Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Lubidius

Sleepers Awake : Dreams Of A Petal Throne - Chapter 1

Recommended Posts

At the start of this thread, I am going to do a few days of open role-playing as the GM; similar to what Lee did for the character Hanumal, but in a shorter space of time. It is a preface thread for now. Once I am done with this presentation portion (the "prelude" if you will) we can begin. This is just an opportunity for me to experiment with some of the initial NPCs and the environment itself. Please keep in mind as I do this, that your characters will not be aware of everything stated or implied throughout. Please keep that in mind as you begin the adventure. I'm not going to leak so much that the adventure loses it's spice, but there will be things you see and learn that are to emote an epic adventure movie in effect. I tend to take a director's role, and not just a writer in PbP games. It allows for the player characters to expand upon the situation more.

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tawakes.png

 

The view is blackness, cutting(interrupting) to watery view off ship's bow. A monstrous shriek is audible during the clipped scene.

 

The view cuts to a trireme crewman wiping his face, a face which switches from awe to fear and back again. Another figure crouches, huddled next to the man like a youth to his clan-mother.

 

"I can't see farther then I could throw you Teivjis!" the huddled crewman screams near the top of his lungs.

 

"You might not want to see what lies ahead....Avanthe.... Oh Avanthe, calm thy nature's rolling death! Lord Bolende, why have you forsak......<interrupted>"

 

At that moment, a large black creature blossoms from below the waves, it's head staring down at the two men who are now crawling back, in an oddly amusing attempt to escape the inevitable.

 

"Aahhhhhhhhhhhh AHHHHHHHHHHHH" the previously huddled man starts running along the soaken planks, quickly stopped by an enormous smashing limb.

 

Teivjis is swatted against a nearby railing, falling unconscious, the pain giving way to drenching darkness.

 

BAAMMMMMMN, BOOOOOOOOOOM, planks rip apart like kindling crackling under a chlen-tanner's boiling pot.

 

[more soon....please do not post to this thread until I am done presenting several prelude scenes.]

Edited by Lubidius
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teivjis awakens slowly. A pounding ache in his head, pulsing like a chlen-hide drum; boom, boom boom. Sand mixed with saliva, and a little bit of yesterday's soup, trickles down making an oddly shaped pool in front of his bloody nose. He uses what energy is left in his body to prop himself up. Teivjis looks around; seeing pieces of the ship he was traveling in strewn here and there on the beach. Looking up he sees a looming hill near the edge of the nearby foliage. There seems to be more vegetation here then in Tsolyanu.

 

Tevjis makes his way, aching and dragging his wounded right leg, making it to the lightly forested inland edge. Stopping, he looks back to check for any other signs of life. He only sees the deadly rise and fall of the sea's white capped waves. He takes a moment to sit and ponder. If ever he deserved a break it was now.

 

[more soon...]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teivjis continues inland, towards the hilly area visible from shore. As he approaches the base of the range, he pauses to plan his path of ascent. Perhaps if he gets to higher ground, he can view most or all of the island to decide better where to take shelter. The hill slowly turns and folds into the local foliage. Teivjis takes a moment to soak in the odd beauty of his surroundings. Several unknown avian chirps and tweeps are heard throughout his short journey. The heat, ever present on Tekumel, is still overbearing, but there is a good breeze present on this island.

 

"What Island could this be...?" Teivjis whispers to himself. His head still rings with the beating of the shoreline waves, and the screams which were prelude to his watery trip to shore. The last they had seen shoreline, they were passing the Salarvyani town of Ssarmu; on their way to the smaller port of Eielun. Their merchant galley brimming with goods for sale at market. "How far could I have traveled from where the ship was destroyed?" He thought.

 

[more soon...]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were no trodden paths to speak of. The foliage lightened as Teivjis approached the crest of the hill. From this vantage point, he could see that the land mass was large, but clearly ended before the horizon. Definitely an island, and not an isthmus of one of the 5 nations. Several precipices jutted up near him. He climbed the one most easily negotiated. His wounded leg piercing with pain, he slid his body up the rocks for a better view. Peering from the formation, he sees a crevice or cave-like entry about a tsan towards what he figured as "northwards". Without a frame of reference, he could only guess the time of day as mid-afternoon, considering the relative position of the star Sinistra above.

 

Looking back towards the shoreline, Teivjis sees several darkened animal-like shapes meandering the floating debris he had clung to during his watery dance. They appear to rummage through the wreckage, sniffing about as if on the hunt. From this distance, he could not make out their exact nature; but they did not look like they wanted to make new friends. The dark shapes quickly bolted towards the woods, not directly towards Teivjis, but in the general direction of the hills he is atop. His heart drum starts to beat a quicker pace.

