D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

OOC [game over]

Heh, we got two gunners... So I'm back up to the bridge to do the sensors :)

Kev is probably in the normal blasters (with his 5D+2) while Nex should be heading towards the ion guns (4D gunnery)

Quick basic rules

Next is open for voting

Rolling the dice,

GM's rolling Vs the Honour system

Which would people prefer?

(Honour system saves us time, while the GM rolling gives everyone a sense of security)

Well, I'd vote for roll our own... but I guess that would require me to have mine handy when I post a reply, heheh.

I assumed that the GMs would be doing all the dice rolling. But it doesn't matter to me and I'll roll them if you want me to. I have honor if the honor system is used. It is just a game, and sometimes not making the rolls leads to more fun. You gotta have failures for the successes to have any meaning.

I guess the adventure has begun and I need to read the in-character thread....

Corporate intrigue. In media res. cool!

I posted my declaration of action over on the IC thread. This is my first PBP game so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I will not get offended.

Also, I have been working with my "house" version of the game for so long. Some of my mechanics are a little different. If I ever do get the rules wrong, that is probably why. I'll try my best to keep in mind the rules as presented in the R&E book. If I accidently revert to my version of the game, please correct me!

Heheh, you realize that we have the same Starship Gunnery skill (mine is the default for attribute), but I have the better cockpit skills? :)

I thought you were only supposed to add one or 2 dice to a specific skill starting off. But yes, you have a better piloting skill.

I thought you were only supposed to add one or 2 dice to a specific skill starting off. But yes, you have a better piloting skill.

1D got me 2D for most of my MECH skills (the joy of being a Duros) and then we were given more dice after we created the base version and were supposed to spend our 5 starting CPs as Pathfinder gave us 5 more... Unless I misunderstood what was being said by Pathfinder...

All Characters can add a further 4D to skills to reflect the fact you are Experts and Vets (Smuggles and Pirates gone straight)

And spend all the CP's you have now,

I will give out More CP's due to any (secret or not) interesting background details you give me or Grim, PM them only please

You can have an extra CP if you find a picture for your character

But don't worry you should all start with the min of 5 CP's (free this time, due to the lethal combat)

And needless to say a single force point,

Once you are happy with your character go post them in the Character Sheet Thread

I'm up for letting the GMs roll, but I can roll my own too.

I forgot, does the cockpit have a pilot and co-pilot seat or only one seat?

Standard YT-1300 configuration has four seats in the cockpit, Pilot, co-pilot with another pair behind them, as seen here:

pressureok4.jpg

One would assume that the other pair of seats would be used for navigation/comms and sensors/shields or something like that.

Well, Han and Chewie operate the Falcon by themselves prior to Ep IV, so I assume that the pilot and co-pilot should have nav/comm and sensors/shields in their reach. I'm guessing you need at least both in the cockpit to do all of them (much like an F-14 needs the WSO in the backseat to fully operate the radar/weapons and be flown).

Also, I have been working with my "house" version of the game for so long. Some of my mechanics are a little different. If I ever do get the rules wrong, that is probably why. I'll try my best to keep in mind the rules as presented in the R&E book. If I accidently revert to my version of the game, please correct me!

LOL, thought I was the only one, I totally sympathize, I have the very same problem, House ruled system I'm so use to, I know without thinking, and now I have to reset for the game (not as easy as it sounds)

Don't worry,

I'm up for letting the GMs roll, but I can roll my own too.

Standard YT-1300 configuration has four seats in the cockpit, Pilot, co-pilot with another pair behind them, as seen here:

pressureok4.jpg

One would assume that the other pair of seats would be used for navigation/comms and sensors/shields or something like that.

Yep, thats the one, Sensors station at one of the back seats, pilot and co pilot/ nav up front, (I expect the last seat would cover Engineering, like on many large planes)

I found my dice and I will print off my character sheet and ship stats. pathfinder, I assume we just tell you when we roll a 1 on the wild die so you can determine which "1 on the wild die" option you will chose for that roll.

And won't initiative have to be rolled by someone, and then won't we have a declaration/roll first actions order? Even if we are rolling our own actions ourselves, won't you still tell us specifically when to roll here in the OOC thread?

Where do you want us to post the results of our rolls and in what format?

How about posting them in the IC thread in OOC quotes?

Like:

(OOC: Kev's quad blaster roll; Skill 5D+2, +2D Fire Control = Wild Die: 1, total = 27)

Could simplify things with abbreviations for things like:

FC = Fire Control

WD = Wild Die

Also, in the above example, I included the wild die in the total, so unless we do the remove it and highest die, I think it should be included in the total.

