D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Flagwaver

Special Fantasy Setting D6

Hail, fellow anti-d20ers!

My first RPG experience was Dungeons and Dragons. Not what most of you know; back when Elf was a character class. I fell in love with it. Everything afterward began a slow spiral into 'meh' dom. Then WOTC came out with the Mystara Capmaign setting. Unfortunately, I cannot stand what d20 has become so the books just sit on my shelf collecting dust.

Well, a few weeks ago, while going through my SWRPG book, I decided to try something. I took my old red box books and began jotting some notes. Those notes became a binder and now that binder is becoming a full gaming project I am writing.

Now, here's the thing... this is an update of the old D&D game system, with Mystara misted in. The names have been changed to protect the innocent (and for copyright purposes). Also, I decided to amp things up a little, even from the original D6 ideas.

So, the first part is races. I plan on opening with five full races, and four sub-races. Human, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, and Orc. Yes, Gnome; it is a halfling/hobbit. The four sub-races are called Halflings (teehee). They are a cross between the non-human full races and human (half the bonuses and more skills dice).

----------

There are eight attributes: Physique, Coordination, Reflexes, Endurance, Knowledge, Perception, Confidence, and Magic. I use some customized rules that are a little similar to D&D, with some modifications.

Physique includes lifting with the Strength Damage levels, but also includes larger melee weapons, two-handed melee weapons, and armors.

Coordination is used for thieving skills and ranged weapon attacks.

Reflexes is used to determine attacks with lighter melee weapons, shields, initiative, and a natural dodge score. Basically, it is the base dodge score that does not require an action to use (think Dex bonus to AC in d20).

Endurance is the base for determining Body points and wounds, but in a specific way. The number before the D is how many boxes have to be marked off to be stunned, wounded, severely wounded, etc. Also, it determined how many attacks you can make before you start to accrue penalties for being tired (magical and physical).

Knowledge is the typical things you know, not changed at all.

Perception is what you can see. Perception is rolled for surprise initiative, at a penalty. It is also about detecting things.

Confidence is basically charisma and is about influence and your presence.

Magic is an empty attribute and determined the “level” of spells you can cast and how effective they are.

----------

Instead of templates, I use a class system. The classes are Warrior, Blessed (cleric), Mage, and Shadow (thief/rogue). Every character selects two, one primary and one secondary. Those determine the class.

The three parts of each class are Major, Minor, and Pure. You select one major and one minor or you select a pure class. It adds a little spice to the game to have a warrior/mage (called a warden), a warrior/blessed (called a paladin), a shadow/mage (called a bard), etc.

So, what does each thing give you? Thanks for asking.

Atributes: Each class has four specific attributes associated. Majors add 1D+1 to three of their specific attributes, minors add +2 to three the attributes, and Purity can add 2D to three of their attributes.

Skills: Majors give you the primary skills for the game, as well as the specific skills for the class. Minors give you only the specific skills for the class, but not as many as choosing a major. Purity gives you special skills that you would otherwise have to buy.

Body Points: These are determined by the class and the skill. Warriors are able to determine the number of Body Points (boxes in each wound level) with their Stamina score, not Endurance. Blessed use the average between the two. The other two just use their Endurance.

Wound Levels: The normal six-tier wound system is used (stunned, wounded, severely wounded, incapacitated, mortally wounded, dead) is used.

Strength Damage: Warriors get a bonus, but everyone else uses the normal way of figuring it out.

Wealth: A wealth code is used, but it is more to determine base wealth. It is also how much a character can earn with one full day’s work (no other actions).

Special Abilities: Blessed can add their Magic dice to damage against undead, can use base Magic rolls at range to stun undead, as well as cast spells. Mages can case spells and gain a familiar. Shadows can add their Coordination dice to sneak attacks.

----------

Now comes the weapons and armor part.

Armors and weapons have certain penalties. If you raise the dice of the specific skills, then you subtract the skill from the weapon or armor penalty. After that, the dice are used as a bonus to attack. Armors and shields are the same way.

Certain weapons and armors require Specializations to get over the penalty and some require an advanced specialization (requires a skill level of a certain level).

