D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

OOC [game over]

Nex quietly exclaims, "That dirty guy in the grey is calling the building about us, and I don't like the looks of that speeder, but maybe Nadia's in it! Let's get out of the street, duck into the alley and see where the speeder goes!"

Nex starts tries to balance walking briskly without looking too much more supsicious, not waiting to see if his shipmates will follow.

"I totally agree" Kellan says, as she follows Nex getting out of the street and hopefully whoever else is in the group follows suite.

Yep, but if I don't hear from him by later today, I'll just assume he's going to tag along and keep the game moving.

So we are waiting for Cryonic in the IC thread?

Sorry Grimace if Nex surrendering threw you for a loop. You said there were no doors or windows in the alley. I thought that the two guys behind us about to shoot made the odds much worse for us, and Nex already spent his Force Point in this adventure (saving the life of Thannis). And all we know is that Nadia is in this building we're beside, somewhere. I thought that surrendering would give us a chance of being reunited with Nadia, while not surrendering would give us a better chance of being dead. Besides, Nex is no gun bunny and he knows it. As an outlaw he's been a few firefights, but people in front and behind, sandwiching us into an alley with no escape and no specific idea where Nadia really is, I figured this was the course of action that gave us the best shot of succeeding with this job.

Nothing should be a given for the players, but I assume that you are not trying to doom us to failure. But this game has already lost our primary GM and two players. So maybe we could just move this adventure forward to the climax, perhaps a revised climax? Maybe Kev or even Nadia herself do something? Maybe Thannis has a couple grenades we don't know about? GG and I are a part of other pbp games here now, and I think we'd all just like to finish this one...

...this game has already lost our primary GM and two players...GG and I are a part of other pbp games here now, and I think we'd all just like to finish this one...

Grimace was always just filling in for pathfinderap who's abandoned it. Two other players have also left the game and the board, so their PCs are now gamemaster characters (in addition to the droid and Nadia who always were GCs). We are left with a site staff member running all the GCs in a game for two other staff players.

Sure, I'm disappointed to not even finish this one first adventure, but the game has fallen apart. We could just let this game end.

And then there was my character, who was captured while trying to take on the slavers by himself, and had hoped that the other players would track Nadia's comm, which he found and pocketed after the slavers threw it away. He never even got to introduce himself.

And then there was my character, who was captured while trying to take on the slavers by himself, and had hoped that the other players would track Nadia's comm, which he found and pocketed after the slavers threw it away. He never even got to introduce himself.

Yeah, bummer. I would have really rather we had found your character instead of Nadia.

I'll put it to the players for whether they want to continue. Following along a storyline I didn't really create and trying to keep things going with a shrinking group of players isn't helping my enthusiasm for the game. Yes, I know there's also Catstacker who is involved (though not with the group yet), so your input is requested as well with this.

Are you guys happy with your characters? Are you happy with the storyline? Do you really want to keep going? Let me know.

I like my character, but the story seems bogged down, and I'm sure that you'd rather GM your own story rather than someone else's. Considering my character's situation right now, he'd rather be drinking Gizer ale in a wretched hive of scum & villany somewhere, reminiscing about the time that they tried to rescue Nadia from her own foolishness.

Grimace can speak for himself, but I don't think Grimace ever desired to run his own Star Wars game here in the first place. He was merely back-up for another GM that left the site. I don't expect him to just step in for pathfinder long term. This campaign was pathfinder's idea and desire, not his.

Yeah, I hate to be a stick in the mud, but my enthusiasm for this never really took off. I tried to keep it going until pathfinder came back but then he up and quit leaving me holding the bag. A bag I didn't create.

So, since I've only been keeping this on life support, I think I'm going to pull the plug. Apologies to the three of you. If I get the urge to kick out a game of my own design, and if you three are interested, I'll take you back as players. But this one just isn't hittin' my buttons.

And rather than leaving you all hanging, I'll post an epilouge.

It was a lot of fun. It's ok anyhow as I am getting involved in a couple of other games.

I will do something with the forum (if not get rid of it altogether)

The attempt to save Thannis failed, interrupted by the untimely arrival of the bosses of the thugs. As the two heroes made a hasty retreat, chased by blaster bolts from the thugs, they were picked up by a terribly flown Rampant Runner, piloted by Kev and the droid.

Tracking the comlink signal the group travelled off-world and managed to eventually track down the source...which turned out to be another alien by the name of Dugong. He explains that he had seen a girl, who you're certain was Nadia, get kidnapped and tracked her to the warehouse where he was eventually captured. He was purchased by slavers, whom Kellan and Nex freed him from, and had lost track of the girl when they were seperated on the planet Gerssa IV. He assured you, though, that he was quite skilled in the art of tracking and if he could get to Gerssa IV, he could find out where she was taken.

From there, Dugong ended up teaming up with Kellan, Nex and Kev and the four of them began a trek to find the missing Nadia. It would be a journey that would take them to the Outer Rim, the Core Worlds, and eventually even into the deepest part of the Deep Core.

But that is another story...

...Holding the crew of the Rampart Runner responsible for the disappearance of Nadia Bastra, the Yana Sartori corporation put out high-credit contracts on the crews' lives for as long as Nadia was missing. Yana Sartori corporation also contracted locators to find Nadia and safetly return her home. The crew knew that the only chance to possibly end the bounties on their own lives was to return Nadia safetly themselves.

