D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Astral Empires

Specific Tweaks to Make OpenD6 Space Like SWRPG 1st Edition

Hey there,

A month or two ago we published our first set of OpenD6 materials for Astral Empires: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=91486 Now that we're finishing on our Lightspeed RPG Conversion for OpenD6 I had a couple of questions:

We are wanting to make a couple of simple changes to the rules in order to make the Lightspeed conversion more like 1st Edition Star Wars (which was Lightspeed's original inspiration-it's a long story... :) ) Anyway, what are the simplest ways to do that? I've read some of the threads about "What is different between the original WEG Star Wars RPG and D6 Space" but was wondering what specific tweaks are necessary to recreate the basic "feel" of 1st Edition? At this point we're throwing out the Wild Die, trying to make things more "cinematic" like that first WEG version, but what else do you think would need to be altered in current OpenD6?

BTW.... If you're not familiar with Lightspeed you're in for a treat. Imagine a sci-fi setting where basically all the themes of popular cinematic science fiction are thrust together in a giant homage to the genre. Check it out a review of the original Lightspeed version here: http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10336.phtml Also, OpenD6 Lightspeed will have two eras: the original 2600 AD setting everyone is familiar with and the 2nd Edition era setting Fall of the Rangers which will reboot a few things but also expand the coolness even more (we think, at least ;) ).

Lastly, here are the links for the covers of the two Mongoose Traveller products we just completed, which paves the way for our focus on OpenD6. Yay!: Lightspeed for Mongoose Traveller and Lightspeed: Colonial Ranger Threat Assessment Guide .

Edited by Astral Empires

As a Mongoose Demo Team Member (Mongoose Infantry) who has for decades been a fan of Traveller (and run it at conventions)... AND who just took advantatage of the DTRPG sale to get all three Astral Empires PDFs.. I'd love to help with this project. Traveller is a deep love of mine, my system of choice (I'm still new to OD6 but learning) And I would love to be a part of anything that is related to Traveller and/or OD6!