Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Winds Of Salarvya : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 2

Recommended Posts

While Osure stares in wild wonderment at the airship mural, Kamar notices a

shimmer and a shuffle, followed by a very light "skitter" sound on the top of the 3rd

bookcase from the left. <GM Note: when looking into the room from the doorway.>

 

Kamar will say in a conversational tone, "I think I'd best get you some more chumetl from the kitchens if you're going to try to stay awake to read the whole library, honoured priestess," and walk around the shelves towards the door, making a great deal of noise as he does so. He will then double behind a shelf and proceed as quickly and quietly as possible to a point between the intruder and Osure, drawing his sword and preparing to ambush the ambusher.

 

Kamar's Stealth (5D): 6, 2, 2, 3, *5 (Wild) = 18.

Edited by Purchasemonkey
Adding a Stealth roll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure & Kamar -

 

Kamar swiftly but quietly moves his body around the 3rd bookcase, he no longer hears

any skittering along the top of the large wooden mass of books and scrolls. Kamar

sees a three step wooden stool near the end of the case, close to where the potential

threat may be present. He is able to get on top of it without making too much noise.

He then takes a very small utility dagger from the back of his boot straps, and strikes

forcefully towards the top of the book case. A loud <SCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRREECH

SQUUUEEEEEK SQUEEEEEEEK> is heard. Then the shimmering entity starts to become visible:

 

ring-tailed-lemur.jpg

<GM Note, yes, it looks like a Lemur... this is an animal that neither of you have

seen before in your life>

 

It's arm is bleeding, but otherwise is intact. It swiftly makes it's way towards the front of the room, near a smaller bookcase along the wall.

As the creature looks quickly back to gauge your possible approach, you see it's eyes glowing red.

 

@Hanumal & Ur Athal -

 

Hanumal grabs a small empty wooden barrel which was present on the cart and quickly

raises it in front of the sorcerer's vitals. As he does, another arrow <shuuuunccccks>

directly into the barrel's side. As he realizes this barrel will not last another shot,

he peers around the nearby stalls for something larger, but light weight. He finds a

wooden crate pallet; quickly snagging it up as a makeshift 'shield' for the sorcerer

and his own body.

 

Ur Athal's massive body moves like a gigantic wild cat. Someone so large would not be

expected to be this agile. He moves like a god on the Dormoran Plain. Two strikes

are made, the first of which finds a mark on one of the Salarvyani's shoulders, deeply

gashing him in the process. This first target quickly shifts his sword to his left hand

in order to be able to parry any further blows. Pain is obvious across the clenched brow

and sweaty hairy face of the Salarvyani scumbag. Ur's subsequent reversal strike,

comes close to the second living enemy, but is parried successfully before meeting chlen

sword to flesh.

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osure turns at the squeak, and her eyes light up. "Try and take it alive, or at least don't damage any internal organs!. . . Or the pelt!"

She attempts to command the fascinating specimen to stay with a ritual spell.

 

((Zoic Domination: 11. This will only work on a non-intelligent, or semi-intelligent animal, not on a demon or anything.

Also, I am throwing in a naturalist roll, in case I have heard of or read about this thing, since I study creatures for a living: 21))

Edited by Danielle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamar will be brought up short by both the strangeness of the creature, which he believes must certainly be a demon of some kind, and by the order to take it alive. He will approach the creature warily, sheathing his sword for now, and cast about for something which could trap the little being--a tapestry to use as a makeshift net? A planter to put atop it? A rope with which to tie it up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Only your blood will satisfy the scales of justice, now DIE!!!"

 

Keeping the pressure on them I will make sure at least one of them is between me and the hidden archer, as I roll low and scythe at their legs while parrying any attacks against me.

 

[Melee Defense Results for 5D+1 Wild Die: 3 Die 2: 6 Die 3: 6 Die 4: 4 Die 5: 5 Total: 25

Melee Attack 1 Results for 5D+1 Wild Die: 6 Bonus Die: 6 Bonus Die: 2 Bonus! Die 2: 3 Die 3: 4 Die 4: 5 Die 5: 5 Total: 32

Melee Damage 1 Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 4 Die 3: 2 Die 4: 1 Die 5: 5 Total: 19

Melee Attack 2 Results for 5D+1 Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 1 Die 3: 1 Die 4: 3 Die 5: 5 Total: 16

Melee Damage 2 Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 1 2nd Wild Die: 4 Penalty! Die 2: 4 Die 3: 4 Die 4: 2 Die 5: 6 Total: 12]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure & Kamar

 

As Kamar attempts to corner the 'demonic monkey creature' (for the sake of science of course!), the door rustles and knocks loudly. A large voice barks towards then softer away from the doorway "They have to be here somewhere. Kamarrrrr. Kamaaaaaaaar. Ossssuuure (in slurred N'luss accent). <BOOM> the doorway flings open widely. "There you all are! I was lost. Now you have found me! Ahah!" And with this, the demon monkey darts quickly down the hallway. "Hey.. you all have a pet? I didn't know that?!" It is Ur's brother Hasdrubal, in all his fine drug induced N'luss glory.

