Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Sleepers Awake : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 1

Recommended Posts

The view turns and peaks above the shoreline; busy, moving, waving, shouting, bartering, embracing. All of the colorful Tsolyani "ants" below seem active,darting about. Nothing seems to sit still from this bird's view. As the image moves closer to the larger wooden vessel moored to the docks, the Nosalas tips and turns as she awaits the cooler night's sky ; and the pending departure. As a dog whips and tugs at her master's leash before a late night walk; so the Nosalas seemed almost 'eager' for the journey ahead.

 

The Captain Aljari rubs the lining of the deck rails. A small smile turns stern as Aljari moves on with his attending officers of the Nosalas' shore watch. Less structured yet no less resolute to perform their jobs well, shore time on a Jakallan merchant marine ship was still no laughing matter. Chores were duty, and duty was life aboard such a ship. You had to trust every living creature on board, even the slaves who were destined to bring motion to your ship in low winds. The ebb and flow of Tsolyani destiny matched the waves that pounded the Nosalas' side.

 

Mathin snuffs and puffs a few quick snorts, using his fur to wipe the snot and soot free from his drenched nose, as it runs down to his parched Urunen lips. He looks up and out the side of the ship; then down to the crashing water. He thinks back to his childhood, when he would take a long walk with his father to the nearby lake. In summer, for roughly a week's time or less, the waters would melt, just enough time to reflect the sun back on youthful Urunen eyes. Mathin's mind shifts back to the present heat, that unbearable Jakkalan swelter.

 

As he looks across the deck, he sees a well sunned man, in soldier's garb. He hears a large Ahoggya exclaim in broken Tsolyani: "Hanumal, ngangmuru brujutle. Tusmi ssumim gual dopal?". Mathin begins to feel a growing drum beat, as a crowd of onlookers parts in two, allowing what looks like a royal procession to approach dock-side.

 

The scene shifts to Hanumal, who eyes his old friend Barrel Of Swords as he shoves and prods his large rotund body, four legs, and four arms through ; nearly pounding two crewmen to a pulp in the process. As Hanumal approaches Barrel Of Swords, he eyes beyond the approaching procession, and the shocking beauty of a woman that he gazed upon recently outside of his clanhouse, the morning he was visited with news of this voyage. Hanumal's heart, pounding with the excitement of the impending voyage, and meeting his very old friend, skips a beat as he gazes beyond upon the beauty that approaches.

 

[GM Note: The above is just a springboard for further actions by Hanumal for now. I continue to write some lead in for the others who have not quite made it to the ship yet. Hanumal for the time being, you may freely role-play your character and those of your "known" npc friends. I will interject within the day with more for the others, Osure, Kamar, etc.]

 

Hanumal, ngangmuru brujutle. Tusmi ssumim gual dopal? = "Greetings in humility. How are you doing?!"

 

And for those that have no idea what an Ahoggya might look like, here is a handsome example:

 

ahoggya.jpg

Image found on the Tekumel Project site, all rights exclusive to M.A.R. Barker and licensed affiliates.

Edited by Lubidius
Typos.. I'm sure I'll find more too..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[The Scene Moves To An Open Air Terrace Overlooking The Dock Area]

 

Osure and Kamar are dining with their newly refound aquaintence Urrutlen (see character sheet docs) and one of his local contacts Lady Alethya hiSaenkoru (see Urrutlen's single thread)

 

The diners move their simple but elegant plates forward, and Urrutlen offers a humble hand gesture of peace and thanks as he formally calls the evening meal to a close. "Thank you both for having partaken in this meal tonight. I asked you to dinner for two reasons. One, of course to have you both break bread with us here in my clan's lodgings; but also for our honorable guest here, Lady Aletheya hiSAenkoru to present you with information she feels may help us on our journey.

 

The Lady Aletheya, high priestess of the temple of Ksarul begins in a formal tone. She had not spoken much during the meal. She was at the head of the table of course. Small talk seems to rebound off her as the meal had progressed. She had worn the headdress during most of the meal but now had taken it off as she began to stare intently at Osure. "Osure, you are of the 5th circle if I'm not mistaken? I have received a vision which I would like to share with you. If you practice what you have been most assuredly taught by now, I think you will not feel drained in the process? If I may..." Lady Aletheya holds out her hands gently, as if about to embrace your face. Her bluer then blue eyes appear as the sea on a golden day, brighter then the deepest jewels you've laid eyes on.

