D6 Online 3.0
janus methedor

Seeking sentients for a ToJ/KotOR PbP

Greetings to all the various beings in this sector of the internet. I am going ot try my hand at running a PbP game. All my previous experience has been 'round a table. But getting to it:

I am trying to gauge interest for a Tales of the Jedi (ToJ) era game. This would be a "Mini-Series" to see if I can pass easily into the PbP GM realm. If I fail I'll try again later, however if this works I'd be willing to expand and continue the adventure beyond the "Mini-series".

The exact time will be the last year of the Exar Kun/Qel-droma 'empire'. Though I'm making a sector for us to play in that should initially be insulated from events.

I will be using a slew of House Rules, some of which everyone might be familiar with like the Open D6 HP system. Others which you might not be, like the Baadu. A sect of Force Users that have a different rule set concerning the Force at the cost of a 1.5 multiplier on their Force advancement. Details for my 'slew of HRs' should be in a follow-up post.

Game Feel, GM Style and other Notes:

My previous games have had a Over the Top, Anime-esk feel to them. If a majority of players wish a more "planetside" feel I believe I can accommodate.

I don't mind playing the 'redemption game' with those consumed by the Dark side. Or if people are up for it, having them join the enemy forces, it might accomplish a more free-form development feel. Also I'm willing to entertain the idea of having a Sith/badguy party in addition to the "Heroes"

I was thinking of having -Cutscenes and Cutaways- while I believe we are all experienced enough to handle this, it is an assumption on my part. So if you think they'll be an issue then speak up so I know, it's better than being hit with accusations of Meta-gaming.

Finally, I like backgrounds. In the Follow-up I mention not using the Social Advantages/Disadvantages (of Open D6) because I feel that this should be represented in your back stories without worrying about points. Give yourself some Allies, Enemies, Rivals or Loves. I enjoy having the character's lives being forces in the story. If you have a secret you can PM it and not include it in your history.

Player Max: 5

Current Count: 2 (3 pending)

Edited by janus methedor
Player Update

"Home Brew Page 1"

Wild Die Rules

- Rolling a "1" during damage resist in not penalized and the "1" is added in normally

- If you roll a "1" on anything else roll again

1-2: add normaly as per the damage resist note above

3-5: remove both the wild die and your highest

6: as above + Complication (exreame IE- On a dodge roll this happense and in addition to damage you periotically take damage from Internal bleeding until healed)

- Pure Brawling only a reroll of "5" and "6" apply using their respective rules, "1-4" are added normaly.

The Baadu:

These Force Users gain Darkside Points and Lightside Points, they strive to maintain a balance, but it's preferable to remain at 0/0 as they can fall out of balance by obtaining too many Lightside OR Darkside points. This group is striving to be neutral/balanced. If a Lightside point is gotten then a less than kind act is required to balance it (DSP). Alternatively it can be bled off by not performing any Good or Evil action for a little bit. While this may seem easy it might mean Not helping allies when the time is right. Additionally this sect may use Dark side powers without gaining DSP.

This may seem like a good path to follow, but falling out of balance will result in loss of the nice ability of DSP powers, agaim this is done by being too good or evil. A definite role Play challenge and expensive Force User. A Jedi, Dark Jedi or Sith will progress faster in Force Skills.

Other Sects, assuming they exist and you can give me sources along with a good background I'll probably allow it.

Resisting the Force:

Willpower will be used for most Mind Altering powers. Certain Illusion type affects may not result in a resistance roll for merely being perceived. In that case it might be perception to notice something wrong, like lack of shadow. Telekinesis will be resisted by Strength/Lifting primarily. If you think the situation calls for it you might be able to wiggle in Acrobatics to grab something nearby as your being lifted or use a missile skill to grapple onto something with a grapple caster. Keep in mind though that these might be more difficult to accomplish.

Parrying, Merged Skills and Such:

The various Parry/Combat skills are going to be merged. Brawling under Strength will count as parry and Melee Combat under Dexterity will parry. Droid Programming and Droid Repair will be merged like it's cousin Computer Programing/Repair.

Hit/Damage Bonus:

For every increment of 5 you beat your opponent by increase damage total by 1.