 

 

@Hanumal & Ur Athal

 

Although unable to fully roll and leg swipe the enemies, Ur Athal cleanly parries a swift sword thrust and swipe by the uninjured remaining Salarvyani stooge. He then thrusts his own long sword into the gut of the same man in a reversal move; then guiding the impaled enemy swiftly into line of fire of another incoming arrow <CCCCCCAAAAAAAASPLUNK> A slightly more bloody target squishes and screams as the inbound chlen tipped arrow makes its mark directly into his spinal column. <AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH> The now thoroughly impaled Salarvyani screams.

 

Ur Athal has now bought Hanumal enough time to attend to a WAKING (but bound) sorcerer. Hanumal takes the shielding crate palette and smashes it to bits over the old crony's cranium. <SMAAAAASH> Apparently it would not have stood up to as much as he first imagined. Hanumal quickly snags the

en-sleepened magic user and throws his sloppy slithering body into the back of the cart, using the sides of the thick cart to hide him from further

inbound sharp tipped shafts! Hanumal now has more time to peer around the area. They are not too far from the ship. He actually can make out it's single mast and sail from here. <GM Note: You are perhaps 150 ft from the Nosalas now> You make out the shape of a group of 4 Salarvyani guards making their way around the corner, close to the docks. <GM Note: By relation, around 120 ft. away towards the dockyard> They have not seen your group yet. There is one lantern holding post close to where the guards are turning into the market place. That is all he can make out before yet another arrow <CAAAATHUNKS> into the side of cart, barely missing Ur Athal along it's path of pursuit.

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Quick OOC question: Am I aware of why my spell failed? Basically I am wondering if this is a way to know it is a supernatural creature. Will post reaction once I get a response))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamar will make a quick nodding bow to the giant N'luss and mumble, "A pleasant evening to you, O Glorious Warrior," while attempting to see around his massive soldiers to determine where the quarry has fled.

 

"Ah, no, not a pet. Wild animal. Must capture it for the Honoured Priestess," as he jabs a thumb towards Osure. "I need a net. Do you think any of the servants might be able to bring me a net?" He attempts to slip quickly but quietly around the N'luss and down the hallway to follow the creature.

 

Kamar's Search (5D): 4, 4, 4, 2 +3* (Wild)= 17.

Kamar's Stealth (5D): 6, 6, 6, 4 +4* (Wild)=26.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Danielle - From what you can tell during your casting attempt, this is a living creature that is 'bound' in a manner that barred your zoic domination attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Honored Nhluss, I see you are enjoying the hospitality of Salarvya," Osure gestures the drunkard to one of those strange Salarvyani chairs while shooing Kamar out of the room. "Go along guardsman. It is no ordinary animal and my spells shall be of little use, I fear I would only be a distraction to you, and our loud friend here even more of a hindrance."

 

After the guardsman has left she looks from the shelves full of books to the large barbarian, knowledge-lust and basic hospitality warring within her. But if I ignore him maybe he will go chasing after Kamar again? That would not do.

 

". . . So. . . this must be a far cry from the meals you had as a slave?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur Athal tosses the body aside towards his friend who is still in melee range (to provide an obstacle), and engages in a full charge prepared to dodge any incoming attacks, leaving the opponent in my wake as an offering to my friend Hanumal whose blade has yet to quench its dire thirst in the blood of these Salarvyani dogs. "My friend I leave you a sacrificial animal for thy blade!"

 

The bowman is my goal, and my intent is to leave him gurgling in a pool of his own blood.

 

[Multi Action -1D

Dodge Results for 5D Wild Die: 3 Die 2: 4 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 5 Die 5: 5 Total: 22

Melee Results for 6D+1 Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 4 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 4 Die 5: 3 Die 6: 5 Total: 27

Damage Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 2 Die 3: 6 Die 4: 4 Die 5: 5 Total: 24]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kamar -

Kamar is able to quickly slip by the 'wall of N'luss'... You quickly move down the hall, seeing that Osure is jumping to take care of the N'luss' needs. Kamar quikly bounds down the hallway, watching the crazy monkey's tail slip into the dining hall. Several crazed remaining half drugged Salarvyani are heard. One is heard saying.. "Get this thing off of me!". As Kamar looks around the corner. The monkey is now on the shoulder of a half naked attendee, a fork pressed deep into the neck veins. It's crazy red eyes pleading non-verbally 'make a move, I dare you'.