Well, a 1 on the wild die can have one of two effects. You keep the total (including the wild die) and get a complication, or you remove the wild die and the highest single other die and then total your result...

Yeah, I know that, but if pathfinder or grimace decide to use both options, I figure that giving the total with the wild die added would still be needed. Of course, we could include the highest die in case they decide to remove it and the 1. That way both options are covered without multiple posts.

As in:

(OOC: Kev's attack roll: Skill 5D+2, FC 2D = WD 1, HD 6, Total = 27)

HD = Highest Die of course

That way, if they want to do the complications thing, they have the total roll, and if they do the removal thing, it's simple subtraction. (27 - 1 - 6 = 20)

Actually there are 3 possible outcomes of rolling a 1 on the wild die, according to R&E: subtract the 1 and the highest die roll, add up the roll normally but a complication occurs, or add up the roll normally and a complication does not occur. Jamfke, I understand why you broke it down, because you rolled a 1 on the wild die. But if we are using honor system, I wouldn't think we would need to explain where you got all of your dice from (FC + skill). Maybe I'm wrong and we should do that, so somone can catch an error (it was a higher FC, or don't forget you're wounded, mulltiple action penalty, etc.).

Question: do we declare and roll our first actions in any order, and then the GM determines which order they take place in? I think the R&E rule book states the player with the the highest PER rolls an initiative check for his side per encounter, and then the PC-side has a pre-established declaration/roll first action order that is static per adventure. Do I have it wrong?

I'm not debating rules. I'm just confused. Maybe there are standards to PBP games I am not familar with. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it.

Actually there are 3 possible outcomes of rolling a 1 on the wild die, according to R&E: subtract the 1 and the highest die roll, add up the roll normally but a complication occurs, or add up the roll normally and a complication does not occur. Jamfke, I understand why you broke it down, because you rolled a 1 on the wild die. But if we are using honor system, I wouldn't think we would need to explain where you got all of your dice from (FC + skill). Maybe I'm wrong and we should do that, so somone can catch an error (it was a higher FC, or don't forget you're wounded, mulltiple action penalty, etc.).

Question: do we declare and roll our first actions in any order, and then the GM determines which order they take place in? I think the R&E rule book states the player with the the highest PER rolls an initiative check for his side per encounter, and then the PC-side has a pre-established declaration/roll first action order that is static per adventure. Do I have it wrong?

I'm not debating rules. I'm just confused. Maybe there are standards to PBP games I am not familar with. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it.

Yeah, I see what you mean, no need to break down where the dice came from. I'm used to the players inserting their skill dice in their posts for me to roll. So, just list Wile Die if it's a 1 or a 6, maybe Highest Die, and then the total? (This is why I like having the GMs do the rolling, no confusion! :D )

Initiative is another good one. I say let the GMs determine that. It would run a bit smoother that way.

I can't speak for what pathfinderap had in mind, but this is how I would suggest doing it:

If, during the description of what is happening, the GMs (us) ask for an initiative roll because we know combat is going to start, that is when you roll your PER to determine initiative. If there isn't a request for those rolls, just assume that we've determined the order that people are going to act in based on the situation. In the case of the opening action, the bad guys have already acted, you were asked to make rolls for your actions. We know when you'll be acting.

If, during your description of what you're going to do, you know that you're going to need to make a skill check (shooting a blaster, dodging a shot, etc.) include a die roll number for that particular skill check. If you're going to do more than one action, apply the multiple action penalty and make all the rolls for the actions you intend to take.

When you make the roll, for simplicity sake, let's go with the 1 on the Wild Die simply removing the Wild Die and the highest other dice rolled. That way there won't have to be a lot of questions and special calculating done by us every time you make a note that a 1 is rolled. Still... make a mention when you roll a 1, so we know why a total might be way lower than expected and so, if we choose, we can throw in a complication. Likewise, if you roll a 6 on the Wild Die, make a note of that as well, so we're not questioning why you got 35 on 3D+2.

Of course, if you have something else in mind for a 1 on the Wild Die, pathfinderap, feel free to mention it. But for simplicity sake on how to handle the die rolls, its usually "declare the action - provide a roll number". That gives the GM stuff to work off of right away and doesn't slow the game down much.

Mkay, I'll add my roll as an OOC in my IC post then. I'll just use the one I rolled for my example above.

You guys handling damage rolls?

Sign in to follow this