Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Sleepers Awake : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 1

Recommended Posts

Having heard only garbled bits of the priestess' words, Kamár decides that angering the demon lord is probably not the wisest choice for mama Shekkára's green-eyed boy. He hoped it would be satisfied with the greasy Salarvyáni and not decide to follow that course with some lean Tsolyáni soldiers for dessert. He takes up a defensive posture next to Hánumal and prepares to defend himself or his comrade from the demon's attacks. (Basically, he's distracting the demon while it eats, but not attacking, and trying to defend Hánumal and himself until the demon gets full and leaves.)

 

Kamár's Melee or Fighting, 4D+1: 1,1,1 (wow!) +6+4 (Wild) +1

Edited by Purchasemonkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

{GM Note: I've got everything I need now, but Hanumal, if you want to additionally give me a Coordination roll, and a Melee roll for your attempt to leap and attack the remaining eyes, that will help. If you don't see this within the next hour, I'll roll for you to speed up my reply.}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coordination: 5, 3, 4 = 14

 

Melee: 5, 5, 5, 3, 4, 6 = 28

 

((For the record, I'm on Pacific Time, and leave home for the 60 to 90 minute-long morning commute at 6:15. For future reference, there is no possible way for me to respond to a request for rolls at 6:21 AM local time within an hour. Even on the best traffic days, I might be at my desk and logging in by 7:21, but still wouldn't be on the internet and able to hit the dice rollers by that time. Sorry, but as I said, for future reference. Same applies for 4:45 pm to 6:15 pm local time, since I'm on the way home then. If you see me online at that time, I'm checking the site on my Blackberry, and I could improvise with the Tumbling Dice app on my cellphone, but I'd have to do it 2D6 at a time... ;) ))

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanumal makes an attempt to lunge and plunge his pointy sword into the remaining orbits of the demon Gashtene. Hanumal slips lightly while attempting the maneuver, unfortunately moving his body into the oncoming path of the demon. As Hanumal attempts to wrangle his limbs into action (note: in lieu of expending a character or fate point to survive :)) The chopped arm of the enchanting sorcerer floats in between Hanumal and the demon's remaining ocular blobs. As the demon senses his evocator's demise, he hears Osure ring out his final true name "...Tnóbu!". The immense translucent body that is Gashtene begins to contort and shrink into a purplish ball of energy. Kamar's half readied melee attack takes shape too late to obtain a palpable hit on the demonic form.

 

The energy blob that once was Gashtene The Malevolent, greatest Lord Of The Orb Of The Sea, proceeds to quickly speed up and blast through the water towards the piratical turtle boat. Before they can do more then jump ship swiftly overboard, the turtle boat is torn in two, sending all aboard into the air, and slamming about on the water or against the Nosalas.

 

{GM Note: All who were still on board, please roll a Dodge, Agility, and Coordination - all three please. You may now openly role-play your recovery to the Nosalas, and immediate reactions to your recent encounters for up to two exchanges of replies in the thread. I will make a posting when to stop open role-play. The Nosalas will begin to make way for port in Salarvya once any injured crew-members are stabilized on board}.

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal watches the destruction of pirate's boat as he surfaces in the sea. Cursing his luck that he missed the final strike on the demon's eyes, he begins to push through the waves back to the Nosalas.

 

Finding an oar in the water, he clutches on and begins to climb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[Dodge = W2+6, Agility = W2+2, Coordination = W4+3. Based on those amazingly mediocre rolls, I am going to assume Osure is having problems, but won't elaborate on her actions until I know for sure what those problems are]]

 

As she tries to dive overboard, Osure's world explodes into splinters and violet light. She hits the water, which drives all the breath from her lungs, and is immediately entangled within her priestly robes.

