D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Old Core Earther

Just bought Torg R & E

Howdy!

I got to play Torg a couple times back in the 90's and I thought it was a really awesome concept. It was--and still is--one of the most unique rpg's I've ever played. It stimulated the imagination like no other game I've played since has done. Yeah I know, there are other "universal" game systems (GURPS for example) where you can do multi-genre stuff, but for some reason, Torg is still the only one that gives me the "warm and fuzzy" feeling. And there is Rifts, but I can't stand the munchkinism of the game. Nuff said there.

So yesterday I went to Amazon and bought a copy of the revised rule book. I should get it around the end of the month. There isn't much opportunity for face to face rpg'ing where I am, so I'm hoping to figure out a way to do a "play-by-post" game. Any suggestions? How would you handle the Drama Deck, or do you just not use it? I know a few pbp sites and none of them seem to ever host a Torg game. I'd like to find a way to break some new ground there.

Well, thanks for reading, and I'll be around!

old core earther

I got to play Torg a couple times back in the 90's and I thought it was a really awesome concept. It was--and still is--one of the most unique rpg's I've ever played. It stimulated the imagination like no other game I've played since has done. Yeah I know, there are other "universal" game systems (GURPS for example) where you can do multi-genre stuff, but for some reason, Torg is still the only one that gives me the "warm and fuzzy" feeling. And there is Rifts, but I can't stand the munchkinism of the game. Nuff said there.

So yesterday I went to Amazon and bought a copy of the revised rule book. I should get it around the end of the month. There isn't much opportunity for face to face rpg'ing where I am, so I'm hoping to figure out a way to do a "play-by-post" game. Any suggestions? How would you handle the Drama Deck, or do you just not use it? I know a few pbp sites and none of them seem to ever host a Torg game. I'd like to find a way to break some new ground there.

It's my understanding that T:R&E just expands the rulebook from the boxed set; it is not a complete game in and of itself.

Brandon

I purchased a boxed set tonight from the Amazon marketplace, so that should take care of things. I'd like to collect all the cosm books, but it looks like the only ones easy to get are Living Land, Space Gods, Land Below, and Orrorsh. I'd love to get Nile Empire, but I have a feeling it'll be high priced.

I purchased a boxed set tonight from the Amazon marketplace, so that should take care of things. I'd like to collect all the cosm books, but it looks like the only ones easy to get are Living Land, Space Gods, Land Below, and Orrorsh. I'd love to get Nile Empire, but I have a feeling it'll be high priced.

Yeah, eBay and used RPG bookshops are pretty much the only recourse these days. While I have not shopped there personally, I've seen good recommendations for Dragon's Trove in the past and taking a quick look they do say they have a surprisingly large number of the sourcebooks, supplements and modules available. (Though their search box seems broken, I used the manufacturers pulldown menu.) But unfortunately not the Nile Empire. :(

I downloaded iTabletop from Truly Awesome Games some time ago but haven't tried it yet (I planned on moving away and wanted to keep playing with my two groups I am GMing but then all changed and I stayed). From what I read iTabletop should do most of the things needed for Torg. The Drama Deck, though, has to be flipped by the GM (but you can use a WebCam to show the card flip).