 

(GM Note: You may feel free to initially react, or wait and I'll post further. Was a bit mid-thought on this but wanted to post something for now.)

 

Ok, can't help but also post.... she looks like this, but about 40 years older...

727838610_379442ed47.jpg

 

If she asks you to drink of the Water Of Life... don't , trust me on that one..

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal hiKharsáma thought for a moment about holding his place on the docks, of bowing at the approach of the noble lady and her retinue.

 

Yet here before him was Barrel of Swords, the Ahoggyá that had saved his life on that hilltop outside Agésha. The Ahoggyá that had spared him from being no more than a wisp of vapor when the explosion leveled that hill. Pushing into the crowd, he made his way to the side of his old comrade-in-arms, alien though that comrade was. "Ngangmuru brujutle, Barrel of Swords! It pleases me vastly that you were able to join us!"

 

Hanúmal looked at the markings on the Ahoggyá's armor. "Molkár? You have attained the rank of Molkár?"

 

Barrel of Swords glanced absently at the pauldron on its foremost arm. "Was Molkár. Legion of Gurúggma, with many bold Kási to hear my commands. Retired now. Too long in wars for not-Ahoggyá. Was homegoing, to make a life among my kind. Until was told that you were needful of my skills once more. But Molkár-giving marks are under lacquer. Cannot remove without ruin of good armor, ssa?"

 

"Ssa, tùsmikrú. Perfectly understandable. Will you walk with me to the ship?"

 

Bowing with precision and formality in the direction of the approaching litter, Hanúmal turned back toward the Nosalas and escorted his friend toward the gangplank.

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking up at the high priestess seated above her on the dias, Osure knows a moment of panic, but schools her features to calm and attempts to rationally weight her options. Neither Urrutlen, nor Kamar, are psychic, so there would be no one to notice if a mind bar was placed upon her by this woman; and yet to refuse a Temple superior in front of witnesses would make her a powerful enemy. Damn.

 

After a moments stillness, Osure moves forward and bows her head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(GM Note: Danielle, Please provide me either here or via PM a roll for both Intellect and Physique ; just against your base attribute for now. I'll clear out this and any other "out of character" notes later on. Don't worry, this is just to gauge the physical and mental reaction to the psychic transference.)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several attendants from the Princess' retinue move quickly to place a highly ornate stepping stool immediately to the side of the palanquin. The Lady moves slowly down to ground level, an air of grace shines on all those around her as she descends. The sheer sight of such a Lady has many bowing severely, into submissive states. As the side curtains of the palanquin are dropped shut (having been open during the journey) you see a glyph of the Cloak Of Azure Gems. The Lady looks around, taking in the air, low lying clouds, azure skies, and the smells of the shoreline. Several gaurds begin to form a barrier near her, protecting the Lady from any plebeian charges.

 

An armored attendant, obviously a body guard of one form or another, makes his way quickly up to the attending shore guard. He halts in front, offers a hand to chest salute, speaks quickly, handing the shore officer a small but ornate scroll. A look of unease furrows the officer's brow, he turns, speaks to an attending fellow officer, who then makes his way up the gang plank to the Nosalas bridge. Captain Aljari, looking startled, makes his way to shore, applying the last buttons of his cotton shirt, and adjusting his chlen sword on his belt. For an otherwise composed soul, this unexpected visitor has him flush and wobbly.

 

<GM Note: More soon... you can feel free to continue open role-play on the ship deck Hanumal, or wait for more action descriptions by myself or others>

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Physique is 2D: 4+3 = 7

Intellect is 5D: 3+1+6+5+4 = 19

 

I italicized the wild die. I am hoping I did this right. [GM Note: Looks fine, thanks.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamar witnesses Osure's eyes slowly cloud over in a bluish haze, nearly matching the Azure shade of the Omnipotent legionaries who guard the emperor now shaded by the Petal Throne's jade ediface.

 

Osure's body and spirit self fight the forced reality that is thrust upon her mind.

 

Osure slowly leaves her own body, following the dark robed woman that leads her across a large body of water. Their spirits move quicker and quicker, until they reach a large temple like structure, bound on all sides by interlaced walls. Their ghost like spirits pierce the walls one after another, great washes of power shock their spirit selves into a shimmer as they pass each one.

 

Could this be? Could this be the lord and master Ksarul's immortal tomb, the Blue Room?...

 

Osure dares not try to take in the entirety of the picture all at once. She has witnessed portions of the feeling that now invades every pour of her soul, whenever she has committed to ritual magic in the name of Ksarul, but NOTHING like this. Her fear leads to rapture, as they enter the blue tomb.