 

Teivjis decided to take shelter in the cavern a tsan's distance 'North'. The way was plagued by low-lying brush, a few samples of which he'd never laid eyes on before, but otherwise he kept a quick pace. The cave's entrance was damp, and slightly cooler then under the bearing light of Sinistra; but not by much. After taking some time to rest, Teivjis notices a small blueish light, slowly approaching from deep within the long but cramped cave. Startled, he jolts to his feet. The light stops and quickly moves to and fro; at a noticeably frantic pace. Another light of equal size and shape appears. Perhaps small creatures? or bugs?

 

Teivjis finds himself oddly entranced by the creatures, his mind quickly becomes tangled in an unseen web. He slowly moves towards them, enthralled beyond compare. The blue lights quickly move further and further down the caves tight quarters. The only light available is not enough to keep him from falling feet first into a large hole........ "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

 

The only sound he hears is himself screaming along the muddy tube. He goes unconscious as he hits something very hard.

 

 

1 Tsan = 1.33 Km = 0.826 Miles

Sinistra = the one and only star that provides heat and light in the Tekumel pocket dimension.

 

[more soon...Hanumal will be intro'd next into this main plot thread.]

Edited by Lubidius
Slight typos and errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tastesunrise.png

Tuptsokh thusu : To Taste The Sunrise

 

[more soon ... will edit this post with Hanumal entry to thread as soon as it is completed.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A week's time had passed since Hanumal's great speech at the citadel. A grand speech it was as you cannot dare call it a confession. He had nothing to hide; nothing to be ashamed of. His only guilt was that prior to conveying his feats his memory of Sherésa had slightly blurred. Time's healing potions were washed away abruptly in repeating love's lost longing.

 

The memory of Hanumal's lover Sherésa still closed in upon his daily routines. He would see her face in a clear puddle in his clan-home's practice area. He would comb his sister's hair during a late night chat and melt into the memory of Sheresa's flowing locks.

 

Somehow expressing the deeds did not help dull the fires of his mind, heart and loins. He ached for her touch, yearned for her companionship. Bury it Hanumal, he thought to himself. Bury it next to the faces of your lost friends.

 

Hanumal shakes his head, literally attempting to lose the cobwebs of heartache. It only helps for a short piece of time. He looks up at the wooden practice dummy in front of him; the thousands of chlen sword slices zig-zagging like a puzzle he used to play with as a child. In his mind's eye he slowly moves the lines, lining them up and unlocking the puzzle, his mind shifts to childhood images but then is jarred back to the present.

 

<Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang...> The front door is heard clamoring it's sign of visitors.

 

Hanumal's sister gracefully enters the foyer-way, glancing quickly over to Hanumal. "Are we expecting anyone brother?"

 

 

[To Lee: Please begin 'Traditional' IGO - YOUGO role-playing. Feel free to take some liberty in your sister's actions as needed.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal leaned his sword against the practice dummy. "Ya, unless it's another runner from the Citadel. Which would be fine. I need to go down and frighten some new Kuruthúni in any case. The curse of the age seems to be young boys thinking they know more than old soldiers..."

 

Chasána crossed to the door and opened it, peering out into the bright day. "Ngangmura!" she said. Hanúmal crossed the room to get a better look at the visitor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The large door creaks slightly, the wood having years of cracks and crags about it's large girth. Chasána opens the door to reveal an ornately adorned figure straddled by two soldiers of blue. The chlen-hide halberds reflect as much light as their slightly stained edges can reveal. Even with the dimming twilight sky, you quickly make the man out to be none other then your recent re-acquaintance Hrúgash Thayéng hiShanggárdas. He quickly provides an obligatory formal introduction to your sister, then looks up to see your face. "Ahh, Kasi Hanumal, good to see you again." He parts his vraithurukh to reveal some rolled up papers he had in it's lining. He looks more nervous then the last time you met. "Please excuse the late intrusion? but I have some.." he hesitates, looking at your sister then back at you, "business of a sensitive nature to attend with you. Please expense with any rashang, as it is I who is intruding on your more then likely; suntalikh time." The two soldiers of the omnipotent order side-step, and look about to scan their new surroundings. They offer but a nod to you and your sister.