In the deep core, Kev and his droid mysteriously disappeared, but the droid was later found alone. Then Kellan and Nex began to be haunted by the ghosts of Thannis and Kev, who told them that they held them responsible for their deaths. Mysteriously these apparations never appeared to Dugong and he never could sense their presense, so he began to be worried that some madness had afflicted them. Despite these trials and tribulations, Kellan, Nex and Dugong finally tracked Nadia down only to find that she was the captain of a pirate/slaver fleet based in the deep core!

When the crew confronted her, Nadia surprisingly tried to kill Nex! Kellan heroicly sacrificed her life to save Nex, and Dugong subdued Nadia and tied her up. Nex then pulled a mask off of Nadia's head to discover that she was really Old Man Whithers from the haunted amusement park on Benicar IV! Everyone outside of the core had heard of the incident involving the old man, but seeing the man up close also stirred some vague memory in Nex that he couldn't quite place.

Whithers explained his elaborate fiendish plot to Nex and Dugong. In his youth, Whithers had a good life working various jobs for the amusement park. Even as he grew older during the Clone Wars and the coming of the Empire, these galactic events had no effect on his happy life as manager of the park. But then the Yana Sartori corporation came in and bought the park to make it into their corporate entertainment resort. They fired Whithers and it ruined his life. At first he had tried to scare them away by attempting to make them believe that the amusement park was haunted, but he was discovered and put in prison for a while. Since that day he got out years ago, he has been exacting his revenge.

Refining skills learned in his youth at the amusement park, Whithers became a master of disguise, holotechnology and droid programming. He joined a pirate fleet and manufactured a rise in power within their ranks. The pirates were manipulated to subdue ships rumored to be used by Yana Sartori. Knowing that he wouldn't be able to gain total control of an unruly bunch of scoundrels, he assumed the identity of the crime boss Tabor on the Koradou and set a plot in motion to capture Nadia. The pirates became enamored with Nadia, so Whithers assumed her identity, and soon enough "she" rose through the ranks and took control of the pirate fleet.

Whithers could have ransomed Nadia off for a good payoff, but he wished to ruin the Yana Sartori corporation by causing them to spend countless resources on not only finding her and the crew of the Runner but also dealing with the possible leak of all the sensitive proprietary technical knowledge that Nadia had. Just about all information Nadia had would soon become useless, so Whithers had arranged to sell her to Yana Sartori's main competitor in a calculated final stroke to completely ruin them right before their big breakthrough.

In an attempt to lead the crew of the Runner off track, he had captured Thannis and later Kev, creating holographic doubles of them and reprogramming Kev's droid to project holograms posing as ghosts.

Old Man Whithers added, "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you snooping kids."

At that moment Dugong opened a magneticly sealed door revealing a small room with Nadia, Kev and Thannis, all alive and well! The three mammals all embraced Nex and expressed how happy they were by being rescued. But Nex began to frown and look confused. Then Nex said to Whithers, "You must have had some pretty good forged documents to accomplish all of these assumptions of multiple identities. Who did you get to forge them all?"

Whithers replied, "Funny that you ask. It was one of your bug species. I never got its name, and I can't tell you apart anyway because you all look the same to me. It was based on some outlaw asteroid colony somewhere in the Tapani sector. After I escaped from prison, the authorities got close to capturing me one time so I lead them to believe that I was working with and living in the bug colony. I hear they left no one alive, wiped 'em clean out."

Even the mammals could tell that the insect had a look of pure horror on his face as he drew his blaster. He quietly said, "There was one left alive... Me... I'm the 'bug' who forged identities for you... I could not distinguish all you humans from one another... All of this is whole mess is my fault... And it's my fault my hive is dead... All my friends... My offspring..." Nex looked up at the ceiling and screamed, "NOOOOOO!" Nex looked back into Whither's eyes and said, "I don't deserve to live. But neither do you. We will both pay for the lives of the Oort colony. You first." Nex raised his blaster and pointed it into Whither's face.

But before Nex pulled the trigger, Dugong convinced Nex to not go down the dark path of revenge he was heading on. Kellan had saved Nex's life, and Dugong saved his soul.

In Dugong's native language, he told Nex "Rood run raggy". Nex reached in his bag for a handful of scooby snacks, passed them out to Nadia and his crew, and they all laughed.

Nex, Dugong, Thannis, Kev, Nadia and Whithers all returned to Yana Sartori in time for Nadia to save the company. The Rampart Runner crew was rewarded for saving Nadia and capturing Old Man Whithers. Dugong set off for parts unknown on a quest to find the source of some tree spirit or some such. Thannis became the new captain of the Rampart Runner with Kev as his first mate. They never could completely restore the astromech droid's original programming, and he occasionally had minor glitches where he projected the holographic ghosts of Thannis and Kev, much to their annoyance. Nadia went back to work on several new ideas she had for technologies she dreamed up on her adventure around the galaxy.

Nadia got Nex a job with Yana Sartori as a corporate spy. He excelled at this endeavor for a couple years. Then one day he uncovered that Yana Sartori was secretly supplying the Rebel Alliance...

But that is another story...

Sign in to follow this