----------

Magic is last and something I am still figuring out. I use the OD&D magic as a base for the spells and use the Magic attribute to attack. You purchase spells with Character points to use as you see fit. However, the higher the spell levels, the more energy it takes, thus the more penalties to your roll.

----------

I am going to write up the various enemies and such from OD&D as well, using differing names and such as necessary. Also, I plan to write up some source info for the world and such.

What do you think so far?

Thank you, Rerun941. That was actually very helpful.

Okay, after reading through the D6 Fantasy system and it makes things a little easier (most especially the rules regarding Scale). Up until now, I had only been introduced to D6 through SWRPG. I need to do some rewrites, but otherwise I am about three chapters in.

I am curious how you prefer submission for peer review? Should I just post what I have in this thread for it to be ripped apart, or what?

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I'll give you my opinion, for what it's worth, on what you have.

Attributes: While I like the inclusion of Endurance to the attribute listing, I'm not a fan of having both Coordination and Reflexes. One or the other for dexterity related is all that I think is needed, especially for a fantasy setting. Having eight attributes (well, seven actually since one of them is Magic) is a few and some might have some trepidation with it, but it's fine with me.

Character generation: Interesting idea. It's similar, in a way, to a fantasy system I created for D6 back before D6 Fantasy came out. As far as how it will work...I'd have to see some of the examples of Major, Minor and Pure to really be able to comment more.

One thing I will say, though, is that I'm against the idea of varying Body Points depending on class and skill. Yes, the way you explain it adds some flavor to the warriors over the others, but it just seems a bit too D20-ish in regards to "X type of character is always weaker than Y type of character".

Strength Damage: You mention warriors get a bonus. What is the bonus? And what is the "normal way of figuring it out"? Are you just using base STR for damage bonus, or are you using 1/2 STR or 1/2 Lifting skill like in the D6 Fantasy book?

Wealth: I'm not a fan of wealth codes, but I know some people like that. With wealth codes, it basically makes Thieves completely worthless. The "I don't have money, I have a Wealth code" makes it so a Thief can steal either nothing, or an arbitrary amount that basically turns into nothing as when you go to buy something you just roll your wealth code anyway.

Special Abilities: I like. Nice touches that add special things to particular character types.

Armor and weapons: This is one where I'm waiting to see more. I came up with a fairly extensive list of medieval weapons and armor and while I have dexterity penalties for armor I didn't apply such things to weapons. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "If you raise the dice of the specific skills, then you subtract the skill from the weapon or armor penalty." Can you explain that more and maybe give an example? Also, which weapons would you say require a specialization to get over a penalty and which weapons would require "advanced specializations"?

Magic: One of these days I'll have to put up my magic system that I created for my fantasy game. It might be what you're looking for, or it might just give you an idea of how you might want to do it. Basically, it uses the Magic attribute to determine effects of spells that may be variable.

Enemies and Scale: I'm interested to see what you have for enemies and the scales associated with them. I've done several quasi-conversions of AD&D monsters into D6 and I've also done a lot of work with scales so it will be interesting to see someone else's take on the matter.

All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing some more from you about this.

Attributes:

You have a very good point, I was just trying not to make it so D&Dish. I think I’ll combine Coordination into the Reflexes pool and just keep it as Reflexes. Six attributes plus Magic will make things a bit simpler too and help to comfort those coming from d20 who don’t do well with change. *chuckles*

Character Generation:

I’ll be posting a bit more tomorrow or Tuesday on classes. Right now it is just raw info. I’m still fine tuning (mostly attribute bonuses, etc). Races is almost done, though.

Body Points:

You have a very good point about the body points. I think the only bonus will be for Pure Warrior (just as a bonus for lack of flexibility), but nothing too major. Kind of a reason to choose this while losing the lesser blessed spells, mage spells, and shadow sneaking.

Strength Damage:

After reading a little more through the Fantasy book, I think I’ll drop the boost in lieu of just using the lifting damage. The most I might do is add a little extra damage for pure warrior (barbarian-type character).

Wealth:

The wealth code is for determining initial gold. Also, it is for times between adventures or while characters are healing. Basically, it is the amount the character can earn with a full day’s work (while other party members are healing up). Otherwise, it has nothing to do with what the Fantasy book says.

