Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Winds Of Salarvya : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 2

Recommended Posts

Kamár smirks behind his smirking mask. "So the Salarvyáni decided to show their true colors, eh?" he whispers as he climbs up the wall. "Let's see what color their guts bleed, shall we?"

 

He nocks an arrow, then quirks an eyebrow as he notes that he cannot see his point to aim. Shrugging, he aims by feel instead....

 

Kamár's Marksmanship (4D): 4,2,1 +5 (Wild)=12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<GM Note: Very good posts. Let me gather myself this morning and I'll wait on additional posting by Hanumal before replying. Just FYI that the grouping of the sorcerer and his goons will be a little scattered by the time your group gets to that area. You should be able to pull off everything you state above though. And Danielle, with that roll, I don't expect the beasts to be able to ignore your dominance :)>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

azureundera.png

(created with a simple tool called "Gridmapper", available here)

 

The invisible Osure and Kamar are first to enter the room which contains the sorcerer, his three brigand friends, and the three Hyahyu'u. The three Hyahyu'u are struck into a frenzy by Osure's zoic dominance. They attack the nearest person, which happens to in each case be their brigand handler. Kamar let's loose an arrow towards the sorcerer. As the enemy group is taken entirely by surprise the arrow finds it's mark piercing the upper right of the sorcerer's torso. A shriek rings through the large room as the sorcerer pulls and tugs at the arrow sticking from his gaping chest.

 

<GM Note: Hanumal's invisibility had warn off just before the group attack ensues. Both Ur Athal and Hanumal may now enter the fray as it was assumed they were taking up the rear behind Osure to let her do her magic unimpeded. This is now the start of round 2, and you will still have a bonus to initiative. Please provide your intended actions in round 2. The brigands will have a heck of a time getting any attacks on you as they are busy fending off the attacking beasts. Please note on the map that the room with the brigands is marked with the letter "A". Your group came onto the map from far off to the RIGHT side of the map area. The area of the fallen bridge and the library room above it on the precipice are not pictured on the map. Please note that this is not the entirety of the map of the immediate area. I just wanted to give you a basic idea of the room involved in relationship to the longer hallway and paths taken from the RIGHT side of the map to it's center. MAP SCALE: 1 grid square = 5' x 5'. The room the enemy group are in is 20' x 20'>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...Kamár will want to strike at the enemy while protecting Osúre. He will stand in front of her and fire arrows as long as there are no melee combatants from his side in the field of fire; primary target is the spellcaster. If the rush of his friends into the fray, or the risk of hitting one of the dominated animals, makes this impossible, he will draw his sword and protect Osúre, striking only at those enemies who come close to the priestess.

 

(I never spent XP for Kamár, so I would like to increase his Marksmanship by +1 for 4 XP and his Charm by +1 for 2 XP, leaving one XP unspent).

 

Kamár's Marksmanship (4D+1): 3, 4, 2, +4 (Wild) + 1 = 14

Kamár's Melee Combat (4D+1): use the same roll for Melee if he uses that instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<GM Note: Just a quick note that we will be expending the character points once we are back (and if we make it alive to) the Nosalas>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[i want to charge in, grab the sorcerer and put him in a sleeper hold, but I am unsure about exactly how his minions are positioned. Is this a feasible action, without incurring too much danger to myself, or should I just try to hack him into pieces?]

 

<GM NOTE: I'll work in your intent above into what you finally decide to do; based upon any changes in the situation as the enemy begins actions.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having helped tip the balance with her spells, Osure is uninterested in risking her life in combat.

"Kamar, I shall return to my patient and await your return"

 

On round 2 she will start heading back to the fallen section, where she will sit down and keep an eye on the Lady and the guardsman.

 

((Please excuse any tardiness in posting, I am traveling for work))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamar slides in to the torchlit room half-way on his knees. Scraping himself in the process, but allowing his two sword-wielding com padres to enter the fray safely. Kamar is able to get off another shot at the sorcerer, getting another arrow into the evil-doer's left leg. The sorcerer buckles and shrieks. He is able to emote some words, and move his working arm quickly to send forth a greyish circle of smoke, which rises quickly towards Kamar. Ur Athal in the mean time is able to successfully slip behind the injured sorcerer, applying a grappling move upon him. As he grapples the evil stooge his concentration breaks, and the circle of grey smoky haze dissipates and flys safely over Kamar's head. As Ur Athal grapples the man into submission, Hanumal quickly thrusts his sword into the mans right thigh, wanting to wound him to the point of passing out for the sake of eking out information from the man. Hanumal removes the sword out of the leg, then makes a rolling attack towards the nearest brigand, slicing into that man's leg, allowing the dominated beast to gnash it's teeth upon his arm, yanking and pulling on the brigands appendage. Blood spurts along Hanumal's right cheek from the squirting arm.