 

@Osure -

Looking back over his large shoulder, Hasdrubal chimes "Hey... don't touch the monkey! do NOT touch the monkey! That's what our mother used to say to us annnnnnyhow(slurring). Ahh Osure, pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty... Ossuuu..." <slipping as he attempts to get onto the chair><boooooom> The chair falls apart as the large sitter does not squarely rest upon his laurels. A large N'luss is now on his back staring wide eyed at the ceiling on the floor of the library :). You quickly find the cushion that flew to the ground nearby and brace the barbarian's cranium in a quick slide under matted hair. You then realize the reason it is matted. Peeeeeeeyoooooooyeeee! The stench is emenating from the sometime recently regurgitated Salarvyani spicy sugar balls that now cakes Hasdrubal's stringy hair. Ur's brother quickly passes out, giving you a final breather to regroup your thoughts. <You are free to additionally move down the hallway and into the dining area if you wish, just let me know. You would of course arrive slightly after Kamar. You are also free to move about and take any other action you wish.>

 

@Ur Athal & Hanumal -

Ur Athal makes swift work of pulling his impaled sword out of his latest victim. An odd <ssssssluuurping> sound emotes as a result of the sucking wound closing shut <eeeewww - you think>. He charges with reckless abandon, tearing through any market shanty part or parcels as he rips towards the incoming line of fire. Thankfully, he does a forward roll as an arrow narrowly misses his right temple. As you close in , the arrows come quicker and more accurately. You see TWO dark shadowy figures atop a nearby one story building. A warehouse of sorts from your quick charging glance. You are able to find refuge behind several boxes of goods near the wall of the warehouse. You did draw fire long enough for Hanumal to make short work of the remaining (previously arm injured) enemy. A quick turn of his torso, and head leaves body, rolling to ground. The blood bathes his left cheek as the enemy slinkers down the large chlen cart wheel below. Hanumal quickly takes refuge again against the cart's thick wodden side rail, next to the slumbering sorcerer and brigand's bodies. Hanumal is able to take the reins of the cart and 'keeeeeyaw' them into slowly moving the cart towards the dockyards.

 

<If there are any questions, PM me please. You are all free to act now. @Lee, if you want me to change your actions in any way, just let me know.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(The lemur-thing is holding a hostage; has it apparently seen Kamar? I ask because if it is not specifically aware of his presence as yet, he could duck back around the corner and nock an arrow and expect to try a snap-shot at the thing before it kills its hostage; if his Stealth roll above wasn't good enough to fool it, then he will have to face off with it instead, since trying to ready a shot will probably provoke it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<Considering the timing involved (your speed, vs it's speed, other factors), it would be reasonable for you to attempt a snap shot before the beastly hominoid had a chance of harming the woman. Of course, the newly captive lady might not like you missing critically :). The way I tend to handle critical errors is if you roll a 1 on the wild die, I roll behind the scenes to see if I get another 1. If I do, then I roll against a critical error chart, a chart of which I change on whimsy from time to time to make things fun. A good % of that chart is 'nothing strange or hilarious occurs'.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Okay, here goes.)

Kamar puts his back to the wall against the corner of the hallway leading into the chamber where the lemur-demon is threatening the Salarvyani. Mumbling a quick prayer to Lord Mentutekka, he nocks an arrow and pulls his fingers to the right corner of his mouth. Holding his breath, he steps around the corner and sights and lets fly all in one motion.

 

Kamar's Marksmanship (4D+1): 6, 5, 5, 3* (Wild) +1 = 20

 

(Phew!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After making certain that the large oaf is sleeping, Osure tip toes out of the library to find out whether Kamar has captured the demon-monkey yet.

As she walks she idly wonders which of the house's guests it is bound to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheathing his blade he begins running along the side of the building gaining momentum to launch his large frame leaping into the air with arm extended reaching for the edge of the wall, and swinging his legs up over the edge in a reverse spider drop. Rolling on to the roof and leaping to his feet in an attempt to dodge any incoming fire.

 

[Jumping Results for 3D Wild Die: 6 Bonus Die: 5 Bonus! Die 2: 4 Die 3: 4 Total: 19

Dodge Results for 5D Wild Die: 4 Die 2: 6 Die 3: 2 Die 4: 6 Die 5: 4 Total: 22]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kamar:

<Caaaaaaaaaaaathunk --- splllllllitttttdddddch> The arrow is let lose, piercing the air with a light whispering whistle, it then takes a large chunk out of the creatures furry little shoulder (There are you happy with yourself now! A poor defenseles demon lemur, lol) The creature's eyes cease their glowing. The attacked attendee shrieks <aaaaaaeeeeeeeeehhhhkkk> with painful delight as the beast falls limp and devoid of it's previous demonic airs from her shoulder. Upon closer examination, the small monkey creature is breathing shallowly.

