Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Winds Of Salarvya : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 2

Recommended Posts

Osúre nods and begins to follow Hanumal from a distance. She motions Kamar to take the lead, and grabs the hand of her slave girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in quick reply mode, excuse the brevity..

 

@Osure / Kamar - You do note that Hanumal's bleeding is more then would be desirable for the trip to the Nosalas. You will be able to do some rudimentary bandaging and healing with the small amount of herbs and spices you might have on you at the time or found in a nearby merchant stall.

 

@Hanumal - You will be fine by dinner's time. You had not suffered a great deal of body point damage, but as with any wound, however superficial, you will still want to be looked after by Osure up until you all leave for the gala. By morning's time, after a full night sleep, you will be back up to full body points. From now until morning, you are "Stunned" for rolling sake.

 

@Ur Athal - You stop the slaver outside of the arena pit. He looks you over, "hrrrrrmph. Come with me, I will give hand over your brother." Without much resistance, the slaver does as he says. Your brother is taken out of the make-shift cage cart, and you are allowed to take him with you.

 

GM NOTE: I will post again late tonight with an intro to the gala. I've not had a lot of time today to post more appropriately. Feel free to fill in the blanks from now until I post the entrance into the gala's festivities at the Cloak Of Azure Gems beach-front palace. Of note, this is a "summer getaway" for that clan. A secondary but still immense palace that members of the clan are allowed to time-share basically as desired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((OOC: I am happy to skip ahead to the gala, but were you going to get back to me on the results of my researches? (see above post)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will quickly catch up to Hanumal and make sure none interfere with his progress (I am fully armed and armored since I expected trouble from the beginning), my brother in tow. [Obviously I want to catch up with him, let me know where and when would be a good time]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure - Just a quick note that you were successful in finding some intel during your research. (nothing ground-shaking, but potentially useful) I will incorporate that into my intro towards the gala (which I'm still typing now..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure - There are three words you've been successful (thus far, you may continue at additional libraries or temples throughout the trip) at translation, using cross-references of both your Bednalljan and the Tongue of the Priests of Ksarul. Those words are "Orb", "Air" and "Ship". These were derived from the rough scribble of the markings on the "map" relic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group makes their way back to the Nosalas with the same level of relief they had when originally making landfall. In a short period of time, you have learned to love the embrace of the ocean’s mist. Problems seem more immediate on the deck of a ship, even if at the end of a demon’s tentacle.

 

Osure takes Hanumal to a make-shift cot on deck she previously used during the battle. Clean bed clothes having been placed before helping Hanumal to his resting spot. The fresh sea air would do him well during his immediate recovery from battle. She performs further first aid to Hanumal, and re-dressing the small but gaping wound on his side. Hanumal gives a thankful look to Osure, an un-spoken bond seems to be growing between the entire group.

 

As dusk arrives, Hanumal awakes. Osure checks and re-dresses the wound, which appears to start healing properly. The group slowly gets dressed for the gala at the Cloak Of Azure Gems. The captain of the Nosalas, Aljari, joins you all on your trek to the central area of Chame’el; as does the ‘commander’ of the expedition Jathali. Ur Athal, seems uncomfortable in the clothes that Barrel Of Swords appropriated for him, but he is thankful they got the size right. It looks like two shirts were ripped apart and quickly sewn back together to make a larger garment; but the work seems acceptable for such a quick turn-around. Kamar closely follows Osure, their growing friendship expressed in knowing glances as they make their way throw the city’s lanes. Ur Athal's brother, having had a much needed rest, and given simple but ornate garb, also joins the group for the gala. There has not been much time to speak of his where-abouts for many seasons past. You both agreed to chat more after the gala.

 

As you make your way closer to the inner-most area of the bustling coastal city, the smells of over-spiced foods, excrement and garbage slowly disappear. You make your way down the road that has the largest villas and palaces around, and quickly you take note of the largest of all, a white solid brick and mortar structure, with gilded onion top towers, jutting above the rest. The writing on one of the towers clearly depicts the Cloak Of Azure Gems.