 

<GM Note: Start of "Round 3". I'll try and post daily until this particular scene is over with, which at this rate will be soon. If any of you want to ADJUST what I've stated above, let me know in private message please. This coming round, I'll want Acumen rolls from everyone for factoring into initiative, at this point the surprise is no longer present. Osure slowly but surely makes her way back to the bridge-way collapse area. Osure can either go back down into the crevace or wait higher upon a ledge for protection sake. At this point, I don't think I need to map out this room in detail with positions, but if it comes to it, I'm willing to. Just let me know which of the 3 brigands you are attacking. The one Hanumal attacked we can label Brigand one. Two more are un-injured in the room but fending off the beasts attacking them.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[i continue pressing making sure the sorceror passes out. In the meantime I will use him as a meat shield should any of his compatriots swing my way. :)]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<GM Note: Ok, hold further posts. Gathering results for this "Round 3". Just a note that it is always assumed (for both enemy and friendlies alike) that everyone WILL attempt a Dodge, Parry or Block as needed. If the sides are both combat trained, I will just give that one freebie combat action to avoid always having to compute multi actions for what is always assumed to be that simple effort to avoid getting hit by both the good guys and baddies. The first two combat rounds, I did not give that freebie to the enemy as they were caught completely off-guard by your attack. They only received the passive defense target (10). Just fyi after the fact.

 

For Hanumal, I'm assuming you will still press the attack on one or both of the remaining un hurt 'brigands'. Ur Athal, it's assumed you will continue this round to make the sorcerer go to sleep Macho Man Randy Savage (R.I.P.) style. And Kamar, is leaving the scene quickly to protect Osure and company back at the not-so-accident scene.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<GM NOTES:

Initial Round 3 update:

-Brigand 1 has been killed by the Hyahyu'u attacking him. That Hyahyu'u is now free to frenzy against (and yes I rolled for this), Hanumal(Apparently you look tastier then the enemy). Brigands 2 and 3 are alive, and both have killed the Hyahyu'u attacking them. Both remaining Brigands are slightly injured.

-Order of actions : Ur Athal, Brigand 2, Brigand 3, Hanumal, frenzied Hyahyu'u

-The sorcerer is now unconscious, and will remain as such for 3 combat rounds forwards (and as such incapable of performing spells against the group). Next round, Ur Athal is there-fore allowed to release him and make other actions.

Please provide attack rolls for Hanumal's sword attack or attacks. It will be assumed Hanumal will attack the Hyahyu'u making his way to charge/attack him, and perhaps a second slash at "Brigand 2"? There would be one D worth of penalty for each as such. Please confirm what you would like to do Hanumal. Ur Athal and Hanumal remain unscathed. Regards.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur Athal successfully puts a sleeper hold on the sorcerer (the sorcerer will be out cold for 3 combat rounds). Hanumal strikes at the charging Hyahyu'u, causing stun damage to the creature. He additionally slices at one of the sorcerers goons (Brigand 2), but the enemy successfully parries the attack.

 

<GM Note: We are now at the beginning of "Round 4". Ur Athal is free to act now on other attacking beast or goon alike. Please supply a Acumen roll, and declare any attack actions (with rolls supplied please). Also if for some reason you want to do a FULL Dodge, let me know as well; and give me a Dodge roll and/or Parry roll (as needed) preemptively. Please recall that I give both friend and enemy alike a "free single action" (at no penalty) for defensive measures. Any additional rolls you think I might need as well, based upon your intent.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Am reading with amusement, but haven't time to post, which is partly why I had my non-combatant leave combat.

Let me know if anyone tries to attack our hostess))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop the sorcerer like a sack of potatoes, and draw the big bad longsword attempting to cut the nearest brigand. I wont wander far from the sorcerer since he might awaken and require further tender ministrations.

 

[Acumen 3D Results for 3D Wild Die: 3 Die 2: 6 Die 3: 2 Total: 11,

Melee 7D+1 Results for 7D+1 Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 6 Die 3: 6 Die 4: 5 Die 5: 3 Die 6: 2 Die 7: 4 Total: 32 for defense

Melee 6D+1 Results for 6D+1 Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 3 Die 3: 4 Die 4: 5 Die 5: 5 Die 6: 1 Total: 24 for attack

Damage 5D+2 Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 6 Bonus Die: 2 Bonus! Die 2: 5 Die 3: 4 Die 4: 3 Die 5: 4 Total: 26]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur Athal takes a longsword slice at Brigand#2. He successfully hits the enemy, who appears to be wounded in the process. Hanumal slams the head of the attacking Hyahyu'u knocking it cold. He uses an upward motion to slice up the chest of Brigand#2, leaving the enemy severely wounded. Shock sets in and the Brigand #2 is now incapacitated on the ground. The enemy sorcerer remains unconscious. Brigand#2 before going out took a slice at Hanumal, but it was parried successfully in the exchange. Brigand #3 lunges at Ur Athal, who successfully parries the attack.

 

<GM Note: To speed this up...>

 

Ur Athal and Hanumal quickly mop the floor with the remaining enemy brigand, he is left cleaved across the left shoulder by Hanumal for the death blow.