Martial Arts:

I'm using the Expanded Martial Arts PDF (download link- http://www.mediafire.com/?8r5tx2gmmyx) and a Lightsaber Form rule set similar to martial Arts. The LS Forms will be in additional posts as it's expansive. In addition to some none LS style's I've made. A background explanation will be needed for some Martial Arts, like Shadow Hand. Some Maneuvers will require a teacher or someone to train with.

D6 Advantages/Disadvantages:

For those of you familiar I'm using the Special Abilities (As Cinematic Advantages, IE Fast Reflexes) and non-social advantages/Disadvantages from Open D6 like allies and enemies. I will be including some home brew as well. Disadvantages will give Skill Dice and Advantages will take them. There is a Disadvantage/Skill bonus limit of 10. Taking advantages doesn't negate from the limit.

Hit Points:

As per Open D6 except the formula is Stamina roll+20 instead of Strength roll

Edited by janus methedor

New Advantages (The Boosts concept comes from Appleseed D6)

Humans and other species that gain no innate bonuses receive 2 free "Advantage Dice".

Boosts- enable a re-roll of the wild die on 5 for the first roll. If a boost is applied to the same skill set more than once then a 5 can be re-rolled again up to the number of times the boost applies. The Boost doesn't apply to character point bonus dice.

Resources (1): This may only be taken twice, at level 1 the character has a sizable savings accounts and/or investment portfolio that can be liquidated to equal several thousands of credits (1,000 + 1D6 x 1,000). At level 2, this character has a large sum in the bank, maybe you got some inheritance or won the lottery. (10,000 + 1d6x10,000)

Stout (1): Boosts to Lifting, Endurance and Resistance tests.

Tree-hugger (1): This character prefers the outdoors and is especially able in the wilds. Boosts to Survival, Tracking, Climbing, and rolls concerning wiliderness sciences, IE Scholar: Botany.

Hawkeye (1): Boosts to rolls that involve firing a weapon or throwing something (Firearms, Heavy Weapons, Throw).

Flexible (1): Character is exceptionally limber and graceful.* Boosts to Dodge, Martial Arts/Brawling, and Running.

Cat-footed (1): Character is exceptionally light on her feet.* This grants a Boost to the following skills: Stealth and Acrobatics.

Appeal (1): Boosts to Con, Bargan, Command, Persuasion skills.

Acute Senses (1): Boost to any Search or Tracking attempt that relies on one of the five senses.

Intuitive (1): This character knows how to read other people and use it to her advantage. Boosts to Body Language, Con, Persuasion, Intimidation.

Health (1)- When rolling for Hit Points, this includes at generation, you get a +2 bonus.

Force Talent* (1)- The person is talented in an Aspect of the force (this must be bought multiple time if more that one talent is to be selected) . For Powers dealing with the selected category the character gets a +2 to the total with the Force Skills involved.

Energy-Absorb/Dissipate Energy | Instinctive Astrogation | Life Detection | Life Sense | Life Web | Sense Force | Weather Sense | Injure/Kill | Farseeing | Feed On Darkside | Force Lightning | Transfer Force | Creat Force Storms | Doppelganger | Drain Life Essence | Force Harmony | Transfer Life | Lesser Force Shield | Bolt of Hatred | Dark Side Web | Electronic Manipulation | Drain Life Energy |

Movement-Telekinesis | Telekinetic Kill | Projected Fighting | Control Breathing | Force Wind |

Illusion/Perception-Concentration | Control Pain | Remain Conscious | Combat Sense | Danger Sense | Magnify Senses | Shift Sense | Dim Another's Senses | Illusion | Masqurade | Mass Illusion |

Mind Affecting- Emptiness | Force of Will | Instinctive Astrogation Control | Rage | Short-Term Memory Enhancement | Beast Languages | Receptive Telepathy | Sense Force Potential | Sense Path | Translation | Life Bond | Light Saber Combat | Projective Telepathy | Inflict Pain | Affect Mind | Control Mind | Enhanced Coordination | Aura Of Uneasiness | Waves Of Darkness | Memory Wipe | Battle Meditation

Body Altering-Accelerate Healing | Contort/Escape | Control Disease | Detoxify Poison | Enhance Attribute | Hibernation Trance | Reduce Injury | Reduce Fatigue | Resist Stun | Accelerate Another's Healing | Control Another's Pain | Control Another's Disease | Detoxifing Poison in Another | Put Another In Hibernaton Trance | Remove Another's Fatigue | Return Another To Consciousness |

Ace Pilot (1): Get a boost to a (one) piloting skill.