 

There is no up or down, no surface to see, just murky water, firya cloth obscuring her vision, and utter confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[I am a little unsure as to exactly where I am at this moment, since my attempted actions were not clearly resolved. If you could enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated. :)]

 

{GM Note: Let me clarify. I did omit a bit there didn't I. You were able to jump overboard, release("flick", "throw" or "otherwise let loose") the arm towards Gashtene, then as you were attempting to attack further, the demon was released back to it's Plane of origin. As you were therefore still in the water at that time, no dice rolls would be needed. You should be able to clamor over to the Nosalas and re-board the ship.}

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár, astonished and a bit bewildered that the sorceress' mad plan actually worked, arrows confidently through the water. He searches for his principal, hoping to rescue her before the success of her plan sends her to the bottom of the ocean.

 

"Osúre! Kick your legs like a pair of shears! Keep your head up! Spread your hands wide and push them down, like 'the Kúni Stoops for the Hmélu,' and then bring them up and do it again!" He hoped that she had some training in Hu'ón, or his words would be worse than useless.

 

He fervently hoped there were no more monsters in the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I am a decent swimmer, I will attempt to aid anyone having difficulties getting to the Nosalas.

 

Swimming Results for 4D Wild Die: 2 Die 2: 6 Die 3: 4 Die 4: 5 Total: 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur Athal moves to aid the two surviving crew-members that had taken part in the boarding. While reasonable swimmers, they were vastly fatigued by the previous combat; and accepted Ur Athal's large N'luss body as the floating raft it was. While as large as a floating island, Ur Athal was surprisingly mobile about the shimmering sea.

 

Osure, while her prowess in the primal energies of the planes was high, her ability to doggie paddle left room for improvement. The explosion had additionally knocked her leg against the side of the Nosalas. Bruising ensues. She is successful at paddling her way to the remains of one of the previously attached gang planks.

 

Hanumal grabs the remains of an oar, using it to aid his approach to the boat. He sees that Osure is struggling a bit to move to safety. Hanumal moves to Osure's side, giving her his body as a platform from which to spring further onto the gang plank. Several of the ropes originally used to grapple the boats together remained tethered and hanging along the side of the Nosalas.

 

Crew-members, and a few un-shackled slaves alike begin to appear on the side. A sense of respect to the aid the boarders provided beams across their faces. They quickly use extra oars and ropes to help all of the boarders back on board.

 

Kamar, is last to board. Kamar had seen a remaining wounded pirate and grapples around his neck, while moving towards the ship's side. Crew-members help "hook" the enemy pirate with an ornate spear, careful not to cause more injury for now, as questions will likely ensue. Dead pirates can't speak.

 

{GM Note: You are now all aboard the Nosalas. Osure is in "stunned' state (barely). The rest are all fatigued considerably, and remain freaked out from the sight of a demon such as Gashtene. Any questions, PM me please. I had to post quickly during break from family time}

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal climbs aboard the Nosalas, meeting the eyes of Heréksa Kómulis hiNáshomai, taking in the cleanliness of his clothes and his sheathed weapons.

 

"I pray that you are not overly disappointed, Heréksa. I still live, and this group is still under my command."

 

hiNáshomai blanches visibly at the rebuke. "Kási... I was working out the best strategy to defeat the demon. We were on the verge of action when the priestess found a way to conquer the horror from the orb."

 

Kási Hanúmal turns to his men, scrutinizing each in turn. "When next the ship is threatened, if your weapons remain clean and sheathed, you'll be joining the slaves at the oars. I am gravely disappointed. Each of you is aboard this ship because you have impressed me in the past. Do not disappoint me again."

 

He turns and makes his way to Barrel of Swords, cursing under his breath. He stops to assist Kamar aboard. "When the priestess is recovered from her experience, I ask that you summon me at once. There is a question of import that I must ask of her."

 

Heréksa Jgrukékku hiChanu’urunr and the aridáni Kuruthúni Ziyá hiZhayárvu follow Hanúmal as he storms across the deck. "Kási, a word?" Jgrukékku ventures.

 

Hanúmal stops.

 

"Kási, Heréksa Kómulis felt it wiser to protect the Princess..."

 

"The Princess has her own defenders aboard."

 

"It is his clan, Kási. As you know, he is of the Golden Sunburst. It would bring his clan much glory were he to single-handedly save-"

 

Hanúmal cuts him off in mid-sentence. "I understand that he may have motives that we can scarce comprehend, let alone share. While he is under my command, though, and it may not be long that he is, his motives - and yours - must be as my own."

