D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
JPQuinn

Player's Guide [Easter Egg!]

Happy Easter everyone! I know we have been keeping our first Septimus project (Bill Coffin's Septimus: Player's Guide) pretty close to our chest, but we feel the wait has been worth it. Before I get to the Easter Egg, we would like to thank all the Septimus fans that have e-mailed us with ideas, questions, and errata that they'd like to see us address. Next, I'd like to thank all of the invaluable Phase I (alpha) playtesters that have helped fine tune the mechanics and kept asking the deeper questions. Now, on to the Easter Egg... not so much an outline for the book, but a glimpse into what each chapter holds in store for the players.

Introduction - A pretty typical introduction, including what you need to use the book (namely the Septimus RPG and D6 Space supplements).

Chapter 1: Factions - This chapter includes a galactic timeline of major events around the galaxy and within the Septimus sphere. This chapter also includes additional color information about the following factions within the Septimus sphere: the Sindavar Extent, the Grayscale Resistence, the Imperial Colonists (Newcomers), the Priory of the Void, the Society of Andecles, and the Covenant. No rule mechanics are to be found in this chapter.

Chapter 2: Characters - This chapter has rule mechanics to cover everything from character creation to character advancement, occupations, new boons, and new banes.

Chapter 3: Campaigns - This chapter includes many campaign options for the characters to explore, including: aiding the Empire in their fight for control over Septimus, searching for the Seven Cities, searching the surface of Septimus for artifacts left by the ancients, delving into the hyperspace problem, and many more. Each campaign model gives characters a campaign brief, character roles, campaign traits, and a number of hooks to get their characters involved. No rule mechanics are to be found in this chapter.

Chapter 4: Hardware - This chapter is more than just big guns and shiny armor. This chapter includes personal equipment, armor, weaponry, and accessories for characters to augment their hardware. This chapter also includes mechanics for "quick rigging" equipment on the fly.

Chapter 5: Robots - This chapter includes a number of purchasable robots and robot vehicles, as well as rule mechanics for PC robots.

Chapter 6: Vehicles - This chapter includes information for a wide range of watercraft, ground vehicles, aircraft, other modes of non-stellar transportation. Additional information on propulsion systems, armor, weapon systems, and other components allow players to upgrade and personalize their own vehicles.

Chapter 7: Starships - This chapter deals with the motley collection of starships and starship designs that have made their way into Septimus. Like vehicles, there are plenty of options to upgrade and personalize PC starships.

Chapter 8: Environment - This chapter covers all the rule mechanics for atmosphere, gravity, radiation, and stellar systems. A must read for all new Septimus colonists.

Chapter 9: Uber-science - This chapter covers all of the classic scifi science wonders: cloning, cybernetics, genotech, nanotech, and replication technology.

Chapter 10: Travel - This chapter covers the science and theory of traveling in Septimus (as well as the rest of the galaxy). Included here are the how's, why's, and dangers of: space travel, hyperspace travel, temporal travel, and teleportation.

Chapter 11: Mutations - This chapter covers "natural" mutations, how to acquire them, and the necessary rule mechanics to play a mutant PC.

Chapter 12: Metaphysics - This chapter includes new metaphysical manipulations, the source of this power, and how a PC may develop these abilities.

Chapter 13: Corruption - This chapter explains what happens to the PC after reaching a corrupt state and gives additional options that go beyond retirement.

Chapter 14: Templates - This chapter includes 18 new templates (6 for each of the three new factions: the Priory of the Void, the Society of Andecles, and the Covenant). In addition, this chapter also includes information about how to include templates found in D6 Space.

Index - We make a special note of the index because it is unlike most other indexes. The index includes not only references to rules found within the Player's Guide, but also rules found in the Septimus core rulebook, D6 Space, and D6 Space Ships.

Sheets and Forms - The book is concluded with a vehicle record, a starship record, and a two-sided character sheet.

Enjoy ;)

Awesome, makes me want to dust off my Septimus PDF and give it another flip through! (I never did find a group to play it with) I apologize if this has already been answered but will Doleman Creative be issuing any errata for the original Septimus book?

Yeah, that's quite a bit of interesting stuff. One question: You mention in the "Introduction" that it will use the Septimus book and D6 Space supplements. Are you changing the system of Septimus, or are the supplements things like Space Aliens and ships and stuff that can be integrated into Septimus?

@Option: Since we only license Septimus, we won't have any official, stand-alone errata documents. However, from the industrious Septimus fans on this forum (and those at RPGNet), we are able to recognize and produce rule addendums to cover what we feel are major issues.

@Grimace: Septimus owes its core system to D6 Space and D6 Space Ships. We won't change this basic core system, but we will add to it. For the moment, we are avoiding a direct link to D6 Space Aliens (since Septimus doesn't approach "aliens" in the same way), but the ability to use those books (and other space-themed or horror-themed OpenD6 products) is centric to our Septimus design philosophy.

What you lay out looks very nice. Thank you for providing this. One question, which you may not be able to comment on, but how closely will you be working with Bill C. to perhaps include new tidbits as well? Just curious.

@Lubidius: The Player's Guide will be featuring a lot of new material (both mechanical and fictional). As to how closely we're working with Bill, as the release date gets closer we'll make further announcements, but for now we're keeping this information close to our chests.

Things are going much better with this than with some other facets of our company. I write, when I have the time, but things are looking very very good.