 

 

Hrúgash Thayéng hiShanggárdas = see Hanumal Prequel thread, post # 57

vraithurukh = robe

rashang = ceremony

suntalikh = dinner

Edited by Lubidius
slight edits..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal stepped to the door. "Jagéltùsmi, chegúkh. Be welcome in my clanhouse, Hrúgash Thayéng! Chasána, chegúkh, bring seats for my guests."

 

Chasána looked in awe at the imposing figure of the Hrúgash. "At once, tùsmikáng. Is he the one that helped you after you fell from that cliff in Yán Kór? Your old friend?"

 

"Ssa, Chasána, it is he." Hanúmal caught a faint smile from Hrúgash Thayéng, then turned to his sister and prompted her with a motion of his head. Smiling, Chasána went into the clanhouse, and returned quickly with a padded stool and a small bench.

 

"Sit, jagéltùsmi, tùsmikáng..." he offered, first the Hrúgash and then the two men of the Omnipotent Azure Legion. "Chasána, close the doors that I may bar them. Let the clan know that we are honored by noble guests and to be patient. Or leave out the back alley," he added with a wink.

 

Once the doors closed, Hanúmal slid the bolts into place. "We will not be disturbed. How may I serve you?"

 

 

jagéltùsmi= you of divine reverence: to a high priest or priestess.

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hrúgash Thayéng took a seat on the padded chair, crossing his left leg over his right, using a noble but relaxed form; as relaxed as a person of his new stature could endure. He cannot help but sit as straight as a board from his upbringing and new-found status. "Thank you Kasi Hanúmal. The temple of the glorious Lord Karakán was further from your clan-home then I remembered; and the roads of Jakalla more rocky then I've seen in my life's time. Damnable taxes do not cover the repairs much needed I gather. Of course, you remain close to our hearts just the same." Thayeng allows himself the informality of a small smile and chuckle.

 

Thayéng adjusts himself slightly, as well as his robes before speaking. The man, although not likely older then 50 years time, seems older then most his age. Perhaps the years of service have taken their toll.

 

"As you know, our azure pointy friends here will not be able to hear this conversation, so you may be as blunt and honest as you see fit. I consider you a friend after all. Don't let these robes blind you to that fact."

 

"I come to ask a favor on behalf of the Glorious Emperor himself. Due to it's sensitive nature, I ask that you not discuss this with anyone until you have left on the task's behalf? Cha, I know I can trust you after all. I should dispense with such formality."

 

He catches his breath then a quick look of concern governs his sinews before speaking once more.

 

"We have reason to believe that your friend and mine alike, the One Other may be gaining strength again in this plane of existence. This time he has chosen a remote location, far from our Emperor's azure network (he nods slightly to the armed men seated on the bench), and blurred to our truth-seeing priests. On the circumstances of our coming into this knowledge I must remain as mute as these fellows; but suffice it say, there are other mitigating issues at hand that equally promote swiftness of action on our empire, and more importantly, our temple's part?", an eyeful gleam you've not seen before from Thayeng takes hold.

 

You had never heard Thayeng speak of politics before, but are not horribly surprised it's head peaks over the precipice of such a 'favor'.

 

"Would you be able to leave within the day? We are in the process of gathering other individuals with ... skills... that might be useful on such an expedition. The location is remote, and sea-bound I must add. I hope your land-locked legs are not too newborn wobbly on waves?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hanúmal leaned closer, nervous in spite of the assurances by the talk of taxes, incompetence, and the rough streets of Jakálla. The Omnipotent Azure Legion was not to be crossed lightly with idle talk that could be interpreted as treason. Even with the Resplendent Flame upon the Petal Throne, old habits died hard.

 

"Jagéltùsmi, I must know more of what evidence have you seen of this return? Nine years ago, it appeared in Yán Kór for but one day and very nearly claimed our world. Might we already be too late? Hrúgash Thayéng, you know me well, and perhaps more about what transpired beneath the walls of Agésha than I myself am aware of. Of course I can be prepared to leave at once. Has Kérdudali Akarsh hi’Voruseka been informed of my departure?"

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A look of un-ease washes over Hrúgash Thayéng's face. "Kasi Hanumal, we've found someone who obtained relics we know to be part of a summoning ritual. These are ancient magical devices. Some that have not been seen for centuries. The portal you saw that night beneath Agesha pails in comparison to the permanence and power of this portal. We've also been able to glean evidence of ancient devices, equally if not more powerful at the same location; though we have not had the knowledge yet to wield them. Our illustrious emperor seeks to lay claim to and explore the location involved, and lay claim to all the treasures there-in. Of course we, would like to better understand what if any hold the One Other may have on the area."

