D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
hellsreach

Crappy effing few days.

Man, last night a cut the very tip of my left index finger off with a razor knife. Only the very tip -- makes for a BAD cut, but is little more than a glorified flesh wound -- still, it hurt a bit and my finger is wrapped up and looks like a corn dog and I'll no doubt have a misshapen finger for life.

And my dog, who has been spiralling the drain lately is barely moving, not eating, and has gone almost totally blind and, though she hasn't whimpered, is no doubt in pain. I need to take her to the vet tomorrow to have her euthanized.

Man, I'm in a right funky mood.

Life does tend to select certain people and paint a target on them and take pot-shots at them -- its one factor of life I wish could be rectified.

Seems you are one such individual.

Man, last night a cut the very tip of my left index finger off with a razor knife. Only the very tip. tip -- makes for a BAD cut, but is little more than a glorified flesh wound -- still, it hurt a bit and my finger is wrapped up and looks like a corn dog and I'll no doubt have a misshapen finger for life.

And my dog, who has been spiralling the drain lately is barely moving, not eating, and has gone almost totally blind and, though see hasn't whimpered, is no doubt in pain. I need to take her to the vet tomorrow to have her euthanized.

I am sorry you are having such a crappy day. And I am sorry about your dog. Having had dogs for much of my life I know how much that can suck.

Just know I am sending you good vibes (hope it helps).

Sorry to hear about the finger. That's gotta smart.

And I know how you feel about your dog. I just buried my bird on Wednesday...one that I'd had for 24 years of my life. It's a hard, hard thing to lose something that you've spent so much time with as a pet.

:(

With a pet the relationship can be rather like a parent and child.

The pet looks to you for food and shelter and protection -- just like a child would.

And the classic lament that "no parent should ever have to bury their child" holds truth even in the demise of a pet.

Grief is therefore normal and even commendable.

Man, last night a cut the very tip of my left index finger off with a razor knife. Only the very tip -- makes for a BAD cut, but is little more than a glorified flesh wound -- still, it hurt a bit and my finger is wrapped up and looks like a corn dog and I'll no doubt have a misshapen finger for life.

And my dog, who has been spiralling the drain lately is barely moving, not eating, and has gone almost totally blind and, though she hasn't whimpered, is no doubt in pain. I need to take her to the vet tomorrow to have her euthanized.

Sorry about your dog :(

With a pet the relationship can be rather like a parent and child.

The pet looks to you for food and shelter and protection -- just like a child would.

And the classic lament that "no parent should ever have to bury their child" holds truth even in the demise of a pet.

Grief is therefore normal and even commendable.

This is very true. Some people say "It's just a dog" or "it's just a cat" but what they dont understand is to some people that dog or cat is part of the family.

I don't put pets on the same "importance" level as people, but when labeling things that have a general positive impact on my life as "important," Cookie was more important than most people I have to deal with on a dialy basis.

Present forum excluded, of course ;)

She was a good girl. VERY kind hearted and everyone who ever met her, loved her. I'm gonna miss her greatly. But, I cannot be too upset. She was almost 16 years old -- survived cancer once, adding 2 mores years of happiness to the home -- so she lived a long and full life.

I don't put pets on the same "importance" level as people, but when labeling things that have a general positive impact on my life as "important," Cookie was more important than most people I have to deal with on a dialy basis.

She was a good girl. VERY kind hearted and everyone who ever met her, loved her. I'm gonna miss her greatly. But, I cannot be too upset. She was almost 16 years old -- survived cancer once, adding 2 mores years of happiness to the home -- so she lived a long and full life.

If you PAID for cancer treatments, she was "people" rather than a "pet".

"Shadows of Egypt, Emperor of the Nile" (his full name), got to be about 16 to maybe 18 when he finally came down with Feline Nocturnal Alzheimer's and the prospect looked bleak -- no cure, no treatment.

Grief struck me hard but all we could do was ease his passing.

These are very good points. I hope things are improving for you

I'm really sorry to hear about the finger and the loss of pets. I am an animal lover too. :(

I just found out that a good college buddy of mine died yesterday from injuries recieved in a motorcycle accident over the weekend. I'll be attending his veiwing hours/funeral this weekend.

I'm really sorry to hear about the finger and the loss of pets. I am an animal lover too. :(

I just found out that a good college buddy of mine died yesterday from injuries recieved in a motorcycle accident over the weekend. I'll be attending his veiwing hours/funeral this weekend.

Well, that puts the loss of an old dog squarely in perspective. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.

I know this is a little late but I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Loosing friends and family is very hard. I know, my grandmother (my last grandparent alive) died on Christmas day last year (it will be a year this Christmas) and it was difficult even though we knew she was sick.