D6 Online 3.0
Gangrel44

GURPS Conversions

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to take the Advantages/Disadvantages in the 4th edition of GURPS and converted them into D6.

Also, The magic spells and systems in GURPS I find to be very suitable for an upcoming horror campaign

I am trying to but together and I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried to take the spells and converted them into a D6 format. Granted, I could be doing this myself but I have a limited knowledge of the D6 system and would need the assistance of someone who far more well versed than I in such matters and I would be very grateful if someone could.

I like the D6 system...I think it is more simpler and less "cumbersome" than the GURPS system but there are certain things I do like about it and want to transfer over to a game system that I want to play for many years to come.

There is this (from the D6 Resources page) saved by the Internet Archive Wayback Machine - http://web.archive.org/web/20010421161716/www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Alley/8037/gurp2d6.html

It's not 4th Edition (IIRC, it would have been around 2nd Edition when this was done), but it might give some aid in the thought process! Hopefully you'll share anything you come up with - I'd like to see a D6 version with the thoroughness of GURPS and the ease of D6 as well!

for adv/disadv, a good rule of thumb would be: every 5 GURPS points equals 1 character creation point for D6.

So, a 5 point disadvantage in GURPS would be a rank 1 disadvantage in D6. 10pts = Rank2, etc.

I have a file which talks about using the GURPS spell colleges and adapting them to D6, but doesn't go about converting individual spells. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'd be happy to send it to you.

Edited by Rerun941