 

Thayéng continues after pausing for breath, "Remote as it may be to our standards, to the Ancients the archipelago in question may have been moments away. Unfortunately for you, it will not be the case. It will take a month's time or more to reach this remote location. We have spoken of this to Kerdudali Akarsh and he will allow you to take as many of your semétl as may be willing ; to act as protection for the expedition." Thayéng shifts again in his chair, the aging process of politics has made his bones brittle. "We know this is asking a lot of you. To uproot yourself, especially as we know your fondness of your sister and clan. But think of this, if you are willing to take part in this, there is sure to be promotion and monies involved, as well as prestige for our clan and temple; and of course your semétl." Again, a look of subdued glee bubbles to his face.

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
“You’re leaving, Tirrikámu. I think that you are not bound to this place as we are. If you stay you will be the merest puppet, an emissary of the One Other. It will know the things that you know. Go back, and tell them what we learned here, that we may be prepared for the next intrusion of the Pariah Deities.”

 

“I serve you, Kási. You need me here. There are too many of them for the two of you to hold back!”

 

“Before we came here, Heréksa Tsutel said that you were always looking for a way to win. You must go back, and perhaps you can find some way to save us.”

 

“Ya, Kási! Chegukh… I am no sorcerer, no priest. I can barely read, how could I possibly learn enough to find you? To listen to Súbadim, I seem to be the greatest imbecile that he has ever encountered!”

 

“Nevertheless, Tirrikámu, I am ordering you to leave this place.”

 

“Kási! Ya, Kási! I have never once refused an order from you, but I beg you, do not make me!”

 

“You know that discipline is key to a successful Tsurúm. I apologize that this is necessary.”

 

With blinding speed, Kási Khirgár hiAmiyála’s hand flashed out, the ornate dagger he used along with his sword striking Hanúmal at the precise location that the spear point had emerged from his chest. Hanúmal's legs wobbled as he fought the renewal of pain in his heart.

 

Hanúmal gasped as he grabbed the blade. “Kási…”

 

Kási Khirgár lifted his armored boot. “Tirrikámu Hanúmal hiKharsáma, you have served me well. Carry out your orders.”

 

Kási Hanúmal blinked, dismissing the memory of the howling fiery maw nine summers gone. He regarded Hrúgash Thayéng soberly.

 

"Jagéltùsmi, I have served Tsolyánu and the Petal Throne since I had fourteen years behind me and was nothing more than a Chlén-brained Kuruthúni. From the jungles west of Páya Gupá to the borders of Yán Kór to the eastern sea, I go where the Empire commands. I have ever done my duty without complaint. I make none now, Hrúgash. I will select a few of my best men and depart, as swiftly as the night winds in the Desert of Sighs. Of course I shall miss my clan. But I have missed my noble friends Kási Khirgár hiAmiyála and Heréksa Tsutel hiChiáng, and the woman Sherésa hiMráchiyaku. I have a duty to them, jagéltùsmi, to complete the only order in my years as a soldier that I did not accept willingly, and have not yet accomplished. You need only say the word and I am on my way."

 

Both men sat in silent reflection for a moment. Hanúmal regarded the two men from the Omnipotent Azure Legion, obediently waiting as still as statues.

 

"I would most humbly request a favor of you, Hrúgash Thayéng. Nine years ago, you may recall that I went to confront the One Other in the company of an Ahoggyá of the Legion of Gurúggma, the 3rd Auxiliary Heavy Infantry, by the name of Barrel of Swords and a Pé Chói named Ttk-chtk-dsá of the Legion of the Nest of Ttík-Deqéq, the 9th Auxiliary Medium Infantry. If they would be willing, their talents would be of much use to me on this voyage. Although I suspect that both those worthy warriors will be as uncomfortable on the seas as I will be myself."