 

Kuruthúni Ziyá speaks. "I was aboard the pirate boat, Kási, with the giant. I had returned for more Kuruthúni when the boat was destroyed. See?" She lifts her blade, still dark with blood.

 

"You do honor to the Legion of the Mighty Prince, Kuruthúni. As always."

 

"Chegúkh, Kási!"

 

Hanúmal turns to resume his path to Barrel of Swords. The mouths Hanúmal can see both bear wide grins. "Something pleases you, tùsmikrú?"

 

"You've become quite the Kási of Kuruthúni since last we fought together."

 

"Not so skilled at it as my teacher, I fear."

 

"But it seems you fear little else. That's good. You'll be an Ahoggyá yet!"

 

Hanúmal laughs, and much of his fury and disappointment dissipates.

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur Athal strides forth, walking slowly towards Hanumal, glancing at the prancing ponies in their fine dress, not a spatter of blood upon them with disdain, and slight regard. As he approaches Hanumal a smile full of child like glee encroaches the rugged features of his face.

 

Loud enough to be heard, but not crass, Ur Athal speaks.

 

"Surely this day Karakan has smiled upon me, for he has shown me a path to glory. Demons do not lightly come to this world, nor do those who call them do so without purpose. Whatever this purpose might have been it was surely to thwart all that is right and good, thus do I find myself at a crossroads, whether to continue to wander, or to follow the gods gentle prodding. I shall not claim to read the eddies in the river of fate, but I shall allow myself to be carried by the current for a time, as long as honor and glory are served. Henceforth, until such time as Karakan wills otherwise and shows me a different path to follow, I humbly beseech thee to allow me to follow the honorable Kasi who was first to hear Karakan's call this day, while I was sorely tested, and bested by an ill advised night of melancholy. Will you take the sworn friendship of one who has bled with you, and sheathed blades in the bodies of the enemy, for that is what I offer. Alas it is sad that Karakan moved in so few today."

 

The last sentence is spoken loud enough for all to hear, and as he says this he looks pointedly at the coward in his fine dress, a casual smirk of superiority crawling across his face. At the last he prays the coward takes this opportunity to redeem himself in the gods eyes by taking the bait and requesting a duel, though if he is truly a coward he will simply lash out, either way he will meet my blade ready as ever to smite the wicked.

 

[Hanumal should realize that essentially outside of Hanumal being a craven coward, or otherwise acting dishonorably (read completely falls to evil in the cheesy Anakin prequel way), Ur Athal has his back so to speak. Ur Athal fully expects an attack from the coward Kómulis now or later, it is good that he is never surprised. To Ur Athal Komulis is a worm a non entity until he flings himself into the jaws of near certain death in glorious battle. The rest are merely lesser men, who chose to follow the least leader, instead of the greater. The world needs such else how would lands be conquered, slaves got, glory had, not all can be heroes and true servants of the god.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal regards the towering Nlüss somberly. "Ssa, tùsmisímu, chegúkh. Lord Karakán has put you with me, and it is clear now that he is not without his greater purpose. I will take your friendship. I am Kási Hanúmal hiKharsáma, of the Clan of the Iron Fist. This is my brother-in-arms, the Ahoggyá Barrel of Swords. Coming down from the rigging is the Pé Chói Ttk-chtk-dsá. Here is one of my Heréksa, Jgrukékku hiChanu’urunr of the Red Mountain clan. This is the Kuruthúni Ziyá hiZhayárvu, Joyous of Vrá clan, she who fought beside you on the pirate boat. The rest I will introduce to you when they are once more worthy of introduction."

 

 

* tùsmisímu= you of wide journeying: to a respectable foreign person.

