D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Sylvre Phire

[Gauging Interest/Recruitment] Star Wars: Spec-Ops 4

Very descriptive, Dale! Would you mind providing examples of characters and duels for the forms in post #22, like you did for the post #23? specifically all the film characters but EU characters for the forms not used in movies would be great too. Thanks!

I can try. Looking through some of the descriptions, it's obvious that not all of them have examples shown in the EU canon. For example, Form "Zero" and Form I are classified as very basic, rudimentary forms, dating back to the early days of the Jedi Order before the invention of the lightsaber. By the way, we've got two slots open yet. You wouldn't happen to be interested in joining? :D

Pax et bonum,

Dale

I'm working on an alternative for ya, should be done soon.

It's done (exceptions noted in file). Should I post it here for review? or E-mail it to you? It's too cumbersome to PM.

I've also as an alternative made 2 Versions of Vaapad as it's own variant style.

Edited by janus methedor

Okey dokey, folks --

@Janus - PM sent regarding your lightsaber form rules with an answer to your skill question. :)

@Whill - Are you in?

I'm going to go ahead and start working on an OOC thread and will post a regional map to start off with. At this time I'm going to leave recruitment open in hope of recruiting one or two more players.

EDIT: Um, speaking of which, how does one go about starting up a game around here... It looks like it's subforum, and I'm sure as a user I don't have the system privileges to start up a subforum for the game... :confused:

Pax et bonum,

Dale

Edited by Sylvre Phire

What's going to be the name of your game thread? Will is just be Star Wars: Spec Ops 4? Or do you want something more descriptive?

"Star Wars: Spec-Ops 4" is fine, Grimace. Thanks for your quick reply on that. :)

Pax et bonum,

Dale

Sylvre Phire, what is the next step from potential players? I will be out of the country this week, but let me know what you need from me and I will respond when I can. It looks like the force user slots are filled. I am contemplating a few ideas. Either (i) an arrogant noble, (ii) a somewhat ruthless former urban guerilla, (iii) a Rodian sniper, or (iv) a force sensitive (but not force using) leader. I am leaning away from (iv) though as his motto "where the Jedi failed, we prevail" might be more contentious than helpful in a party with two Jedi.

I would definitely shy away from #4 as well. At this stage, allocate 7D to your character's skills and when you get back get in touch with Janus Methedor, Kalzazz, and Rerun941 and work out a background connection with any (or all) of their characters. I'm kind of thinking the Arrogant Noble might be a good fit in the game, but that's just my opinion, please go with whichever of the first three speaks to you the most.

Pax et bonum,

Dale

Hey folks, sorry for the inactivity. I've had to deal with some drama elsewhere in my life but that is quieting down now. I intend to get some more work done on the campaign material and I've seen one character background so far (Janus, I believe that was your's, right?) but have not fully reviewed it next to the material in "Black Sands of Socorro". Thank you for your patience, guys. I really appreciate it.

How goes the schooling, Kalzazz?

Pax et bonum,

Dale

School is being a nightmare as its the end of semester nightmare time . . . . . I can whip together a character in 5 minutes without a detailed background and all, but to get even a fraction of what Janus has and such takes hours I dont really have now

Hey guys, I'm going to have to excuse myself from the game. I got laid off from work today, so I need to focus on the job hunt now. I'm sure you understand.

@ Rerun- As before good luck, I'm sure you'll succeed!

Yup Sylvre that's my background, I'm fairly certain it lines up with the Black Sands if not in fact than in spirit. I hope that it provides something interesting, like strings that can be pulled. While he won't be foreseeable going back to Socorro he'll still help the Bah'lir which could prove as hooks. On a different note hope the stuff I sent you was useful.

Kalzazz, good luck with everything. I don't think we're pressed for time? As there's prep stuff still going on. I would hope that we (and if it makes sense for all of us) could forge a interweaved background.

This is exciting! :)

Hey guys, I'm going to have to excuse myself from the game. I got laid off from work today, so I need to focus on the job hunt now. I'm sure you understand.
Good luck job hunting, Rerun.