 

Ksarul is seen at center, or a shadow of Ksarul. A large booming voice speaks slowly, surely, a rumbling patience permeates the chord like multi tonal voice that emits. Osure still cannot make out a full body form, nor a face. "Welcome honrable Aletheya". He then emits a word that must be her secret name, as it is indecipherable.

 

Osure 'witnesses' the Lady Aletheya falling to her knees in front of Ksarul. "Oh lord almighty Ksarul, what bidding would you have me do for you?"

 

"Your people will be summoned to a land far away, a floating nexus to the waters of the floating dead. You must do everything in your power to ensure that those on this journey find this... "

 

A bright shimmering light surrounds Aletheya, which then compresses into a whisper of a vision in front of her. A large ornate orb, with golden lettering, which is blurred in the vision."

 

As the vision enthralls the Lady Aletheya, the form of Ksarul warps and shifts in and out of view. It darkens for a moment. Then disappears..

 

The two women's souls are warped back towards reality quickly, painfully, the sight of the engulfed Blue Room, quickly dissapears in the distance. An unheard of distance is traveled nearly instantly.

 

Osure awakes, sweating, drained beyond belief. Her body quakes, and Kamar sees her fall down to her knees. Lady Aletheya follows her to the ground. Both are audibly weeping. Much of the view that she shared begins to muddy as her vision takes the form of this reality around her. Osure does not however shake the image of the orb. The lettering in a language she has never witnessed before. It bears a resemblence to the secret language of the priesthood of Ksarul, but there are many differences in the usage, glyphs, and meter.

 

 

[GM Note, you may begin some initial open roleplaying in the immediate area; both you and Kamar]

[GM Note, additionally, you will not be able to perform magic until you have had at least 4 hours uninterrupted rest. All of your available Pedhétl points have been expended. Normal recovery rate is involved.]

Edited by Lubidius
typos, errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Barrel Of Swords blunders his monstrous body up the gangplank, his legs wobble and warp under the pressure of his rotundness. Even though he appears to be losing his grip entirely, destined to take a plunge, he is surprisingly agile. Not so surprisingly to Hanumal, who has seen him do even more in the heat of battle. Barrel Of Swords becomes slightly quiet as he stares over at Mathin. "What is this creature? I seen them type before... a long time ago. Furry beasts, much more furry then I." Barrel says as he scratches an exposed tuft of hair between one of this legs. He snuffs and puffs his way over to the enchained Urrunen. "What you do to get the chains?" (In broken Tsolyani). Mathin pipes in "Look different then them I gather... only crime I've committed."

 

Barrel swings his body around quickly. "So, what the journey about Hanumal? It's good to swing my sword along your side again friend. Just point me to the enemy..."

 

As Hanumal approaches Barrel to speak, he can see that the princess is actually being led up the gangplank ever so carefully by the ship's captain Aljari. Both don gaping smiles as the Captain handles her hips to stabalize her ascent. An odd openness of reaction between the two considering their stations.

 

[GM Note: Feel free to commit open role-playing on the ship for about an hour's tekumel time. Current time is nearing dusk, roughly 6PM in earth time equivalent. The ship will leave port near midnight, to get the journey going under cover of the cooler dark skies. Osure and Kamar, you can additionally do your initial reaction to obtaining the projected vision during the dinner, up to and including arriving yourselves at the ship. After one reply from all, I'll interject again and we should be on our way at that point. The newly acquired player will be introduced as an additional passenger on the ship when they are done creating their character.]

Edited by Lubidius
Typos, errors, the usual..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Kamar's player has a midterm tonight, but can probably respond tomorrow]

[Please let me know if I have taken too much liberty with the NPC in the below section]

 

As Osure struggles to regain her composure Pavar's saying that men are to the gods as ants are to men comes to mind; and she recalls the words she spoke to the young boy in Hmakuyal weeks ago, about seizing power, approximating the works of the gods. They ring hollow and prideful in her memory now. For a moment, in her deepest heart, she dares to question whether it is really safe to free such a monstrously powerful being from its prison, as her temple plans. Surely it is better to be an ant left alone than an ant trod upon by giants?

 

But then, slowly, reality comes back, and she is aware of her surroundings. Aware of laying on the ground, entangled with this high priestess like drunkards after an orgy, with tears streaming down her face. So Osure sits up, straightening her robes.