 

You make your way to the front gate of the palace, and three guards quickly approach your group. The captain Aljari jumps in front, speaking in the ear of who appears to be the ‘captain of the guard’. The guard’s leader quickly approaches the door, opening it for the group to enter the Palace.

 

You are greeted inside by the attendant who originally spoke to Hanumal about the gala. “Greetings to you, those of unabashed fortitude and saving grace. The Princess Bsuha hiSsánmirim welcomes you to her family’s second home here in Chame’el. Dinner will be served in a Kiren’s time. Until then, let me escort you around the palace to show you the wonders of this very old but loving abode.

 

You are completely amazed at the level of craftmanship around every corner. You do see many attendees, but in having to keep up with the older but apparently virile attendant, you cannot stop for long to gaze or chat.

 

<GM NOTE: Some ambiance photos are below. Please note, in the last pic, yes replace those with candle lights! Feel free to post character reactions or actions. I'll do another post late tonight with the dinner itself. >

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/1290/cloakofazuregems1.jpg

 

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8295/cloakofazuregems2.jpg

 

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4331/cloakofazuregems3.jpg

 

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2329/cloakofazuregems4.png

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Osure, if you could provide me please a roll for Intellect and a roll for Investigation I would appreciate it; via reply here or PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Int and Investigate are both 5D for me Investigation: (W6, W4, 6,6,2,5=29) Int: (W1, 4,5,2,5=17)

One crit success and one crit failure. so that's amusing))

Edited by Danielle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ashlingb.jpg

 

As the group heads through the area with the wading / reflection pool (as depicted somewhat in one of the ambiance pictures, review the 4th one) She looks backwards quickly as they are hurried through in the opposite direction towards the open area at the center of the palace. In a nook towards the rear is a large golden edifice of an orb, very nearly identical to the one she was provided in her vision with the Lady Aletheya back in Jakalla.

 

<GM Note: It is an inlaid golden depiction of the orb and not the orb itself. The above beautiful painting (see http://www.donatoart.com/gallery.html for source of painting) is a closer depiction of the craftsmanship of the palace. The ambiance photos I gave did not do it proper justice. And yes, this is a huge piece of sculpture that all in the group would likely have noticed, but only Osure recalls distinctly from her vision of Ksarul.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osúre notes the depiction of the orb with some startlement. She turns to Kamar and in a casual voice, while waving a finger languidly in its direction whispers in the manner of a light confidence about the decor, "Do you remember the fine image we saw in the home of Lady Aletheya? I do believe that is its twin." Mentally she makes a note to return and examine the thing once the party has descended into drunkenness and her curiosity will be less remarked upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár will attempt to examine the image in question while appearing to stare ahead, bored. (I'm not sure what skill, if any, he would use to validate Osuré's impression; let me know if there's one which is appropriate, and he will confirm or deny as appropriate).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<GM Note: For clarity sake, the orb depicted on the wall is strikingly similar to the orb that Lord Ksarul showed you within what you believed at the time to be the Blue Room ; within the vision that was presented to you by Lady Aletheya. It was not a physical picture at Lady Aletheya's abode. Feel free to slightly correct above as needed. Of course you can retro inject that Kamar was relayed this information as well if you wish. It is not far-fetched at all that you would have further relayed the vision to Kamar in private on the voyage here to Chame'el. I'll quickly move to the dinner otherwise. No further need for replies unless you wish to interject anything additionally by the time I post again.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((OOC: Yes I know, my character was using a metaphor to get her point across to Kamar without saying anything that would seem out of place to eavsdroppers. She was disguising a comment about a holy vision as a comment on art, because our temple is sneaky that way, and there are "outsiders" aboot))

 

<GM Note: Ahah. As you were then..:)>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The aged attendant quickly gathers the group, moving to and through a massive garden found in the center open-roofed square of the Cloak Of Azure Gems grand temple. Fauna from the five empires intermingles with large stone statues of famous members of the clan, dead or living alike. This family must be proud of itself considering the number of statues dotting it’s grounds. Several rare and colorful birds are seen frolicking about the greenery.

