D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

OOC [game over]

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the engine, ya know kind of important?

Dude, lol, an engine purge just flushes the the system clean,

what did you think was going to happen?, you were just going to push a button and the whole engine was going to fall out of the ship, Clang!,

:eek::D

"Purging" the engine is not getting rid of the engine itself. It is getting rid of built up dust and gunk. I thought the idea was to provide a "smoke screen"...

Correct,

but you do realize if you start down this route you will start combat,

is that what you want right now?

If we run into smoke and people shoot at us, they would be the ones starting the combat, not us. I am not aware that we have any bargaining chips to buy off Thannis' debt.

And besides, running into smoke and getting shot at while escaping would make a more exciting climax to this episode. Maybe I'm biased by RotJ and my experience with my own campaigns. No smuggler ever paid off a debt in my games, because paying off a debt is not as fun as having an enemy for a while and then eventually killing him, like the Rebel hereos eventually did with Jabba.

I think with my character's background and personality, Nex's response is an appropriate one for him. But Nex only gave the suggestion to Kev. Everyone else has the option to not follow my advice and do whatever they feel is appropriate. I just wanted to post something to get the ball rolling again because no one else had posted actions (after Thannis' flaskback sequence).

No, what I mean is as soon as the engines start pruging the tense goon will start firing,

as for buying back Thannis I've already said the crime boss would likely take the money and later shoot you in the back, but buying time would help you get in to a better postion

and this isn't the "climax to this episode" by any means (unless you all get yourselves killed)

you are about 75% through this story,

Howdy folks, sorry to have disappeared like that. My wife busted up her knee around Thanksgiving and finally had surgery on it a week before Christmas. I've been catering to her and our little man, the house, and everything else that needed keeping up with, so my time on the puter was very limited. Should have poked my head in and said something sooner, but...I didn't...so sorry. :D

Howdy folks, sorry to have disappeared like that. My wife busted up her knee around Thanksgiving and finally had surgery on it a week before Christmas. I've been catering to her and our little man, the house, and everything else that needed keeping up with, so my time on the puter was very limited. Should have poked my head in and said something sooner, but...I didn't...so sorry.

Dude, if it happens again just tell her to "walk it off" and quit being such a whiner. :D

I totally understand, family stuff comes first.

Howdy folks, sorry to have disappeared like that. My wife busted up her knee around Thanksgiving and finally had surgery on it a week before Christmas. I've been catering to her and our little man, the house, and everything else that needed keeping up with, so my time on the puter was very limited. Should have poked my head in and said something sooner, but...I didn't...so sorry. :D

No, thats much more important than a game,

Don't worry ;)

(The ships ramp opens next round....maybe)

How far are we away from the ramp (that we hope will open soon)?

How far are we away from the ramp (that we hope will open soon)?

You are not that far from the ship, if it was already open you could get to the ramp in a turn or so, its just that its going to take time to lower, the ramp starts next turn, and should finish at the end of that turn,

Cover in the mean time is also about one turn away,

(you could always use the large piece of hardware you just bought on the grav sled for cover)

so which is it? brave the storm? or bolt for cover?

Either way there are two guards with a clean line of sight on the crew aiming, and not panic firing like the rest.....:eek:

But you should be thinking about the next round, you can't get on ship to the end part of that round, and please remember you act only when you post, and only in that order, if someone posts before you can react to something move on, they got there first, you can not post a retro active action before that last post)

Please forgive me path, but this is my first PbP game ever. I'm not sure if this was directed at me, and if so then I guess I still don't understand how these PbP games work. I did not attempt to post any reaction that was retroactive. You already explained earlier in the game that there is no initiative order between players, and it just goes in the order of the posts. That makes sense - got it. But I thought that was per round, which you call a turn. I didn't think that if some players posted actions in a round and some didn't, that we could move on to the next round. And my understanding of the rules is that if doing a full-dodge then you can do nothing else that round. So when I read that Thannis was shooting at someone, that is what made me believe that we had moved on to the next round. At the time of my last post, I had not yet gotten any feeback about the results of my declared actions the turn before Thannis fired, and no one (you, Grim or Jamfke) had posted anything regarding Kev, not even that we had lost sight of him in the smoke during that previous turn.

