Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Winds Of Salarvya : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 2

Recommended Posts

"Hasdrubal I need you to cover my back, we can come back and do some shopping after the prisoner is secure, and transporting him on a slow easy to notice conveyance is just not something I am willing to risk. I can carry the bastard in a sack, if we get ambushed, we can fight back to back and drop him between us. I want to do it at a quicktime. Let's go!"

 

[i will have to pry Hanumal for information regarding our Captain, either he and the Princess are lovers, or perhaps it his her sister Jaluda. We need to know these things as they may affect our mission, and that is something I will not allow. Failure would stain us with dishonor.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Lady, my guardsman and myself have been assigned to this expedition in order to take stock of its destination, and see what creatures and relics and treasures there might be which would benefit our temple." Osure wrestles with how much to say. This devotee could be a powerful ally, but secrecy is always the safer path. Safe, but not necessarily productive. She decides to throw the dice. "I had hoped that these records you spoke of might contain information to guide my search once we reached the island itself, as I had come across a reference in my previous studies to an object which resembled the orb painted upon your clan house wall and featured so prominently in your play." Osure pauses to see what reaction this statement ellicits. . .

 

"Is there no way now for us to resume our pilgrimage to these ancient writings? Is there another who could escort me if you cannot go? The temple would owe you a great debt if you allowed me to study them." And now to sweeten the chumetl, as it were. She had heard the hunger in this girl's voice when she discussed the God. "I do not know how things stand here in Salarvya, but at Hmakuyal scholarship is valued above all. Your skin, your eyes, they are small and surface things, easily hidden beneath rainment and mask. If you wished, the debt owed you might be a place within the priesthood of our blue lord." Osure looks into Jaluda's eyes, and awaits a response.

 

((OOC sorry for dropping off the radar, I am dedicated to posting more))

 

"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A look of trepidation, then muted elation covers her pale brow. Obviously still in pain, she winces then queries, "Osure. You of perfect piety, I see great things in your future. As to the Orb, I can impart some details upon it's origins, but what research have you done thus far? Where have you seen this orb in your own materials may I ask?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I have done scant research thus far, and what information I have is not my own to share, as it came in trust from one of higher rank than I. In truth I have told you nearly all already. I know it exists, I know it might be found at our destination. Any details you have would be of great help, and if we could see the manuscripts themselves that would be best. I am not a demonologist, or a scholar of the planes, my focus is on the creatures of the land and sea and sky here upon Tékumel, but even an imperfect tool must be used when it is what is to hand."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Pious Osure, dear new friend, perhaps you should see an old painting in our palace library. It depicts the mighty Qiyor of legends old, on his journey to the Isle Of The Worlds. It also depicts the treasure of knowledge that he seeked, the powerful Orb Of All-Seeing. That is the same orb that is depicted on the wall near our reflection pool. In my research over the past several years, I've been able to piece together public legends and family histories which point to your own god Ksarul having created the Orb, and the One Other having stolen it during the The Battle of Dormoron Plain. That is what was depicted in my play today. If this is indeed the object your group seeks, or seeks to protect, be very careful Osure. It's power is nearly limitless, and as such, its ability to steal the minds of those that possess it is a very real danger you must not overlook." Jaluda winces in pain as she finishes exerting her energy in relaying this information.

 

<GM Note: Ur Athal and Hanumal, I'll get you up to the boat soon. I've had a lot going on. I'd rather wait for Osure and Kamar to also come to the boat before proceeding there-after.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanumal and Ur Athal make their way quickly out of the hallway (Magician en-sacked and laden on Ur Athal's broad shoulders), back through the reflection pool area, through the dining hall. As the two warriors from different lands make their way through the dining hall, a dark eye liner ridden slave approaches Ur Athal. "Greetings tall handsome one. A man of your size (looking down towards his nether-region, a slight grin breaking through her lips) could use a refreshing desert before he leaves? The rest of the party has already partaken." She nods side-ways to several other party-goers that have taken these creme filled, confection covered morsels into their mouths. A scantily clad couple, both caressing and staring at each other incessantly walks by, taking off several of the deserts from the tray. Smiling ear to ear, they nod a thank you to the slave girl passing out the desserts. "Someone of your kind may not know that it would be rude to refuse such a Salarvyani treat? No?"

