D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
jmiller9461

Question... Sorry If I am a bit late

I have recently came across Septimus and me and my players love it, however there are some plot and general questions that I have, however I notice that this thread is a bit 'quiet' for over a year. Is this thread still monitored and would anyone be offended if I asked a few potentially silly questions?

John M

Ask away! Someone should be able to answer the questions. Maybe not immediately, but hopefully in a decently short amount of time.

Again please forgive me if these have been missed or I am not reading the text right.

1. Are farcasters pad to pad or are they pad to anywhere (pad = teleporter device)?

2. What about the Steel Helix attack and ZPG is there information outside of the text about these that I am missing or are the details yet to come, or has this become a GM's choice type of situation ( -- insert evil GM grin here -- )?

3. How easy is it to explore the remaining part of Septimus (that part that is outside of Acropolis)?

4. Did I interpret the text right that Acropolis has a space fleet?

5. The Proving grounds are listed as being the size of a small planet. This sets the scale at frankly Amazingly Huge. Is there a best place to start on understanding the scales involved in the setting or can I let my mind boggle?

Thanks and pleae forgive all the silly questions, and my spelling. I do not have my materials available at work and I think I may be missing some of the details involved in the discussion of Septimus. I fully play to pick up the banner and run with it given a chance I just had the few dumb questions to start with.

Thanks Again

John M

1. Pad to pad as far as I've been able to determine.

2. Not much info on the Steel Helix from what I've seen. I think it's safe to insert your own devious situation here until you read through the whole bloomin' book and find it hidden in there somewhere (if it even exists).

3. Easy? Depends on your interpretation of the rest of Septimus. Considering the mind-boggling size of Septimus, you could be on another part of the dyson sphere and have absolutely ZERO knowledge of the Extent and the Acropolis and all that stuff. So it could be anything you wanted it to be. Easier in parts, more difficult in other parts, crazy weird in yet other parts.

4. The Extent does have a space fleet, though not near what it used to be, from what I've been able to gather from reading.

5. Basically, let your mind boggle on this. Land areas the size of planets...within cities! All the size of microscopic DOTS on the surface of Septimus! When you consider there's an entire solar system INSIDE of Septimus, and more land on Septimus itself than pretty much the entire galaxy conquered thus far, it's pretty much a mind boggle.

I know there was a company that had secured the rights to release new Septimus material, but I haven't heard anything from that company in quite some time, so I don't know where that sits at this time. Best bet is to fill in your own material for the time being if you can't find explanation in the book.

A little elaboration on my above:

Upon further reading...

1. Farcasters are always pad to pad. Some are commercial pads, some are private pads. But it's always pad to pad.

2. No additional elaboration on this. I think they kept it intentionally vague to allow a GM to do whatever they want with the Stell Helix idea.

3. No change to my thoughts here.

4. The Extent (which lives in the Acropolis) does have a space fleet. However it is small right now. The Extent is attempting to rebuild it, but they've been expending more resources to shore up the troubles in the Acropolis and deal with other problems "planet-side" rather than on rebuilding their space fleet. Their fleet was severely damaged against the battle against the Imperium and basically the remains of it sit planet-side until it's really needed. The Extent has long term goals to go and annex/clean up the Archipelago (the system that orbits the sun inside Septimus) but it wants to have it's own area secure before it does that.

5. No change...let the mind boggle!