Special Abilities:

Just wait… Muahahahahahaha… ehem…

Armor & Weapons:

I know things were a little vague with that, I’m still trying to figure out how to do it. I basically want to make it so that a mage can’t wield a two-handed sword without a BUNCH of training away from their mage-ness. Something like requiring a certain amount in a skill to use the weapon without a penalty (i.e. daggers, clubs, staves, and crossbows have a very small requirement but kamas, whips, spiked chains, and bolas are impossible to use without having a certain die code in the specific weapons skills. I’m still figuring it out.

Armor is similar and requires a certain base Physique or armor to use each set without penalty. Leather Armor will require 2D where full plate will require 12D. If you have 8D in armor, then you can still wear plate mail but you will take a -4D to all physical skills and magic because you don’t know how/are too weak to wear it.

Magic:

What you described is what I am looking at for my magic system. Basically, I am rewriting OD&D spells and updating them slightly to D6 system. Example: “Cure light wounds” can heal one full wound level if you make the difficulty (i.e. severely wounded to wounded would require a Moderate roll). “Cure moderate wounds” can heal two full wound levels if you make the difficulty (i.e. severely wounded to wounded would require a Difficult roll). And so on.

Purchasing spells, though is another story. Rather than level, the spells are separated by tiers. Each tier requires a certain Magic code. Even then, each also costs a number of character points to purchase based on their tier. Example A tier two blessed spell requires a Magic die code of 3D and costs 20 CP, 15 points for a pure blessed. A tier five blessed spell requires a Magic of 6D and costs 50 CP, 38 for pure blessed.

Enemies & Scale:

Actually, I’m not going AD&D, I’m more going OD&D. Red box kinda stuff. Otherwise, I haven’t even begun to figure out monster-types beyond initial thought on sizes and such.

I'll be posting more as I get it written. I'm not going to be copying OD&D completely, but will be specializing it into my own little baby. Though, it will ultimately be the bastard child of OD&D and D6 Fantasy. Wish me luck and look for more as it is written.

Here are the races that I will be using as the primary player races. This is just the rules, no fluff text (to save space).

HUMAN

ATTRIBUTE DICE 12D

Physique 2D/4D

Reflexes 2D/4D

Endurance 2D/4D

Knowledge 2D/4D

Perception 2D/4D

Confidence 2D/4D

Move 10/12

Scale 0

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Languages: Trade. Choice of any language if Knowledge allows it (Knowledge score -1D).

Skill Bonus: Can raise two starting skills to 3D rather than the normal 2D.

Hero Points: Begin with one extra Hero Point, bringing the total to 2.

Skill Dice: Begin the game with 9D of skill dice, rather than the normal 7D.

DWARF

ATTRIBUTE DICE 12D

Physique 2D/4D

Reflexes 2D/4D

Endurance 3D/5D

Knowledge 2D/4D

Perception 1D/3D

Confidence 2D/4D

Move 8/10

Scale -2

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Languages: Trade, Dwarf. Can speak their choice of Gnome, Goblin, or Kobold if their Knowledge allows it (Knowledge score -1D).

Disciplined: Dwarves choosing the blessed focus can add the bonus to one additional focus attribute.

Unstudied: Dwarves that choose a mage focus can add a bonus to only one attribute rather than two.

Weapon Restrictions: Unable to fully use the longbow. They can otherwise use any small or medium weapons.

Skill Bonus: At the time the character is created, they get 2D for every ID placed in axes and craft.

Magic Resistance: If dwarves take damage from spells or spell-like abilities, the damage is cut in half (rounded down).

Infravision (20m): Can see heat, but cannot make out fine details.

Stonework: Receive a +1D+1 to search and spot rolls to detect sliding walls, sloping corridors, and new construction in stone.

HALF-DWARF

ATTRIBUTE DICE 12D

Physique 2D/4D

Reflexes 2D/4D

Endurance 2D+2/4D+2

Knowledge 2D/4D

Perception 1D+1/3D+1

Confidence 2D/4D

Move 9/11

Scale -1

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Languages: Trade, Dwarf. Can speak their choice of Gnome, Goblin, or Kobold if their Knowledge allows it (Knowledge score -1D).