 

"The most excellent Lady has shared with me a vision. There are great treasures to be found for our temple where we go, and great rewards for those who find them." She stands, and then, graciously helps Lady Aletheya to her feet as well, and back onto her high cushion, before bowing deeply to her. "I am honored that one so exalted has deigned to lavish such gifts upon me, a humble scholar." As Osure's mind clears she realizes that, practically speaking, the Lady Aletheya could be a larger threat to her than Ksarul far away in his Blue Room. A 5th circle scholar, even of a good clan, counts for little in the face of the wrath of a high ritual priestess; so it is best not to engender that wrath, best not to fail at this task.

 

"It is probably not wise for us to delay overly long, but this may be our last chance for months to speak privately, with only coreligionists present. Lady, may I describe what I have seen to the honored Urutlen and our stalwart guard? Six eyes are better than two in any search?"

 

The Lady Aletheya, seems more shaken by the religious experience than Osure, possibly due to the strain of casting the strange spell, or maybe just from a sufeit of religious ecstacy, but she nods a gracious permission.

 

"We must keep an eye out for a sphere, about so big," she gestures with her hards, "and with gold lettering resembling the letters, but not the words of our priesthood's own secret language."

 

Aletheya's eyes brighten and she sits up straighter on her high cushion, taking an imperious tone. "This relic belongs to our Temple. It is not for the Imperium to take, nor for outsiders to study. I charge you three to return it to me, and to keep it safe from prying eyes. . ."

 

As the others speak, Osure sits, quiet and motionless, thinking. She has never been a very god-minded person, never really felt the presence of the Doomed Prince in her life. Now that has changed, and honestly, she's not sure that she's at all happy about it. Why couldn't the gods leave her be to make her notes and study her creatures in peace? But that is not a noble thought, and so, with an internal sigh, Osure commands herself to accept her skein of destiny.

 

[GM Note: The liberty is not overdone here. It can be assumed by the Lady that the Orb 'belongs' to or should only be studied by the temple high priests. It is not out of character. Nice post. I want everyone to feel free and comfortable to take advantage of the NPCs around them within reason. If I ever see something that for example would contradict the plotline, I'd definitely pipe in privately and edit it on your behalf. I want this to be "our Tekumel" not "my Tekumel" when all said and done.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár struggled mightily to free himself from the terror which gripped him at the extraordinary performance of the Avánthe-cursed witch and his new principal. Torn between a desire to be helpful in rousing them from their spirit-induced faint and dread of offending such high ladies with his uncouth presence, he settled for standing forth and saluting.

 

"Of course, O Honoured Priestess! Your commands are as unto the Word of Our Indigo Lord Himself!" he replied in his customary nervous shout of obedience, and was relieved when only the first syllable or two came out as a squeak. Grateful that his mask concealed his shocked expression and the sweat on his brow, he continued, "This soldier is pleased to fight and die to secure this most sacred object from the chagúnrakoi's god-granted vision for the greater glory of the Prince of the Blue Room!"Otuléngba!"

 

This display of obedience and punctilious martiality not being met with derision or scorn, he continued in a more reasonable tone, "Do the exalted scholars require refreshment, or, ah, medicaments? How may this humble person serve?" He sidled closer to his principle, keeping her between himself and the eerily blue-eyed seeress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osúre and Kamár's progress toward the ship was delayed by the priestess' frequent stops to admire the various fish and sea creatures being sold along the docks. Safely behind her ebony mask, and out of the confining air of the dining room Osúre felt hopeful again, full of excitement for the voyage ahead.

 

She paused at one point to negotiate the purchase of a massive net from a fisherman who was repairing it upon his boat; and who, truth be told, was terrified of the well dressed priestess and her silent guard. Then wasted almost an entire kiren oohing and awing over an étla in a massive steel cage, at one point getting so close that only Kamár's quick action in pulling her back kept her from losing an ear. All the while they trailed a baggage train of slaves lugging casks of lye and quicklime, and a box with a precious copper still in it.

 

Finally, the two Ksarul worshipers arrived at the queue, in time to see the captain "help" a finely dressed lady aboard. Much like the watching sailors, Kámar smiled appreciation for the woman's various undulations as she sought her balance upon the rickety plank. Osúre looked on disapprovingly, as she saw one sailor lean over and crack a joke to his mate. She would never allow herself to be made such a spectacle. How very Jakállan!

 

With a small sniff she moved to the foot of the gangplank, and when the Captain returned down it and offered her his help she gave him a look that would freeze water, then held out a single hand .

