D6 Online 3.0
Kansas Jim

Masterbook, Shatterzone, Bloodshadows sold to Precis Intermedia

Congrats to Precis Intermedia! The source states that they intend to reprint everything including the card decks. I assume that means that Bloodshadows will be in its orignal Masterworks system and Shatterzone will be in its original system.

Since I've never experienced the Masterworks system, but have always had more than a mild curiosity in Bloodshadows, I might think about picking that up when they reprint it.

Since I've never experienced the Masterworks system, but have always had more than a mild curiosity in Bloodshadows, I might think about picking that up when they reprint it.

There was the D6 version of Bloodshadows that Eric released a few years back...

I still think Shatterzone has the potential of becoming a popular Sci Fi RPG. I am curious to see if Precis Intermedia are willing to do what it takes to take it to that level :)

Bloodshadows just requires illustrations by Frank Miller, and you're there :)

Hi all. I will start getting the reprints underway when I receive the files from Eric. He was away for a bit, so he needs some time to settle in first. I'm in the process of getting custom cards printed for our Two-Fisted Tales RPG as a test for the MasterBook cards - I'll be combining the Shatterzone and MasterBook cards into one deck and I may also do a deck of blank cards to make your own. I'll also work on getting the novels back in print.

Beyond that, I have ideas, but nothing concrete yet.

Brett M. Bernstein

Precis Intermedia

Precis now has an OpenD6 version of Bloodshadows up for sale. It comes with a copy of D6 Adventure and appears to include material from a variety of WEG's Bloodshadows books ("Based on material originally printed in the World of Bloodshadows, Galitia Citybook, Mean Streets campaign pack, and Sorcerer’s Cribsheet, revised and expanded for the OpenD6 System.")

http://www.pigames.net/store/product_info.php?cPath=108&products_id=624

Thanks, Kansas Jim. I just want to clarify that it's the same as WEG's original Bloodshadows D6 book, except that it has the new OpenD6 logo, a few trivial text changes, and a formerly-separate mini-adventure.

Precis now has an OpenD6 version of Bloodshadows up for sale.

Thanks for the notification. Good to know.

I just want to clarify that it's the same as WEG's original Bloodshadows D6 book, except that it has the new OpenD6 logo, a few trivial text changes, and a formerly-separate mini-adventure.

Thanks for the clarification. Good to know.

I already have the WEG version of this book, but I think it is cool to see Bloodshadows being back in business. I am hoping Shatterzone will soon follow. For Bloodshadows I think there is a lot of potential in restructuring the scope of the setting in one way or another. The same applies to SZ actually.

I am not sure what to think about that news. Bloodshadows has great potential but was executed badly. If it is only a reprint it won't get any better. It needs a clear focus. Especially the novels feature very different scenarios: Blood of Tarian is a fantasy setting with guns while Hell's Feast and Demon's Dream are Marlowe with Magic. The Fifth Horseman on the other hand is more like Cthulu than anything else. I always tried to GM it the way the Deacon novels (Hell's Feast and Demon's Dream) showed the world. To put them all in one setting would contradict the whole setting.

But there are many questions that need to be answered:

How does the economy work (and it doesn't work on scavanging alone as it is often hinted)?

How does the transport work and how is it done? (In my plays I used something similar to the medieval King's Road, a Highway that is maintained and safeguarded by the cities that are connected and used only in convoy together with a magic tank)?

What is legal and what isn't (Serie Noir without smuggling simply is no fun)?

Are there any higher authorities (to maintain the highway some sort of military or highwaypatrol is needed)?

If there are higher authorities, is there any form of governing body (even if it is only a council of cities)?

If magic is the basic of economy how does this work in everyday life (I used a currency backed with elemental magic because even in a magic society food production limits population growth)?

And of course: where in the cities are the food production facilities (even today a city needs a lot of space in the vicinity to plant food not to mention all the food that is imported, but if the vicinity is not safe because of monsters everywhere how do they do it instead)?

Shatterzone Reprint

Nearly the same is true for the Shatterzone reprint though of different reasons. The focus of Shatterzone is not too broad but too narrow. It is basically a nasty version of Star Trek. You can play the planet of the week or an entire campaign on a planet, but planets have the Star Trek phenomenon: there is one government, one culture or two opposing and that's it. The planets need more fleshing out but it has lots of potential. Especially the inner Consortium planets need a lot of fleshing out as they should be an overcrowded hotbead of intrigue and crime. This could become Shadowrun in space (without magic but with psi and lots of different races - there are too few races in the published works).

Precis Intermedia's latest set of the ENnie Award-nominated Disposable Heroes® paper miniatures is now available... Bloodshadows™: 30 different figures of the various cultures and vocations in the world of Bloodshadows. Available as either a Statix or Customizable Download, these miniatures are the perfect accessory for not only Bloodshadows, but also other fantasy-noir/pulp games.

Customizable Disposable Heroes are full color, downloadable paper miniatures that can be customized through an online interface. Specify which figures are downloaded to a PDF file, as well as whether or not they are labeled and/or numbered. In addition, entire pages of duplicate figures can be downloaded, making the creation of armies a breeze. Each set is available as A-Frame Stand-ups, Tri-Fold Stand-ups, and Flat Counters. When printed, the minis are sharp and detailed (black & white figures can also be downloaded for those with older non-color printers). Settings can also be saved for later quick-download or printing to order in full-color.

Statix Disposable Heroes consist of beautifully-illustrated, ready-to-print paper miniatures in the same three formats as customizable sets but as a single, convenient download. And for those who go through armies, Statix sets give you just that--a filled sheet of each figure in each of the three formats, as well as numbering to keep track of duplicates. And if that weren't enough, each set is done in BOTH color and black & white. In fact, each Statix set is assembled as a single, ready-to-use download via the same online system that powers the Customizable version.