Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Sleepers Awake : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 1

Recommended Posts

Kamár forms up on his principle with the other soldiers, mutters a brief prayer of thanks to the Lord of the Blue Shadows, and takes a spear. He prepares to do his part in the officer's plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fledgling boarding party groups together, huddling while dodging and ducking inbound fiery missiles. Several slung projectiles are seen flying about and overhead. Another crew-member is struck square in the fore-head by a sling shot. He falls to the ground un-conscious. The unconscious crew-member is dragged to near Osure's makeshift operating table. The previously burnt crew-member also awaits treatment near Osure's side. Even though the day has gone to night, the humidity still plays it's toll on all aboard. The night's combat seeps sweat from every pore on the ship.

@Osure - Your spell has taken effect on the boarding party and yourself (I will adjust results as such) If you additionally wish to attempt to heal the patient, please roll against your "Healing" skill (at -1D for multiple actions this combat round)

@Hanumal - Please roll "Coordination" (or Marksmanship if present)for your attempt at spearing a line into the turtle boat. Also, roll for any of the NPCs that are your direct friends.

@Kamar - Please roll "Coordination' (or Marksmanship if present)for your attempt as well at spearing a line into the turtle boat.

All boarders, please additionally give me two rolls of "Agility" (or "Acrobatics" if you have any dice in it) to depict your attempt to utilize the oars and speared rope lines to traverse towards the enemy ship for boarding.

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár's Marksmanship, 4D: 5,5,3 +6+5 (Wild) (I assume that's good?)

Kamár's Agility, 4D: 5,5,4 +6+4 (Wild) [first roll]

Kamár's Agility, 4D: 6,1,4 +5 [second roll]

 

If "Climbing" is appropriate for traversing the oars and lines to get to the other ship, add +1 to the Agility rolls above.

Edited by Purchasemonkey
(Forgot the rolls for boarding)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osúre examines the concussed man and decides a few moments delay will do him no harm, and that he is unlikely to be of further use in the fight, so she focuses her efforts on the man with the burns, removing the arrow, and wrapping salved bandage around his arm. "There you go tusmikang. Now go kill some Salarvyani."

 

[[I am going to assume this is Osúre's 4th round action, as she is being methodical and not hurrying. I'll deal with the unconscious man on round 5 if I am not being attacked. My healing roll for the burned man is 5D+1= 25, with a 5 on the wild die--If for some reason you really want me to heal him on this round, I would have a 21 for the first 4 dice]]

 

[GM Note: Sounds fine. Thanks for the details.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5, 6, 2 = 15 marksmanship for Hanúmal.

 

[GM Note: If you could please provide me two rolls of base Agility, or if you have Acrobatics, that in it's stead.]

 

6, (5), 5, 1 = 19

 

3, 3, 2 = 10

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire boarding party is successful at both making their spears attach to the turtle boat appropriately, and in navigating the oars and rope to just outside the enemy hull. Two of the following crew-members nearly fall into the water tub below, but manage to hang on with dear life as they literally jump the last few feet of the distance.

 

Back on deck, a large bulk of a N'luss appears on deck, braided hair a mess. (Or more so a mess then you've ever seen on a N'luss you've set eyes on). He appears to stumble a bit, having been awoken by the battle sounds. A heavy sleeper, and having drunk heavily the dusk prior, Ur Athal looks through glazed eyes at the ruckus that ensues.

 

Osure is successful at both removing the arrow from her patient, but also at offering some immediate aid for the pain that follows!

 

GM Notes:

@The boarders, you are free to act now. But I would like to have a Dodge roll from everyone, as there were several arrows and slings were fired at your group as you were boarding the turtle ship. You have several pirate enemies in your view. 4 human targets are seen, with 1 additional target mid-ship who continues to cast a summoning spell. That target is shrouded by other humans, but there is still a chance you might get an arrow at him. As a re-hash, there are 3 NPC crewmembers with you, Hanumal and Kamar. I do not know if Barrel Of Swords attempted to go with you. (You can say ya or nay if you wish Hanumal)

 

@Ur Athal. You are now able to do actions in the next combat round which will now begin.

 

@Osure. You are free to treat the unconscious patient or any other action you see fit. Your spell still remains in effect on the group for 4 more combat rounds. (Had assumed a 2d6 total rounds for the spell, having rolled a 5 for it on your behalf. Yes, I'm horrible at rolling)

Edited by Lubidius
Typos..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dodge 5D: 2, 5, 4, 4, 5 = 20

 

((Barrel of Swords lacks the agility to do this very well - he'll stay aboard Nosalas and deal with anyone that threatens the ship.))