 

Ur Athal's brother Hasdrubal slowly approaches from behind Hanumal and Ur Athal, holding on to a similarly 'en-sacked' and unconscious brigand over his shoulder. "Brother, I am ravished myself.. perhaps one treat will do me good for the trip back to the boat." Hasdrubal quickly snarfs down four of the treats. "Want one brother? They taste like the heavenly gods created them from their bountiful mana."

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Unfortunately Lady I have taken a vow not to partake of liquor or sweets, as they inevitably lead to qualities my Lord Karakan finds displeasing and unfitting for a servant of his. So I must politely and regretfully decline this wondrous pastry which has been offered to me. How fortunate for my brother that he is not likewise burdened by such vows?"

 

[i am on a mission. The sorcerer will be delivered to the ship, and I will not be sidetracked by the weakness of the flesh. Also the fact that we encountered our enemy in an area that was supposed to be safe makes me inclined to question our hosts security measures, and slipping a spy into a house to gather information in the guise of a slave is the oldest trick in the book. I will proceed forward, and keep an eye on my brother in case he takes ill. Ur Athal will never be King of his people if he is conveniently poisoned, Hasdrubal has no such concerns, however losing him again would be displeasing, so I will make sure I place her face in memory should retribution become necessary.]

 

"Come brother, let us go lest our special delivery spoils. We can always return should our friends still be here, and enjoy further treats."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur Athal turns and see's his brother's face a breath's distance away, grinning unnaturally. "Hello... The lights look funny... Wowwwwww....Let me put this sack down." A <thud> rings loud through the dining hall as the body of the ensnared and sacked brigand hits a table, and falls over onto the floor. Several guests look aghast as the body loosens from the rucksack. "I'm hungry." Your brother states with purpose, determination, then he turns and smiles again at you. A look of confusion is turned quickly into elation. "Ur, your face look's funny..." A strong laugh leaves Hasdrubal's scruff domed lips. He starts to massage and reshape your facial muscle to align more appropriately in his vision. "There, that's better... Nope, still funny."

 

The serving girl makes a quick remark... "First time users of Drarsha should take it lighter then your hungry brother. I did not have time to warn him before he grabbed them."

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[i guess I have an extra body to drag to the ship, and I do mean drag.]

 

"I see now why your pastries are so special. Hasdrubal enjoy yourself, you certainly deserve some fun. I will return later to escort you back to the ship, after you are done being festive."

 

[i will proceed with my mission, along with any others who might be joining me. If I am attacked, I will leave the brigand. The sorcerer is rigged in a cocoon of a bag carried on my back cross shoulder, so I can fight if necessary while running. I will pick what appears to be the safest route, and proceed at a quick step. If I am ambushed, I am looking to disengage and run for the ship in order to transfer the prisoner/s]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The night has turned a greyish hue, nearing complete darkness. The early evening's feast is coming to an end. Several guests are seen escorted by guards to their nearby palaces. Three nefarious looking sorts look startled as you exit the palace gateway. Hanumal and Ur Athal cautiously roll the bodies onto a nearby chlen cart provided for by the Cloak Of Azure Gems house-hold guard. The three odd looking passer's by start to talk to one another, and continue down the alleyway (disappearing into the darkness). Ur Athal and Hanumal are given the reins of the cart by the head gaurd who says "Thank you for protecting the Lady Jaluda tonight. I was advised of your group's actions. She may seem frail, and odd, but she has a good soul. May the gods see you to the shores you are looking for. Just leave this cart with the dockmaster, and he will know from it's markings who it belongs to." You both hand lead the cart across into the middle sized house area, then onwards to the outer rim of Chame'el. Half way through the market place, where you originally ran into trouble with Ur Athal's uncle, the three odd looking men appear from a nook near one of the nearby market stalls. The three very large (not N'luss large, but large), sweaty, hairy, Salarvyani men, bristling with crooked swords, quickly move to attack you both from the dark alleyway. <Your senses were keen along the path, and you are not "surprised". Please roll your Acumen for initial intiative, then declare your intentions and supply first round rolls as seen fit.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur Athal's longsword leaps from its scabbard, seeking their blood. I will attempt to guard our unwilling guests, while sending our attackers on their final journey. Efficient parries followed by a blindingly quick double strike should make his life short, for few can stand against the strength of my people, or Lord Karakan's righteous anger. Justice will be done this night, cold and final.