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Kasi Hanumal. I think those noble soldiers would make good company on your voyage. I can inquire on your behalf and ask them to join you at the docks at the time of departure; if they are still alive, in the area, and in service to the Emperor that is. Make your way to the docks of Jakalla by tomorrow's twilight. You will depart by the following morning, after loading preperations are completed under cooler evening sky. Pray look for the trireme Nosalas. Your primary contact will be a man named Jathali. To reveal more of his proper name would not be appropriate at this time. He will be accompanied by a retinue of Azure Legionnaires. This man will know more about the expedition's intended goals. He will however only reveal what is needed at the appropriate time of the voyage. You will be additionally met by several other members of your expedition; each of whom have been asked directly or through channels throughout Tsolyanu to join your efforts. They each represent scholarly souls in several areas of expertise. The Emperor's intent is many-fold for this expedition. Do not write off their worth at face value. They may have their own men-at-arms, so do not be alarmed if that is the case. Please treat them with the same respect you would treat your own clans-people. Be sure Hanumal to determine that they have a paper marked with my seal before letting them aboard. I wish I could say more, but trust me, this is of dire importance; to you, and to us all. While saving your old friends may not be the intended goal of the empire, I do hope you either learn more about their whereabouts during these travels, or indeed meet them ; in this plane or the after-life. I will pray it is the former. I must bid you goodnight."

 

[GM Note: You may proceed with open role-playing from this point until the first members of the expedition arrive at the ship. Consider all NPCs fair game as needed.]

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ssa, jagéltùsmi, it shall be exactly as you have directed." Hanúmal rose with Hrúgash Thayéng and guided him and his Omnipotent Azure Legion escorts to the door, where he bid them farewell. Then he raced upstairs to assemble his armor and weapons. With some measure of haste, he could be to the barracks in time for the evening meal.

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kási Hanúmal hiKharsáma adjusted his helmet and checked the fit of his armor. He’d taken a moment to polish the armor to a glossy sheen. Descending the stairs he walked out of the clan house, taking in the late afternoon air of Jakálla. He made his way along the noisy familiar roads to the Citadel, moving at a brisk trot.

 

He passed the inner courtyard, making a mental note to reprimand someone for leaving equipment scattered about like a child’s toys after drill. Clacking his tongue in irritation, he entered the barracks area of his Tsurúm. Every long wooden table was packed with men and Aridáni women preparing to eat. Kási Hanúmal was noticed almost immediately. The three hundred seventy five Kuruthúni, twenty Tirrikámu, and five Heréksa fell quiet as if some magically-created wave of stillness preceded Hanúmal into the common room.

 

“Ngangmuru, Kuruthúni!”

 

With one thundering voice, the Tsurúm responded “Ngangmuru, Kási!”

 

“Tonight I will take a meal with you, and we will speak of things to come.”

 

“Aing, Kási!”

 

“Heréksa Tsun hiKaómisa’ire, approach.”

 

Heréksa Tsun did so warily. “Is this to be news of the Legion of the Scales of Brown, Kási?”

 

“Ya, Heréksa, not yet. I require the assessments of the ten – no, make it twenty – best Kuruthúni in the Tsurúm. I require the assessments for my Tirrikámu and Heréksa also. With haste, Heréksa, chegúkh…”

 

“Ssa, Kási!”

 

Hanúmal sat with his Kuruthúni and ate. He found that the anticipation of facing the One Other had given him an appetite. After several yóm, Heréksa Tsun returned with documents. Hanúmal reviewed the documents while he ate, occasionally setting a document to the side.

 

When the meal was done and he had completed his review, Hanúmal sent those seated at his table to stand by the wall. The Tirrikámu, following his direction, moved the Kuruthúni from the 19 other tables. They then moved one table toward the doorway. Kási Hanúmal hiKharsáma sat down again, facing the Tsurúm.

 

“If I call your name, come to the table swiftly. Time is not a friend to us today.”

 

He called out the names from the stack of assessments that he had set aside. Soon he had a curious crowd of twenty Kuruthúni, eight Tirrikámu, and two Heréksa gathered before him.

 

“Yesterday at the docks, I heard a sailor making a joke about the union of the Legion of the Mighty Prince and the Legion of the Scales of Brown. He said that the new Niqómi would be named the Legion of the Mighty Brown Corpse. When I disputed his ill-advised mockery, I found it surprising that a man making his daily wage upon the seas was not a better swimmer.”

 

There was laughter from the selected group and the rest of the Tsurúm further back.

 

“How many of you remember the Siege of Agésha, on the frontier with Yán Kór?”

 

Under a quarter of the assembly raised an arm. The rest were too young, or had joined the Fifth Heavy Infantry during the war, when high casualties meant high turnover.

 

“And did you hear the rumors of the story told by the Ahoggyá of the Legion of Gurúggma that carried me from that hillside, away from the lightning weapon?”

 

The same individuals responded.

 

“And according to that tale of the siege, what was my state when the Ahoggyá found me?”

 

Several voices shouted from the group. “On fire, Kási Hanúmal!”

