D6 Online 3.0
Cowboy Hat

D6 Powers Revised Question

I was reading somewhere that the D6 Powers Revised and Expanded book came with a free PDF - or at least it was being offered. However, whatever thread I read that in was a while ago.

I think that the postage for the book from the publisher to the UK would be quite a lot although I know that I can buy the book from a store over here. I was wondering if anyone knows if the free PDF was a limited time thing, or if there's some sort of code on the book etc?

I really would like a copy of the pdf and the book but can't afford to shell out for both just now...mainly as I've just managed to pick up all the other D6 books..

If I remember correctly, the PDF was included if you purchased the book. It was a limited time offer thing that came up. There wasn't any sort of "free" PDF just commonly available.

Right now, on the RPGNow website, the D6 Powers Revised and Expanded PDF is on sale from Khepera Publishing for only $19.99! Again, I believe this is a limited time offer, as the normal PDF price is normally listed at 30.95.

While D6 Power R&E is a very good book for D6 Super Powers, I just wanted to make sure you understood that D6 Powers is NOT released under the OpenD6 OGL. No aspect of it is open source! So if you're getting it to get ideas for some future product you intend to make, you're getting it for the wrong reasons. If you're just getting it to have a good source of D6 super powers that you can use in your games, then it's a great item to pick up!

If you just want it for the sake of having it, I would suggest taking advantage of the sale that is going on with the PDF version right now and picked it up for a sawbuck (sorry, I don't know the conversion of a sawbuck into Pounds).

If I remember correctly, the PDF was included if you purchased the book. It was a limited time offer thing that came up. There wasn't any sort of "free" PDF just commonly available.

Right now, on the RPGNow website, the D6 Powers Revised and Expanded PDF is on sale from Khepera Publishing for only $19.99! Again, I believe this is a limited time offer, as the normal PDF price is normally listed at 30.95.

While D6 Power R&E is a very good book for D6 Super Powers, I just wanted to make sure you understood that D6 Powers is NOT released under the OpenD6 OGL. No aspect of it is open source! So if you're getting it to get ideas for some future product you intend to make, you're getting it for the wrong reasons. If you're just getting it to have a good source of D6 super powers that you can use in your games, then it's a great item to pick up!

If you just want it for the sake of having it, I would suggest taking advantage of the sale that is going on with the PDF version right now and picked it up for a sawbuck (sorry, I don't know the conversion of a sawbuck into Pounds).

Thanks, and no I'm not planning on using it for writing a game, I'm just a bit of a completist and love D6.

However, although I like pdf's I wouldn't spend 20 bux on one. I'd rather buy the book without the pdf (even going at 20, that's far more than I'm prepared to pay for a pdf, especially if it was going free with the book - even if that was only offered for a limited time).

That probably seems really complainy, I don't mean to - it's just that I picked up D6 Adventure in hardback for cheaper than the super pdf is going for on sale. Perhaps if they go down the POD that drivethru is doing now then I might pick up a bundle at some point.

Cowboy

The deal you’re talking about is at through IPR. But since I’m allowing the book to go out of print the only access to the PDF book is through RPGnow and Drivethru RPG.

If you buy the book (doesn’t matter where) I’ll send you a PDF

Shoot me an email or PM

Thanks for the interest

While D6 Power R&E is a very good book for D6 Super Powers, I just wanted to make sure you understood that D6 Powers is NOT released under the OpenD6 OGL. No aspect of it is open source!

I think this is a well-placed and well-timed reminder about D6 Powers not being OGL.

So if you're getting it to get ideas for some future product you intend to make, you're getting it for the wrong reasons.

I think I understand your point, but I don't quite agree with the wording on that statement. It is possible to "get ideas" from something for a future product you intend to make without necessarily violating copyright. Getting ideas and copying text without permisison are two different things. George Lucas didn't get sued for using a lot of ideas he got from Lord of the Rings and Dune in Star Wars.

Cowboy

The deal you’re talking about is at through IPR. But since I’m allowing the book to go out of print the only access to the PDF book is through RPGnow and Drivethru RPG.

If you buy the book (doesn’t matter where) I’ll send you a PDF

Shoot me an email or PM

Thanks for the interest

That's very kind - however if the pdf is on sale and the moment and your allowing your book to go out of print is this an indication that a new edition is in the works?

Yes

I’m allowing the book to go out of print so there isn’t any conflicts with the new book that will power Terra Oblivion and GODSEND agenda.

The new books are a long way off so the offer still stands

I realize they are a long way off, but I'm assuming this means that GA will be published in a 3rd edition? Or will you just have a conversion system to use the old stuff? Or both?

The idea is to do a new slicker version incorporating everything I’ve experience since I started publishing. It will be a slicker and sleeker book using cards similar to THESE.

Most of the world background for both games is done and all there is to do is minutia. The problem is that there is a LOT of minutia and fiddly bits to deal with.

I need to clone myself like in the move Multiplicity so that I can get more of this stuff done.

The idea is to do a new slicker version incorporating everything I’ve experience since I started publishing. It will be a slicker and sleeker book using cards similar to THESE.

Very exciting! Good luck with all your endeavors, including the Hellas drama deck kickstarter. That mat looks sweet but I don't know if I can commit to the $50 level, so I'm holding out until closer to July 5th.