D6 Online 3.0
danbuter

Mini Six Fantasy

I've been working on a Fantasy conversion of Mini Six. I've got most of it done. I've been talking a little about it at my blog: http://sordnbord.blogspot.com/.

Here's a couple new spells I came up with. Comments or suggestions are welcome:

Cure Disease

TN: 20 + Resistance Roll

Duration: Permanent

Resisted: Disease Severity

The target of the spell is cured of all diseases. Assign the Resistance Roll based upon the severity of the disease. A common cold would be an Easy roll, while the Black Death would be a Difficult roll, and a magical disease might be a Very Difficult roll.

Linguist

TN: 14 + Resist Roll

Duration: Concentration

Range: 20 feet

Resisted: Charm

When cast, you can understand someone speaking in another language. You can speak limited phrases in their language, as well (I’m hungry. Where is store. Etc.). You can also read basic sentences in other languages (complicated passages are beyond this spell, though). No Resist Roll is required if the target wants to speak with the spell caster (just the standard spell roll is needed).

Here's some monsters. I use hit points, because I hate death spirals that wound systems create. Again, suggestions/corrections are welcome:

Tyrannosaurus Rex ***** Scale: +4D

Top of the food chain.

Might: 6D Wit: 0D

Agility: 2D Charm: 1D hp: 56

Attacks: Bite (11D damage vs. human scale)

Tail Bash (8D damage vs. human scale)

Perks: Tough Hide (+5 armor), Fast (60 ft per round)

Static: Dodge 6, DR 5

Velociraptor *** Scale: +0D

Fast hunter.

Might: 4D Wit: 0D

Agility: 4D Charm: 1D hp: 36

Skills: Tracking 3D

Attacks: Bite (4D damage)

Perks: Tough Hide (+3 armor), Fast (60 ft per round)

Static: Dodge 12, DR 3

Elemental (Air) **** Scale: 0D

Living air creature.

Might: 4D+1 Wit: 1D

Agility: 4D+2 Charm: 1D hp: 37

Skills: Brawling 5D+1, Dodge 5D+2

Perks: Insubstantial (Can only be harmed by magic weapons or spells).

Whirlwind (Can throw characters ten feet up into the air on a successful Might check vs. the character’s Might. Character takes 1D of damage and must make a Difficult Agility check or drop all items in his hands).

Fly (can fly up to 120 feet per round).

Static: Dodge 17, Block 16, DR 0

Ooze *** Scale: +2D

A living pool of acid.

Might: 0D Wit: 0D

Agility: 1D Charm: 0D hp: 24

Skills: Acid Touch 3D, Stealth 4D

Perks: Ooze (can only be harmed by fire or magic),

Acid touch (attacks do 3D acid damage and ignore armor).

Static: Dodge 3, DR 0

Edited by danbuter

One thing I did with hit points is that I usually do the recommended 4 hp per Might. However, really tough creatures get 5 or even 6 hp per Might die, and wimpy creatures get 3 hp per Might die.

You might want to drop the hit points a bit for the Velociraptor. Having it the same as the Tyrranosaurus Rex is a bit much. You might also want to put in some sort of "fast" for the T-Rex. They're no slouches in the speed department either.

And by the way, welcome to the boards!

Here's a couple races I'm including. Do the point costs and abilities look good?

Cambion (1): You’re part demon. You can see in the dark, even if it’s magical. You must have a distinctive appearance, such as horns, goat legs, or a forked tongue.

Nephilim (2): You’re part angel. You can see in the dark. You have a +1 bonus to strike demons, devils, and undead in melee combat. You must have a distinctive appearance, such as golden eyes, wings, or light blue skin.

Wildfolk (2): You’ve got some animals in your ancestry, and you’re hairy and have claws. You have an enhanced sense of smell, gaining a +2 bonus to your Tracking skill. Your claw-tipped fingers grant you +1 damage on unarmed attacks.

Herb/Poison ---Cost----Affect

Aloe-----------5 cp----Heals 1D burn damage.

Anise----------3 cp----Heals 1D poison damage.

Chamomile----10 sp----Heals 2D damage.

Chicory--------2 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

Echinacea----10 sp----Heals 2D damage.

Foxglove------10 sp----Inflicts 2D damage if ingested. Moderate Might resists to 1D.

Garlic----------1 sp----Heals 1D damage.

Ginseng--------5 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

Hemlock------20 sp----Inflicts 3D damage if ingested. Difficult Might resists to 1D+2.

Juniper--------1 sp----Heals 1D damage.

Mint-----------2 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

Nightshade----30 sp----Inflicts 3D damage if ingested. Very Difficult Might resists to 2D.

Sage-----------2 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

Skullcap-------10 sp----Causes sleep if ingested. Moderate Might resists.

Vervain--------5 sp-----Doubles natural healing rate.

