D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  

Due to the banes of rural living, I've been offline for the last two and a half months. It took getting satellite Internet in order for us to get back on the Web here in southern Alabama, but we are finally back in business.

Updates on all of our products will commence forthwith, starting with our blog and moving on from there. Our next PDF (Ships of The Black Desert: The Vesperides) will be available for sale November 1st, and work continues on The Black Desert Core Rulebook.

For those of you looking out for us, thanks for your attention. We will endeavor to make it worth the wait.

Good to hear you're back on the grid. I was wondering what had happened to Blue Max Studios. Looking forward to seeing more material and more posts. :)

It's been a couple of months and we haven't heard anything more from you, Rocketdad? You having problems again, or are things just slow for you? It would be good to know what's brewing with Blue Max Studios.

Sorry, folks! It's been a case of too busy as opposed to too slow. We've released a free download giving a full intro our current setting, titled The Black Desert Primer on the first. It's a rules-free PDF, so you can use any version of D6 you're comfortable with. I've also been putting the finishing touches on our first core-rules supplement, The Black Desert: Species There's a prieview on the blog right now!

Nice preview, I only have one negative thought regarding it which was immediate, and full blast in my face. Your United American Canadian States is in my mind a little too similar to the United Canadian American States of Shadowrun. In fact the whole cause for the balkanization of the United States seems derivative, since in your setting it is Latinos, in Shadowrun it is Amerindians. It might be much more interesting if it is caused by religious, or economic issues rather than what amounts to unreasoning racism. Other than that it sounds very interesting and the developed history is interesting.

I probably haven't looked at a Shadowrun book in years...I totally forgot that. Anyway, the reason for UACS and Pacifica stemmed from the concept of Brazil becoming a major superpower in the future. Everything else is a derivative of that. The reason I had for melding the eastern US with eastern Canada had to do with history, actually. I have used a lot of historical events from the interbellum period between WWI and WWII as the inspiration for the setting. In addition to this being one of the my favorite periods in art history (Picasso, Matisse, Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Rivera, Kahlo surrealism, dada, etc.) it is also saw the birth of Rocketpunk fiction ala Gernsback, Doc Smith and the earliest of Heinlein's stuff. So in that context, the balkinization of the US is like the demilitarization of the Rhineland and the loss of eastern German territory to Poland after the Treaty of Versailles.

The similarities to Shadowrun are regretted.