D6 Online 3.0
Grimace

So what's up with people?

Here’s my 2 cents…

The complexity of other systems allows the game developers to continually put out new content such as items, abilities, races etc about which players will post/debate for days. Check out the D&D forums and see how many threads there are on "Optimizing Class X" or "Best way to build a Half-Orc Dhampyr Wizard/Paladin who worships Orcus" or "How to cause infinite damage by exploiting Power X with Class Ability Y" In other words, the forums for these games get a lot of traffic but it is largely about game mechanics. On the other hand, it doesn’t seem like there is much to say about D6 rules that hasn’t already been talked to death.

The other popular types of topic on other game forums are setting related. People on D&D forums talk endlessly about creatures, gods, planes, timelines, and race cultures. We do have a few setting related sub-forums here but there is not enough history, developer support, and/or players to generate much discussion.

I guess it all boils down to a person doing good work on a setting, and then really sticking with it and putting out more material that really grabs people's attention.

And this is why I was so excited for Destiny6. I really thought that Jeff with his experience in the gaming industry could be that person. We were supposed to get some more info on March 4th but Jeff has gotten pretty quiet again so (personally) I'm bracing myself for more delays.

Edited by Option

I should point out that I'm not trying to be negative, sometimes it is easy to come across wrong on the internet. If I knew of the perfect setting to make D6 stand out I'd be pushing it!

I'm fairly new here, join date showing 3-21-2012, but I may have a clue as to what makes single-hit posters (unless my experience was unique). I registered and posted a question, then was told that my comment would have to await moderation before it showed up. Okay, I can deal with that. Keeps out the spam. I get it. I expected a wait of two days or so. More than a week and a half later my post still hadn't shown up. Okay, I got bored of waiting and moved on. I only came back recently out of curiosity to see if I'd ever gotten posted. Now that I finally have, I may stick around a while.

My apologies for the delay in the approval of your first post. I don't think of looking every day for the moderated posts in the backend area, and if they don't show up as pending messages on the New Posts, I don't catch them right away.

Glad you came back, though!

I'm in the same boat as Shiftkitty. I just recently joined because I'm interested in the OpenD6 movement, but I'm still waiting moderator approval. I wasn't sure if I can post yet, but I'm giving this a try anyway.

One reason I'm into Open D6 is because I'm a relatively new tabletop gamer. I was introduced to several systems in short order, including D&D 4 and Pathfinder, and was excited about the idea of being able to tell interactive stories. The rules froze me up, though. My friends who introduced me to D6 are playing Star Wars, and I enjoyed it because the rules were so de-emphasized compared to those other systems. We were playing a couple weeks ago and I thought, "I can do this!" And I thought I'd give story creation and GMing a try.

I was really excited to find the Open D6 core books, then even more excited to find the Mini Six barebones pdf. Something that's lightweight and easily arbitrated is great for someone like me who's looking to GM but doesn't want to be a huge rules master.

In addition to the magazine, one thing I would suggest to encourage is the idea of actual play podcasts as a way to promote the system. I love listening to these things. I would hazard to say that 95% of my knowledge of systems comes from listening to people play through games. I know that's true with my knowledge of D&D (thanks to Critical Hit).

Yeah, the D6 system would seem massively easier and lighter on the rules compared to either one of the two other games systems you mentioned.

I'd suggest you check out the 4th issue of D6 Magazine, as there's an ad in there that gives you an idea of the variety of games currently available for OpenD6.

Welcome to the board and hopefully we'll see you around here more.

Well, I've been a fan of the D6 system for years - in fact, me and my group used to play it regularly for quite some time. We played a renegade Dark Side Jedi campaign, a Special Forces campaign, a smugglers & bounty hunters campaign... Quite a few. These days, though, what with work, significant others, etc., our gaming time is very limited. Currently, we're playing a superhero campaign using "Blood of Heroes".

I haven't abandoned the system entirely, though. In fact, I'm currently working on an old adaptation I made for a Viking campaign... And who knows, this time I'm actually inspired enough that I'd like to try and publish it. :-)

I'm fairly new here, join date showing 3-21-2012, but I may have a clue as to what makes single-hit posters (unless my experience was unique). I registered and posted a question, then was told that my comment would have to await moderation before it showed up. Okay, I can deal with that. Keeps out the spam. I get it. I expected a wait of two days or so. More than a week and a half later my post still hadn't shown up. Okay, I got bored of waiting and moved on. I only came back recently out of curiosity to see if I'd ever gotten posted. Now that I finally have, I may stick around a while.

I'll second that. It is counterproductive to have to wait for moderation, especially if you are trying to get more posters and activity in here.

I am a total noob with D6,but have been playing with my own set of rules for 30 years now. I have just started to dabble with D6 with my kids and so far have had good fun with it. I really like the open idea of this but don't know how to bring more people in to it. As I have been writing my own rules as well as creating my own world my interest has mainly been in the rules department, but once I get home from vacation I will take a look at Arzam and mini six.

I for one would be interested in small adventures I could use in my own setting. I'll write more later as it is cumbersome to write here on a tablet ;-)

As you can see by my post count, I don't really participate here at all. I guess I don't have much to say :) I do lurk a lot, though, and I'm a big fan of the D6 System. I tend to advocate for it when I get the chance.

I'd love to see this forum return to its former glory. I haven't been keeping up too much myself lately, which is odd since I now play several WEG related games on a semi-regular basis.

Still active, still writing my game, and three novel projects. Making real progress. Of course the game is only D6 in the loosest sense at this point, originally it was d100, then a straight D6 setting, but neither really provided what I wanted so I moved closer to a Legend style game, and finally moved past that. It is now its own thing using six sided dice with its own rule set. I read and post when I have time, but don't really want to get into long drawn out discussions whne I could be doing something more productive.

I'd love to see this forum return to its former glory. I haven't been keeping up too much myself lately, which is odd since I now play several WEG related games on a semi-regular basis.

I'd love to see it back to its former glory as well. It's a matter of getting people to talk about D6 and be excited about D6 and, of course, discussing various things about D6.

When you feel like you have time, post some game logs or some such! I think a fair number of people happen by here looking for d6 guidance, and more content for them would be great. I'd do the same if I ever get to run it :/

When you feel like you have time, post some game logs or some such! I think a fair number of people happen by here looking for d6 guidance, and more content for them would be great. I'd do the same if I ever get to run it :/

Hey Barrataria!

The D6 game (MiniSix) where I am a player is run face to face, so it would take some time to type something like that in, but I will see what I can do :)

I also GMed quite a bit of D6 Star Wars back in the days. Did the Tramp Freighters campaign and some things that grew out of that.

-Havard

Hey Barrataria!

The D6 game (MiniSix) where I am a player is run face to face, so it would take some time to type something like that in, but I will see what I can do :)

I also GMed quite a bit of D6 Star Wars back in the days. Did the Tramp Freighters campaign and some things that grew out of that.

-Havard

Why not record it, and do a Podcast sort of thing?

Why not record it, and do a Podcast sort of thing?

That's a cool idea. Unfortunately my players are Norwegian, so that's the language we game in. Maybe someone else reading this is up for a podcast game though?

-Havard

Hey Barrataria!

ANYTHING would be great! Literally. There are no fantasy adventures for d6 that I know of. Even a description of a combat you ran and what happened would be useful. Someone on Dragonsfoot requested a mock combat be posted. Or if you had a small mystery or investigation type plotline, seeing the decision points and difficulties and such would be helpful.

If and when I ever get to run a game maybe I'll do something like this... maybe we'd end up with a "campaign journals" forum or some such.

As for Norwegian gaming podcasts... you could instantly be the industry leader :)