brettski

D6 Magazine - Issue #5 (Theme & Ideas for Content?)

19 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

With Issue #4 out now - I'm turning my attention to Issue #5 of D6 Magazine. Jeremy and myself discussed content and strategies for this next issue and I'm looking to really push the boundaries of our skills and abilities... the theme of Issue #5 is: Sci-Fi & Space Opera. If you have any ideas or would like to contribute, I gladly welcome your input.

brettski@wickednorthgames.com

So far, here is what I have lined up:

• An interview (and artwork) featuring Michael Vilardi

• Original content from Peter Schweighofer which will also feature the illustration talent of Michael Vilardi (both of WEG fame...)

• A preview of Westward

• ... and More!

Right now I'm getting things lined up, and I'll be looking for critiques too of its layout and design. Please let me know your thoughts, and thank you for all of the help and support!

I'm in. I was gonna do an orginization, with Background, Character Templates, a map, and Adventure seeds. Sound good?

Thanks!! I appreciate your contributions since the first issue and the concept of an organization works perfect! I'll be whipping up some planets, adventure ideas (throughout the issue) and random bits of technology myself. I'm planning on having stat options for both OpenD6 and Cinema6, for those inclined.

Given the scope and schedule (and the interview), we really want to press on getting certain content into this, yours include RocketDad. So instead of a firm deadline, we are aiming to ask all submissions be in by early August (first week). This way we are not pressing on the current submission line up and impeding the quality as little as possible throughout the summer.

Best,

J.

I have a few notes on something and this might be a good issue for me to expand on it. My semester will be ending soon, and I'll try to get a draft done after I submit grades later next week. I'll keep you posted.

cheshire: whatever you can do for the magazine is very welcome!

Personally, if I can find the time, I'm going to try to pull together some of my notes from Starcross, our cinema6 setting thats two projects down the line and see about doing a brief adventure in it. Starcross is a high technology science fiction piece that should fit the magazine theme well. If not? Then I suppose I'll just put together some kind of advanced weapons technology or armor or maybe both...

- J

We have an impressive amount of content lined up for Issue no. 5!

If you've been thinking about contributing, please feel free to get in touch with Arcgaden or myself.

Expect awesomeness.

Just checking in and seeing where everyone is at for content... I'll be working on a current state of d6 Gaming article, and a mini-adventure. So far I've received content from Cheshire, Raymond Terry, Peter Schweighofer and Hisham and I are wrapping up an interview with illustrator Mike Vilardi. Once again, the theme for the issue is Science Fiction and Space Opera.

Thank you everyone! Feel free to email me with any questions: brettski@wickednorthgames.com

Just checking in and seeing where everyone is at for content... I'll be working on a current state of d6 Gaming article, and a mini-adventure. So far I've received content from Cheshire, Raymond Terry, Peter Schweighofer and Hisham and I are wrapping up an interview with illustrator Mike Vilardi. Once again, the theme for the issue is Science Fiction and Space Opera.

Thank you everyone! Feel free to email me with any questions: brettski@wickednorthgames.com

My favorite WEG Star Wars author and artist?! Chesh and Hish?! Sci-Fi and Space Opera?! Sounds awesome!

And with Space Opera, I think you know what I'm going to do. I can't do it overtly, but still... you know what I'm going to do.

I can't do it overtly, but still... you know what I'm going to do.

I know what you're going to do. :cool:

I'll have my article submitted by the sixth. Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it too! Thanks for the updates guys... I'm flexible this month as I'll be leaving for GenCon in two weeks, so a bulk of my writing efforts are going towards Westward and GenCon prep. I've contracted Drew Moss to illustrate the cover of Issue #5 of D6 Magazine. If you guys need any work done, he's really talented and a great artist. He's also in a bit of a pinch right now. Here's his Portfolio on Deviant: http://drewerd.deviantart.com/

If you check out the horror issue last year, he illustrated the Vampires (cover for the article plus the Vamps) in that issue. I've asked him to draw a Star Wars episode IV (A New Hope ; ) ) style poster for the Issue #5 cover just incredibly deranged in the style of OpenD6!

With that in mind - a quick question? Do we have a Character Sheet designed specifically for OpenD6? I would love to include one in this issue.

I've asked him to draw a Star Wars episode IV (A New Hope ; ) ) style poster for the Issue #5 cover just incredibly deranged in the style of OpenD6!

QUOTE]

Sounds great! After all, "it's kinda like that." ;)

Is it ready yet?

No?

Okay, howsabout now? Is it ready? Can I see it?

No?

:(

j/k :)

Almost ready everyone!

I'm waiting on some last minute art - I've contracted a new artist and her technical work is fantastic...

Khairul has handed in his illustrations and I'm going over its physical design layout today!

Let me know if you have any questions...

Let me know if you have any questions...

Question: I can haz magazine?