D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Cryonic

Running TORG using D6?

So, I have a small group of players and was thinking of running TORG, but wanted to use the D6 system (gave them copies of D6 Adventure). I have some of the old Infiniverse issues and other books from TORG for adventure seeds/modules. Any recommendations on converting to D6?

Revised and Expanded has conversion rules (page 198). A lot of things convert directly (Difficulty Numbers for instance). I'd say more, but I'd mostly just be quoting the book.

Though I will note that the conversion rules in the R&E were for the earlier, generic D6 system old WEG released and not the D6 Adventure/Fantasy/Space systems that the later version of WEG released. While there probably weren't that many differences the conversions might require a little bit of tweaking.

The good news is that the earlier, generic D6 system is one of the things released under the OpenD6 OGL, so that's available for free out on the web.

What really is that different from the current D6 (Adventure/Space/Fantasy) vs the older D6? Reading through the books there isn't any real differences between these and what was presented for Star Wars decades ago other than the cap for humans being raised to 5D from 4D and the introduction of the Advantage/Disadvantage system.

Edited by Cryonic

Only differences, off the top of my head, are:

Human attribute minimums/maximums changed

Inclusion of Body Points

New scale system

Inclusion of Advantages/Disadvantages (which became part and parcel of alien packages)

Slight alteration of Character Point usage

Optional "Point Build" of characters

Change in melee damage calculation

Other minor alterations of skills and options for things (such as autofire and burst fire for ranged combat)

So, nothing really major. And if they players only read the D6 book and I handle the conversions of the adventures myself, they really wouldn't know that it was different. From reading the TORG R&E book it seems that most of the stuff is just a direct conversion over (divide scores by 3 to get the dice and use the remainder as pips). Target numbers can either be left as static values or converted to xD+n. My only real concern is the change in the game statistics of going from a single D20 roll to an XD6 roll.

I'm thinking of starting the game just prior to the actual Invasion of the other Realms and going from there. They probably won't be directly involved in the happenings that get Core Earth setup. I'll leave that to the NPCs, but they might be involved in learning about the invasion and what is happening and finding out they are Storm Knights :)