D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

OOC [game over]

I've read through all the threads here, and it looks like you've sent a demented astromech droid all by himself to search for the woman you're hoping to get paid to protect.

I hope he's just wandering off to get us a range and direction to her communicator... :)

It was Pathfinder's idea to send Elex off on his mission, so I don't expect that he intends to hijack the little droid, unless he's one of those kind of GMs. Still, we are on a criminally operated wildspace moon, and do you know what you can get for a certified pre-owned astromech on the jawa market?

It was Pathfinder's idea to send Elex off on his mission, so I don't expect that he intends to hijack the little droid, unless he's one of those kind of GMs. Still, we are on a criminally operated wildspace moon, and do you know what you can get for a certified pre-owned astromech on the jawa market?

Well the stuff the droid was doing anyway Kellan could probably handle anyway.

But I am sure a moon like this would have an astromech for sale somewhere

I actually haven't heard from Pathfinder, so I'm not sure. Since he's got Catstacker's character, I can't really progress things during his abscence.

I don't think Pathfinder's been by in a while. I'm itching to post my character sheet, but he hasn't approved it yet. I took 12D in skills for an experienced character, and invented some equipment, but I doubt he'll object, unless he wanted to work in the character as a bit of surprise in the adventure. I think I'm talking myself into posting the character's stats, but leaving out the background that probably won't fit into a single post anyway...

Het Cat, is your guy's species that male singer in Jabba's Palace from the 97 and DVD editions of RotJ? Funny! Aren't they supposed to be from Endor? I can't comment on the species stats right now, but I'll take a look at that sourcebook tonight after work and forward you what it says.

Here's my character pending approval. Since it isn't official yet, by all means feel free to offer advice before it's set in stone. I don't have the SW Trilogy SE Sourcebook, so I was guessing at the stats and special abilities of a Yuzzum who's been around the galaxy a few times.

The SW Trilogy Sourcebook doesn't list any special abilties for this species. It does list their move as 10/12. Your PC's attributes fall within or very close to the ranges specified by the book. Your PC's Height is within the species' size range listed. But it's all up to Pathfinder for approval.

I actually haven't heard from Pathfinder, so I'm not sure. Since he's got Catstacker's character, I can't really progress things during his abscence.

Hopefully he will come back around and restart the game. Grimace, any chance you can PM him or email him and ask him what the status of this game is?

Hep Cat, is your guy's species that male singer in Jabba's Palace from the 97 and DVD editions of RotJ? Funny! Aren't they supposed to be from Endor? I can't comment on the species stats right now, but I'll take a look at that sourcebook tonight after work and forward you what it says.

He's the same species, but a different variety. The Yuzzum in the (annoying, distracting, pointless) musical number from RotJ's special edition is a dwarf of the species, while my character is more like the Yuzzum from the Ewoks cartoon (assuming their blue fur is black rendered for cel animation.) Yes, they're from the forest moon of Endor, but have often been taken abroad to be kept as singing pets. I had an image of the character in my mind, and then spent a few hours searching through the internet and the Star Wars Encyclopedia looking for a creature to match the idea. The Yuzzum fit, and then I thought up a reason for him to be lifted off the moon (during the Clone Wars, he's that old,) and given a general galactic education. I wrote a lengthy background, but Pathfinder may still be reading it and that's why he hasn't been able to post.;)

Here's the first appearance in the (better) original version of RotJ:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Wamlufba.jpg

but bear in mind that this is a dwarf, tan-coloured Muppet Yuzzum,

And here's the link to Yuzzum in Wookiepedia:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yuzzum

Thanks for looking it up in the sourcebook, Whill! I based the special abilities off a fansite (didn't keep the link,) for players of the (superfluous) Saga edition, which doesn't have stats for the Yuzzum. Chris Perkins of WotC said (regarding the cut for the Ultimate Alien Anthology,) "We tried to stay away from silly or confusing aliens (the Yuzzum, for example), but a few silly-willies made the cut purely because that's part of what Star Wars is all about." I have no intention of playing my character silly, but I might confuse Mr. Perkins. It's a part of what I'm all about.:D

I haven't yet. If you can, that would be great, as I'm going to be busy, on top of the busy that I've been for the last couple of days.