Magic Resistance: Take only three-quarters (rounded down) of damage from spells or spell-like abilities that hit them.

Infravision (10m): Can see heat, but cannot make out fine details.

Stonework: Receive a +2 to search and spot rolls to detect sliding walls, sloping corridors, and new construction in stone.

Skill Dice: Begin the game with 8D of skill dice rather than the normal 7D.

ELF

ATTRIBUTE DICE 12D

Physique 1D/3D

Reflexes 3D/5D

Endurance 1D/3D

Knowledge 3D/5D

Perception 2D/4D

Confidence 2D/4D

Move 10/12

Scale -1

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Languages: Trade, Elf. Can speak their choice of gnoll, hobgoblin, and orc if their Knowledge allows it (Knowledge score -1D).

Mystical: Elves choosing the mage focus can add the bonus to one additional focus attribute.

Frivolous: Elves that choose a blessed focus can add a bonus to only one attribute rather than two.

Skill Bonus: At the time the character is created, they get 2D for every ID placed in bows and scholar.

Breath Defense: If an elf takes damage from a breath weapon, the damage is cut in half (rounded down).

Ultraviolet Sight (20m): Their vision is precise, but is also monochrome.

Detailed Eye: Receive a 1D+1 to search and spot rolls to detect secret and hidden doors.

Ghoul Immunity: Immunity to the natural paralysis of ghoul attacks.

HALF-ELF

ATTRIBUTE DICE 12D

Physique 1D+1/3D+1

Reflexes 2D+2/4D+2

Endurance 1D+1/3D+2

Knowledge 2D+2/4D+2

Perception 2D/4D

Confidence 2D/4D

Move 10/12

Scale 0

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Languages: Trade, Elf. Can speak their choice of gnoll, hobgoblin, and orc if their Knowledge allows it (Knowledge score -1D).

Breath Defense: Take only three-quarters (rounded down) of damage breath weapons that hit them.

Ultraviolet Sight (10m): Monochrome.

Detailed Eye: Receive a +2 to search and spot rolls to detect secret and hidden doors.

Ghoul Resistance: Allowed a second roll to resist ghoul paralysis if they fail the first.

GNOME

ATTRIBUTE DICE 12D

Physique 1D/3D

Reflexes 3D/5D

Endurance 2D/4D

Knowledge 2D/4D

Perception 2D/4D

Confidence 2D/4D

Move 8/10

Scale -3

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Languages: Trade, Gnome. Can speak their choice of any language if their Knowledge allows it (Knowledge score -1D).

Shady: Gnomes choosing the shadow focus can add their attribute bonus to three attributes.

Peaceful: Gnomes that choose a warrior focus can add a bonus to only one attribute rather than two.

Weapon Restrictions: They are only able to use small weapons, short bows, and light crossbows. Medium weapons can be wielded, but are considered two-handed.

Skill Bonus: At the time the character is created, they get 2D for every ID placed in thrown weapons and sneak.

Trap Luck: Whenever a gnome rolls for trap avoidance, they count fives or sixes as critical successes on their Wild Die for the first roll only.

Darkvision (20m): Monochrome and cannot see in total darkness.

High Energy: They receive +1D+1 to any initiative roll.

HALF-GNOME

ATTRIBUTE DICE 12D

Physique 1D+1/3D+1

Reflexes 2D+2/4D+2

Endurance 2D/4D

Knowledge 2D/4D

Perception 2D/4D

Confidence 2D/4D

Move 8/10

Scale -2

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Languages: Trade, Gnome. They can speak their choice of any language if their Knowledge allows it (Knowledge score -1D).

Weapon Restrictions: Half-gnomes are unable to use large weapons and longbows.

Trap Luck: Whenever a half-gnome rolls a one on their wild-die for trap avoidance, they are allowed a second roll. If the result of the second roll is a five or six, then the critical failure does not count and the one is added to the total.

Darkvision (10m): Monochrome and cannot see in total darkness.

High Energy: They receive +2 to any initiative roll.