 

[Acumen Results for 3D Wild Die: 3 Die 2: 5 Die 3: 3 Total: 11

Multi Action Penalty -2D

Melee Defense Results for 5D+1 Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 4 Die 3: 3 Die 4: 3 Die 5: 5 Total: 21

Melee Attack 1 Results for 5D+1 Wild Die: 6 Bonus Die: 4 Bonus! Die 2: 4 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 6 Die 5: 2 Total: 28

Damage Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 4 Die 2: 5 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 5 Die 5: 4 Total: 25

Melee Attack 2 Results for 5D+1 Wild Die: 2 Die 2: 6 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 1 Die 5: 2 Total: 17

Damage Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 2 Die 2: 6 Die 3: 1 Die 4: 5 Die 5: 3 Total: 19]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osúre sips chumétl with the nice albino girl and discusses philosophy, possibly while eating a sweetmeat.

 

((I am too amused that I spend a lot of combats hanging out elsewhere.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure & Kamar:

An attendant comes in to change the dressings on Lady Jaluda's leg wound. The blood

looks dark, small green globules appear on the bandage that is removed. As Osure knows too

well in seeing wounds while serving on the Nosalas during battle, this may not bode

well for her leg remaining attached to her body. A woman already scorned throughout life

for her complexion may additionally be scoffed at for being a cripple. As the attendant

cleans the wound area and places a cool wet cloth on the Lady's brow, the lady whispers a

few commands to the slave.

 

The attendent completes her tasks, gathering a new bowl of clean water, a change of clothes

for the lady, and a small tray of food and chmetl drink for her once she has enough

strength to partake.

 

She then approachs Osure stating "The Lady wishes you to see the library. She has advised

me of two books she wishes you to have on loan, as well as a painting you should study. Shall we?"

 

The slave leads you further down the hallway, then a right turn to another hallway made of

interlaced wooden slats. The doorway at the end of the hall is made of dark ebony wood, not

seen in Salarvya from your recollection (must be expensive to have brought here!). She unlocks

the door with a large key, taken from behind her nearly sheer blouse, exposing dark slender

legs in the process. "You and your attendant gaurd" (She nods to Kamar who follows sheepishly

in tow, keeping an eye out for anyone potentially following or hiding in the wings) ".. may stay

and study as long as you like. I will bring the two volumes in question to the desk for you. Also

the Lady thinks you should view the painting at the rear of the book cases."

 

[GM Note: If you both could provide me please - 5 search rolls. There are 4 book shelves, brimming with materials here. As well as several

paintings of note lining the walls. The floor itself includes a large mosaic of tiles as well. Please advise the exact nature of your

activities, including 'where' you'd like to search, etcetera.]

 

@Hanumal and Ur Athal:

 

The Salarvyani scumbag closest in approaching the area of the cart slows, placing an arm out

to stop his two breathren in crime. He slowly gurgles out in passing Tsolyani, "So, a

legionairre of the mighty 2nd seal sits cowering behind a defenseless man? Afraid of us are you?

You have no idea who you are dealing with, or the powers that pay us. YOU drop your weapons, and hand over the men you carry with you."

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Can I roll "Investigaton" for any of these? I had purchased it for things like library reference. Also, with regard to spending experience, how do I learn more spells? Lastly, can I do anything with Healing to help her leg?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<Regarding Investigation, you can definitely use that for perusing the written materials she will bring you. For physical searching the library I'd prefer Search (for anything hidden or otherwise tucked away). For viewing the painting (analyzing it), sure roll Investigation as it's more in line with remembering this that or another. And yes, you can have a go at her leg after this scene. When in doubt, describe what you are looking through or doing and that may take precedence over a dice roll :)>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<Another thing (to all) I purposefully do not describe every nook and cranny in detail. PLEASE ask questions for more details on anything you want to take particular note of. Either in character, or out of character would be fine.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<In response regarding learning of new spells, that will come about from research and/or training. Your investigation of one of the books Lady J is loaning you might answer your question :). It will take some time to properly read over, and "attempt" new spells. Which we can role-play on the Nosalas once you are back there. Much to the chagrin of anyone in the way of your "test runs". :)>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Ok here is one investigation (the painting) and 4 search (by which I mean straight acumen) rolls. I will post actions/reactions tonight when I am home from work: I: 14; S: 11, 9, 7, 14))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamar first scans the room, doing his duty by ensuring there are no hidden assassins, secret doors, or lurking monsters of the tsu'urum waiting to devour his principle. He then idly wanders the library, occasionally nervously pulling a brightly-colored scroll or codex from its place on the shelf, realizing he cannot read it, and replacing it.