I haven't yet. If you can, that would be great, as I'm going to be busy, on top of the busy that I've been for the last couple of days.

Not a problem, I will do it right now

Judging by his last visit, he hasn't been on in over two weeks. With no response by email, I can only assume he's either too busy or he's lost his ability to get online.

So with that in mind, Catstacker can you please email me your character's background. I'll run things in the interim until pathfinder shows back up.

Done, and I added the background to my character sheet also, since I don't think anyone is going to read the whole thing unless they have to, and it's not like I'm revealing any secrets like Jabba's blend of eleven herbs and spices.

Judging by his last visit, he hasn't been on in over two weeks. With no response by email, I can only assume he's either too busy or he's lost his ability to get online.

So with that in mind, Catstacker can you please email me your character's background. I'll run things in the interim until pathfinder shows back up.

I am good with that. I am ready to go and I will be around enough to keep up with the game

For the record, I'll read through the background I got from Catstacker and catch back up on where everyone was and what was happening, and then I'll start things moving again. That'll likely be this weekend.

For the record, I'll read through the background I got from Catstacker and catch back up on where everyone was and what was happening, and then I'll start things moving again. That'll likely be this weekend.

Ok, I am going to try to be around as much as I can, but I am also trying to supervise the move so there will be as little downtime as possiable.

Grimace,

I was wondering if you were accepting any more players for the Rampant Runner. I've been playing SW since it came out in 87 and have over 50 of the d6 books for the game. In all my time, I've only ever got to run and have always wanted to play a Minor Jedi, but never had the chance.

Thanks for the time and consideration.

Welcome to the board, Confessor!

The primary GM of this game has been MIA for about a month now, and one of the original players dropped out a while before that. Grimace was the co-GM who took over to finish the adventure. The main GM had stated a few months ago that after this (initial) adventure was over, he wanted to take a break from this game and come back to it in the future. So I don't know what the long term future of this game is, but it doesn't look good. Also, this game is about smugglers, so I'm not sure how a Jedi would fit in.

Also being a 21 year Strar Wars GM and never a player, I very much sympathize. (OK, I admit got to play a couple adventures in 1989, but they were a couple of my players as first time GMs of any game, so they weren't that good).

Honestly, the idea of play-by-post didn't appeal to me that much, but I had never done it so wanted to give it a shot. This game has been better than I thought it would be. But the individual adventures take so much time that a long-term campaign would be a commitment of several years. We started almost 5 months ago and we're still playing our first adventure.

When I signed on, I wasn't yet a moderator. Plus I've got a baby on the way so later this year my participation in this site will greatly diminish for a while. So after this adventure, I don't think I'll really be able to continue with this campaign myself, even if the original GM returns or Grimace is willing and able to continue running the adventures.

I hope that someone will carry the torch by starting a new Star War D6 game here, but of course they don't have to wait for this one to be over. I truly wish you do get to play a game if you really want to, but be careful what you wish for. The few times I have played, I found myself feeling a great disturbance in the Force, as if I should be on the other side of the GM screen to set the galaxy right again. :cool:

Thanks for the hearty welcome, Whill. I can appreciate the situation and understand the nature of play-by-post gaming. At the moment, I run a D&D 4e Ravenloft game over on RPOL.

Given what you've told me, I understand and will keep my eyes peeled in the future. Also, if anyone is interested in starting a fresh campaign I'd be very, very eager to play. I'd just like to sit in front of the screen for once and not behind it.

Thanks again!

As Whill said, I don't know if a Jedi, minor or not, would really work in this particular adventure. Plus, as he also mentioned, we probably won't go much beyond the scope of this particular adventure (assuming we even finish it, that is). So while I wouldn't mind another body in the game, I don't know for how much longer this will be going. I'm working on getting Catstacker into the game without making it a cheesy character insertion, and once that's done I'm guessing the adventure will likely be a bit past half done (don't quote me on that, though).

So you're welcome to follow the game and hopefully someone else will get the incentive to run another Star Wars game for the people here that you can join in.

And welcome to the site!

Not much. Watching the game, drinking a Bud. Are you guys still hiding in the secret compartment, or are you going to get out and rescue the princess already?

Sign in to follow this