Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Winds Of Salarvya : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 2

Recommended Posts

Kamár, tentatively satisfied with his principal's status, shakes his aching head and tries to get his bearings.

 

Kamár's Search (4D): 4,6,6 +2 (Wild) (total 18)

Kamár's Traps (3D): 3,3 +5 (Wild) (total 11)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure, I added a quick comment to your post. Provide one HEALING roll please.

 

@Kamar, It takes a couple minutes game time but you do find a set of boot tracks that leads to the area of the bridge. The tracks were very hastily swatted with a foot or stick. Not the skillful back-tracker this person was. You were not able to find any other physical evidence close to point where you all fell from. There is just too much loose stone rubble and moved dust in the crevace you find yourself in now.

 

-One of the 4 gaurds that had travelled with you is quite definitely DEAD. A stone crushed his skull outright during the fall. One other is stunned, another wounded, the last relatively un-scathed other then scratched as all get all.

 

@Ur Athal - your brother is stunned.

 

Let's wait on the others to reply before we get ahead too much.

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking to himself, "Well the guard won't be needing that sword anymore, or any other useful weaponry which happens to be on him..." Replace my acquired butterknife with some real weaponry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure, check one of my last replies. (yesterday 11:18PM Eastern) I had added in a comment on the Lady's perceived condition there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gritting her teeth, Osure hauls herself up, and manages to hop to the Lady Jaluda's side, where she greatfully collapses down again. Immediately she begins to listen for breath.

 

((I got a 13 on my medicine roll of 5D+1 -1D for injury, to Heal Jaluda first. I'll keep, but I want to make sure she doesn't die. After that Osure will bind up her own wounds and splint her ankle using costume pieces. I got an 18 on that healing roll. Those two actions should take me a few minutes, but I thought I would project out into the future since I will be at work for the next few hours))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<GM Note: Just a quick note that I will eventually update your body points on your respective sheets online once the dust settles here. Literally.. >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure, You have successfully brought yourself up to a Stunned status (after several minutes time to perform the actions necessary, as you stated). You have additionally brought the Lady Jaluda up from Incapacitated to Severely Wounded status.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hanumal: You were stunned by the fall, you should recover within two "rounds". As the group is likely awaiting Osure to do initial Healing skill on herself as well as Lady Jaluda, you should be fine by the time you all get moving.

 

@Kamar; Whilst continuing your tracking in the immediate area, you are able to follow the track to the "East" tunnel-way. (I'm using relative directions here as you have no idea what is "North" at this point. As you follow along that tunnel a short bit, you see a shadow shrink further down the dimly lit hallway. Someone runs quickly away.

 

@All: You may offer further suggested immediate actions at this time. If I don't see replies within 24 hours, I'll move us forwards, NPC'ing as/if needed (in particular for Hanumal who does not have full access to the net at this time). At some point tonight, i'll edit your sheets, but none of you are in any danger of falling back further into a Wounded status. The Lady Jaluda is in no current condition to move 20 ft skyway up the backs of two sweaty N'luss :). Now, she could be left with a couple of her unscathed guards until better grappling equipment could be attained to help get her out safely. If you all could please re-iterate your next few rounds worth of intentions to me, I'd appreciate it. (in light of seeing Kamar track steps out of the area for example).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár looks up from the tracks in the dust, and scans the room and his memory for the locations of any and all weapons. [[Are we armed at all, or, as Ur Uthal noted, are we in dinner clothing, with no armor or weapons?]]

 

"Thank the Lord of the Blue Shadows you are well enough to call upon the wisdom of Lord Ksárul to heal our hurts, honoured priestess!" he states loudly.

 

He kneels down next to the injured princess and begins to offer his prayers, mumbling to himself the catechisms he learned as a boy, offering thanks to the Prince of the Blue Room and His Black Angel.

 

Sotto voce, he offers in rapid, sing-song Tsolyani, attempting to conceal his words as merely more pious mumbling, "Otuléngba, all hail, let us now offer thanks to the Lord of Wisdom who shields us from our enemies who have cast us into the pit, knocking away the foundations of our faith and scuttling away into the darkness, lo, unto the east, at the right hand of the Forest Lord, surely our enemies seek to blind our eyes and crush our spirits, but we can and must conceal our powers and numbers from their ever-watching eyes, O Blue Lord!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ALL: Good question. (And nice post by the way) You have basic chlen hide swords, from the 'staging' area. OF course, Hanumal likely has his own sword. Any anyone else could have requested to bring their own equipment as well. There would have been time to request that. Summary: You may have your own weapons, OR the simple ones available when you first entered the catacombs. Also, I'm a little under the weather, so if anything is utterly loopy in my posts (or MORE loopy then usual :)) I'll edit to fix as needed.

 

@Misc: Also of note, the lady will be more then happy to give over one of the gaurds she brought with her to help you all navigate back to the surface, or onward towards the library/catacomb room she originally was going to mention. Now, that person LIKELY would not know their way around the local tunnels and passageways that run off this hole/cravace you've found yourselves in.

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osúre blinks at this intelligence, unsure what to do.

"Lady Jaluda cannot be moved without a sling being lowered down to her." she announces to the group.

"Ur Athal, could you and your brother boost two of the guards up so that they may go get help while we wait with the Lady?"

 

((If the group agrees to the idea of sending the guards back. Osúre will cast Invisibility upon them, so that they will be harder to way-lay))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My brother and I stand ready to aid in any way possible, whether it is as a ladder to aid the injured, or to assist in tracking down any parties responsible for our current predicament."