ORC

ATTRIBUTE DICE 12D

Physique 3D/5D

Reflexes 1D/3D

Endurance 3D/5D

Knowledge 1D/3D

Perception 2D/4D

Confidence 2D/4D

Move 10/12

Scale +1

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Languages: Trade, Orc. Can speak their choice of dwarf, hobgoblin, and ogre if their Knowledge allows it (Knowledge score -1D).

Militant: Orcs choosing the warrior focus can add the bonus to one additional focus attribute.

Obvious: Orcs that choose a shadow focus can add a bonus to only one attribute rather than two.

Skill Bonus: At the time the character is created, they get 2D for every ID placed in the bludgeons and survival.

Elemental Resistance: If orcs take damage from heat or cold, the damage is cut in half (rounded down).

Low-light vision (20m): Color vision in all but total darkness.

Wary Senses: Receive a natural +1D+1 to search and spot rolls to detect hidden or invisible enemies and ambushes.

HALF-ORC

ATTRIBUTE DICE 12D

Physique 2D+2/4D+2

Reflexes 1D+1/3D

Endurance 2D+2/4D+2

Knowledge 1D+1/3D

Perception 2D/4D

Confidence 2D/4D

Move 10/12

Scale +1

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Languages: Trade, Orc. They can speak their choice of dwarf, hobgoblin, and ogre if their Knowledge allows it (Knowledge score -1D).

Elemental Resistance: Half-orcs take only three-quarters (rounded down) of damage from heat or cold that hit them.

Low-light vision (10m): Perfect color vision in all but complete darkness.

Wary Senses: They receive a natural +2 to search and spot rolls to detect hidden or invisible enemies and ambushes.

Edited by Flagwaver

Good work with this. You offer nice plusses and minuses for the various races. One thing I scratched my head at the reasoning was the half-elf Perception being so much higher than the regular elf. Wouldn't that be reversed?

Other than that, the rest of the races seem pretty good!

A someone creating yet another fantasy d6 game, although using the Mini Six rules set, this is inspirational. I don't mean to say that as in "Thanks! I'll be snagging that!" like a lot of people do, however, this post has given me a lot of food for thought.

So, Chapter 3 rules for Advantages and Disadvantages are laid out.

Disadvantages

Age (+1D)

-2 pip from Physique, Reflexes, and Endurance & +1 pip to Knowledge, Perception, and Confidence.

Requirements: Minimum score of 1D+1 in Physique, Reflexes, and Endurance.

Age (+2D)

-1D+1 from Physique, Reflexes, and Endurance & +2 pips to Knowledge, Perception, and Confidence.

Requirements: Minimum score of 2D in Physique, Reflexes, and Endurance.

Age (+3D)

-2D from Physique, Reflexes, and Endurance & +1D to Knowledge, Perception, and Confidence.

Requirements: Minimum score of 3D in Physique, Reflexes, and Endurance.

Bad Luck (+2D)

Critical failure on a Wild Die roll of 1 or 2

Cultural Unfamiliarity (+1D)

-2D to culturally dependant rolls.

Debt (+1D)

Gives up 1/4 of earned gold and/or CP to total 30 CP or 3,000 gold (1 CP = 100 gold).

Debt (+2D)

Gives up 1/2 of earned gold and/or CP to total 90 CP or 9,000 gold (1 CP = 100 gold).

Debt (+3D)

Gives up 3/4 of earned gold and/or CP to total 180 CP or 18,000 gold (1 CP = 100 gold).

Devotion (+1D)

Gives up 10% of earned income in addition to blessed tithing.

Devotion (+2D)

Gives up 20% of earned income in addition to blessed tithing.

Devotion (+3D)

Gives up 30% of earned income in addition to blessed tithing.

Enemy (+1D)

Character of equal power/CP to character. Shows up rarely.

Enemy (+2D)

Character with 25% more earned CP than character or two characters of equal power. Includes minions. Shows up in come form once per campaign.

Enemy (+3D)

Character with 50% more earned CP than character, two with 25% more earned CP, or three of equal power. Includes minions and bosses. Shows up in some form in every session.

Hindrance (+1D)

Gives +1 to difficulty modifiers for 3 skills. -2 meters in movement counts as +1 to difficulty.