 

Note: Etla are human sized crabs native to Jakálla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal hiKharsáma watched with interest as the new arrivals made their way aboard. Having completed a quick tour of the Nosalas with Barrel of Swords, he waited on the deck with his small hand-picked half-semétl contingent. Below on the docks, the arrival of a small group of followers of Ksárul, the Doomed Prince of the Blue Room caught his eye. He pursed his lips, then blew out air. He glanced at the attendants of the Noble Lady milling at the gangplank, then turned to Barrel of Swords. "This voyage is certainly drawing the finest people."

 

The Ahoggyá chuckled.

 

Hanúmal made his way to the gangplank, descended to the planking of the docks. For him this voyage was leading to a confrontation with a god. He'd need help, but this help was the last he'd anticipated. Still, there was no fondness between Ksárul and the One Other. Perhaps this was all according to some grand plan, and they were but game-pieces moved by vast and invisible hands.

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pushing through the mob of sweating dockworkers, Hanúmal stopped before the ebon-masked Priestess and her escort. He removed his helmet. "Ngangmuru brujutle, Jagéltùsmi. Is it your intent to board the Nosalas?"

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The temperature graciously subsides as last minute cargo is added to the Nosalas' limited hold. Pottery, artisan goods, spices, food for a month's journey at full crew, the works. Several (4 at last count) Azure Legionnaires appear just as the ship is to get under way. They escort an ornate wooden box, heavy from the look of it as all four of the Legionnaires acted as pall bearers to the contents inside. Just as they pass the ships gang plank, crewmembers attempt to bring the plank in. Just as the do, they see a Pe Choi at the bottom of the wooden precipice of adventure. Waving and chirping a distressed call to board, the Pe Choi finally convinces the crewmembers to let 'him?' aboard. His face is slighty covered by a moderately ornate cloak. The captain Aljari barks last minute orders to the crew, warns the limited number of passengers to steer clear of any of the working crew. The overseer of the watch has his aids begin to beat the drum, and a rhythmic pulse starts to move the ship in reverse. The sails are taken aback to not reverse the momentum as the Nosalas creeks wide of the dock, and several incoming jaunts and harbor boats. The voyage is under way under the mask of a Jakallan dusk. (GM Note: Hanumal, your Pe Choi friend has arrived, better late then sacrificed as they say. You may all free role-play for up to two replies, after which time I will take over for a bit in traditional mode.)

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ngangmuru tusmikang. I am Priestess Osúre hiKetkulel and this is Temple Guardsman Kamár hiMeshkutáne." Osúre attempted to surreptitiously study the man from behind her mask as she spoke. "Yes, we have been sent to board the Nosalas by our temple at Hmakuyal. Are you in charge of security onboard? Is that an Ahoggya? I have never seen one before."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I have been informed that you will bear a paper marked with the seal of Hrúgash Thayéng hi'Shanggárdas, 12th Circle Grand High Priest of the Temple of Lord Karakán. May I see proof of this?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[i am assuming our superiors gave us such a thing, if not I'll have to retcon this. Ludidius?]]

 

"We have such an item, but would you first be so kind as to let me know to whom I am speaking? And is there not a more decorous place where we can discuss this?" Osúre's ebon face-mask turns meaningfully to look at the crowd of sailors, fisherman and stevedores who surround the group with ill-concealed curiosity; then looks up at the ship's deck, thronged with passengers. "Perhaps on-board? Unless you wish to tell me that all these travelers came bearing a note from the honorable Grand High Priest? By the looks of things our captain has given a berth to anyone with two kaitars to rub together and a desire to travel south." Osúre pauses, afraid she has been too sharp with the soldier and for little cause. This is not Hmakuyal where constant struggling for status and games of one-upsmanship are like breathing, and it is possible that what she has taken for a public flaunting of authority over her is simply a serious and dedicated man working conscientiously. She tries to soften her tone ". . . it is not the way of my priesthood to discuss important matters standing about in public."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Of course, jagéltùsmi. I meant no offense. I am Kási Hanúmal hi'Kharsáma of the Fifth Tsolyáni Heavy Infantry, the Legion of the Mighty Prince. I am responsible for the safety of the ship, and the duty is ultimately mine to be certain that those traveling aboard the Nosalas may sleep soundly in their berths, knowing that my Kuruthúni are duty-bound to trade their very lives to protect yours. Chegukh, jagéltùsmi, allow me to escort you aboard that we may discuss this in more private, if not dignified, surroundings. To answer your query, it is indeed an Ahoggyá, a former Molkár of the Legion of Gurúggma, the 3rd Auxiliary Heavy Infantry, by the name of Barrel of Swords. It is one of my oldest and dearest friends."

