D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Sleepers Awake : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 1

The crew and passengers rest, repair, and remember how they felt and feared during the appearance of Gashtene. An impromptu dinner is brought together by the ship's steward. A drink of Chumetl and smoked Hmelu warm the belly as the night takes over the sky. Jathali finds Hanumal. "Gather your friends and follow me down to the hold." Hanumal quickly gathers Osure, Kamar, and Ur Athal The group descends the short flight of stairs to the galley-way. Then they see Jathali and two Azure legionnaires in front of a locked door. Jathali has the guards open the doorway, and beckons the group forwards. As you enter the ships hold, you see a dark room, a larger part of the size of the ship's hull represented there-in. There is a lot more room down here then visible from atop. A small makeshift prison is seen in the corner, a man is unbound pacing to and fro. His mutterings echo the hold. "aaaahh, uhhhh, bottomless, booooom.... then eyes of blue. bottomless..... boooooooooooom, then eyes of blue..." The voice, although desperately shallow, eerily booms through the hold.

Jathali has the guards open a large wooden container, the same that was brought on board prior to departure. Three objects are brought out and laid upon the floor in front of the group. Jathali pipes in as they are laid about. "This one, the wooden trinket here; we do not know the ancient writings on it, as the dialect is extremely old; but these two words were deciphered by eleventh circle scholars as "Ksarul's Doom". The second here, is a map, a very old one at that. The markings were enhanced meticulously by library scholars, and several previously invisible markings and areas of the map have become visible." He then moves over to the last one. "This last one, is a talisman of sorts. We have had difficulty reading it in it's entirety, as time has worn the lettering sheen in places. But it is of the tongue of The One Other, that much we know." Jathali looks up, expectant of the questions that are likely to pour from the groups' lips.

{GM Note: You may reply with initial reactions, or questions..,or communicate to one another.}

Edited by Lubidius

{GM Note: Ur Athal has RL delays, but just checking in if anyone wishes to reply. I can move us forward if no one wishes to chime in.}

Hanúmal looks over the artifacts, looking for anything that might seem familiar. "Sunúz. The tongue of the cult of the One Other is known as Sunúz. I suspect we have no one aboard that can read it?"

[[Purchasemonkey and I are on vacation in a place with little internet access and will be home Saturday. Osur'e would look to see if she could read the language of the wooden trinket. Can she? She reads Bednalljin and the Tongue of the Priests of Ksarul.]]

"I do not speak Sunuz. Where were these found? And why have they been brought with us?"

{GM Note: You 'might' have a chance to decipher a word or two more. A 'slim' one, but when you get a chance Danielle do one roll for EACH of those languages please. Of course, when the Nosalas' makes port soon, you might be able to find literature on the language; or attempt to at least! It's obviously a rarity. As you collect information that 'might' allow for a re-roll, I'd tap your shoulder to let you know to try again. Thanks for the replies (all). Hold off any more and I'll reply based on what you've stated.}

Edited by Lubidius

[[ I am rolling for Int +pips in language? I thought having pips in the language at all granted fluency? If so I am confused about the roll. Here it is though:

I got a 17 for Bednaljin Salarvyani. And a 25 for Tongue of Priests of Ksarul, rolling 5D+1 for each]]

{GM Note: Composing reply.......... composing reply...... @Danielle: The language involved is not directly either of the languages you are fluent in, but by etymology, you 'might' be able to denote one or two more words out of the gaggle. It's a long shot, and likely would require access to a well stocked library. Complete side-note, but this is a cool site for etymology - http://www.myetymology.com/english/plantocracy.html Try out the [Random Word] link a few times.}

Edited by Lubidius

"Perhaps a demonstration would speak louder then words. This man, who you have no doubt wondered by now of his importance, was found unconscious, and barely alive, by an imperial caravan in the middle of the Desert of Eyagi. Surrounding him , was a large 'portion' of a makeshift room; as if it had been ripped up by the immortal hand of Ksarul himself and placed in the middle of nowhere. A complex hut at best, the 'room' was ornate considering the simple materials used. These three objects along with some personal effects were found with him. His mind however seems to have stayed from whence he came. He is completely mad, bonkers. Our concern arrises not from his insanity but because of this....." Jathali picks up the wooden object, makes his way towards the crazed man, and raises it in front of the 'cage'... The man quickly bows, and gibbers several inaudible words, which slowly come into your ears with enough form to hear. "Ksarul, Ksarul lord of blue.. Ksarul, Ksarul lord of blue... " As the words are emoted from the man's lips, a swirling 'cloud' of energy forms over the man, shaking and rattling the cage around him. "Ksarul... Ksarul Lord of bl... " Jathali quickly yanks the wooden trinket away from the cage. "This man's ability to form and manipulate Pedhétl is beyond measure. More so then any Tsolyani before him that we have record of. As you can also see, he appears older then his bone strength, hair color and general form would entail. He complains at times of stomach pains, and has ulcerated wounds appearing which he picks at incessantly. He is truly a man possessed, both in spirit and in body. We have reason to believe that this may be a powerful ward of binding, one of the wards protecting a key to Ksarul's tomb."

Edited by Lubidius