Witch Hazel---10 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

*Using Body Points.

**1 silver piece (sp) = 1 D&D gold piece, if you are converting.

Edited by danbuter

Pretty neat stuff with the various herbs. Nice touch to use recognizable herbs. One thing you might have to do is vary some of the "doubles natural healing rate". Since you're using body points, you can do percentages to make them different from each other. Considering you have some herbs available for 2 sp, some for 5 sp, and one for 10 sp that all do the exact same thing, I think using a little variance would add just a bit more "chrome" to the whole thing. But it's definitely a good idea and good start!

As for your races:

Cambion = see in dark even in magical dark. could have horns visible, goat legs visible, or unseen forked tongue. Cost 1

Nephilim = see in dark, but not in magical dark, +1 to hit demons, devils, undead in melee. could have gold eyes visible, blue skin visible, or wings visible. Cost 2

Wildfolk = claws +1 unarmed damage damage, enhanced smell +2 to tracking. is hairy. Cost 2

Right there it looks as though you're wildly (excuse the pun) favoring the Wildfolk. Cambion only see in all darkness. They cost 1. Nephilim see in some darkness and get +1 to hit unholy bad guys, but they are noticably different on sight. They cost 2. Wildfolk get +1 to unarmed damage against everyone, and +2 to tracking everyone, and they're just hairy. They cost 2.

Do you see the cost problem?

I'm not sure what you're attempting to portray with these three and whether you want one to be more powerful than another, but here are some suggestions.

Cambion: can see in all darkness. can tell when other Cambion or Nephilim are within 200 meters and can track them at +1 (one to gain as an ally and the other to kill). Either has visible horns, cloven feet and goat-like lower legs, or are gaunt, with yellow-colored eyes and a forked tongue. Cost 2

Nephilim: can see in all darkness. gains +1 to hit all Cambion, demons, devils and undead in any combat type. Either has wings that allow limited flight (speed 5) for three rounds, or blue tinted skin and golden colored eyes. Cost 2

Wildfolk: they are descendants of the beasts of nature. They have claws that grant +1 to unarmed damage and have heightened smell or eyesight that grants +2 to tracking. Their body is mostly covered in hair of a coursness and coloring of whichever animal they are descended from. White/Grey = wolf, Brown = bear, Black = panther, Tan/Sandy = badger, Orangish/Blackish stripes = tiger, Brownish/Blackish stripes = wolverine, usually only the face isn't covered in hair. Cost 2

That way they all have a visible thing to contend with by being special, and they all gain some sort of passive and active benefit. Plus, they all sit at the same cost.

Maybe this will help out, maybe it's not what you had in mind. Just some suggestions that popped into my head.

Hope it helps.

My suggestion on the first batch of creatures would be an addition to the Velociraptor:

Velociraptor *** Scale: +0D

Fast hunter.

Might: 4D Wit: 0D

Agility: 4D Charm: 1D hp: 50

Skills: Tracking 3D

Attacks: Bite (4D damage)

Perks: Tough Hide (+3 armor), Fast (Base move 25’, Runs 50’)

Static: Dodge 12, DR 3

As presented, the eviscerating attack of the hooked "toe-claw" is left out - I think you may be handicapping the raptor by omitting this attack. Sure they bite, but I'd be more worried about the "kicking" attack. Even though the historical Velociraptor was more a wolf-sized dinosaur and not the Utahraptor-sized beasts from the Jurassic Park films, I'd still put the emphasis on their footwork. I'd suggest something like "Talon (+1D damage)" giving the beast a rather lethal opening move if it can successfully ambush an unarmored PC...

Edited by Lee Torres

Herb/Poison ---Cost----Affect

Aloe-----------5 cp----Heals 1D burn damage.

Anise----------3 cp----Heals 1D poison damage.

Chamomile----10 sp----Heals 2D damage.

Chicory--------2 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

Echinacea----10 sp----Heals 2D damage.

Foxglove------10 sp----Inflicts 2D damage if ingested. Moderate Might resists to 1D.

Garlic----------1 sp----Heals 1D damage.

Ginseng--------5 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

Hemlock------20 sp----Inflicts 3D damage if ingested. Difficult Might resists to 1D+2.

Juniper--------1 sp----Heals 1D damage.

Mint-----------2 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

Nightshade----30 sp----Inflicts 3D damage if ingested. Very Difficult Might resists to 2D.

Sage-----------2 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

Skullcap-------10 sp----Causes sleep if ingested. Moderate Might resists.

Vervain--------5 sp-----Doubles natural healing rate.

Witch Hazel---10 sp----Doubles natural healing rate.

*Using Body Points.

**1 silver piece (sp) = 1 D&D gold piece, if you are converting.

I am trying to incorporate an alchemy system into my d6 fantasy world of Alatha. This stuff looked good and re-kindled my interest. Any ideas on where to find more or similar?