 

A virtual paradise within a paradise, you could find yourselves wanting to waste hours relaxing in this area, if the attendant did not interrupt your virtual dream-like repose with a quick chirp: “Our temple’s 4th meal is due to be served very soon. We should make our way into the banquet hall.”

 

As the group makes it’s way into the main banquet hall, the Princess and her retinue is seen moving also to the main entrance-way. She barks quickly at her attendants, telling them to stop. “Greetings my saviors. It makes me very happy that you have been able to attend.” The grey haired servant that had walked you about wears a scowl across her aged brow and lips. She is visibly perturbed that the highness would speak openly to those of your statures. The Princess Bsuha hiSsánmirim approaches the group, closer then likely she has ever been to people of your status. “Please, at least in private company, you may call me friend. After all, you have all saved my life and most definitely the lives of your captain and commanders after all?" She gives a knowing look to the Captain. A smile broadens even wider as she glances at him, quickly diverting away, taking the time to chat to Kamar... “And you darkened Tsolyani. Where do you hail from with such fine sunned skin and steadfast demeanor?”

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár twitches his head back and forth very slightly, like a trapped animal seeking a way out of a circle of rényu. Deciding that to say nothing at all would be a graver insult than opening his bumpkin mouth, he pitches his voice low and speaks with his best Urmicháni (note: what the Butrusséne call easterners, i.e. regular Tsolyáni) accent,

 

"I am no one of consequence, O Wondrous Lady of Gentle Glory. A humble guardsman from the far west of the Seal Imperium, from Pán Cháka. Our blood is mingled with that of the Mu'ugalavyáni to our west, and so our skins are ruddier. I am a guardian of this noble lady," he motions towards his principal with a half-bow, "hight Osúre hiKétkolel of the clan of Great Stone, and it is to her, a scholar and sorceress of no small renown, to whom a great and puissant lady of noble bearing and family like yourself should direct her questions. Alas, a humble soldier like myself can supply the merest tidbits of knowledge, while the puissant mystic Osúre offers a feast fit for kings."

 

He hopes his teeth have not chattered as he utters this fulsome praise. He does not want to attract the whimsical and fleeting attentions of the high and mighty, preferring simply to complete his assigned task and return home safe from bored princesses and intriguing dukes and captains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Princess nods to Osure. “Greetings tùsmishán. Your beautiful protector (a quick blushing smile towards Kamar) seems to think highly of you exalted priestess of the great one. Perhaps his love making matches his beautiful looks? I hope you enjoy your stay tonight at our..” looking at the ornate walls and trapping, “humble.. clanhouse. Don’t let the surroundings fool you. Our family and servants are all quite jovial and will show you all the hospitality your recent service has duly deserved. Now, as you put on your mask priestess, we shall put on our true Tsolyani faces and attend the banquet. Enjoy yourselves. Perhaps I can chat with your large friends some time after the banquet festivities, privately of course.”

 

The Princess and her retinue stand taller and firm their back lines. They make their way down the center processional to the ornate chairs set in front of all of the low-seated guests. In a nod to Salarvyani eating habits, the chairs are grouped into virtual table settings. A small circular table of brightly colored foods, vegetables, and decorate sand paintings are quickly positioned (rolled) in front of them all. You enter well after the princess, allowing for the Princess to be seated well before entering the room as not to show up her procession.