 

Hanúmal grips the oar, steadying himself for the leap to the attacking boat. He surveys the enemy vessel, at the four men that wait to engage him, and at the one casting the spell that powers the purple glow. Four men with swords are nothing but distraction, he thinks, but that wizard must die swiftly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[2d6 rounds seems reasonable. Osure would have advised her fellows ~how long the protection would last: ie. Kill the spell caster soon!, and remember that if you can get metal in him we'll have to stop the summoning. All it takes is one hit.]]

 

Osure will start tending to the unconcious man, probing at his skull to see if it is crushed or just bruised, making sure no skull fragments have lodged in the brain, and then wrapping his head in a stiff plaster. (I get a 21 on 5D+1 with a 5 on the wild die)

 

[[P.S. I know very little about Tsolyani medicine, so am going with a napoleonic feel to surgery and wounds, but with more accurate herb/medicine/cleanliness knowledge, which i feel is reflected in the books. Anyone have a good source for more info?]]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lubidius wrote:

[[i would like to have a Dodge roll from everyone, as there were several arrows and slings were fired at your group as you were boarding the turtle ship. You have several pirate enemies in your view. 4 human targets are seen, with 1 additional target mid-ship who continues to cast a summoning spell. That target is shrouded by other humans, but there is still a chance you might get an arrow at him. As a re-hash, there are 3 NPC crewmembers with you, Hanumal and Kamar.]]

Kamár's Dodge Roll, 4D6: 4,1,2 +4 (Wild)

 

If he's not dead and can take another action without a multiple-action penalty, he'll try to take a bow shot. (Should I spend a Character Die or whatever they're called in this system to avoid injury?) Since he'll have to plant the spear in the deck, ready the bow and nock an arrow, that will probably be his action for the round.

 

If not, or if you want the result of his next action,

Kamár's Archery, 4D: 5,4,1 +2 (Wild)

 

Again, let me know if this is worth spending another Character Die on to prevent the Summoning spell from working.

 

[GM Note: I'll help you out by spending a Character Point where needed to get a good shot in on the summoner and not get an arrow through your skull. I think now's a good a time as any to spend a character point (or two) cinematic-ally speaking.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On behalf of Ur Athal (he is waiting on this access level to grant posting):

 

Ur Athal notices that a celebration of blood has begun without him. Screaming at the top of his lungs, he makes a running leap across the divide, and charges at one of the flanking pirates preferably to the outside of his sword arm. Slashing at his opponents legs with his longsword, he hopes to be graced with a human shield of his own creation. He is constantly moving well aware that his lack of armor leaves him vulnerable. "Tonight you will all dine in HELLLLL!!!"

 

 

Attack Roll: 7D-1D for multiaction 6D = Results for 6D Wild Die: 6 Bonus Die: 2 Die 2, 3, 3, 2, 6 Total: 24

Dodge Roll: 6D-1D for multiaction 5D = Results for 5D Wild Die: 3 Die 5, 5, 5, 5 Total: 23

Go Rancorpit!!!

Running 4D Total:15 Jumping 4D Total:14 (in case I needed to roll for that)

If my attack connects Damage Roll: 5D+2 = Results for 5D+2 Wild Die: 4 Die 6, 3, 4, 6 Total: 25

 

The human shield comment was inserted to indicate that I am attempting to cut down the directions others may attack me from, and to use my opponent as an obstacle for his friends, to aid in channeling the enemy towards a swifter death.

 

GM NOTE: And he must look a little like this while yelling that one-liner, or there is just no point screaming it:

 

http://therumpus.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/conan-1.jpg

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanumal makes his way onto the turtle ship, swatting away two approaching enemy "pirates" without blinking, after pressing them to his side with a quick thrust, he has a clear line to the sorcerer that awaits. The man is craggly, old, but seeping with power, as a last bit of light leaves his body and enters the purplish circle in front of him... As Hanumal approaches closer, the purpish haze slowly blinks. pulsing slowly, then erratically ; then the circle moves along to the water top nearby.. quickly, it lowers itself out of view. While Hanumal and the approaching Kamar stand in astonishment, Two pirates attack from the bow of the turtle boat. Kamar quickly takes one out with his strung bow. The other is swiftly taken out by one of the crew-members with your party. The sorcerer before you falls nearly prone. Hanumal strikes a blow, cleaving heavily into the enemy sorcerer's shoulder. The man's tattooed arm falls off before him. The rest of the frail mans body dissipates into a thousand shards of light. One of the crew-members with you is impaled by a pirate chlen halberd, taking heavy damage.

