D6 Online 3.0
hereticalee

Whats the Status?

Hello all!

I know that when I first started reading over these forums, there were alot of dreams and ambitions for where to go with the system, settings, and the like. Are people moving forward on their plans?

While I didn't have any steadfast plans to create anything, things have taken a good direction for me. I've put out Magic and Miracles for OpenD6 and I'm working on another project to go along with it. So you could say that things are going BETTER for me than I expected. Am I moving forward? You betcha! :)

Having helped Grimace with his projects, I too am getting back to work on some projects of my own that have been languishing for a couple of years now. One is a supplement for use in just about any type of OpenD6 game, mostly for those revolving around WWII, called Air Power WWII. I haven't had a lot of time, of late, to work on it (sorry rerun), but I plan to pick up the reins on it again real soon. Another project is an introductory adventure in the western genre titled Tales of the West, Ambush at Bloodstone Pass. I hope to have this one buttoned up fairly soon.

Having helped Grimace with his projects, I too am getting back to work on some projects of my own that have been languishing for a couple of years now. One is a supplement for use in just about any type of OpenD6 game, mostly for those revolving around WWII, called Air Power WWII. I haven't had a lot of time, of late, to work on it (sorry rerun), but I plan to pick up the reins on it again real soon. Another project is an introductory adventure in the western genre titled Tales of the West, Ambush at Bloodstone Pass. I hope to have this one buttoned up fairly soon.

No worries, Jamfke. I just started my new job yesterday, so I'm still getting settled.

While I didn't have any steadfast plans to create anything, things have taken a good direction for me. I've put out Magic and Miracles for OpenD6 and I'm working on another project to go along with it. So you could say that things are going BETTER for me than I expected. Am I moving forward? You betcha! :)

Just out of interest, are you planning on doing this through drivethru's Print on Demand service - or is the cost just too much?

edit: the reviewer on drivethru says it's not intended for using wound damage. Is it easy enough to convert?

Edited by Cowboy Hat

Just out of interest, are you planning on doing this through drivethru's Print on Demand service - or is the cost just too much?

edit: the reviewer on drivethru says it's not intended for using wound damage. Is it easy enough to convert?

The cost isn't the issue on the print edition, it's my having time to get the files ready for print. I'm in the process of doing this, and it will be available very soon, so keep an eye out! :D

The cost isn't the issue on the print edition, it's my having time to get the files ready for print. I'm in the process of doing this, and it will be available very soon, so keep an eye out! :D

Also cool - but meant for Grimace ;P

Just responding as the publisher who is responsible for setting up the print issue on DriveThru/RPGNow. No worries.

no worries!

can you answer this bit then ;)

Basically, I'll say what Jamfke said. There will eventually be a POD for this.

As for the body point/health points to wound levels, it works either way. The Health Points I use are a combination of Body points and Wound levels. After X loss of points, you suffer -1D to your skills, just as if you were wounded. X more and you're now at -2D or "wounded twice". If you simply want to use this in a game that only uses Wound Levels, just resolve things like you normally would. The spell that was mentioned doing only 1D in the review is for a magic user with only 1D in Magic. You get a magic user with 3D or 4D in Magic and they'll be doing more damage, as the damage goes up by +2 pips per D in Magic. So a magic user with Magic of 4D casting Flaming Fan would do 1D+6 damage (or 3D if you tranfer the pips to dice).

If you utlize Wound Levels only, the effects may be a bit more deadly in the long run, as once you're Wounded, any other damage is going to bump you to Wounded Twice at the minimum and possibly a lot worse.

Does that answer your question?

Yeah, Grimace covered the question. Basically, the Wounds system and Body Points go hand in hand. If you look in any of the core books you'll find the conversion charts for Wounds to Body Points, so you can mix them together, or just use one or the other.

In answer to this thread's question:

We have already published the first three Astral Empires OpenD6 books (available here as a bundle: http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=91486&filters=0_0_0_10020 ) and now that I just sent off the files for the Lightspeed conversion for Mongoose Traveller I'm planning to finish the Lightspeed OpenD6 book. Also, we're done with an epic fantasy game powered by OpenD6 (entitled "Terra Generis") with sort of a LOTR meets The Wheel of Time meets Sword of Shannara feel so that should be published soon. Also, the skirmish game Astral Empires: Alpha Marines is written but just needs final editing (it uses the OGL version of the old WEG Star Wars skirmish rules). Lastly, our nostalgia superhero game Megaheroes of the Roaring 80s is based on OpenD6 superhero and adventure elements, along with our zombie western Sundown: Tales of the Zombie West. So, yeah, we're trying to give OpenD6 a good workout! :)

...now that I just sent off the files for the Lightspeed conversion for Mongoose Traveller I'm planning to finish the Lightspeed OpenD6 book.

Yipee!