bblackmoor

Open D6 Supers

59 posts in this topic

I've heard that Mini Six has something in the works, but that's all I recall hearing on the OpenD6 supers front...

I have a set of rules that I am currently play testing with my group. But still in the early stages of development as far as the diversity in powers I would like to eventually have.

Darren

D6 Powers is definitely pretty awesome, it has a lot more stuff than just the open stuff

I think someone could run a Supers game using just D6 Something, sine has Innate Attacks and Hardiness and Flight and things, but might be clumsy

Read D6 Legend sometime, it already has the Legend power system, which is what Jerry used as his basis for Godsend Agenda/D6 Powers system .

Where might one find D6 Legend? edit: Nevermind -- I already have it!

Edited by bblackmoor

which is what Jerry used as his basis for Godsend Agenda/D6 Powers system

I used D6 Adventure as the core of both GODSEND Agenda and D6 Powers but I stole liberally from the legends system. ;)

A lot of that stuff got dumped because it got way too complicated. It was like they took Hercules and Xena and added a lot of unnecessary clutter.

Lately what I’ve been trying to strip D6 Powers down and convert it.

I’ve been reworking the game a lot lately and plan on doing a playtest this week playing a Tales of the Jedi game using the new version of the system. If the new stripped down version will work there it’s on to phase two...

As for the original question it would be easy to use Legend since its openly available

Lately what I've been trying to strip D6 Powers down and convert it.

I've been reworking the game a lot lately and plan on doing a playtest this week playing a Tales of the Jedi game using the new version of the system. If the new stripped down version will work there it's on to phase two...

I was wondering who it was screaming like a thirteen-year-old girl watching a Justin Bieber concert and realized to my horror that it was me. :)

I've re-read the the entire thread. Please forgive my stupidity, but you are stripping D6 Powers down and converting it to what exactly?

It’s a Legends-like game that I’m working on. I’m converting powers to the new system plus fixing things that I didn’t like in the current system.

Thanks!

I’ve been reworking the game a lot lately and plan on doing a playtest this week playing a Tales of the Jedi game using the new version of the system. If the new stripped down version will work there it’s on to phase two...

Now I can say, "Cool!"

I used D6 Adventure as the core of both GODSEND Agenda and D6 Powers but I stole liberally from the legends system. ;)

A lot of that stuff got dumped because it got way too complicated. It was like they took Hercules and Xena and added a lot of unnecessary clutter.

As for the original question it would be easy to use Legend since its openly available

Sounds awesome ... need any help? ;)

A relaunch of Legend is something that I've been working on myself, its slow going because I've had to type of various material as I go but it is something that I definitely want. The simplified dice mechanic is what drew me to Legend in the first place, and to me it strips off some of the unneeded crunch that developed around d6 in its last incarnation from WEG.

Very interested in a sleeker D6 superhero powerset for use with Mini Six.

Cheers!

Very interested in a sleeker D6 superhero powerset for use with Mini Six.

I would also be quite interested in a sleek D6 powerset for use with Mini Six.

I was wondering who it was screaming like a thirteen-year-old girl watching a Justin Bieber concert and realized to my horror that it was me. :)

That is Awesome! Made me laugh so hard. Ya, I would love to see a D6 powers for mini six. Do we have any official word that it is on the mix?

I still enjoy Godsend Agenda, but it is a little overly complicated. Great setting though, I tend to use bits and pieces of the setting a lot.

That is Awesome! Made me laugh so hard. Ya, I would love to see a D6 powers for mini six. Do we have any official word that it is on the mix?

A supers-expansion is exactly what we're working on right now. (Well, one of several things.) Our biggest concern at the moment is trying to keep it streamlined but still able to offer variety. As of this moment our powers list is probably too sparse for most players' tastes, so we're trying to flesh it out.

Just tell me you are doing it with a Dice Pool for buying powers like in DCU instead of the point buy everyone seems to use now? Lie to me if you must ;)

DUDE!

How can I get in on a playtest!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Sorry... I fanboyed there for a second... I'm better now. ;)

DUDE!

How can I get in on a playtest!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Sorry... I fanboyed there for a second... I'm better now. ;)

:) We don't have a formal playtest program, but in a few weeks we might have the whole thing done. Don't get your hopes up for anything big. It'll be in our usual brief style.