I am not debating rules in any way. The GM is always supreme. I am just trying to understand how this game works. Please believe me that I was not attempting to post retroactive actions. And if you see any "edits" logged my posts, look at the time. They are usually soon after the post, or at least before anyone else posts, and they are usually just to correct spelling or grammer anyway.

I truly think that this game is as fun as PbP can be. It will never replace live table top gaming in my book, but I can't imagine a PbP being any better than this. I do mean that as a compliment to you all.

It's usually best in a PBP where the order of play goes in the sequence in which people post, that if someone else hasn't posted before you, you're character basically "lost track" of where that character was. Especially in a firefight when you have gas flooding the area, you basically can just assume that your character lost track of where the other people (posting after you) were. It adds a sort of "fog of war" to the whole feeling.

I'm not sure what's up with Jamfke. Obviously something is keeping him from being online. We'll give him to the soft deadline and if he doesn't show up we'll run his character until he gets back. Hopefully it won't be too long and hopefully everything is decent with him and he's just having connection problems or some such.

So until you see myself, pathfinder or jamfke post for his character, just assume that your character has lost track of where his character is. Does that help out or did I miss your general question?

Please forgive me path, but this is my first PbP game ever. I'm not sure if this was directed at me, and if so then I guess I still don't understand how these PbP games work. I did not attempt to post any reaction that was retroactive. You already explained earlier in the game that there is no initiative order between players, and it just goes in the order of the posts. That makes sense - got it.

No this wasn't directed at you YET!!! (:D)

(but I am looking at you GG LOOKING AT YOUZZZZZ)

But I thought that was per round, which you call a turn. I didn't think that if some players posted actions in a round and some didn't, that we could move on to the next round.

Yes, even if they don't post in time things still move forward, the player that didn't post just stalled/paused for thought on the meaning of life, either way you miss your round

And my understanding of the rules is that if doing a full-dodge then you can do nothing else that round. So when I read that Thannis was shooting at someone, that is what made me believe that we had moved on to the next round. At the time of my last post, I had not yet gotten any feeback about the results of my declared actions the turn before Thannis fired, and no one (you, Grim or Jamfke) had posted anything regarding Kev, not even that we had lost sight of him in the smoke during that previous turn.

DO YOU DOUBT MY RULINGZ!!!, DO YOU DOUBT MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE RULEZ!!????

we were trying to hold out as long as possible so Jamfke could have a chance to play his character, but if it holds up play in any way one of the GM's will run with the character to bridge the scene until the player returns,

now due to the gas what Kev did doesn't really matter at the mo, (but will do) don't worry he has not been forgotten,

I am not debating rules in any way. The GM is always supreme. I am just trying to understand how this game works. Please believe me that I was not attempting to post retroactive actions. And if you see any "edits" logged my posts, look at the time. They are usually soon after the post, or at least before anyone else posts, and they are usually just to correct spelling or grammer anyway.

I truly think that this game is as fun as PbP can be. It will never replace live table top gaming in my book, but I can't imagine a PbP being any better than this. I do mean that as a compliment to you all.

That is wise, for it spares you a death moooooost Horrid

:D

I'm not sure what's up with Jamfke. Obviously something is keeping him from being online. We'll give him to the soft deadline and if he doesn't show up we'll run his character until he gets back. Hopefully it won't be too long and hopefully everything is decent with him and he's just having connection problems or some such.

I think he is taking good care of his Wife right now,

It adds a sort of "fog of war" to the whole feeling.

Yes, even if they don't post in time things still move forward, the player that didn't post just stalled/paused for thought on the meaning of life, either way you miss your round

OK. Thanks.

Okay, it seems we have lost two of our players from the game,

"The play is the thing", and "The show must go on"

So I'm giving the game a break for a few days, just to let the dust settle,

and reorientate the games current postion,

The Game will Continue ;)

Hey guys, Pathfinder invited me to play with y'all, and my thanks was sending him a 5000 word yawn for my character's background. I don't know if it's all good for him, or whether he wants my character to remain unknown to yours for now, so I'm not posting my character sheet yet. I'm all revved up to play, though.

I've read through all the threads here, and it looks like you've sent a demented astromech droid all by himself to search for the woman you're hoping to get paid to protect.

Sign in to follow this