Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mbentley

[IC] Precinct 13 - Monster Squad - First Day on the Job

119 posts in this topic

Pivnick uncuffs his would-be prisoner an backs away, saying to him "Something tells me Delgado isn't going to welcome 'our kind' with open arms. Tell us what we need to know to get access to him. Secret knock? Fancy handshake? Codeword? And if you're lying, we'll be back for you..."

The man sighs and says, "Ask the Clerk behind the counter about The Special of the Day. If it's clear to go back he'll say, 'The Special is Ripe.' If things aren't clear he'll say, 'The Special is Out'."

Pivnick addresses the crook, "Alright fine. I've heard what I need to hear from you."

He then turns to Cole and Kitner and says "Maybe rolling up in the patrol car isn't the best idea. I say we park it a few blocks away, or see if the paperwork for the undercover vehicle has been processed yet. I don't want any reason to blow an otherwise solid lead."

((OOC: question))

Cole motions for them to get into the squad car so he can "conveniently" forget about the two Death Headers. Once they're all inside, he starts the vehicle and moves off, but not really headed in any particular direction. For a rookie, Pivnick was right. They couldn't just roll up to where Delgado was and hope to get any information. They basically had a couple of options. Either undercover work for one of them or seeing if there were any undercovers already in place that could be tapped. "You're right, Pivnick. We need to stop and regroup. We're making good progress, but I think we might just be bumbling into a lot bigger problems if we don't figure out what we're doing and how we're going to do it."

"I also think it would be fun sometime to see if any of these characters show on Facebook or the like"

Pivnick chuckles at the thought, then stops suddenly and furrows his eyebrows. Turning to Kitner, he says "Hey, actually, that's not a bad idea. I mean, yea maybe they don't post their criminal activities on Facebook, but trying to track down any digital footprints at all is something we haven't tried yet. How are you at poking around on the computer, Kitner? I'm sure we have what we need at the station, or, you're welcome to use this..." Pivnick reaches into his hip pouch (NO, it's NOT a fanny pack!) and waggles his fancy phone gadget.

He continues, "Either way, we'll have to split up a bit so as to not draw too much attention. We might as well be as productive as possible while we do so. Cole your face has been around the block, so sending you in to the bodega may be too early of a red-flag for Delgado. What do you say we take Kitner to do some techno research, where you and I change out of our "dress-blues" into some civilian clothes. Then we can hit up the bodega together -- I'll go in and see what I can find out, you cover me from outside in case..." Pivnick trails off.

He shakes his head as he realizes how real this first mission has become in just a few short hours. Steeling himself, he continues, "...Well, just in case. Anyway, I don't know if it's the best plan, but it's a plan. What do you guys think?"

Cole nods. "Sounds like a workable plan." He unconciously tugs at his police uniform, once again realizing how uncomfortable he is in it. He can't wait to get back and get out of the "dread suit"....because everyone who saw it almost immediately dreads it.

"We'll see what Kitner can find, get a better vehicle where the three of us can be a bit less noticable, and we can get some gear so I can have ears on you," says Cole as he glances over at Pivnick.

With that, he makes a turn and starts heading back to the precinct.

"Oh yes, computers are my specialty. I even graduated top of my class in the UC Empire City Comp Sci program. But then I worked at dot coms, which failed. Many times. So I joined the Force because there will always be criminals, they are the most renewable of renewable resources. Oh . . . that thing? You can browse on it and all, but it isnt really the best for coding and content analysis or spatial regression"

As Cole drives, Pivnick looks down at his phone do-hickey and frowns, thinking That thing cost me my whole first paycheck.

"Captain Dunn mentioned that an unmarked my not be available to us until tomorrow. We're either going to have to fudge some paperwork or expedite the process in some other way. Anyone owe you any favors in Motorpool?"

The radio crackles to life and a female voice says, "This is Captain Dunn for Car 54. Care 54 are you there?"

Cole grabs the handset and responds, "Fifty four copy. Go ahead."

He casts a glance at the other two. "Wonder what the Captain wants."

Cole shrugs, knowing that the Captain couldn't even begin to see the action. "Some leads. We're on our way back to base to consider options and try to narrow down some of them. We'll fill you in when we get there. Over."

It only takes about fifteen minutes to get back to 1st District Police Station, park the car and head down to The Basement. Right away they are all asked into the Captain's office. Elizabeth Dunn sits behind her desk and says, "I see you met up with each other. What have you learned so far?"

Cole is a bit frustrated by not being able to change out of the police uniform, but he represses the urge to complain. Instead, he'd just rather this get over with. "Not sure if this bit got relayed to you or not, Captain, but we've learned that the perp in known to hang with the Death Heads and was reported to have purchased materials to make a natural based poison. We're not sure the intent of the poison at this time. We went to see if we could gain any insight on the lead with the Death Heads and learned that we'd need to talk to a Jorge Delgado. We were on our way back here to attempt to use something a little less conspicuous for a vehicle and to be dressed in something a bit less of an attention getting attire. Not a whole lot in terms of leads, and with this Delgado it could just lead to a dead end," in more way than one he thinks to himself.

He shrugs, not really able to think of much else. "That's about the extent of it."

She nods and says, "You have permission to change into civilian clothes and I'll arrange for a unmarked vehicle to be ready for you when you all are ready to go. Anything else?"

No one having anything else to add the Captain orders everyone to go home and change into casual civilian clothes. Once they get back a black SUV is waiting for them. Along with a tiny listening device and the equipment to listen in. Once they are gathered in her office, Captain Dunn asks, "Anything before you head off to check on this lead?"

"I think we're good to go. Delgado seems like a bigger fish than the usual riff-raff we collar. If he's for real, he may be a lead on the drug that we're looking for. What he doesn't tell us is the 'who' or the 'why'...This..."

Pivnick looks around uncomfortably before continuing.

"...Medusa. We don't know how she's connected, but she is. How or why they need the money -- desperate and/or brazen enough to rob a bank to get it -- we just don't know what the end game is. That? That's what we're trying to find out..."

Pivnick shruggs, and his amber eyebrows go higher than usual.

"Well . . . I also wanted to try seeing what if anything I could find on the computer. I mean, Facebook or such"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0