D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
TinMan

Looking at Buying an 08 Dodge Grand Caravan, Opinions???

So yeah it's time to upgrade from my 07 Pontiac G5 SE, I'm leasing it and have exactly a year left but I'm already a 1000 over my alloted KM's.

So aslong as I take it to a GM lot I can have the early return penalty folded into what ever I buy from them. So one lot has an 08 Dodge Grand Caravan with 41 thousand Km's on it price isn't too bad with my penalty and the financing. I'm taking it for a test drive tomorrow.

Anyway what do you guys think of the 08 Dodge Grand Caravan?

How many kids do you have?

1 with a second we are going to roll up next year :-) Like last time I'm going to make it an advanced baby with 21 attribute points and 12D & 10 character points for skills to start. You gotta get the kid off to a good start! I'm just not sure about starting equipment yet...

Oh and we are thinking of getting a dog too.

So yeah a larger vehicle is in order

I'd say, if it's in your price range, go for it. I've known people who had Dodge Caravans and they've worked pretty well over time. They scream "family!" but that's what it sounds like you're working on expanding, so it'll probably fit you. They have a fair bit of room, for sure, so it'll work for the massive grocery store trips that you'll be needing to make in a few years. ;)

I'll admit I've had no direct experience with Dodge Caravan or even Dodge. But I've had such nightmarishly expensive experiences with GM and Ford cars that I've developed a prejudice against all American cars. I love this country but foreign auto business is allowed in America and I'll be damned if I'm going to go into debt for unexpected mechanical repairs anymore. I'll only buy new and I'll only buy Nissan and Honda for reliability. (I used to have Toyota on my list, but they've been Xed off now.)

I have an 05 Nissan Altma I bought in 04 and I've had no problems with it. Last year when my wife was still pregnant she got rid of her old hot rod (90 Honda Prelude) and we bought a more family-friendly 09 Honda CRV. It is a small SUV that is fuel efficient and big enough for our family. Even if we add a second child to our family, it should still be just enough room for us and our stuff. Even the Altima has a spacious back seat and trunk. I am so happy with both of out vehicles and have no complaints (well, except for the monthly car payment for the CRV - at least Altima was paid off a few years ago).

Regardless of your choice of vehicles, I wish you the best of luck with your vehicle purchase and may the gods of travel bless you!

Thank you all for your input.

At this point with the crazy dumb offer the dealership is pitching me (over double what the vehicle would be worth over 6 year payment plan) I'm going to tel them ram it.

We'll stick with the 07 Pontiac G5 SE at least for another year, it does have the mounts to carry 2 child seats. We may have to hold off on getting a dog thogh.

At least I now know more about the car buying process and what to watch out for so I don't get jammed/bent over the hood when the time comes :-)

Also I now know exactly what brand and type van I want, so this experience of getting a quote doing the test drive has not been a total waste.