D6 Online 3.0
BoardSupport

New Domain Name

I am grateful for everybody who returns to this board routinely to read and post information about D6 or other RPG topics. I know it has not been a good year for news regarding West End Games. But we have had regulars visit the boards and continue to post and keep hope for a brighter future. I am glad so many didn't give up and are working extremely hard on D6 systems.

I have determined it is time to rename the board. I do not think the main focus here is West End Games any longer. I will still 100% support their game systems and company (or lack of) as long as fans are interested. I will retain all orginal domain names, but the actual site will be renamed under a new domain and title.

Right now, I have owned the domain D6Online and will consider naming the board as such. I am asking for further suggestions for site names. Preferably ones that are still available as domain names so I can register them. If you feel you have a good one, please post it here.

I hope that 2011 turns out to be a better year for us all.

Thanks

Magman, I just want to chime in and say that you are a great guy and I truly appreciate all the hard work and dedication you have put into maintaining this forum. As it evolves and changes with the community, I thought it would be a good idea to remind you we are thankful.

I've got to second harmyn here. We definitely appreciate you keeping our home on the web orderly and available. Thanks for all you've done so far! We're looking forward to whatever the future brings!

I think its fantastic :-) I can only suggest placing an O at the beginning, i.e OD6Online.

I seen to be referring to it as the od6 system nowadays when i talk with friends :)

First of all, a big thank you to Magman for all the work and effort you've put into keeping this forum up and running and giving us a place to build back.

I think D6Online is a great URL, too.

Would D6Online (or any variations on that theme) retain the discussion areas for the non-D6 games like Torg?

While I am not familiar with the workings of Torg, most sites have at least an "Other RPGs" section. I know it's up to Magman but I myself would think there could easily be such a spot on the forum for other games and even Torg as a stand alone sub-forum. But that's just me.

Yes, thank you Magman.

Sure, I think there will still be a section for West End Games. Perhaps it should be named "Other Former West End Games". lol

But since the D6 system and D6 games are the main focus of this site, I think D6 Online is a fine name. But I think Eric owns some of the "Open D6" variations and perhaps he would be willing to hand them over since he opened D6 in the first place and decided to not personally lead the Open D6 movement.

I have opend6.net and opend6.org. I have a website in the works, since about may of this year, but it's not reliant on either domain name. If you want either, I'll be happy to transfer ownership to you.

I think d6Online is a better name though, since it encompasses more than just the recently opened verison.