Infamy (+1D)

Recognized on Difficulty Perception roll for +3 to all interaction difficulties. Law enforcement called if Very Difficult roll is made.

Infamy (+2D)

Recognized on Moderate Perception roll for +6 to all interaction difficulties. Law enforcement called if Difficult roll is made.

Infamy (+3D)

Recognized on Easy Perception roll for +9 to all interaction difficulties. Law enforcement called if Moderate roll is made.

Language Problems (+1D)

-2D to all language rolls other than base languages. +50% CP to raise language or specialties.

Learning Problems (+1D)

+10% CP to raise skills or learn new skills.

Poverty (+1D)

Begin with only 3D worth of gold to purchase equipment with (rather than 3Dx10)

Prejudice (+1D)

+2 modifier to difficulties with other races and +4 with own race.

Prejudice (+2D)

+3 modifier to difficulties with other races and +6 with own race.

Advantages

----------

Authority (-1D)

Knight. Can call 3 soldiers or 1 hero. Receives Wealth x 5 every month.

Authority (-2D)

Baronet. Can call 10 soldiers or 2 heroes. Receives Wealth x 10 every month.

Authority (-3D)

Baron. Can call 40 soldiers or 5 heroes. Receives Wealth x 20 every month.

Benefit (-1D)

Gives -1 to difficulty modifiers for 3 skills. +2 meters in movement counts as -1 to difficulty.

Contacts (-1D)

Helps character for 5% income or CP.

Contacts (-2D)

Helps character for 10% income or CP.

Contacts (-3D)

Helps character for 15% income or CP.

Culturally Diverse (-1D)

+2D to culturally dependant rolls.

Fame (-1D)

Recognized on Difficulty Perception roll for -3 to all interaction difficulties. Bodyguards if Very Difficult roll is made.

Fame (-2D)

Recognized on Moderate Perception roll for -6 to all interaction difficulties. Bodyguards if Difficult roll is made.

Fame (-3D)

Recognized on Easy Perception roll for -9 to all interaction difficulties. Bodyguards if Moderate roll is made.

Follower (-1D)

Receives +5% of income from adventure.

Follower (-2D)

Receives +10% of income from adventure.

Follower (-3D)

Receives +15% of income from adventure.

Good Luck (-2D)

Critical success on a Wild Die roll of 5 or 6 for first roll only (next rolls on 6 only).

Paragon (-1D)

-2 modifier to difficulties with other races and -4 with own race.

Paragon (-2D)

-3 modifier to difficulties with other races and -6 with own race.

Quick Learner (+1D)

-10% CP to raise skills or learn new skills.

Size (-1D)

+1 to scale.

Size (-2D)

+2 to scale.

Size (-3D)

+3 to scale.

Speaking Tongues (-1D)

+2D to all language rolls other than base languages. Half cost to raise language or specialties.

Wealth (-1D)

Character begins with 6Dx10 gold.

Here is chapter 2. This is the focus chapter. The focus is the class-style character selection system. Each hero selects one major and one minor focus or they choose a single pure focus.

Major Warrior

Attributes: Add +2 to two of the following attributes: Physique, Reflexes, Endurance, or Perception.

Skills:

Physique: Armor, axes, bludgeons, brawling, lifting, pole weapons, swords.

Reflexes: Bows, dodge, riding, running, shields, thrown weapons.

Endurance: Resistance, stamina.

Knowledge: Craft, languages, survival, tactics.

Perception: Notice

Confidence: Handle animal, intimidate

Special Abilities: Ignores 2/3s of the untrained penalty on all weapons.

Minor Warrior

Attributes: Add +1 to two of the following attributes: Physique, Reflexes, Endurance, or Perception.

Skills:

Physique: Armor, axes, bludgeons, brawling, lifting, pole weapons, swords.

Reflexes: Bows, shields, thrown weapons.

Endurance: Stamina.

Knowledge: Survival, tactics.

Confidence: Intimidate

Special Abilities: Ignores 1/3 of the untrained penalty on all weapons.

Pure Warrior

Attributes: Add +1D to two of the following attributes: Physique, Reflexes, Endurance, or Perception.