 

Kamar's Search (Acumen):

Roll 1: 6, 1, 1, *5 (Wild), = 13.

Roll 2: 5, 4, 1, *6 (Wild) +1 = 17.

Roll 3: 5, 5, 4, *2 (Wild), =16.

Roll 4: 6, 4, 2, *4 (Wild), =16.

Roll 5: 3, 3, 2, *5 (Wild), =13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He slowly gurgles out in passing Tsolyani, "So, a legionnaire of the mighty 2nd seal sits cowering behind a defenseless man? Afraid of us are you? You have no idea who you are dealing with, or the powers that pay us. YOU drop your weapons, and hand over the men you carry with you."

 

Hanumal grins. "I had heard traveler's tales of the legendary stupidity of the Salarvyani. I'm shocked to learn they are true! I cower behind no one - I provide notice that you will not take this one alive. And also, my immense comrade here always makes exceptional use of whatever distractions I provide."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and with this I thrust my sword trough his open mouth. "Speak no more! Your threats are the rantings of a silly child, my thrust is the anger of a righteous god!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure & Kamar:

 

Osure slides past the ancient book casings. Even though they seem centuries old

they are in pristine order and maintenance. The wood, a dark, nearly ebony

hue, but sheer/sheen/glossy to the point of reflecting all around it. The cases

are close to the size of the wood pieces used on the immaculate doorway. A

remarkable specimen. Osure takes note of several volumes of worth as she passes,

but the looming mural on the back wall beckons her eyes to view it. She seems

unnaturally attracted to each and every ounce of paint along the wall's

uneven but beautifully sheen mud and sediment lining.

 

The painting before her is immediately identifiable as depicting the long told

legend of Qiyor the Multi-Tongued, on his voyage to the Isle of the Worlds

on the Demon Plane. The painting reveals much of the deck, an extremely ornate

wooden helm wheel, and Qiyor steering madly through evil winds ; demonic spirits

circling both him and his steel lined ship.

 

50451783.jpg

<GM Note: Not to scale. Just shown to emote the style of ship, but in the case of Qiyor, it is lined in mysterious metals>

 

Upon staring at the painting Osure is sure she hears far off whispers, a muted

shout, the boom of a cannon, wood shattering, all a whisper though. She then stares

even closer at the wooden helm wheel. At the very center of the helm is what looks

to be a wooden box.. "AHAHH!" She thinks. It has the same pattern as the wooden

trinket that the expedition commander had shone the group in the Nosalas' hold.

 

With this realization, she has an eery sense of approaching evil behind her.

 

While Osure stares in wild wonderment at the airship mural, Kamar notices a shimmer

and a shuffle, followed by a very light "skitter" sound on the top of the 3rd bookcase

from the left. <GM Note: when looking into the room from the doorway.>

 

@Hanumal & Ur Athal

 

The talkative Salarvyani goon is talking no more. Ur Athal has clean probed the inside of

his skull to it's rear, making a gaping hole as it exits. The other two men are quickly taken

aback by this gruesome charge. The immense size of the thrusting N'luss warrior finally taking

effect in their brains.

 

As they are 'started' by the attack, an arrow swiftly <Cathunk>s from within the dark shadows

behind the market stalls; landing right next to Hanumal on the chlen cart's side. It protrudes

from the cart's wooden side rail immediately to the left of the ensnared sorcerer's exposed head.

If someone was aiming at Hanumal they were not trained very well.

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You seek to kill our prize, but this time there is no escape for him or you. Make peace with your demonic gods in the remaining seconds of your lives!!!"

 

With that Ur Athal rushes the other two swordsmen seeking their lives in a whirl of steel, while keeping an eye out for errant arrows.

 

[Multi Action Penalty -2D

Dodge Defense Results for 4D Wild Die: 6 Bonus Die: 3 Bonus! Die 2: 5 Die 3: 6 Die 4: 6 Total: 26

Melee Attack 1 Results for 5D+1 Wild Die: 2 Die 2: 4 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 4 Die 5: 1 Total: 17

Damage Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 3 Die 2: 5 Die 3: 1 Die 4: 3 Die 5: 3 Total: 17

Melee Attack 2 Results for 5D+1 Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 6 Die 3: 1 Die 4: 2 Die 5: 6 Total: 21

Damage Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 2 Die 2: 3 Die 3: 1 Die 4: 5 Die 5: 3 Total: 16]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...