 

Your group is guided by attendants to a table set aside for your exalted group. Of course, you are no further to the table then any of the middle class clan members of the group, but several ornate paintings and special ferns and fauna adorn your table, as an extra gesture by the Clan due to the Princess’ regard for your group. Both the Captain and Commander of the expedition take the closest seats towards the princess. They begin to chat on the remaining preparations for departure from Chame’el. Mid-conversation, all are interrupted with a loud Gonnnngggg. signifying the begining the formal meal. The Princess and her attendant clan members of the Cloak Of Azure Gems are allowed the first bites of the meal. Soon after they nod to the attendees, and all begin to politely eat the lovely food in front of you. Light music begins from a small band of instruments and singers in the corner of the large banquet hall soon after the Princess’ nod. You look around in amazement at the art work that adorns the walls, and the sand paintings that adorn the tables of food in front of you.

 

< GM Note: All are welcome to chat now, keeping your voices mild and non-abrasive. Otherwise would be an insult to your hostess and her clan. There will be dancers, singers, and acrobats after the main meal. You should have time to mull about the grounds afterwards as well. Until then, you can chat through one to two exchanges at the table, with each other, or the Captain Aljari or Expedition Commander Jathali who are also in attendance. I'll move forwards as I see the chatter or exchanges die off. >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throughout the entire process of arrival and seating Ur Athal has been quietly detached, taking note of any visible security measures. I am merely analyzing how or where an attack might come from, and remaining alert. If our enemy were to strike now might be an opportune time not only due to the presence of important personages, but also to make a political statement. I am also paying close attention to servants and mentally noting any who seem to linger too long, they might be spies which would be expected at any state function however some might be plants. I am building an overall security plan in my mind, while pleasantly chatting about pleasantly inane subjects. I have also instructed my brother to make himself useful by assisting in the security assessment and noting any peculiarities to myself or Hanumal. Should something unexpected occur he is to follow my lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((OOC: Is this a Salarvyani princess? or one of Mirusiya's wives? or is 'princess' being used to denote someone of very high clan, not necessarily in line for a throne. I am mildly confused, and seek clarity.))

 

Osure remains silent during the exchange with the princess, at a loss for polite words and unsure whether a response is expected in any case. She simply tilts her head respectfully, and --thinking back to that awkward night a few days before they made port-- wonders why everyone seems to think she's a virago who uses her position to extract sex from those in her service.

 

As the group is led to a common table she tries to look around surreptitiously, but her mask obscures her view. Even so she is pretty sure she is being seated with the middle clans and tradesmen, and blushes at the slight to Great Stone. Eating in public at the same table as her own guardsman! Truly these foreigners are savages. There is of course nothing to do about it without drawing attention and seeming both vulgar and discomfitted; and at least this way she can share her meal with her compatriots, instead of some Salarvyani barbarian who would probably poison her soup. So, as she removes her mask to prepare to eat, and looks around the table, she makes a game attempt at polite dinner conversation.

 

"Hanumal. . . that was a very clean stroke earlier, in the beheading. I was impressed by the neatness of it, especially given the dullness of the sword. I have found the sharpness of tools to be of paramount importance. . ."

 

"

Edited by Danielle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal tastes the oddly spiced soup and grins at Osure. “Chegúkh, tùsmishán. I had hoped that the brazen Nlüss might have less patience and far less luck than the elder did, but he did present his neck perfectly once his legs were slashed open and faltering.”

 

He looks at one of the Salarvyáni that has stopped in mid-slurp to regard him with a quizzical expression. “We had to make a quick shopping excursion to purchase clothes befitting this occasion earlier, tùsmisímu. I’ve never had good luck with shopping.”

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trusting himself to take part in witty repartee, Kamar watches the conversation and the feast with growing discomfort. The Salarvyani custom of lumping everyone who is not part of a royal lineage together on the same dais does not sit well with his Tsolyani attachment to visible displays of rank. The implied slight to his principal troubles him, especially as he knows she is too well-mannered to make a fuss.

