D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

OOC [game over]

I'm thinking it is nice and safe and warm in the secret compartment and we have plenty of drinks here... just stay here. She can rescue herself...

Not much. Watching the game, drinking a Bud. Are you guys still hiding in the secret compartment, or are you going to get out and rescue the princess already?

Well I'm already off deactivating the Death Star's tractor beam.

Sorry, been busy.

Question for you on/near the ship... are you planning on rescuing the girl, or do I just assume you don't want to? Doesn't seem like anyone's too keen on finding out where their paycheck went off to. No passenger, no pay, you know. That also means you'll have to foot the bill for that part too.

I said Nex was going to stay with Kev, even though he won't be able to use Ne'x help with the part. I don't want to leave him alone on the ship, even if he's a NPC now. I thought Thannis and Kellan were going to look for the chick.

And Cryonic suggested and alternative plan that we all fly the ship to find her together and pick her up. I'd be ok with flying over her and dropping a rope if she's in a location where that would be possible. Either way, we're likely to draw fire.

No matter what we choose, Nex wants to stay with the ship to guard Kev while he finishes the part installation. So the decision seems to be between Cryonic and GG about how to find the girl.

I would like to at least finish this adventure.

Sorry, been busy.

Question for you on/near the ship... are you planning on rescuing the girl, or do I just assume you don't want to? Doesn't seem like anyone's too keen on finding out where their paycheck went off to. No passenger, no pay, you know. That also means you'll have to foot the bill for that part too.

I'd like to rescue her cause, well, she doesn't deserve what might happen to her in a place like this.

Small problem with combat that just occured... Which system are we using really? 2nd Ed with Die caps? R&E with bonus die? or the latest with actual scale, which leaves me wondering what the scale is for the YT-1300 vs these specific speeders (since the numbers aren't based on naming conventions, just size vs normal human)

I personally prefer die caps, but I realize that most people use the "added dice" method that was introduced in R&E. Since I think pathfinder was doing things via R&E, we'll just use the added dice method for scale differences.

I'd use the value modifier of the new system, but I haven't take the time to figure out the values of scales of things in STar Wars. I could do real ball park figures based on my scale conversion chart, but I don't want to deal with figuring it out right now. So just use the dice method.

Nex fires one shot at the 9 o'clock airspeeder. [pitiful roll and 1 on the wild die, final result = 8]

The guns on the top side of the ship open fire, sending red bolts of blaster fire sailing into the blue sky. The shots unfortunately sail quite high over the incoming craft. The craft responds in kind, sending a pair of yellow bolts sailing in. The shots from the airspeeder are much more accurate, though, striking the forward section of the ship.

Small problem with combat that just occured... Which system are we using really? 2nd Ed with Die caps? R&E with bonus die? or the latest with actual scale, which leaves me wondering what the scale is for the YT-1300 vs these specific speeders (since the numbers aren't based on naming conventions, just size vs normal human)

I realize that most people use the "added dice" method that was introduced in R&E. Since I think pathfinder was doing things via R&E, we'll just use the added dice method for scale differences.

I only rolled fire control plus Nex's Starship Gunnery skill. Grimace, do we have to do Nex's shot over? Or did you take scale into account? Forgive me, I'm tired.

I only rolled fire control plus Nex's Starship Gunnery skill. Grimace, do we have to do Nex's shot over? Or did you take scale into account? Forgive me, I'm tired.

Shooting from the larger craft gives them a bonus on their dodge, which I don't think will affect your roll at all.

That's correct, Cryonic. There would be no change in your roll Whill. The scale difference would only come into play when they dodged your shot. Or if you managed to hit them.

I got an email from Pathfinder and he is alive and well but he had a computer problem (computer virus) and he is just getting things back up and running but should be back around soon (hopefully).

Just thought I would let you know.

I got an email from Pathfinder and he is alive and well but he had a computer problem (computer virus) and he is just getting things back up and running but should be back around soon (hopefully).

Just thought I would let you know.

Thanks for the good news. I was just about to report him as missing. :cool:

We've missed you pathfinder!

Thanks for the good news. I was just about to report him as missing. :cool:

We've missed you pathfinder!

Yep, we have. I was wondering why it took so long for him to reply, but after he told me he had a virus problem and the person who had his restore disks was somewhere else, it made sense.

I've read your posts in the IC thread, but I think Grimace is waiting on pathfinderap to come back to finish the game.

Sorry, things have been a little wonky with me of late. I'll further the adventure, but if pathfinder does happen to show back up, it'll obviously be his prerogative to finish the adventure up. I'm just kinda filling in while he's absent, as it were.

I've read your posts in the IC thread, but I think Grimace is waiting on pathfinderap to come back to finish the game.

Ok, well Pathfinder said he would be back soon. Hopefully he will

Okay I'm BACK, gimmie some time to get back up to speed though, lol

Been busy, I don't want to go in to details, but to cap things off my computer got fired by a virus, (and the person who fix's my computer took a long trip to Australia,) I was hopping it could be reclaimed but Lost all my notes, (and a crap load of other things)

I can see Grimm kept things going (Cheers Grimm ;) )

And as soon as I can catch up on the reading and get my barings its back to go,

Sorry about the long delay, :(

Judging by his last visit, he hasn't been on in over two weeks. With no response by email, I can only assume he's either too busy or he's lost his ability to get online.

OOh good guess on both accounts,

........PathfinderAP steals Grimace's magic 8 ball

Grimace,

I was wondering if you were accepting any more players for the Rampant Runner. I've been playing SW since it came out in 87 and have over 50 of the d6 books for the game. In all my time, I've only ever got to run and have always wanted to play a Minor Jedi, but never had the chance.

Thanks for the time and consideration.

Hey, TC, you can join the game at a later date if you wish (the more the merrier) but in this era there are no Jedi PC's (sorry) but unless more crap happens I will be running more chapters of the Rampant Runners chronicles,

and, there is a good chance of me running a pre clone war Jedi based game at a later date,

I have yet to read all the posts in the IC thread but this chapter is closer to the end than the begining, that does not mean you can't join in though,

If you want to join the crew come up with a non jedi concept and get read to roll :D

Good to see you back pathfinder. I'll send you a PM to get you up to date, as there's other things going on besides the obvious. ;)

Sign in to follow this