Natural Pilot (2): You get a boost to all piloting rolls and can re-roll one piloting roll a scene/encounter.

Force Aptitude (1): The Force user is particularly adept in using the force a certain way. Get a boost to 2 related force powers.

Force Attuned (2): You have particular talent with an aspect of the force. You get a boost to 1 Force Skill.

Force Prodigy (3): You are a prodigy in the force. You get a boost to all Force Skills.

Gifted Pilot (1): You have a tendency to pull off one-in-a-million odds in a ship (Choose piloting skill) when in dire straights. When spending CP for the chosen piloting skill you get two dice for every point spent instead of one, Also when spending a Force Point your chosen skill gets a x3 multiplier.

“Jedi” Pilot (2): You have a tendency to pull off one-in-a-million odds in a any ship when in dire straights. When spending CP for piloting skills you get two dice for every point spent instead of one, Also when spending a Force Point your piloting skills gets a x3 multiplier.

Intuitive Astrogater (2): You swear you can almost sense hyperspace itself, two Boosts to Astrogation and reduce the severity of Hyperspace misshaps.

Light Sleeper (1): You get a boost to perception to wake up when the need arises.

Ambush Sense (1): You have a knack for noticing animals about to pounce or people lying in wait, +1D to perception in ambush situations.

Dungeon Crawler (1): You hate it, but your going through a maze again with traps, which leads to a ancient ruin city with wonders … and traps (that make no sense being there), however you’ve gotten used to it… mostly and naturally keep an eye out. +1D to find traps

Twin Blaster (2): You can dual wield like Jon Woo. Each time you take this advantage you can shoot (throw or what have you) with your off hand for no penalty. MAP from other actions applies normally.

Edited by janus methedor

Syria Sector Map- Complete (100%)

Syria Sector Information- In progress (1 of 34-ish)

Outlined Missions- Ready for adjustment and detail for character backgrounds (2 of 8)

ToJ opening- Complete and extended (100%)

Edited by janus methedor

Here is the Syria Sector map of known space. The blue border has the place holder name of Transient Storm and makes Lightspeed travel unadvisable.

(Based on the Talbott Cluster Map from Honorverse)

syria_10.jpg

Edited by janus methedor
Disclaimer

Syria Sector>

(Shadow Ports)

Katana Guild- This crime organization dealing in kidnapping, assassination, extortion, raiding and removal of bounties. They are used by corporate executive to remove competition and occasionally they can remove or pay off bounty hunters. It's known members are Larshen, Gurie, Jishen and Gavin their authority is unknown, however it is believed that Larshen is the current head of the Guild. Current Violence Index is 65. The shadow port location is thought to be near the Arin Kingdom's Hyperspace Corridor. There is routine conflict between the Guild and Kitsfire in the Split system and routinely raid the Kaze system.

Kitsfire- The Kitsfire organization is a collection of pirates and varying array of white collar criminal life. The group shuffles credits, raids convoys with Arin EM weapons, pays off bounties and an assortment of low key criminal activities with the occasional espionage and sabotage. The Violence Index is 35. The location of the shadowport is thought to be somewhere between the Arin Kingdom and the Basilisk Confederation. Some members of Kitsfire are known. Kedra Leen a known forger and security analyst formerly an assosiate of Bandue the Hut. Aleave Gardeen-Lunan, Captain of the Benevolent Saber the pirate responsible for most of the Arin raids. Fen Knell a former intelligence operative of the Republic; the galactic power will pay 2,000 credits for his return.

Usari- The Usari are located somewhere in the western fringe of the Sheeva Union. The group primary deals in protection and information brokering within the Sheeva Union regularly dipping their hands into sabotage. Their violence index is 30.

Red Star- A known shadow port in the center of the Basilisk Confederation has become the sector's personal Narshadaa. The station is monitored by the Confederation, but not destroyed. This allows the station to be a hideaway for people wanting to disappear. The businesses are too numerous to list and it's Violence Index is fragmented and varied. The station is known to provide illegal modifications.

