D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

OOC [game over]

Whill updates: My wife got positive results from the surgery (no cancer), and is healing. I finally was able to barely start the set-up of my new home computer last night, and it will be a slow, ongoing process for a while to get back up to speed. The Geek Squad was able to get all my files off my old computer except my extensive IE favorites folders (bookmarks). :(

I should be able to check the forum today and tomorrow, but my brother is coming in to town on Saturday morning for at least the weekend, and this will be his only time to visit with Ohio family for the holidays, so I'll be busy with him and family this weekend. So I expect to not be able to post Saturday or Sunday, but I should be able to return to the forum Monday.

So at this point I think it is likely I will only be away Saturday and Sunday. FYI.

Thanks. I talked to the Geek Squad on lunch and they said if I bring my old tower back in they will look for the favorites and should be able to pull them. They got everything else and did the last time this happened, so I don't know why they wouldn't be able to get the favorites. For $100 they better be able to get my favorites, ya know?

Good to hear your wife is okay. That's the most important thing. If things progress along, we'll run things a bit slower until you can get on (meaning we'll take the pace easy on the weekend...even though that's generally how it is anyway).

Favorites for IE are kept in "c:\documents and settings\login\Favorites"

I appreciate the help. But unfortunately, my windows is completely corrupted on that computer, so I can't log on to access the C-drive or anything else. I paid to have the Geek Squad get in there and back-up all the files, because once I use the recovery discs to get the Windows XP up and running again, everything saved on the computer will be wiped out. Before I do that, I'm taking my old tower there tonight so they can get my favorites out (at no additional cost) before they get erased.

I already have everything else off that c-drive, so once I get the IE favorites I'm going to recover windows and sell that computer.

And my new computer gained access to the internet last night. Yay!

You don't have to boot off it to get those files. If you have a second drive with XP on it, then boot off that drive with the problem drive as a slave and retrieve the files, heheh. That is all Geek Squad is doing.

I've never done that, but I guessed that's all the Geek Squad was doing. My new computer is Windows Vista Premium 64, so I didn't think it would work with my old one being XP. I already paid them to back-up my C-drive on the old tower anway. They got everything but the favorites, which I should be getting tonight after my birthday dinner with my family.

No worries. Migrains are certainly nothing to sneeze at, and staring at a computer screen is hard enough without your brain feeling like it's going to explode out of your noggin.

Updated posts will be here when you get back.

Ending on a cliffhanger till I get back after Christmas ;)

You need to be careful here, and think of a clever solution to this,

you are out numbered by armed goons, and standing in exposed ground with nothing to hide behind if it hits the fan, (you could bolt for cover but would only reach it next turn) without counting you'd guess theres about ten to a dozen armed

And Nadia right in the middle....:eek:

Mwahahaha!

Sorry a bit of Fu Manchu slipped out there :o

I will be gone from the 31st to the 3rd. I'll try to check the site while I'm out, but not many cells work at 9000+ feet on a slope

Ok, well I wonder if we need to wait until Cryonic gets back then.

Sign in to follow this