D6 Online 3.0
Green Dragon

Ooglith Masquers - game systemics

Yuuzhan Vong Ooglith Masquers, a symbiotic bodysuit, that alters the wearers appearance to that of another species. Also deceives medical scanners. But what I can't determine, in game system terms (for any system) is what about innate biological traits of a species.

For example, a Wookiee masque. Would it have the climbing claws, and provide the ability (perhaps with the aid of a Tizowyrm translator) to speak Shyriiwook? Or allow a Twi'Lek masque to use the Lekku head-tail sign language (or even allow the tails to move)?

If the form has extra limbs (four arms or a prehensile tail for instance) would they function?

The list goes on.

This is entirely my opinion with no hard data backing it up, but I would imagine it would allow for the movement of head-tails and thus the capability to use the language, but not necessarily the knowledge of the language itself to be able to communicate in it. I would say the same for wookie masques: claws and the ability to produce the difficult Shyriiwoook sounds, but not the fluency in the language. So someone like Han, knowing the language well, but normally unable to speak it, would blend in fine. Jiri the random Jawa with minimal Wookie contact could make the sounds, but they would be random and probably nonsense. That's just my two credits worth...

I agree. While the ability to climb and make the sound is there, the knowledge of doing it isn't bestowed to the wearer of the bodysuit. Same goes for the Twi'Lek. They can move the head tails, but wouldn't know the language of the head tails (either to communicate that way or to read the head tail movement of others).

Thanks guys. But what about Water Breathing (Mon Calamari)? Or Darkvision (Sullustan)? Or Pheremones (Zeltrons)? Would a Masquer confer superhuman Strength or uncanny Dexterity?

I was thinking about that...races like the Givin that can live in the vacuum of space for a period of time. If the suits are only meant to mimic things and not have the full capability of the thing it mimics (I haven't read up on the Vong) then I would say it can't do it. If, on the other hand, it can give the impression of underwater breathers or races like the Givin, even when in outer space, then I would say it would work for things like the water breathing and dark vision. As for the pheremones...the suit might mimic the ability to produce them, but it that falls into the aforementioned "does the character know what to do with it" category. They can emit the pheremones, but considering they've likely never had or utilized the ability to control their body's pheremones, they wouldn't know how to control them to the point of being able to control others with them.

That's my thought.

A) Auriculotemporal, vagus, medial occipital, and may some aspect of the opthalmic division of the trigeminal interfacing with the neural system of the masquer

B) Sufficiently advanced bio-technology is indistinguishable from magic

C) The same nerve that let George Lucas interpose Jar Jar, make Greedo shoot first, and reject Luke's marriage. What nerve indeed!

C) The same nerve that let George Lucas interpose Jar Jar, make Greedo shoot first, and reject Luke's marriage. What nerve indeed!
Good point. :D But I don't think George is responsible for the Vongs and their tech.

Ha ha! This reminds me. George Lucas claims that Greedo ALWAYS fired first, we just couldn't see it before because of the angle, so we were interpreting it wrong all these years. So we're all at fault for not interpreting it correctly, as the shot was always there. He just panned the camera out so we could see the shot now...the shot that was ALWAYS there.

:rolleyes:

He also "wrote" (with a little uncredited help from Alan Dean Foster) the novelization of that scene. And in the book, Han shot first.

I'm still waiting for him to re-edit Empire, to "fix" Harrison Ford "ruining" his dialogue and saying "I know" instead of "I love you too."