Skills:

Physique: Armor, axes, bludgeons, brawling, climbing, jumping, lifting, pole weapons, swimming, swords.

Reflexes: Balance, bows, dodge, riding, running, shields, thrown weapons.

Endurance: Resistance, stamina.

Knowledge: Craft, languages, survival, tactics.

Perception: Notice, profession, tracking

Confidence: Command, handle animal, intimidate

Special Abilities: Ignores the untrained penalty on all weapons.

Major Blessed

Attributes: Add +2 to two of the following attributes: Physique, Knowledge, Confidence, or Magic.

Skills:

Physique: Armor, bludgeons, brawling.

Reflexes: Dodge, running, shields, thrown weapons.

Endurance: Concentration, energy, resistance, stamina.

Knowledge: Alchemy, craft, divine, healing, languages, law.

Perception: Notice, sense motive.

Confidence: Command, diplomacy.

Special Abilities: Stun undead using Magic score in 20 pace cone. Against undead Endurance score. Each multiple of undead wound over, undead takes damage. Can purchase blessed spells, selects one at creation.

Special Hindrances: -1D for each attack with edged weapon. At 0D, takes a -1D penalty with each attack.

Special Notes: Required to pay 10% of income to tithe. -1D for not paying, removed by paying twice normal amount.

Minor Blessed

Attributes: Add +1 to two of the following attributes: Physique, Knowledge, Confidence, or Magic.

Skills:

Physique: Armor, bludgeons.

Reflexes: Dodge, shields.

Endurance: Concentration, energy.

Knowledge: Alchemy, divine, healing.

Perception: Sense motive.

Confidence: Diplomacy.

Special Abilities: Stun undead using Magic score in 10 pace cone. Against undead Endurance score. Each multiple of undead wound over, undead takes damage. Can purchase blessed spells, but received none at creation.

Special Hindrances: -1D for each attack with edged weapon. At 0D, takes a -1D penalty with each attack.

Special Notes: Required to pay 10% of income to tithe. -1D for not paying, removed by paying twice normal amount.

Pure Blessed

Attributes: Add +1D to two of the following attributes: Physique, Knowledge, Confidence, or Magic.

Skills:

Physique: Armor, bludgeons, brawling, lifting.

Reflexes: Dodge, riding, running, shields, thrown weapons.

Endurance: Concentration, energy, resistance, stamina.

Knowledge: Alchemy, craft, cultures, divine, healing, languages, law, scholar.

Perception: Notice, sense motive.

Confidence: Command, diplomacy, faith, use Magic devices.

Special Abilities: Stun undead using Magic score in 10 pace cone. Against undead Endurance score. Each multiple of undead wound over, undead takes damage. Can purchase blessed spells, selects two at creation.

Major Magus

Attributes: Add +2 to two of the following attributes: Endurance, Knowledge, Perception, or Magic.

Skills:

Physique: Bludgeons*, swimming, swords**.

Reflexes: Balance, dodge, thrown weapons***.

Endurance: Concentration, energy, willpower.

Knowledge: Alchemy, appraise, arcane lore, craft, cultures, decipher script, languages, scholar.

Perception: Notice, search.

Confidence: Bargain, gather information, use Magic device.

* Bludgeons cover only staff. Full bludgeons can be purchased as normal.

** Swords cover only daggers. Full swords can be purchased as normal.

*** Thrown weapons cover only blowguns, flaming oils, holy waters, nets, thrown rocks, slings, and whips. Full thrown weapons can be purchased as normal.

Special Abilities: Can purchase magic spells, selects two at creation. Familiar with power based on Magic score.

Special Hindrances: Double penalty from armor and shield to Magic.

Special Notes: Required to pay 10% of income on components. -1D for not paying, removed by paying twice normal amount.

Minor Magus

Attributes: Add +1 to two of the following attributes: Endurance, Knowledge, Perception, or Magic.

Skills:

Knowledge: Alchemy, appraise, arcane lore, decipher script, scholar.

Confidence: Gather information, use Magic device.

Special Abilities: Can purchase magic spells, selects one at creation. Familiar with power based on Magic score.

Special Notes: Required to pay 10% of income on components. -1D for not paying, removed by paying twice normal amount.