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well met honorable Kasi. I am pleased to meet all of you, it is not everyday blood is spilled and bravery sanctified by it, but today is such a day, and if Karakan wills it we will see many more in each others fellowship. Excuse me if I am in any way being rude, I am still learning your ways being an unschooled foreigner... but perhaps you can enlighten me as to why such forces would be interested in this ship, surely it was not pure chance such a thing crossed our path, and while our steps were guided by the god; who shows the path to our enemies and to what purpose? Perhaps it is time we question the lone survivor of their ill fated venture, or perhaps one amongst the people of your land already know the answers to the questions we would ask. Have you a course of action in mind, for surely as in all matters of battle speed is of the essence, the sooner we know, the sooner we will be ready to face further conflict."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"It is in no way rude, tùsmisímu. A wise course of inquiry. We must see if the surviving pirate can be... persuaded to reveal the intent of the others. If he cannot be made to give up his secrets, then we must be more wary when at last we reach port, for after so dismal a defeat, they will never know satisfaction unless they revisit the attempt."

 

Hanúmal's thoughts are attacking one of the Nlüss' statements; "or perhaps one amongst the people of your land already know the answers to the questions we would ask." He considers the Captain of the vessel, or the mysterious and seldom seen "leader" of the expedition, Jathali, that appeared aboard immediately before they sailed. Perhaps this was not unexpected. He needed to stop thinking like a Kási and more like a Kérdudali. Enough of following orders like a simple-minded chlén...

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ahhh...surely the gentle hand, and kind voice will sooner part him from his secrets, than the hard sting of the whip, which hardens the hearts of men with spite. Perhaps a friend amongst us is what he needs, a secret member of theirs within our company to commiserate with, perhaps someone guarding him, who is awaiting further instructions. Instructions which may never come now since their plan has failed. Who amongst us is a master of dissembling? Do you know of one who might be able to do battle with words and take this to an acceptable conclusion? My strength lies in the blade not in the tongue."

Edited by Ur Athal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal chuckles at the giants self-deprecatory wiles. "I think I have just the man. He may redeem his failure this battle by delivering us glory in the next."

 

He turns to the milling and dispirited troops on the deck. "Kuruthúni Treshélmu hiTlekólmü, of the clan of the Bright Sword. Approach, kèshitsám, I have a task for you."

 

Kuruthúni Treshélmu trots swiftly across the deck; a handsome young man with a ready, if currently uneasy, smile.

 

"Ssa, Kási Hanúmal?"

 

Hanúmal turns to the hulking Nlüss. "Treshélmu here is of a low clan. He made his living as an entertainer, an actor. He joined the Legion of the Mighty Prince to better his standing, and perhaps to gather experience that he might call upon if he returns to his craft. If he told me that Túleng had been snuffed out at mid-day, I would be compelled by uncertainty to verify his claim. There's no better liar in my tsurúm, which is why he is here. If anyone can convince this pirate of anything at all, it is he. Kuruthúni, attend closely..."

 

 

 

kèshitsám= you of placid indifference: to social inferiors who appear to be pushing for undeserved respect.

 

((To confirm that I'm not just making this up spur of the moment, here's an earlier OOC thread post where I referenced the acting prowess of this NPC...))

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Two guards should be present, otherwise our quarry will be wary like a herd animal catching the scent of the predator lying in wait. You will feed him and slip a message to him with his meal. A message which will be carefully composed, crude handwriting, in common vernacular, suggestive but not explicit. We shall walk lightly in his garden of secrets lest we disturb the fruit. Several shifts will go by, and then your opportunity will present itself when the officer in charge arrives to temporarily remove your companion for other duties. This is when you will speak to him. He should be pliant and tractable after the tender ministrations of the previous watch. Pain and sweetness in equal measure. He will need a friend and be willing to speak to you, a secret friend. You will be interrupted frequently, he will come to savor the moments he might be able to speak to his friend. We will drain him of his knowledge, and when we are done you will arrange for him to escape, so that we might follow. Of course he will need to escape with vital information, or should I say misinformation. If you perform well and the fruit we desire is carefully plucked, surely the master of your destiny will speak well of you. Alas what should the letter say, we should ruminate upon this..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Treshélmu thinks for a moment. "Tùsmisímu, let me consider this challenge. Kási, may I make use of the ship's troops as the situation requires?"

