D6 Online 3.0
Tetsuoh

Equipment Enhancements

okay so I've been looking and its been too long - galladium's fantastic had a paragraph on pg 3 that talks about permanent enhancements to equipment via advanced engineering skills to be published in a later supplement. (other than the handbook)

I could of sworn I saw this before but can't remember in what book.

A little help?

The reason I ask this is because I'm trying to find rulings on converting the power sources of a weapon and on how to modify armor - which I haven't been able to find anything on yet.

Specifically - if its possible to make a heavy blaster version of the Blastech DC-15s or increase its dmg code beyond those allowed in the standard book.

As well as how to convert an armors body suit to be vacuum sealed with an air supply as well.

Regarding the blaster... on page 60 of 2nd Ed R&E there's a section about upgrading weapons using the Blaster Repair skill.

As far as retooling Armor, I don't recall any specifics that were ever published... there are a few sets of production armor and a few prototype battle suits, but no rules regarding building armor from scratch or making individual improvements.

The basic rule of thumb is that something can be improved 5 pips (+1D+2) corresponding to Easy, Moderate, Difficult, Very Difficult and Heroic difficulties.

yeah I was trying to find out if there was a way to increase a blaster beyond what the 2nd Ed. R&E said. I guess I'll need to engineer a Heavy blaster version of the firearm from scratch. *sigh*

And what I find weird is how the books talk about armor modifications in most armor listings but then never gives rules on modifications... I suppose you could still go by the basic Handbook rules but I'm not sure how well that works for armor and it doesn't work for things like adding weapons to the armor. On the other hand D20 has a nice set of rules for this - although I hate to admit it. I could suggest to our gm that we convert them for use in our d6 games, though I don't know how to do so, or how well it would work.

thanks rerun.

Yeah, I'd say creating just about anything from scratch requires an Engineering (A) skill. In this case, Blaster Engineering (A).

For Armor, I'm sure you can come up with something good.. just use the existing rules as a guide. The rulebook shows that blasters can be improved, you can improve the damage and range... I'm sure you could also improve the ammo of the blaster packs using the +5%/+10%/+15%/+20%/+25% as a guide.

And since ship systems can be improved individually, I'd say that individual armor systems can be improved similarly. Start with the base stats of the armor and then you can improve the vs. Physical, vs Energy, remove the Dex penalty (up to 1D+2), add maybe one or two systems per Arm, Leg, Torso, Back, Head (or have a set number of improvement "slots") So, things like a sealed suit, breathing system, wrist blaster, macrobinoculars, Strength Servos, etc. each use up one Armor improvement slot.

If you want to build Armor from scratch, you'll need to use Armor Engineering (A) or Powersuit Engineering (A)

okay so I've been looking and its been too long - galladium's fantastic had a paragraph on pg 3 that talks about permanent enhancements to equipment via advanced engineering skills to be published in a later supplement. (other than the handbook)

I could of sworn I saw this before but can't remember in what book.

A little help?

The supplement that goes into more detail about the (A) Engineering skill is Hideouts & Strongholds. It has one main skill with many possible specializations, each specialization with its own list of prerequisites. The specialiaztions listed are:

• Armor
  • Captial Ship
  • Civil/Industrial
  • Computer
  • Droid
  • Ground Vehicle
  • Hover Vehicle
  • Installation
  • Repulsorlift
  • Space Transports
  • Starfighter
  • Walker
  • Weapons

And that would be why I can't find it - I lost my stronghold book in the move - Dang it.

Well now I know I wasn't imagining things.

TY Whill.

BAH - after looking at my friends copy of H&S all it does is introduce the engineering skill - and only goes into detail about the installation specialization.

doesnt help for rules for designing or constructing blasters or armor.....*sighs*

I've seen something about Blaster Engineering somewhere before- it's been a while and I can't remember where, but it's out there somewhere.

I've seen something about Blaster Engineering somewhere before- it's been a while and I can't remember where, but it's out there somewhere.

Must've been a fan-made set of rules, because I just went through all of my indexes for just about every D6 Star Wars product there was. Granted, it didn't incude some of the stuff in the Challenge magazines, but there was nothing in any of the D6 material for blaster engineering. I even went through the indexes for the D20 (non-Saga) Star Wars material and there wasn't anything.

So if you end up finding it, please post it so we can all get it.

If we don't find this - I'm going to start a fan made set of rulings for it and armor engineering.

I'll start it as a topic and would greatly appreciate any help from the community.

Edited by Tetsuoh

I flipped through GG6 Fragments from the Rim and it has a description and stats block for a very modified or specially designed suit of armor for a bounty hunter GC, but I didn't see any rules for designing armor or weapons. I looked in Fantastic Technolgy and it has rules for repairing, jury-rigging and properly modifying equipment including weapons and armor, but there are no rules for actually designing them. I'd venture an educated guess that there are no such published rules in existance.

The first one. The official title on the book's spine is just Fantastic Technology. On the blue cover it says "Galladinium's Fantastic Technology: guns and gear for any occasion."

For reference, the other two are Fantastic Technology: Droids and Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear. I looked in the personal gear one and there are no design rules in there for anything.

In the meantime I shall start up a homebrew set myself. If you find them and they are better than what we come with - all the better. thanks for helping