D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

OOC [game over]

I like it. It has a passenger capacity of 6, not too cramped. I'm cool either way though. Just ready to get into some action.

The 2400 is a newer ship. The 1300 has been around for some time, but it's one of the best versions available, according to the books. I like the 2400 for its look though, not much else.

Pathfinder: I finally posted my character (sorry for the delay). As well I changed the Forum to Star Wars D6 PBP- Talkes of the Rampant Runner.

Hope that's ok.

Yeah :D

The 2400 is very small, much smaller than the 1300, But to quote the Star Wars Wiki

"The look of Outrider was designed by Doug Chiang, who also worked on the designs for the Star Wars prequel trilogy films"

Outrider_guns_btm.jpg

Outrid%7E2_lg.jpg

But the only one seen in the movies are the un modified version, (Im not even sure the modified versions are canon)

True. I wasn't quoting movie-canon. I was refering to info from the D6 RPG about YT-1300s.

Flipping the ship makes it slightly different from the one in the movies, which is all I was suggesting. But I think having distintive markings would be an disadvantage that the in-universe character wouldn't want. And not only if go illegitimate (which I as a player hope we do). Even legitimate shippers might not want their ship instantly recognizable to pirates and thieves. I'd rather have a ship that looks exactly like the Falcon than one with distinctive paint job.

I think that my character would realistically recommend that the color design go, and not be comfortable working as a crew member in a ship with such a design. My character thinks that people may be out to get him and he would want to blend in with the masses. Also, my character is an expert at creating false identities, and can even forge false ship registrations. When we do have to pose as someone else down the road, the paint job could be a sure clue that this ship is really another ship. If we are not going to go to the same system twice then maybe that won't matter. But if we are, then I recommend one of the tops ones of the 6 that just had a few sections here and there blue or red, not really that distintive of a pattern.

But like I said, me a player, I don't really care. If you guys want a ship with a distinctive paint job, then that could just fuel my character's paranoia, which is a big part of my character's personality anyway. And maybe we as players want the ship to look distinctive to possibly attract more danger, which can equal more fun.

All just food for thought. I'm truly just happy to play.

I have no problem with either ship. Question is: Would she still owe the same amount or more to crimelords for the ship? With the YT-1300 she owes $25,000 would that change if she had the never version?

I have no problem with either ship. Question is: Would she still owe the same amount or more to crimelords for the ship? With the YT-1300 she owes $25,000 would that change if she had the never version?

Nope you don't owe anything on this, either ship, ;)

You a free

Nope you don't owe anything on this, either ship, ;)

You a free

Oh, so she did enough to get it paid off? Cool.

its a tough call which one to pick, because I like them both. I would like the players to help me decide.

Which one should we go for?

I like textures 3 and 6 (with 3 being my preference of the two) and think we should just keep the cockpit on the starboard side of the vessel. No reason to change that just because the Falcon has it there also...

Another vessel to consider if cargo transport is going to be our main concern would be the HT-2200

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/HT-2200_medium_freighter

4 Cargo areas in the arms that are individually controllable for various gravities and atmospheres. Probably not as maneuverable...

Alright, sounds like we've got our crew, our ship (YT-1300) and its colorful design (#3 seems the most popular amongst us players) and our GMs... Only thing missing is getting the game started and some general guidelines on posting requirements, heheh.

Alright, sounds like we've got our crew, our ship (YT-1300) and its colorful design (#3 seems the most popular amongst us players) and our GMs... Only thing missing is getting the game started and some general guidelines on posting requirements, heheh.

Yes, totally. I am ready to get going.

I'm back from my trip to Cleveland. I received and replied to a PM from pathfinder, and I updated my character sheet on the character sheet thread.

I guess I'm ready too. Just tell me how this works and what to do! :)

Oh, and I told the GM, but I don't think I mentioned to the group that my avatar is the pic of my character. You can call him "Nex"

Okay we are running with the YT-1300 (version 3, I'll update the picture when I have more time)

(and if you are worried about being ID'ed by you paint job (which is a valid concern) you can always srub the paint)

Agreed?

*holds up bag of peanuts*

Which way to the peanut gallery?

What? dude, this thread is for the players (hence the OOC)

You can't just barge in here posting man, its disrespectful,

you want to post?, join the game,

Somebody please show the crazy gentleman to the door.....

GG, your

"Objectives: To pay off the crime boss she borrowed the money from to buy The Rampant Runner"

Your ship is free remember ;)

(You'll have plenty of other problems lol)

GG, your

"Objectives: To pay off the crime boss she borrowed the money from to buy The Rampant Runner"

Your ship is free remember ;)

(You'll have plenty of other problems lol)

Right, I posted the character prior to finding that out so I will go back and correct that.

She clicks a few buttons and raises the shield "Thannis, I need you to man the cannon. Whoever he is he wants what we have very badly".

Heheh, you realize that we have the same Starship Gunnery skill (mine is the default for attribute), but I have the better cockpit skills? :)

I guess I'm ready too. Just tell me how this works and what to do! :)

Its easy, you can press any button here, just not that one, never press the red button, well unless....(trumatic flashback) .no, no, the less said about the red button the better,

Don't worry, if you break anything, blame it on the monkeys (yes there are always monkeys)

Quick basic rules

Don't worry about word count (I know some do)

its far better to be brief and to the point but post often

If you think you can't make it for what ever reason, tell me or Grim,

if you can't post within 24 hours (48 for the weekends) we will run your characters as NPC's

You will need to modifie you character sheets to reflect your current status

(wounded etc) so please keep them up to date

Next is open for voting

Rolling the dice,

GM's rolling Vs the Honour system

Which would people prefer?

(Honour system saves us time, while the GM rolling gives everyone a sense of security)

Sign in to follow this