 

Finally, he can stand it no more. "Well struck, kasi. You've showed these foreigners how a Tsolyani soldier comports himself." He casts about the feast hall for cushions, wishing he could raise his mask so as to see better. Seeing a tapestry depicting some demon disporting itself with a sacrificial victim, he decides it will do for his purpose. Standing and bowing to excuse himself from his superiors, he marches over to the tapestry and pointedly tears it down from the wall. Ignoring the shocked stares this action produces, he then pointedly folds it into quarters, producing a crude raised cushion.

 

Marching back to his principal, he then places it next to and slightly behind her place at the table. Loudly enough to carry, he offers in Tsolyani, "A dais which befits your noble birth, honoured priestess. It is the best your poor guardsman can do, under the circumstances."

 

He salutes stiffly and awaits her response, sweating beneath his mask at the stir he has just created among his crude and barbarous foreign hosts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osure stands up, and makes a motion as is to forestall Kamar as she sees him stride to the tapestry. In mute horror she watches him tear it off the wall, and all of the blood drains from her complexion, leaving her standing open mouthed before the crowd, her mask-- removed for eating-- clasped in white knuckled hands.

 

This party has quickly begun to resemble certain nightmares of her youth in its social awkwardness; but the Temple must stand united, and it would be impardonable to hang one of her subordinates out to dry when he was acting purely for her benefit. Oh, there will be a rather ripe dressing down when they escape this fiasco and return to the Nossales, but for now she must have his back. Still, she is terrified that actually sitting upon the thing will only compound the offense. Is it valuable? She has no head for art, but everything here looks valuable.

 

As all of this goes through her head, fogged by a little wine on a too empty stomach, she stares goggle eyed at Kamar. Seconds pass, the room so silent that the water in the fountains rings perfectly clear. Shakily she begins to speak, her voice growing stronger as she continues.

 

"Thank you noble guardsman for defending my honor when I had not the courage to do so myself. I believe the point has been made, and it seems a shame to crease such a fine tapestry. Besides, it should be as flat as an unleavened dna-cake were I to sit upon it. Surely there is a servant or majordomo who can retrieve appropriate pillows or cushions for us. Please consult with him about acquiring them for our little table. I shall take a brief walk about the grounds until matters are seen to and I can be seated properly."

 

The falter comes back into her voice as she turns to address the glaring princess. "I am sorry to have so disturbed your meal misritusmidali. As you can see, our Kamar is as fierce and direct in the face of social quandaries as he is when standing before demons. Please do excuse me a moment."

 

Replacing her mask, Osure turns and manages a stiff stately walk out of the dining chamber. Once around a corner she leans against a wall and gasps for breath.

Edited by Danielle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal waits for reactions from the Salarvyáni, his thumb idly tracing the ornate carvings on the Dlamélish priestesses dagger he kept after Su'umél Sherésa hi’Mráchiyaku was taken from Páya Gupá.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several guards quickly enter the room from a nearby entryway. They look towards the group of Nosalas 'cast-a-ways', peering evil eyes at the entire table. The Princess raises her hand in a traditional Tsolyani gesture of acceptance. A subtle nod to her truer Tsolyani roots. Although taken aback by the sheer nerve of the baked Butrus backwoods "boy". "Silence all. As a fellow Tsolyani, I understand the ‘slight’ slight provided by our Salarvyani surroundings. Our servants incorrectly felt that promoting your entire group to a fore-front table amongst the middles would bear the level of your upbringing if not higher then normal. They were obviously mistaken. Forgive please? Both sides. I ask that we put aside our differences and enjoy the entertainment that my sister will soon provide. She has written a play, an epic musical, on the very Battle Of Dormoron Plain. I think you will enjoy it greatly.” This is met by a slow rise in snapping fingers amongst the higher class tables in the room.

 

<GM Note: You may further interject, but I plan on posting a rendering of the "play" next. Also of note, and I will explain this further in character in the coming replies, but the "Princess" is indeed married to a Salarvyani prince. More will be revealed on that topic.>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...