 

Hanúmal nods. "Should any defy you, let them know that they defy me also, and will answer to me for it, tsám... Your unusual skills have made you the hope of us all, early in this expedition. Perform your craft well, and you will be rewarded."

 

“Ssa, tùsmikáng! Chegúkh, Kási!”

 

Treshélmu, drumming his fingers against his right temple, heads aft.

 

Hanúmal speaks quietly to the Nlüss. "He will not fail us. His destiny has given him this moment as a gift. He dare not refuse it."

 

tsám= you: to people of the lowest class.

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"If it is the gods will they will surely move him to new heights in his art... and if not it shall at least be instructive to observe his performance unfold before us. If we are fortunate they shall not humble us for our cleverness, but reward us for our labors. Alas all there is left for us is to wait and observe, thus teaching us once again the hardest lesson for a warrior to learn. Patience will often bring victory, if the warrior has taken action at the true time of decision. An enemy may be defeated before ever a blade is swung, a bow strung, or a fire set. Yet this does not answer a question I have for thee. What is my new purpose, now that the god has set me at your side, for though I am willing and happy to serve his will, reaching out in a dark room knowing not what is there makes me uncomfortable. So do you know anything more of these happenings than I, honored Hanumal?"

Edited by Ur Athal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I regret that I know nothing more than you concerning these events, but I vow to change that ignorance, for both of us, if it is possible. There are three conversations to be had. In the meantime, I have three details watching over this ship, and Detail bíyal, consisting of the Ahoggyá Barrel of Swords, the Pé Chói Ttk-chtk-dsá, and me, is lacking one warrior to be equal in numbers to the others. Will you stand the last watch with me, and defend these souls against whatever haunts the dark whilst Túleng travels the underworld before heralding the dawn?"

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Most certainly I shall stand the watch with you. Hopefully the lady and her guard will soon join us and further enlighten us in regards to our recent troubles. Until then may we remain vigilant and alert so those in our charge may rest easy, knowing all that can be done shall be done. May fortune favor the brave."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[Our friends had a baby today and we have been at the hospital all day. Will try and reply tomorrow. sorry]]

{GM Note: Take your time! Enjoy the moment with your friend. My best to them in their new endeavor. Also, and this is to everyone.. beautiful posts of late. Really inspiring. I can't say that enough about this group of folks.}

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár salutes in his best (and none too accurate) military fashion at the kási's command, "Túsmimra harékh, áing!" then returns to assisting his principal.

 

"Chegúkh, turn your head to the side, túsmishan, and cough up the waters," he gently suggests. He hesitates, considering whether or not it is appropriate, now that the high-clan priestess is safely aboard, to clap her on the back to clear her lungs.

 

"That were good thinking, túsmishan, I think you may have saved us all." As she recovers herself, he listens to the elaborate and courtly conversation between the two warriors with growing bemusement. "They'll be marrying each other's sisters next, né?" he mutters to himself.

 

"Come now, honored priestess, if you're able, we should get you below-decks so you can recover from your hardships and present yourself to the kási; there's intrigue afoot, and someone has to represent our temple. The Doomed Prince knows it won't be me!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osúre has almost all of the water out of her lungs when the Guardsman's ill timed joke causes her to laugh and aspirate half of it back in, setting of a fit of coughing.

She nods weakly at the bit about politics and allows him to help her to her feet, but, unaware that she resembles a drowned tiúni, refuses to be led below decks. "Changing will be unnecessary. My ocean bath seems to have washed away most of the blood Please fetch my mask to me and inform the kási and our strange Nhlüs passenger that I will join them momentarily."

 

She walks across the deck and stared down at the impaled soldier whom she had abandoned in her search for the texts. As expected his eyes stare vacantly to the sky, and though not a sentimental person, Osúre feels some sadness. The wound ought to have been survivable. The tall priestess bends down and retrieves her scalpels and bandages, bundling them up, by which time Kámar has returned. Fastening her mask in place, she turns to the open-faced young man. "You do yourself disservice. I know nothing of strategy or war, and will depend upon you in dealing with these men and their stratagems. Shall we go seek and audience?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...