 

[i am assuming I have my stuff with me and am ready to roll onwards like the onslaught of a particularly peevish storm.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanumal and one of the Lady Jaluda's guards agree to return to the palace for additional cloth,rope (etc.) to help pull up the Lady Jaluda without causing further injury. Ur Athal and his brother form a N'luss ladder (watch where you put your feet!) which allows for Hanumal and the other guard to exit to obtain help. This leaves Kamar attending to the side of Lady Jaluda and Osure. The N'luss brothers jump back down and all are awaiting the return of Hanumal with help. <GM Note: If you wish to act additionally/or alternatively, reply with notes of intent.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osure casts invisibility on Hanumal and the guard in case someone attempts to waylay them. ((11 on both rolls))

 

"Remember, you will not be able to see eachother, so be careful. The spell will wear off shortly after you reach the surface."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár, under the pretense of tending to the wounded princess, whispers to Osúre, "We should prepare for ambush, honoured priestess. No doubt whoever knocked us in here will return to finish us off. Should I tell the others?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. As we are all in this boat together, the sharing of information relevant to our survival seems prudent. Do you think we are currently watched? I can protect myself from physical attack, but the casting of the spell will be obvious to onlookers. . ."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hanumal -

While still invisible, Hanumal and the lone guard (sounds like a strange Tekumelish western show), move down a long hallway, and see a doorway to their right slightly illuminated. They stop their quick movement to the exit, as not to make a shuffling noise past the entryway. They peer around the corner, and see (approximately 20 feet away) the ghastly appearance of the One Armed priest they had the pleasure of meeting back on the turtle ship which attacked the Nosalas. He seems older, decrepit, ghostly even. More so then you recall from before. Several bandits are with him, as well as three larger then normal, particularly ravenous looking Hyahyu'u held back by an attending bandit via chain leashes.

 

@The Others - Kamar no longer sees any illuminated shadows or further tracks regarding the figure seen down the East hallway in question. No additional surprises in the immediate area of the crevace you find yourselves in. There is only the expected mix of stone dust and dampness in the air. Upon closer examination, there is a similar crevace/pit area on the "other side" the collapsed bridge (beyond several feet stacked worth of fallen stone/debris). That area, from a cursory look at this distance has only two exits, one south, and one east. (I'll try and post a paint.exe sketch of how this all looks soon as addendum for a better visual).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the risk of being boring I think Osure wants to sit tight and see if Hanumal returns with help. If we hear fighting or are ourselves attacked that might change, but right now she's waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal will prod his invisible companion and whisper "We may need the others. Go back, alert them. Quietly. I'll keep watch on the enemy."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The inviso-guard makes his way back slowly, taking extra care not to fall flat on his face, nor to make too much noise as he fuddles and fidgets between protruding rocks, un-even floors, two bridge ways, a hallway of very little light, finally towering over the group from above. The guard takes a small rock, and hits Ur Athal on his shoulder, who looks up towards the direction of the invisible guard. "Hey. Large one... Make your ladder once more, we must speak of impending attack..." Ur Athal and his brother make the N'luss ladder once more. As he is brought down, he tells the tale of the one-armed sorcerer, and his bandit droogs. Ending with... "Kasi Hanumal thinks he will need assistance in attending to this brutish brood that looks to await to pounce upon our group. I could stay and protect the Lady Jaluda, as well as my compatriot guards, if you wish to help your friend."

 

<GM Note: All replies welcome now. If you need anything in the area detailed, just let me know here or via private message. The guard should be able to give you straight forward enough directions to get to the place Hanumal was left by his lonesome.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Come let us streak to the aid of our companion like a divine wind of righteous vengeance; it will be GLORIOUS!!! Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha! Come my brother Hasdrubal, Lord Karakan is with us. Victory or Death shall be our bedmates tonight! Give your belts noble guards so I may fashion a rope. If any wish to join us in glory feel free to climb across our backs. Come Hasdrubal let us form a ladder and allow any who wish to aid us to climb up first. Then I will need a running boost. Once I am up there I shall lower the rope of belts and pull you up."

 

[Acrobatics or Climbing 4D = Results for 4D Wild Die: 4 Die 2: 1 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 5 Total: 15]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osure stares at her patient, but grimaces at the mention of Hyahyu'u. That tears it. "Lady, I will return shortly. Guardsman, do not under any circumstance short of death move her. Noble Nhluss, please boost my temple guard and myself up to the ledge, but do not charge into the room until you hear my signal. You shall know it. Forgive my taking liberties in giving you orders when I know little of battle, but I know a lot about beasts"

 

She takes Kamár's hand and casts invisibility on them both. "Follow behind me and rain down death." She then moves down the hall until she can see the room and one of the guards within and lets loose a ritual spell designed to send the Hyahyu'u into a raging fury, attacking indiscriminately.

 

((I got a 9 to make Kamar and Osure invisible

I got a 32 on area affect zoic domination to turn the three Hyahyu'u on their handlers and anyone else in the room with an 'attack' command: W was 6+6+6+6+4, other dice were 2, 2, +1 -- I laughed at the pointlessly re-rolling wild die on a basic spell. At least the sorcerer won't be able to counter it. Those are going to be some seriously pissed/dominated beasties.

Also, I have now cast 2 invisibilities and a zoic domination. Am out out of Pedhetl? If not, how many spells do I have left in me?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((My husband just pointed out that "mr" next to a spell means the creatures get a magic resistance roll. So I am glad I rolled that 32 after all.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...