Pure Magus

Attributes: Add +1D to two of the following attributes: Endurance, Knowledge, Perception, or Magic.

Skills:

Physique: Bludgeons*, jumping, swimming, swords**.

Reflexes: Balance, dodge, driving, running, sneak, thrown weapons***.

Knowledge: Alchemy, appraise, arcane lore, craft, cultures, decipher script, divine, languages, scholar, tactics.

Perception: Notice, search, sense motive.

Confidence: Bargain, gather information, handle animal, perform, use Magic device.

* Bludgeons cover only staff. Full bludgeons can be purchased as normal.

** Swords cover only daggers. Full swords can be purchased as normal.

*** Thrown weapons cover only blowguns, flaming oils, holy waters, nets, thrown rocks, slings, and whips. Full thrown weapons can be purchased as normal.

Special Abilities: Can purchase magic spells, selects three at creation. Familiar with power based on Magic score.

Edited by Flagwaver
Updated after completing phase I playtesting.

Major Shadow

Attributes: Add +2 to two of the following attributes: Physique, Reflexes, Perception, or Confidence.

Skills:

Physique: Brawling, climbing, daggers, jumping, swimming, swords.

Reflexes: Balance, contortion, disable trap, dodge, hide, lock picking, pickpocket, running, sneak, tumble.

Endurance: Concentration, resistance.

Knowledge: Appraise, craft, forgery, languages, law, streetwise.

Perception: Gambling, notice, search.

Confidence: Bargain, bluff, gather information, perform, persuade, use Magic device.

Special Abilities: The shadow is able to roll their raw Reflexes score in lieu of their passive defense score and use whichever is higher. Can add Damage equal to their Reflex score /3 when striking from hiding.

Special Hindrances: Double penalty for armors over leather. Double penalty for two-handed weapons. No hidden attack with armor over leather, dual-wielding, or two-handed weapons.

Minor Shadow

Attributes: Add +1 to two of the following attributes: Physique, Reflexes, Perception, or Confidence.

Skills:

Physique: climbing, jumping, swimming.

Reflexes: Balance, disable trap, dodge, hide, lock picking, pickpocket, sneak.

Endurance: Concentration.

Knowledge: Appraise, forgery, streetwise.

Perception: Disguise, gambling, search.

Confidence: Bluff, gather information, use Magic device.

Special Abilities: The shadow is able to roll their raw Reflexes score in lieu of their passive defense score and use whichever is higher. Can add Damage equal to their Reflex score /3 when striking from hiding.

Special Hindrances: Double penalty for armors over leather. Double penalty for two-handed weapons. No hidden attack with armor over leather, dual-wielding, or two-handed weapons.

Pure Shadow

Attributes: Add +1D to two of the following attributes: Physique, Reflexes, Perception, or Confidence.

Skills:

Physique: Brawling, climbing, daggers, jumping, swimming, swords.

Reflexes: Acrobatics, balance, bows, contortion, disable trap, dodge, hide, lock picking, pickpocket, riding, running, sneak, thrown weapons, tumble.

Endurance: Concentration, resistance, stamina.

Knowledge: Appraise, craft, decipher script, forgery, languages, law, streetwise.

Perception: Disguise, gambling, notice, search, sense motive, tracking.

Confidence: Bargain, bluff, gather information, intimidate, perform, persuade, use Magic device.

Special Abilities: The shadow is able to roll their raw Reflexes attribute in lieu of their passive defense score and use whichever is higher.

Creatures suffer additional Damage when struck by a hidden shadow. Drop the pips from your character’s Reflex score (including any Special Abilities or Disadvantages that affect the die code), divide the number by 2, and round up. Add this to the Strength Damage die code for all attacks when hidden.

Special Hindrances: Double penalty for armors over leather. Double penalty for two-handed weapons. No hidden attack with armor over leather or two-handed weapons.

Edited by Flagwaver
Updated after completing phase I playtesting.

This is very cool, and I'm sorry I didn't read until now.

Also, not only do I remember elf as a class, I DM games where elf is a class and has been since 1981. So, your setup seems a bit complex for me, but I'm not saying that in criticism. The attributes/hindrances are interesting.