Jade Legion- A group sought by most of the sector. They have burtally raided ships oncoming and outgoing from the galactic west hyperspace corridor. They have also been known to harass the Searlet, Marian and Zale systems, though the Searlet and Marian systems have recently devoted enough forces to disuade this. The Leigon is lead by a warlord known as Oslen. The warlord believes the Syria sector requires more military might for a non-specific enemy force that is to come. His stated goal is to force the sector into the proper state of readiness. The current Violence index is 80. They are known to destroy ships or capture it and kill their crew. They also have been known to take assault and assassination missions from interested parties. The other member known in the Jade Legion are only in the form of code names: Gilium, Paragim, Gif, Leum, Theta, Omega, Bantha and Massai.

Dark Aquaria- Located somewhere in the Freehold Dominion is the Dark Aquaria. The group is not known for violence having a violence index of 13. They have been trading with the Dominion and to a lesser extent the Arin Kingdom and Sheeva Union. They are only known to attack if they feel that the items they are trading for is imperative or a ship gets too close to thier's while the Aquaria ship has a full manifest. The members all have Aquar in their name somewhere. It could be a title, a suffix or occasionally a prefix.

(Arin Kingdom)- The Arin Kingdom is critical for food production of the sector. The explorers that would form the Kingdom were lucky enough to claim the systems with the most promise of food productivity. As a result most governing bodies have established trade agreements and have non-aggression pacts.

Kajma -

-Arin Dai: The capital world of the Arin Kingdom which capital city is known as Kajim. The planet is protected by a series of low-yield ION cannons capable of occasionally ionizing low-end capitals. Kajim is the only major metropolis with other cities primarily being agricultural centers. The capital city's buildings are mostly one story with most of their floors beings sub-levels containing, if not a continuation of the buildings' purpose, then special hydroponic bays.There are the occasional scan shielded permacrete octagons strewn throughout the city. The only tall buildings in the city is the Arin Palace and the Shield Towers.

-Kraus: Is a planet of tall thin branched trees with a numerous amount of vines with hollow ovals called veg containing a yellow fluid used as nutritious dressing for various foods. It's cities are more like large campsites. The odd amount of planetary magnetic poles disrupts repulsor fields and a special landing and launching births have been set up for ships. On records there are 15 launch births. It is on the same orbit as Arin Dai maintaining a static distance.

-Mistral: Is a rather unusual planet. The planet Mistral is an empty core full of air. The gravity of the planet is only .3 gravities from the mass of the mantel . It's orbit is in a state of tidal lock bearing a situation similar to that of Ryloth. The planet has a atmosphere that is barely type I with grass planet-wide. The sun side grass is copper and barbed with a deep root system to snatch water from the soil's depths. The eternal night side of the planet has luminescent grass, colors depending on the amount of water that the blade of grass has. The twilight equator's grass is black giving the appearance of swaying obsidian.

-Green Belt: Green belt is a large asteroid cluster in the northern orbit of the system taking the two orbits before A'den. The currently accepted thought is that it's the remainder of two or more planets that collided due to intersecting orbits. The soil of asteroids are shipped to the four planets of the system to enable or enhance the plant growth of the agricultural centers and fields.

-A'den: This immense planet was first discovered by the Mandalorians, it's name means merciless in Mando'a. The warrior race has a small population center and a certain amount of territory. Other than that they don't mind the rest of the planet being under the Arin Kingdom flag. A'den as a planet is quite unusual for more than just it's size. The entire planet is covered in an hostel omnivorous ecosystem. It's plant and native life forms are in a state of constant battle, a reason why the Mandalorians set up a small colony shortly after it's discovery. The Kingdom has set up several defended sites on the surface to harvest the plants as yet an other additional food source. The animals are harvested by 'entertainment guilds' for their ability to enrich a variety of situations. Some assassin and Bounty Hunter organizations venture for both animal and plant life for the more nefarious aspect of poisons.

Kaze-

-Biennial, Griin: This planet was once not as flourishing as its current state. Technology has been used to augment it's soil potency and is a dedicated agricultural planet.

-Rishi: A dark planet with only spots of light. The planet is largely unknown as it's ozone layer is strong enough to block visible light waves and interfere with starship functions. Sometimes parts of the em shell fluctuates allowing light through. Specially armored probes have been sent through these holes, but data bursts and transmissions haven't been able to be received.