 

<GM Note: You are now in a 20'x20' room with one unconscious sorcerer, one unconscious brigand, two dead brigands, and three dead Hyahyu'u. What will you do now?>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tie up the sorcerer, gag him, blindfold him, and stick a sack on his head. Repeat this process with the remaining brigand. Search all of them for any intelligence, or otherwise valuable loot. Pay attention to any coinage, specifically where it is from. Begin the process of recovering the ladies. Get one of the guards to run ahead to get a litter and medical assistance for the injured lady of their house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur Athal and Hanumal bind both the sorcerer and remaining goon to the point of their barely being able to breath through their make-shift trappings. In searching the brigand, you only find two partially hidden daggers attached to the back of his chlen hide boots (of reasonable quality). The sorcerer has only what appears to be trinkets, powders and such that are used in ritual magic. Both are carrying only a modicum of Salarvyani coinage. After you bring the two enemies near the Ladies and Kamar, you sit them down hard. Extracting all of the goods from the Sorcerer and bringing them to Osure's attention, the priestess notes the makings of the Silver Halo Of Soul Stealing.

 

The guards are sent off to obtain a litter and proper bandaging and accoutrements to bring the Lady Jaluda safely back to the palace for proper healing. They return much more swiftly now that the area is clear of enemies. Four guards in all return, and aid you in returning the Lady Jaluda to her room. Osure is invited inside by the Lady. Jaluda confides.... "Why are you here priestess of the blue? What has brought your group to Salarvya? Perhaps, even in my weakened state, I could help you? I am sorry I could not bring you to the books and relics I wished to show you. Thank you for healing me after our fall."

 

The rest of the group remains outside, with the bound brigand and sorcerer slowly waking up and attempting to break free of their bondage (unsuccessfully). The 'Princess' Bsuha hiSsánmirim arrives on the scene, with both the Captain of the Nosalas, and the commander of the expedition.

 

<GM Note: You are now all back inside the Cloak Of Azure Gems clan palace main buildings. I will describe the immediate area as needed.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Honored Lord, we have captured the accursed sorcerer responsible for the deviltry which has occurred tonight. Surely the gods have smiled upon us tonight for as fate would have it this sorcerer is the same as he who summoned the dread demon Gashtene to attack the Nosalas not long ago. His mind surely holds many secrets about our enemies, secrets awaiting the tender ministrations of those far more skilled at making such as he sing truth. What is your wish in this matter noble lord?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanumal looks to Ur Athal, and realizes to his surprise that he is the one being questioned.

 

"I think it unlikely that he would be here without the knowledge of our hosts above. We should bring him back to the Nosalas for more questions. How, though, shall we get him there? We could fight our way out, but that would assuredly give great offense to our noble hostess."

 

((Sorry, been insanely busy. Hopefully things will now slow down a little.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Just trying to make you look good in front of the Commander of the Expedition, I think it is better if outsiders think my brother and I are just big dumb barbarians. Though if you did not show up it would have done just as well for the Commander, though then more attention would be directed my way. Hope things calm down a bit for you.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Perhaps he would make a good cell-fellow for our existing captive in the Nosalas' hold? Yes my lord? (winking slightly to Hanumal) We have someone on board who should be able to extract further information from this .. man....If we bind his arms behind him with iron shackles, which we have already procured for safely transporting the other cellmate, he should not be able to bring forth a Chri-fly let alone the immortal fiend Gashtene." 'Commander' Jathali pipes in.

 

The Captain of the Nosalas makes his way over to the Princess Bsuha, touching her right arm, saying in a knowing tone, "Are you ok? We had heard there was an accident of some sort? Is your sister safe?" Everyone in the group looks at one another with swift glances, even the Commander, as someone of the Captain's status should not speak let alone touch someone of her Clan status with such equality of tone.

 

She notices the group's stares, and quickly says "I am fine Captain. And with thanks to your fellow voyagers here, my frail sister Jaluda should recover very quickly. Her, birth ailment of paleness if you will, has made her very strong in other aspects."

 

The Captain Aljari backs away quickly. "My lady, that is wonderful news..." He bows slowly, showing proper form finally. "Hanumal, Ur Athal, and your brother <GM Note: Hasdrubal Athal is the name of Ur's brother> follow the Commander and myself back to the ship with these captives. Perhaps your priestess friend and her protector can stay and chat with the Lady Jaluda more before returning tonight to the Nosalas? We leave early tomorrow morning. The ship should be fully repaired and stocked by morning for the next leg of our voyage."

 

<GM NOTE, you may role-play going to the Nosalas and any necessary stops you wish to take as a character to obtain items, or the like. You are provided a chlen and cart to transport the two prisoners back to the Nosalas. You could load it with other goods if you wish as well along the way back to ship. At this point, you may utilize the character points previously provided. UPDATE: Checking back in the thread, you were awarded 7 character points for character advancements. IF you have any questions about advancements, PM or email me.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...