 

Hanúmal makes eye contact with Ttk-chtk-dsá, and gives a subtle gesture to follow him aboard.

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osúre seats herself on a cushion in the small cabin, and thinks about how she has already become used to the presence of Kámar standing at her back. She motions to another cushion. "Kámar, please do sit, the honorable kasi's men guard this ship. I am sure that we are as safe as our beloved emperor in the golden tower under their protection." She looks to see if these honeyed words have had any effect upon Hanúmal, hoping to have undone any previous offense. She reaches up and removes her mask, and then retrieves a sealed packet from her robes and holds it out.

 

"I believe this is the letter which you wished to see as proof of our bona fides. I have been assigned to this mission by my temple to study the flora and fauna around this island. I am a naturalist. I also have some small knowledge of the works of the ancients, hopefully enough, at least, to identify the dangerous and the valuable, though those two are often synonymous." here Osúre makes a small tight smile at her own pale humor. In the pause she can feel the ship pulling away from the dock. "To be direct --I do believe soldiers prefer directness, yes?-- things were a bit rushed, and I would feel more comfortable if I could discuss the exact nature of what the Imperium requires from me with our superior. Who heads this mission? Is it the most exalted Molkár? It should be very strange to work under an Ahoggya, but they are fascinating. I have always wondered how their shoulder joints work beneath that carapace. We have skeletons of some in Hmakuyal, but of course no musculature remains. . ." At this point she realizes she is babbling and trails off, looking down to hide her embarrassment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(I often don't chime in during these threads. There are two reasons:

 

1) Kamár doesn't talk very much, as he's painfully aware that his status is very low compared to those around him.

 

2) I'm applying to graduate school while completing an accelerated second bachelor's program. Not a lot of free time.)

 

Kamár reluctantly sat, endeavoring both to keep his balance on the strangely rolling deck while somehow managing to appear both casual and alert at once. He feared he was not terribly successful in this. He could not help but steal sidelong glances at the high officers and bizarre aliens surrounding him as they had boarded the ship, and he feared that he was shaming his clan by playing the wide-eyed bumpkin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal reviewed the document, listening, somewhat astounded. The Temple of Lord Karakán had prepared for this event, presumably, for nine years. And this Priestess, a student of plants and beasts, was sent to accompany them - why? Still, there was a keen focus to her that he both admired and enjoyed. She reminded him of some of his priest friends from the Temple, turning any trivial discussion about the weather into a discourse on the myriad and boundless glories of their god.

 

Her guard, Kamár, seemed distracted by the presence of Barrel of Swords and the Pé Chói, Ttk-chtk-dsá. He remembered when he was himself a young Kuruthúni how the mix of awe and unease sat on him in the presence of non-humans. He found that his focus settled on the wonder he saw in the young man's face. For a fleeting instant he was jealous, remembering when all the world was new and beautiful and... hidden. Waiting to be discovered.

 

Then for a wonderful moment, he felt that enthusiasm, after a decade of slumber, stir again. The surging ship moving to a new frontier. He smiled, in spite of his station. Ttk-chtk-dsá, seeing this, wiggled her ears and clicked her beak in laughter.

 

"I have not yet met the leader of our expedition, although now that we are underway he should make himself known very soon, jagéltùsmi. I was told that he would be escorted by members of the Omnipotent Azure Legion, thus I suspect that he arrived aboard immediately before we cast off."

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[This certainly seems like a good cue to begin traditional mode. I can see them exchanging mild Tsolyani pleasantries until called upon. I was curious how Lee would describe Hanúmal since there is not description in his character sheet and I like beign able to visualize the other PCs.

 

For the record Osúre is tall and thin and ascetic looking. She usually wears indigo robes of a very plain but high quality. They are arranged neatly, but often stained with ink or chemicals or blood. Her hair is very long and arranged in tight pinned up braids. She tries to use very precise mannerisms and comes off as cold, but when engaged in intellectual conversation this facáde drops and she seems more human. At such times she has an unconscious habit of fanning herself with her mask. I picture her as the sort of classic librarianish character that could be mildly attractive if they got a makeover and let their hair down. In her social interactions I try to convey that she is often hiding behind a carapace of cool formality.]]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...