D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
copeab

Seaplanes & Submarines, Torg-style

In General Roleplaying, I posted an idea for a setting:

http://www.wegfansite.com/forum/showthread.php?2656-Seaplanes-amp-Submarines

Here, I'm talking about using it as a realm for Torg. That's right, realm, not cosm.

The realm is the result of an attempt by the Nile Empire to conquer the Caribbean. Starting in the east and moving west, the invasion progressed fine until a third stelae was planted to enclose Hati, then things went terribly wrong. Staring in Haiti and rapidly spreading east, the conquered land became (by Moebius' POV) a perversion of the Nile Empire.

While Nile axioms held, the Law of Morality vanished (replaced by the Law of Vengeance) and Nile pulp powers, weird science and any Nile-specific miracles/spells began causing contradictions when used.

Moebius was baffled as to what was going on, but to the other High Lords mumbled something about "an experiment with my Darkness Device". a few on Haiti simply smiled and said "The loas have spoken".

(Yes, I know this is utterly non-canonical, but hey ;) IIn this case, the storms in the general setting become reality storms)

You can get it more canonical by incorporating the different axiom set of Haiti as featured in the Cleric's SB. Haiti is already some kind of "realm" of its own due to changed magic axioms (not so much a realm but rather a pocket of increased axioms but this would be nitpicking).

I think Haiti's different axioms were actually detailed in the Delphi Council Worldbook. In any event, the axiom differences are pretty small and likely to not be noticeable if the Seaplanes & Submarines reality has the Nile's axioms.

Also, you'd need a good in-game reason for replacing the Law of Morality with the Law of Vengeance. The only thing that gets close to that is if Marketplace replaced one of the Nile's Stelae with its own along the lines of what Mobius did to Tharkold in Berlin.

Also, you'd need a good in-game reason for replacing the Law of Morality with the Law of Vengeance. The only thing that gets close to that is if Marketplace replaced one of the Nile's Stelae with its own along the lines of what Mobius did to Tharkold in Berlin.

No Marketplace involved. I don't see world laws as unique and non-repeating (that is, I see all the world laws in the core book cosms appearing in other, yet to be discovered, cosms.

No Marketplace involved. I don't see world laws as unique and non-repeating (that is, I see all the world laws in the core book cosms appearing in other, yet to be discovered, cosms.

Which is fine. But you still need a good, in-game reason for why the Haitian "Nile" suddenly has a world law that doesn't occur in either the Nile or Core Earth.