D6 Online 3.0

Microsoft Word has a save option called Embed TrueType fonts.

Stores TrueType fonts with the document. Others who open and work with the document can view and use those fonts, even if the fonts aren't installed on their computers.

It does make the file larger, but it helps avoid some printing issues.

I wonder if your publisher software has something similar?

It took some digging, but I found that option in Publisher. Sadly, it still doesn't work for a couple of the fonts. I'll have to find substitutions for those.

Thanks for the tip!

So I'm arguing with myself or my next Quick Hit. Should I go with Modern Warfare/Special Operations or should I go with my Wing Commander material? Thoughts from people? What would you guys rather see this month?

While I suspect I'll be in the minority (damn the Kilrathi and their pseudo-feline charm!) I'd like to see the Quick Hit for Modern Warfare/Special Operations, please!

While I suspect I'll be in the minority (damn the Kilrathi and their pseudo-feline charm!) I'd like to see the Quick Hit for Modern Warfare/Special Operations, please!

Both sound cool, but I'm with Lee. I think Modern Warfare/Spec Ops could be a lot of fun to see.

Both sound interesting, but I would lean towards Wing Commander as it will fit better with Starfighter-based adventures for Star Wars.

So two for Modern Special Ops and one for Wing Commander so far. A narrow vote, but also pretty small turnout on the opinions thus far. Hopefully others will voice an opinion too. (This is what I was talking about when I mentioned people should let us know what we're doing right, doing wrong, and what we need to do to get more people interested and talking about OpenD6)

Very true on participation man. I found some old notes I had for a collection of magic spells for a magic system conversion of sorts from my pre Mini Six efforts. I plan on polishing them up just a wee bit and sharing them. Also thinking of plugging it into a simple, brief fantasy scenario. Hopefully try and get a wee bit of sword and sorcery tinted pulp for enjoyment. No promises on quality or timeline, but we do need to remind people that OpenD6 is around to be played with.

I've decided to go with the modern warfare. I need some time to put it together, and with the company I have coming this month, the more time the better. With luck, I'll have it out before the end of the month.

Modern Warfare / Special Ops sounds like a great idea ; especially with the popularity of the recent games coming out on consoles and pcs. I'd love for it to possibly be in a WWIII scenario between the western powers and a unified Axis of Evil; if possible. IF you are taking suggestions :) I was a huge Twilight 2000 fan. I'd love to see a D6 hack of a similar scenario, but perhaps brought up to current event likelihoods.

I'm a big fan of Twilight 2000 as well, so it's suffice to say, the information in this next Quick Hit could certainly be used for something along the lines of what you would find during the Twilight war. Maybe later I'll put in some conversion rules for Twilight to OpenD6.

Space: Above and Beyond was a great show. It's a shame it only went for one season. I'd have to get access to the shows in order to have an idea of how to expend upon what we see in the show (as well as stat what we see in the show). That's probably something that will be done in the much farther future, but not out of the realm of possibility.

I'll email you some stuff I have - there was a freeware RPG based on it that had some good details in it, and I have a folder of related materials in my digital archive; I'll find some stuff to help you out. Of course, that shouldn't deter you from picking it up on DVD, because... well, because Chiggy von Richthofen!

What more could you need? :)