-Onvar: This planet has been artificially cooled from a volcanic planet to a treed one in a similar fashion to Biennial and Griin. However due to the raids from the Katana Guild there is a military defense station in orbit with 2 Cyclone Carriers and a Mistrel Destroyer berthed.

Hava-

-Fria: A planet ruled by Baroness Esha Aken and her son Lord Birwu Aken. Baron Kern Aken was killed seven standard months ago after having an allergic reaction due to an unusual dish at an negotiation within the Freehold Dominion. The planet is a burnt color, some of it in fact crimson. The surface of the planet is cooling from intense lava flows, some of the planet still suffers from volcanic activity. Overall the planet is hot, its populous wearing light loose clothing. Average temperature 80 degrees Fahrenheit, low of 40 and high of 140. It only snows once a year that is changing with the cooling. These snow days have all, but critical civic stations closed. Large areas of land have immense domed agricultural center. It's plains are inhabited by various reptilian creatures.

-FMC2_Fria: Military moon of Fria. Mainly produces Mistrel Destroyers and is currently phasing out it's Coil Fire construction bays for Chinook Stalkers and converting it's excess bays into Tempest Light Carrier facilities. The surface of FMC2 is cool and mountainous with an average temperature of 50 degrees.

Vetra-

-Delrin:

-Mrrlik:

-Raner:

Unique Commodities (Shadow Market): "Green Soil" 10,000(50,000)/T, Enrichment Substances 25(75)/dose, A'den Poisons (100-300)/dose

(Basilisk Confederation)-

Lynx -

-Chai: This is a Super gas giant containing large deposited of green burning Tibannan-T gas used in Basilisk ships. A special station, Delsin, is set up to harvest the gas and has an industrial lift to reach the surface of Chai.

-Gil_Chai: The inhabited moon of Chai slightly smaller than the Republic planetary capital. It has a large deposit of metals.

-

Split-

Mainwaring-

Nuncio-

Rembrandt-

Celebrant-

Prairie-

Northern Star-

Shoal-

Redoubt-

San Miguel-

Basilisk-

Searlet-

Marian-

Dresden-

Arial-

(Sheeva Union)-

Tillerman-

Orfa Minor-

Marius-

Niagra-

Zale-

Taylor-

Howard-

Saltash-

Meyers-

(Freehold Dominion)-

Mako-

Rasmussen-

Taimu-

Portillo-

Chomanand-

Selkirk-

Freehold-

Tyrel-

Osmani-

Edited by janus methedor

Star Arts- This or a variant of this is eventually developed by people or species that routinely operate in zero to low gravity environments. In this case Star Arts was developed by a person named Starwind. Most of his information has been lost. It's rumored that he or she was a smuggler. More practically this style is normally taught to elite-boarding troops who's standard procedure is to knock out Artificial Gravity.

Base Ability- Null Gravity Adept: Having practiced extensively in Zero-Gravity environments you can use this understanding to gain advantage vs opponents. When in Zero-G you gain +2D to Melee and hand to hand skills along with general Defensive Actions like dodging and parries. In Micro-gravity this is reduced to +1D

Available Combat Actions

Flip

Head Butt

Spinning Kick

Kick

Weapon Block

Instant Knockdown

Null-Stand

Pushed Kick

Velocity Break

Star Arts Combat Actions Only

Tech Difficulty Effect

Null-Stand Moderate While in a Zero or Micro Gravity area you may "Stand" or otherwise correct your balance from "knockdown" without using an action. Additionally you use excess momentum to attack a target near you for strength damage using your brawling/melee skill

Pushed Kick Difficult By using maximum force from pushing off a stable object you can deliver devastating kick in this frictionless environment. If the character rolls successfully, and rolls a successful Brawling attack,their kick inflicts STR+4D damage. Failure gives their opponent an immediate attack against them at no Penalty and with a +1D.

Velocity Break Easy-Heroic You have been trained to use counter-force via movement to reduce your 'knock back' from hits. Making an easy roll will reduce the knock back by half, Difficult will reduce it to one meter (or a third if hit by a large amount of kinetic energy). Heroic will allow you to move easier during explosive decompression by reducing penalties or in some way aiding you.