 

A loud cry is heard through the air, Kamar looks over his shoulder to see the final moments of two enemy pirates. Their heads falling cleanly off in front of them. They hold, as if hung in stasis, but then succumb to the gravity below. A large N'luss 'man' stumbles and tumbles after the bodies, taking light damage from the fall.

 

[GM Note: Ur Athal, you've lost 6 body points during the flailing attack. All others are unscathed, other then the NPC crew-member who is heavily wounded. There are 5 more able bodied pirates on the ship, all with chlen long arm halberds and short swords in tow. Three other pirate crew are on board, but very lightly armed, mostly taking care of the ship's operations.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osúre looks up from wrapping the unconcious man's head, and sees the purplish nexus point move. "Oh, chlén dung."

[[Did my 21 stabilize this guy? If so I have him carried below.]]

 

[GM Note: Yes, the patient is now stable.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Barrel of Swords! Lead my crew and use the ropes to pull this boat closer to the Nosalas! Finish these pirates!"

 

Sprinting to the edge of the deck, Hanúmal draws the metal dagger that he has kept since just after Sherésa hi’Mráchiyaku was taken from Páya Gupá, takes a deep breath and hopes it will not be his last.

 

Then he dives into the water after the sinking violet obscenity the dead wizard had called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

harbordeathquote.png

 

Ma'ilotanikh gual maung, val chlamharekoi gual missumkoi!

(Hopefully translated properly as : "Sweet is the harbour, but Death is the ferryman.")

 

GM Note: Well, this should get interesting (not a good thing when a GM says that muhhahaaaah). Anyhow, We are at the start of combat round #5. Osure and Hanumal have declared their actions, awaiting next actions declared by Kamar and Ur Athal. Osure, don't worry, you'll be involved more soon, hopefully not to your ill health. Oh, and we should have a 5th player soon too ... :) The more the merrier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[i stabilized the guy on round 4, so can I take a round 5 action? Or did it take 2 rounds to help him?]]

 

Anyway, seeing Hanumal jump in the water, my next action will be to go to the side of the boat and cast Zoic Domination over the side with the "flee" command, just to make sure any dangerous aquatic monsters hanging around don't eat him. (I think I can make all non-intelligent or semi-intelligent creatures that aren't huge in a 30m radius flee, which should take care of most of the creepy crawly ocean predators--leaving just whatever is coming out of that nexus. lol.).

 

[[i assume that will happen on 5 or 6-- I got a 17 on the roll P.S. Kamar is in clinicals until 8pm east coast time, so don't expect a quick reply]]

 

[GM Note: Don't force him to reply before he is ready, even if it's very late or tomorrow. I'm going to be bsy here at work today, and will be out all night (woooohoooo! party!) so, not in a hurry. Your spell will take effect in this round #5. I'll give it a multi action modifier and you still are able to shoot from the magical hip. By and By, advise Kamar that he did not have to expend a Character Point for his actions on the turtle boat (thus far).]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM Request:

If I could please have a roll for Accumen (or Search if the skill has more dice/pips in it) for Hanumal, Kamar, and Ur Athal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Hanúmal must have the full attention of mighty Lord Karakan at this instant for some reason...

 

Acumenroll2D.jpg))

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ur Athal moves with blinding speed towards the remaining Pirates, he singles out a fighter on the edge. Parrying on the strong he will step into the attacker, and pivot his blade around the haft, while stepping forward and to the side, hopefully impaling the attacker. Removing the blade from the soon to be dead pirate he will step to a low guard, aiming to parry any other blows.

 

Attack Results for 6D Wild Die: 2 Die: 2, 4, 4, 3, 3 Total: 18

Parry Results for 6D Wild Die: 5 Die: 4, 2, 4, 3, 5 Total: 23

Search Results for 3D+1 Wild Die: 4 Die: 3, 5 Total: 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár's Acumen/Search, 4D: 4,3,1 +3

 

Kamár will attempt multiple actions this round; first, grab the wounded man and fireman's-carry him to the other ship. Second, drop him on the deck at Osúre's feet and leap into the water after Hánumal, grabbing a spear on the way.

 

(Expenditure of Character Points as needed, because it sounds like this might be the time to pull some awesome out of the hat.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Kamar rolls the wounded crew-member over to attempt to lift and carry him, he notices a large (~4ft) smudged charcoal glyph a tad washed out by the salty water and warped by sliding combat feet. Kamar cannot read the glyph as it is in a language he does not understand. From it's unbroken and relatively short form, he thinks it to be one word? His memory is keen though, and he attempts to commit it to memory to tell others who may be more knowledgeable of it's form.

