D6 Online 3.0
ptingler

OpenD6 Space Miniatures Now Available

http://docs.google.com/View?id=df8c3dbt_110dz8r4dgv

About this Document

This document was brought about by the generosity of Eric Gibson, owner of West End Games. He has given permission to make the content of the book originally published in 1993 under the ISBN number 0-87431-206-X part of the open gaming content available to players and publishers in the OpenD6 community. Additionally, two more people must be recognized as essential to this document. Stephen Crane and Paul Murphy are listed in the credits of the original book published by West End Games as designers. Without their work, there would be no text to make open gaming content. The changes made in this document are in order to remove any intellectual property that is not owned by West End Games. By only using what is owned by West End Games, this document is able to become a part of the OpenD6 project. Minimal formatting has been done in order to allow maximum copy/pasting and layout by those using the material in their own documents.

Edited by ptingler

This is cool. It's a safe guess that this is the REDACTED Miniatures Battle minus the REDACTED, right?

ISBN number 0-87431-206-X is REDACTED Miniatures Battles (2nd Edition)

Our work here is done.

:cool: Once again, the Men in Black have saved the day! :cool:

Nice work, ptingler!

Nice work. Any plans on including the material from the "Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion" ISBN 8-87431-216-7?

I just recently picked up both books but it is nice to have them under the OpenD6 Banner

Nice work. Any plans on including the material from the "Star Wars Miniatures Battles Companion" ISBN 8-87431-216-7?

I just recently picked up both books but it is nice to have them under the OpenD6 Banner

Not wanting to derail the thread, but are you Robert Stehwien, the creator of the Legendary Realms D6 variant?

Edited by Lee Torres

I've thought about doing that one too, but I haven't approached Eric about it. It took me about 2 months to complete this book as I had to re-type the entire book, make substitutions, then proof it. I work for a school and it made a nice summer break project, but now with school back in full swing I'm not sure that I have time to work on the companion at the moment.

Not wanting to derail the thread, but are you Robert Stehwien, the creator of the Legendary Realms D6 variant?

Yes I am (created using the "d6 system book", "Everway" and some other stuff). Sadly I never got to run it much so it didn't see any revisions. Been getting interested in D6 again (amazing how sometimes we come full circle). Might dust off Legendary Realms as a starting point for some of my ideas.... interested in adding some sort of mass battle system.

Yes I am (created using the "d6 system book", "Everway" and some other stuff). Sadly I never got to run it much so it didn't see any revisions. Been getting interested in D6 again (amazing how sometimes we come full circle). Might dust off Legendary Realms as a starting point for some of my ideas.... interested in adding some sort of mass battle system.

I'm going to try to avoid fanboyish gushing, but if there's nothing else that emerges from OpenD6, it'll have been worthwhile to me to have met some of the people, like you, that influenced my enjoyment of the D6 System early on - I was a huge fan of Star Wars D6, and the D6 System book, but I remember finding a link to Legendary Realms online one day and looking at what you were doing, and building on concepts from the "cookbook" and I remember a light bulb going off that anything at all was possible with the system. The way you benchmarked using heroes of literature and film, like Conan, Bilbo Baggins, Inigo Montoya, and other characters really made me sit up and take notice of the possibilities in the system. I used Legendary Realms quite a bit to run a campaign melding Zelazny's Amber Chronicles, the comic series Grimjack, and more or less every major fantasy setting one could name.

Too late to say "long story short" but I'd like to thank you for the work that you were putting into that game - it was a huge influence on me back then. If you dust it off and build more onto it, I'll definitely be first in line to see what you do!

Sorry to necro this thread, but....

Related to my recent questions here: http://www.wegfansite.com/forum/showthread.php?2879-A-Few-Design-OGL-Questions

I assume this minis combat system is now available under the OGL? If so, who do I credit for the work of putting it together (along with the two original designers Stephen Crane and Paul Murphy)? I'm going to use this as the basis for one or two Astral Empires sourcebooks (Astral Empires: Xenolegions and possibly Astral Empires: Alpha Marines) and I want to provide proper credit for the person who put this together.

Thanks! :)

Kevin

I'm the one that scrubbed the IP and created the document.

Yes, the document is part of OpenD6.

For section 15 of the OGL you can list the document as follows:

OpenD6 Space Miniatures, Copyright 2010, Purgatory Publishing Inc.

Sorry to necro this thread, but....

Related to my recent questions here: http://www.wegfansite.com/forum/showthread.php?2879-A-Few-Design-OGL-Questions

I assume this minis combat system is now available under the OGL? If so, who do I credit for the work of putting it together (along with the two original designers Stephen Crane and Paul Murphy)? I'm going to use this as the basis for one or two Astral Empires sourcebooks (Astral Empires: Xenolegions and possibly Astral Empires: Alpha Marines) and I want to provide proper credit for the person who put this together.

Thanks! :)

Kevin

Man I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my Star Warriors game. I had all the add-ons from all the early modules and such that included optional Star Warriors scenerios and everything. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. :mad:

What effect does troop quality have? I get that it costs 10 points for Elite and 20 for heroic, but cant find what quality actually does

Morale is affected by troop quality. Average begins with 5, Veteran is 6, and Elite is 7. Being a Hero is slightly different than troop quality. It allows more independent action and heroes are more powerful than troops.

Guest DM613

Any affairs on including the actual from the "brilliant Wars Miniatures Battles accompaniment" ISBN 8-87431-216-7?

when i try to print to pdf, I only get the first 11 pages, then a bunch of blank pages. An chance you have it is a pdf or rtf or word doc already?

I encountered the same issue on the Google Docs site (which must be the result of some upgrade, as I thought I'd DL'd the whole thing when it was first posted), so I've added my reformatted Word .DOC and .DOCX versions and a pair of Acrobat .PDF versions on my MediaFire site - http://www.mediafire.com/?g0fhz7ri192ed

They're not glamorous, but they are complete... ;)

(anybody that downloads them, please let me know if the title font shows up correctly - I'm not sure whether I embedded it correctly, and it probably won't look good if it didn't format... I checked it on my wife's laptop, and I think it worked, since she doesn't have the same fonts on her computer, but I'd like to be sure... Thanks!)

Edited by Lee Torres

Sorry for the late reply, I don't check the forums as much as I used to. Yeah, it must be an "upgrade" that Google did because I didn't modify the document. It looks like Lee hooked you up.