janus methedor

Syria Sector- Keys to Darkness (OOC)

35 posts in this topic

So is the gmae set in days of the Old Republic as the thread title indicates? How many dice do I build him off of. Also what edition are you using?

Edited by dreadpiratepaul

Second Edition Revised with draws from other D6 Sources, like Disadvantages and Advantages. The details may be found in "House Rules and Extra Stuff". To be more precise on the time it's the last years of the Exar Kun Sith War and blaster technology is rare, *3 price with slugthrowers and pulse wave weapons being more common. The location information can be fount in Syria Sector and Factions. Additionally I'm merging the Parries and using the Martial Arts Expanded (download link- http://www.mediafire.com/?8r5tx2gmmyx) and a Lightsaber Form rule set similar to martial Arts. A background explanation will be needed for some Martial Arts, like Shadow Hand. Some Maneuvers will require a teacher or someone to train with.

The Character creation limits are usually (race dependent) 18D Attributes and 7D skills, disadvantages will ether get you more dice or allow you to buy Advantages of equivalent level. Allies and Enemies are gained through background and play, they are not worth disad/adv points.

Have fun :)

Any racial restrictions? Are Droids allowed as PC's? (just wondering because I haven't decided on a race yet.)

The racial restrictions are only those based on the time period and even then with a good background can be circumvented. For Example Barabels haven't been discovered by the republic yet, however there are independent people and unsavory organizations around the area so it is not outside the realm of possibility that maybe a ship landed and took on a native as a slave or stowaway.

In terms of droids, yes it's possible to be a droid character, though other beings might not acknowledge your sentience.

Cool jsut looking at my options. Might take a while to come up with something since I am only used to the core Star Wars rules and hav eto dig into the updated D6 rules. (downloaded the books but haven't had much time to delve to deeply into then). Will look through races and such to at least pin down what I want to play.

Ok looking to go with a Tunroth Bounty Hunter. he will be relatively new to the business and is employed by an low level Bonds man that sends jobs his way peroidically. Can we assume his planet and people in this time period are relatively new to the galactic community. He was the best hunter in his tribe and decided to branch out to a wider hunting ground once his planet was invaded by the Iotran. He was able to "Convince" some smugglers taking refugee on his planet take him off world where he started hiring himself out as a Bodyguard/Merc/Bounty Hunter. He has mostly melee and primative weapons skills (updated with Vibro and the like) but has some skill in Pulse Weapons. Let me know what you think

Thanks :) Finals for my term have taken up a bit of my time I'll definitely have time Tuesday to go over every thing. From my skim though it looks good. Sorry for the wait.

Hey Janus! Still around too, ready to continue with the game when you are ready. Just drop me a message.