D6 Online 3.0
brettmb

Shatterzone Reprint First Look

Here's a first look at the cover for the new Shatterzone Classic Reprint, coming soon...

shatterzonecoversample.jpgshatterzonecoverback.jpg

This classic reprint combines the Rule Book, Players' Guide, and Universe Guide into a single volume and requires two 10-sided dice. Masterdeckâ„¢ cards optional, but recommended for enhanced play. More info...

As mentioned elsewhere, I think it looks great! I also like that its combined into one volume rather than three.

And yes, its much more fun with the cards :)

I'm not familiar with Shatterzone, but it looks awesome. How does it play? Can you compare it to another system? Is it mainly rules or is there a fair amount of campaign information as well? The Masterdeck cards sound interesting, but is it still enjoyable without them?

I'm not familiar with Shatterzone, but it looks awesome. How does it play? Can you compare it to another system? Is it mainly rules or is there a fair amount of campaign information as well? The Masterdeck cards sound interesting, but is it still enjoyable without them?

The system is similar to Torg and MasterBook. Part of the book details the universe - more information is available in the supplements. You can play without the cards, but I can't stress how much more fun it is with them.

The system is similar to Torg and MasterBook. Part of the book details the universe - more information is available in the supplements. You can play without the cards, but I can't stress how much more fun it is with them.

+1

The cards are just so much fun. But yeah, the system runs fine without it.

-Havard

This looks awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on it. Do you have a rough schedule for the rest of the line in mind?

Sorry no. I'm juggling this with other projects, including the Bloodshadows reprints.

It's now available. Pre-order the softcover and get the PDF while you wait (as always). LINK

A PDF of the cards is included, but you can order the printed card if desired. The same deck is designed for both MasterBook and Shatterzone.

Damn, I'm tempted, at least for the softcover guide.

I might just have to scratch together some cash, do you have Paypal options?

If WEG had not collapsed until Our good Hellsreach, there was talk of linking Shatterzone to TORG.

The 'Zone itself was a gigantic cosmic sized "asteroid-al" wall at the very edge of our universe, with something either unknown or even unknowable lurking on the far side.

I have a Masterbook deck, but I'll likely want the new one with the extra Shatterzone cards in it.

Sad thing was, while I found Masterbook a weaker version of the TORG system, I loved the absolute hell out of some of the worlds they had available: Tales From the Crypt is a fave of mine, and I am a fan of Lumley's Necroscope as well so having that was a must.

Unfortunately, there just doesn't seem to be a sufficient means of applying a cross-over of of certain system elements: Trying to move the Vamphyri over to the Species book or that there are several versions of psychic powers strewn throughout the different games and no real consensus on how they could play well together.

...All naturally based upon my possibly unreliable memory.

Getting Shatterzone is about the only NONTORG book I'm still missing of those I want to have.

(Or maybe there might be a few Marl sourcebooks I still lack as well...)

I really would have liked some of the Masterbook worlds to have been complete with optional information allowing them to be made into TORG Cosms... sort of a niggling issue after all these years but its mostly too late to do much about now.

Marl got a D6 treatment as well and did hear it was good enough to add to Masterbook Marl.

Well, maybe I do have some more books to seek out.

I really would have liked some of the Masterbook worlds to have been complete with optional information allowing them to be made into TORG Cosms... sort of a niggling issue after all these years but its mostly too late to do much about now.

Marl got a D6 treatment as well and did hear it was good enough to add to Masterbook Marl.

Well, maybe I do have some more books to seek out.

D6 Bloodshadows was pretty good. IIRC it integrated material from the Galitia Sourcebook with the main Bloodshadows Sourcebook.

Call me an optimist, but I would love to see some Precis Intermedia / Ulisses Spiele cooperation projects in the future creating the type of products you mention. Heck, according to Scott Palter, many of those movie world lisences used for MasterBook were pretty cheap. Perhaps some of the old world books can be brought back as well?

-Havard

D6 Bloodshadows was pretty good. IIRC it integrated material from the Galitia Sourcebook with the main Bloodshadows Sourcebook.

Call me an optimist, but I would love to see some Precis Intermedia / Ulisses Spiele cooperation projects in the future creating the type of products you mention. Heck, according to Scott Palter, many of those movie world lisences used for MasterBook were pretty cheap. Perhaps some of the old world books can be brought back as well?

-Havard

I'd like to think such could be possible...

Yet my pessimism constantly pays off while optimists NEVER get any reward for their view at all.

Why not do a Masterbook version of Torg without Torg?

Replace Aysle with Aden, Nile Empire with Bloodshadows, Orrorsh with Necroscope and Cyberpapacy with Shatterzone.

Living Land was not very popular in the first place, so why not replace it with a generic Lost World setting?

Something similar to Market Place could be a Shatterzone world that is invaded.

So it would not be Torg but something very different but still with the ideas of Torg.

Edit: Maybe Fires of Amatsemaru would be a good replacement for Marketplace

Edited by Stormchild

Why not do a Masterbook version of Torg without Torg?

Replace Aysle with Aden, Nile Empire with Bloodshadows, Orrorsh with Necroscope and Cyberpapacy with Shatterzone.

Living Land was not very popular in the first place, so why not replace it with a generic Lost World setting?

Something similar to Market Place could be a Shatterzone world that is invaded.

So it would not be Torg but something very different but still with the ideas of Torg.

Edit: Maybe Fires of Amatsemaru would be a good replacement for Marketplace

Interesting idea! :)

-Havard

To flesh this out a bit: The lost fleet of the Shatterzone civil war made a distress jump into the unknown. They happened to land on the other side of the zone where they founded a new civilization in the system of Amatsemaru. The strange physic laws on this side of the zone make jumps impossible so they cannot leave the system. But they realize that some other laws work, they can use Psi-Energy of some very special people to open small gates to other systems. Of course, those people use the high social axiom to harness Poss just like the use of Poss Dr. Hachi-Mara Two developed.

On their travels to other worlds a la Stargate they find the World of Marl aka Bloodshadows. There they realize that they are not the only ones who are able to use Poss, the gods of order and chaos themselves can do so and that is what makes them gods. In fact, every god has its own Darkness Device. To cross onto other worlds these gods tap into the Poss of whole worlds via magic or miracles. While the gods of order banded together to share in the Poss their followers deliver to them by their hopes and faith, the gods of order destroy whole worlds to suck all Poss out of them. Though the gods of chaos are stronger than the gods of chaos they do seldom cooperate and thus are weaker individually.

On Aden the invasion of one chaos god has just been repelled but lots of creatures still remain and a new invasion is about to begin. The creatures come from a dark place that is full of them and ready to invade any world they can find one of those is the world featured in Necroscope.

And then there are planets still untouched by the gods like the jungle world of ..... insert name of a generic Lost World here....

The Psi-Travellers of Amatsemaru know that they have to be very careful when crossing the gates in order to prevent the gods from discovering them but from time to time some creatures manage to slip through. This was the reason for the creation of the Space Marshalls who claim to uphold the law in Amatsemaru while secretly they are hunting the creatures. They have been successfull in doing so for some time now.

In this situation Amatsemaru is discovered by the first consortium fleet that manages to navigate through the zone. With a new jump drive they are able to cross the distance between the stars.