 

Unknown to the boarders until now, Nosalas' Captain Aljari had crew-members add several make-shift gangplanks to the crossing way between the ships. Your traveling between them should be much easier now; but some balancing will still be in order.

 

Osure witnesses the purplish ring of mist and energy slowly form whole, into an unspeakable demonic apparition, the likes of which she never had, and never would wish to gaze upon. The creature grows to a massive 30ft in length. She is able to determine with near immediacy that the creature has an aura about it , protective in nature, evil in intent. Osure witnesses what can not be described as anything other then the souls of several humans swirling about inside the creatures belly. What evil could this creature be? What god would allow such a thing to exist?

 

Hanumal unfortunately sees a much larger close-up view of the unfolding shaping purple mystic energy as it shapes hard into a scaly translucent bastard of a sea demon. He is stopped nearly mid stroke by a large tail that attempts to strikes him as he approaches. Approaching aquatic life scampers away at breakneck speed. (Osure's spell of Zoic prodding does take effect, but the large demonic beast seems to brush it off as if a tickle to it's enormous translucent scaly underbelly).

 

Ur Athal gets a clean cut and parry in with a nearby enemy pirate. Blood spurts out from the enemy's belly. Ur Athal's stance remains defensive once the move is completed. The enemy then attempts to lunge towards him, but mistaking places his body on top of the awaiting chlen hide blade. Lack of metal makes the tip no less pointy, as his insides becomes outsides, you see a look of bewildered terror cross the man's smudged face.

 

[GM Note: Reply at will. We are now on combat round #6. Please provide as many skill rolls for your 'intended' actions as you can think up. I may or may not use them all. Always keep in mind what I 'might' need. I'll just correct you if I need anything instead or in addition as needed. Kamar, I will need a Dodge roll from you as you may take a swing or arrow at you while carrying the man to Nosalas' deck.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Did Hanúmal hit the water before the demon hit him? Is he currently injured or not? I'm a little lost on where he is in this scene, now. Since the sphere was described as sinking, he was diving to pursue, not swimming, unless the sphere was floating across the surface.))

 

[GM Note: Hanumal is not hit (yet). The tail is making a swipe at you as you submerge just after the demon has appeared below sea level. If you could please roll a dodge (I omitted that request above, that would have cleared my post a bit.) This shouldn't be that hard a roll considering your speed of dive.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Assuming the rest of the crew is taking care of the pirates.)

 

"Lords of Light!!! What foul demon dog is this? Surely Lord Karakan will guide my hand!" Running past his fallen foe, he grabs the shortsword his enemy will no longer need in this life, and charges towards the edge of the ship flinging the shortsword end over end at the demon, in an attempt to gets its attention. "Come to me foul creature so I may send you back to the Hrihayal's embrace!!! Aiiiiiiee!!!!"

(Flourishes sword for maximum barbarian cheese!)

 

Attack thrown shortsword Results for 2D+1 Wild Die: 6 Bonus Die: 6 Bonus Die: 4 Bonus! Die 2: 3 Total: 20 (Lord Karakan is with us)

Dexterity to grab shortword on the run Results for 4D Wild Die: 4 Die 2: 4 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 1 Total: 14

Running Results for 4D Wild Die: 5 Die 2: 5 Die 3: 4 Die 4: 2 Total: 16

Damage for shortsword (Assuming 1D as throwing dagger) Results for 4D Wild Die: 3 Die 2: 3 Die 3: 5 Die 4: 3 Total: 14

 

[GM Note: Ok, this begs a viewing of all Arnies screams in all of his movies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aLR-8c11ms] Ahhhh, Loved me some Red Sonja

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[Please forgive me the OOC EPT geek humor, but who WOULDN'T want to be sent to Hrihayal's embrace? I think the demon should surrender on those terms. Although, maybe it's not into bondage.]]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár struggles to lift the wounded man and run across the plank with the wounded soldier over his back.

 

[Kamár's Dodge, 4D: 4,2,2 +4 (Wild)]

 

"Túsmishan! This man requires Lord Ksárul's blessing of healing!" he shouts, then casts about for a thrusting weapon and looks for the safest place from which to dive into the waves.

 

[Kamár's Swimming(?), 3D+1: 6,4 +6+6+3 (Wild) +1]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...