D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

OOC [game over]

OK, to keep things moving until pathfinder comes back, I'll roll my declared action: Firing once on the freighter that fired on us first.

I rolled a 31 (and without a 6 on the wild die) !

IF I hit, that would be 4D Ion damage...

pathfinder, I assume we just tell you when we roll a 1 on the wild die so you can determine which "1 on the wild die" option you will chose for that roll.

Just subtract the next lowest dice from the pool and indicate you rolled a complication with a capitol "C" after the rolled number,

the GMs can then decide to add in a complication if they feel its appropriate, (will not always apply)

And won't initiative have to be rolled by someone, and then won't we have a declaration/roll first actions order? Even if we are rolling our own actions ourselves, won't you still tell us specifically when to roll here in the OOC thread

No, no rolling for initiative, your initiative is dictated by your posting order, you post first, you act first, (needless to say a GM has alot more control here to post first if needed by begining a new round)

This reduces the slowing down of play, and confusion caused by posting out of sequence and reshuffling,

And again to help reduce confusion in play post (otherwise its a case of cross thread checking) your rolled results are posted in a separate paragraph "in italics" at the bottom of the page, after you main post

IE

Blah Blah Blah...

[i Rolled Blaster to shoot stormtrooper A, 33C]

Mkay, I'll add my roll as an OOC in my IC post then. I'll just use the one I rolled for my example above.

You guys handling damage rolls?

Yeah I'll handle the damage rolls

(You should have just amended you last post, btw frame it with some sort of bracket ;))

My original post was in a this thread (OOC) but I read that my skill check results should be in the IC thread, so I had to post my results fresh there - different thread means new post. And you probably did say [brackets] and my mind read italics - my bad.

I'm on my way out of town tonight and going to a funeral in the morning. I may be able to get back on here tomorrow (Saturday) night, but if not, then defintely Sunday at the latest.

My original post was in a this thread (OOC) but I read that my skill check results should be in the IC thread, so I had to post my results fresh there - different thread means new post. And you probably did say [brackets] and my mind read italics - my bad.

Actually, he said both, heheh. Surround it in brackets and put it in italics :)

So let's make sure we have the format correct (Please make sure we are all correct Pathfinder):

Are we posting rolls in this thread or the in game thread? What is the format we should be doing the rolls in?

On the Wild Die.......

Just subtract the next Highest dice from the pool and indicate you rolled a complication with a capitol "C" after the rolled number,

the GMs can then decide to add in a complication if they feel its appropriate, (will not always apply)

On initiative.........

No, no rolling for initiative, your initiative is dictated by your posting order, you post first, you act first,

On Framing your rolled results in IC posts........

Your rolled results are posted in a separate paragraph "in italics and brackets" at the bottom of the page, after your main IC post

IE

"Blah Blah Blah..."

[i Rolled Blaster to shoot stormtrooper A, 33C]

And I will be applying the extra points beyond that needed to make a roll to your damage total,

IE

You need a 15 to hit, and you roll a 20, you get +5 to your damage

(I'm assuming you mean 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock, as 8 would be behind me on my left, heheh)

Both ships are 45 degrees off of straight ahead, one to the right and one to the left (starboard and port). If you look at a clock face on (not laying down) one is "high" at 2 o'clock and the other is "low" at 8 o'clock. Don't view it as 12 o'clock being the nose of your ship. View it as 12 o'clock being directly straight up, 6 o'clock being directly straight down.

Make sense?

Ahh, I'd been taught that the clock numbers are the horizontal reference and high and low were the vertical off that reference (are they above or below my altitude). So, they are actually at 12 o'clock with one high and the other low (straight off the bow, but up and down from that angle).

"Check Six

Visual observation of the rear quadrant, from which most air-to-air attacks can be expected. Refers to the clock system of scanning the envelope around the aircraft; 12 o’clock is straight ahead, 6 o’clock is directly astern. Also a common salutation and greeting among tactical pilots. Keep an eye on your behind, be careful."

http://www.tailhook.org/AVSLANG.htm

Yes, most times what you have heard is correct. I was just describing it as pathfinderap had mentioned it, since I understood what he was driving at.

Using the clock works in some regards, but once you get into 3 dimensions there really needs to be degrees to resolve any confusion. So you'd have one bogey at 45 degrees, Z+ 75 and the other would be at 315 degrees Z-160. Or something like that. Needless to say, a bit more complex than what we need or are going for.

:)

Yes, most times what you have heard is correct. I was just describing it as pathfinderap had mentioned it, since I understood what he was driving at.

Using the clock works in some regards, but once you get into 3 dimensions there really needs to be degrees to resolve any confusion. So you'd have one bogey at 45 degrees, Z+ 75 and the other would be at 315 degrees Z-160. Or something like that. Needless to say, a bit more complex than what we need or are going for.

Using the clock works fine in 3D if you're trying to help someone get a general area to search with the Eyeball Mk I for a target. The reference system was used so that bomber gunners could all tell each other where targets were without each gunner needing to know which one was speaking. Even with Artificial Gravity most ships would still have a major longitudinal axis with a horizontal sweep for everyone to reference for the clock, then high/low fills in the cylindrical search frame, heheh.

24 on 4D+2 is well above average, heheh.

Well, considering I'm rolling 5D+2 for the specialization and adding the 2d for the weapons Fire Control for a total of 7D+2, 24 kinda sucks! :P

I can only hope it gets better, or we might be space dust...

Both ships are 45 degrees off of straight ahead, one to the right and one to the left (starboard and port). If you look at a clock face on (not laying down) one is "high" at 2 o'clock and the other is "low" at 8 o'clock. Don't view it as 12 o'clock being the nose of your ship. View it as 12 o'clock being directly straight up, 6 o'clock being directly straight down.

Make sense?

Cheers Grim,

Yeah I needed a quick idea of how to represent their location within a 3D space, its seemed logical to use this as a frame,

I was going to do just that, (its the way its done in Star Trek, in fact thats how you fly a ship) but thought it needlessly complex,

See my post on the IC thread. I think other players still have a chance to act before it is the next round, so I'm sorry if the declaration was too early. If so, I'm just telling you in advance.

And does the 2 turns in range comment mean we have no chance to outrun them? The pilot can't try movement actions to increase distance until we lose them or we jump to hysperspace?

See my post on the IC thread. I think other players still have a chance to act before it is the next round, so I'm sorry if the declaration was too early. If so, I'm just telling you in advance.

And does the 2 turns in range comment mean we have no chance to outrun them? The pilot can't try movement actions to increase distance until we lose them or we jump to hysperspace?

I make no assumptions on the part of your choices,

just that currently as things stand (ie you keep flying in the same direction etc) you will have 2 turns before they can start taking pot shots at you ;)

And yes, I'll be waiting for the other players to react, (but if you take too long I'll take it you had a brain stall, and will lose one turn)

Is it safe to assume that if Thannis' sensors have picked them up then our weapons systems do to?

Not at this range, Thannis pulled his mumbo jumbo mojo out on his use of the sensors only,

OK, well I guess Nex is just waiting to get either of those reported bogeys on his targeting computer so he can then fire. I understand if them not appearing as targets yet means that Nex cannot "prepare" before shooting (gaining the bonus 1D to the roll).

Your weapons have a max range of 25, my sensors in Search mode go out to 80 space units... probably less due to jamming, but enough, heheh.

Sign in to follow this