D6 Online 3.0
harmyn

Rocket Rangers! A Fan Submitted Setting for Mini Six

It's a light-hearted pulp science fantasy campaign inspired by comics such as Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers, the Mars and Venus novels of Edgar Rice Burroughs, and sci-fi movies and television shows from the 1950s and ‘60s such as Forbidden Planet, Lost in Space, and Captain Video. The focus is on fun and excitement rather than scientific accuracy. Crazy retro gadgets, weird creatures, sexy alien princesses (or princes), and unlikely civilizations are all par for the course.

We would like to thank Kevin for his hard work and great end product. He did a wonderful job.

You can download it here = http://antipaladingames.com/submissions.html

Awesome. Did Kevin do all the art, too? It's really nice, and consistent.

I came up with the layout and art for him. The interior images are from a site called iclipart and modified as needed to fit the look desired.

I think Kevin did a great job with it.

Interesting... this product's title seemed familiar... then I remembered a recent release from Triple Ace Games... Daring Tales of the Rocket Rangers which went on sale a few weeks ago, heheh.

Well that is funny. I can safely say though that Kevin first contacted us about this product using this name back in mid July and we would have had it up before they posted their's if not for life getting in the way.

I guess great minds think alike. :cool:

I love it! Great pulpy goodness! Good stuff.

Just like Mini-Six it does a lot with only a few pages. Very cool for a "mini" setting supplement.

Love it! Are the fan submitted settings intentionally short and simple?

We have no specific requirements or guidance for fan submitted settings. The ones we have received so far are short but well done. If someone wants to develop a bigger or more detailed setting we would be happy to host it for them as well. We're easy going that way. :-)

I think too many people are trying to promote too many versions of d6. I have to say, I think yours is the best - smart and efficient, rather than arbitrary or sprawling rules. If I do try to write something, I hope you won't mind if I ask you for some advice. We're starting to play a fantasy game right now, and I think we'll like the rules enough to not bother changing them. We'll likely stop come Summer, then I'll start putting my own setting to paper with these rules.

Honestly, I hate to sound like a fanboy, but I am quite excited about these rules!