D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Grimace

Making the strong man

This is for Jerry, or anyone that might understand the character creation better than I in the D6 Powers book. How do you make a person that is super strong? Is there a power for it, or is it simply having a really, really high number of dice in Physique?

I are confused in this regard. :confused:

Yeah, I kinda gathered that based on the chart on page 22 and 23. What I didn't understand was how to get it to that point or if that was the only way to make a "strong man". So someone like the Hulk would just have a Physique of 15D or so?

I guess I was just hoping there was some other way to encompass the power without rolling 15D to do it.

I was trying to mirror a character that was created for using the Mutants and Masterminds system. Very strong, turns invisible, and can fly. I got the invisibility and flying part, but I couldn't easily figure out the "very strong" part other than having a large amount of dice in Physique.

Now, another question: If Physique is how you have a hulking strong man, it would also have a direct reflection on the amount of body points and thus durability for the character. The character, as created with M&M, is strong, but not overly able to take damage. How would you reflect something like that using D6 Powers?

So someone like the Hulk would just have a Physique of 15D or so?

The Hulk would have more with power limitations and advantages, and a large lifting and throwing skill with a skill minimum but basically yes.

I was trying to mirror a character that was created for using the Mutants and Masterminds system. Very strong, turns invisible, and can fly. I got the invisibility and flying part, but I couldn't easily figure out the "very strong" part other than having a large amount of dice in Physique.

Sadly that the nature of the beast as far as D6 Powers is concerned.

You don’t need a lot of dice to be strong using D6 Powers. To lift 8 tons you only need an average roll on 6D. If you’re looking for Hulk levels you would unfortunately need a lot of dice.

The character, as created with M&M, is strong, but not overly able to take damage. How would you reflect something like that using D6 Powers?

Buy the super human levels of Physique with a Power Limitation that’s defined as not giving you the dice for body points.

Now, another question: If Physique is how you have a hulking strong man, it would also have a direct reflection on the amount of body points and thus durability for the character. The character, as created with M&M, is strong, but not overly able to take damage. How would you reflect something like that using D6 Powers?

Want strong, but don't want it to affect Body Points, then don't boost Physique. Boost the skill "Lifting" that is under Physique. Now you do more damage and can lift more, but don't have more body points (or strength to soak wound levels).