 

@Danielle:

You edge your way around two corners, stopping quickly at the Lady Jaluda's quarters. Her sister, the pending Princess, sits holding her hand, chatting softly to her. You pass by unawares, then see Kamar fling himself, arrow at the ready around the corner to the dining hall. Hearing the fateful <caaaaathunk> just prior to the piercing of the monkey. Osure quickly thinks <"Oh poor creature.... I hope he saves the carcass."> Thinking the situation resolved with the possessed monkey, she draws her attention back to the Lady Jaluda's room recalling her previous desire to help heal her further. Osure enters, and both women look up with smiles; in the case of Jaluda, a wincing one. The Princess to be chimes in "What is the recent commotion dear Osure?"

 

@Ut Athal:

Ur Athal successfully leaps and bounds upon the 13 foot high walls of the market warehouse. He rolls successfuly back to a reasonable footing onto it's stone ridden roof. However, Ur Athal knocks against a small set of barrels in the process; making them sprawl about along the roof, rolling about to and fro. The two enemy archers quickly send forth feathery shafts towards your direction. One of the arrows finds it's mark in your right shoulder. It is a grazing wound, but painful none-the-less. Ur finds himself about 15 feet away from the nearest archer. The 2nd is roughly 20 ft away. <GM Note: Just a few points against your body, not enough to stun. I'll mark your sheet here in a bit.>

 

@Hanumal:

Hanumal is able to guide the chlen cart in line with a nearby market stand. This gives it much more cover then in previous rounds.

 

[GM Side-Note: One point to make, which I failed to clearly denote before in this thread, is that Princess Bsuha hiSsánmirim (Your hostess tonight, the sister of the albino Lady Jaluda) is betrothed to a prominant royal family line of Salarvya. More on this topic will come to your knowledge over time. This information was passed to you either in chatting during the previous dinner and/or with the Captain OR Commander of the Nosalas at slow times during the voyage to this port.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Tusmidali, there seems to have been a possessed creature haunting your library. We startled it when we went to look at the books, and it fled to the dining room, but I am sure Kamar has it in hand." As these words leave her mouth she thinks back to the incident with the tapestry. . . "yes, I am certain everything is well in control." (gulp.)

 

Looking for a way to change the topic of conversation, her eyes focus upon Lady Jaluda's leg. "That really should be re-dressed. May I?" After barely waiting for permission she pulls back the bandage and wrinkles her nose at the smell. "Yes, it needs to be cleaned, and sewn." As Osure works she ventures to ask "How did you come to acquire such a fascinating painting in your library?"

 

((Should I make a healing check, or is the surgery specialization appropriate?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not showing any pain, Ur Athal calmly draws his sword and stalks toward the closest bowman dancing from side to side, he rapidly closes the distance and performs a full downward swing on the first bowman doing his damnedest to cut him in twain.

 

[Dodge Results for 5D Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 4 Die 3: 1 Die 4: 5 Die 5: 5 Total: 20

Melee Results for 6D+1 Wild Die: 4 Die 2: 1 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 4 Die 5: 4 Die 6: 3 Total: 22

Damage Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 4 Die 2: 5 Die 3: 4 Die 4: 3 Die 5: 3 Total: 21]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamar will rush forward, ignoring the surprised cries of the Salarvyani, and gingerly pick up the wounded monkey. Quickly determining that its wounds are both serious and beyond his meager field-trained ability to bandage, he will then carry it in search of his principal, calling out, "Honoured priestess! Your specimen requires your mastery of magic for its preservation!"

 

He will, in typical Tsolyani fashion, assume that shouting orders loudly and slowly will help the staff understand his demands to be taken to the priestess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<@Danielle, we'll go with Surgery. If you could give me three rolls for it, that will represent several stages of operation. [don't worry, only a very critical error situation will have any issues - IF you roll a 1 on wild die, I roll again on my own charts for it something weird happens / low chance] You have ascertained that you will need to operate to save the leg. If done soon, you will not have to amputate it. There will be significant scarring and some loss of mobility as a result though. It will delay you a couple hours overall from returning to the ship, but we can compress time as needed to move things forwards overall.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[surgery 6D+1: 24, 18, 20; no 6s or 1s on wild die. I have no idea what the state of Tsolyani medicine is. I need to try and find out. Maybe I should learn an actual heal sell, though that seems redundant and less awesome.]]

 

Osure will work dispassionately and efficiently, ignoring any protests or cries of pain from the Lady Jaluda. She will attempt polite conversation with the princess, at odds with the grizly scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...