D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
janus methedor

Injure-Kill is it Real Damage or Organic Only?

I have a character that has been wanting to use Injure-Kill against objects. Is this possible? I could it working if it was like TK kill and is crushing/mangling stuff. However if It's pure force energy ie Life Force damage I wouldn't see it working?

A Poll of whether it would work on item?

Thanks.

Since the words "injure" and "kill "are not primarily used to describe damaging non-living things, my instinct is that the power was intended to be for use on the living.

I concur with Whill. Injur/Kill for living object only.
I also concur. This is supported by the fact that Control or Perception rather than STR sets the Alter difficulty. Objects have neither Control nor Perception. If you just want to crush something, use Telekinesis - or a modified power like Force Crush or something. Note that for Telekinesis mass (which is possessed by non-living objects) provides the Alter resistance (though Control or Perception can add to the difficulty for a living, resisting being).

best example of injure/kill coming into play would be the line "im going to punch thru the transparasteal screen and pull the sleemo out." most of the time i ended up using the injure kill as a way to deal with the large inanimate objects that get in the way and threaten the bad guys to go away. which has always been an area where i argued any DSP coming from its use just because its used. best way to make 10 bounty hunters go away would be to punch thru the brick wall next to them. no blood and only a little property damage to deal with.