 

“Ssa. On fire. I have been asked by the Resplendent Flame to assemble a group of the best fighters in Tsolyánu to protect an expedition of scholars and priests, traveling by ship to some remote and barbaric dung-pit on the far side of the world. It is by the blessings of Lord Karakán that I am fortunate to be a Kási of Kuruthúni in the Legion of the Mighty Prince, so I did not need to look very far to find them!

 

A cheer went up from the Tsurúm. Kási Hanúmal smiled. “When I heard that the same demon that we fought before the walls of Agésha was waiting for me on the far shores of this mission, my first thought was to find the best Kuruthúni I could, to select the finest Tirrikámu and Heréksa in this auspicious Niqómi, and put to them a simple question…”

 

The great hall was so quiet that the creak of the table as Kási Hanúmal leaned on it could be heard by those against the far walls.

 

“Who amongst you will face unknown horrors as we journey to the ends of the world? Who amongst you will come burn with me?”

 

“Aing, Kási!” With a roar of approval, every hand in the assembly before him shot into the air, clenched into fists. Hanúmal smiled.

 

“Be warned, we may see Lord Karakán on the Isle of the Excellent Dead before we ever set eyes upon Tsolyánu again…”

 

The assembly became a mob as they surged toward the table. Kási Hanúmal hiKharsáma clasped hands with some of them from across the tabletop. “I will take a small contingent of you, perhaps six to twelve.”

 

He raised his hands to stave off the moans of disappointment. “Do not be discouraged if you are not chosen. Those I have selected will be recommended for promotion if they are not picked.”

 

He noticed the glum features of Heréksa Tsun hiKaómisa’ire, not amongst the thirty summoned, and gestured for the Heréksa to join him behind the table. “It was no error on my part that I did not select you, Heréksa Tsun. You remind me of my old friends from before the war, you carry within you that which is the sharp edge of the sword of the Empire. You, my noble friend, will serve as Kási while we are away. I will ask of Molkár Gacháyal hiChaishyáni and Dritlán Dridákku hiNakkólel that they recommend you for the post permanently to Kérdudali Akarsh hiVoruseka should we fail to return.”

 

“Aing, Kási! Chegúkh, Kási!”

 

Kási Hanúmal hiKharsáma turned to several of the Kuruthúni around the table. “Bring wine and spirits from below. We will celebrate our opportunity to serve, and drink to sad partings... and to imminent glory!”

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[GM: Hold all posts. I will intro everyone into this thread by very late this evening. I will close all threads other then this one now.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mathin:

Mathin is slowly brought to the council chambers. After a short debate during which three eye-witnesses testify to Mathin's being the last known person at their places of business prior to objects "dis-appearing", Golaji the town guard approaches the bench. Mathin cannot hear what he speaks, but two of the judges look at one another before nodding slightly after what Mathin hopes are words on his behalf. A look of apprehension takes over their gaze. "Young... thing, after testimony and deliberation, we have compelling evidence before us that you are of a nefarious brood. Unfortunately, as we do not have a direct witness to your physically removing the goods from the premises in question; nor could the guards find the stolen goods in question, you will not get the slow ride you most likely deserve. Due to Golaji's words on your behalf, you will only be given slave status and duties at the port of Jakalla for two years. You are one lucky man.. er.. thing." The judge pauses, as a steward approaches from the rear, bending over putting a few quick words into the judges ear. He points to a scroll that he opens before the judge on the table, pointing to a list there upon. "Ah yes, a fitting duty. Mathin, you are to report under guard to the ship Nosalas. May the gods see to it that you meet a fitting fate, leave our sight now before we change our minds. Guards, escort this beast to the port."

 

Mathin is taken, bound in chains to the port of Jakalla seen here - (rough sketch from original maps)... and is pushed, hands and feet shackled alike up the gang plank to the trireme Nosalas. "You filthy beast, let's see if you can steal yourself away from this lot" Chuckles abound as the Urunen mage is pushed, beaten and prodded up and into the main galley way of the trireme. A man stops the group from entering any further asking for papers. He then says "Fine, fine, we'll see how this beast holds his own with a paddle then, secure him to the main mast".

 

Mathin looks up, a rudimentary rigging system is seen above, large tapestries of sail slowly gain and lose wind as the trireme buckles slightly against it's moorings.

 

[GM Note: Wait here please until introduced further.]

 

@Urutlen:

 

Time passes, and Urutlen's eyes begin to ache from the less then perfect lighting in his study area. He gets up to stretch and adjust the blinder of a nearby window, he looks out and sees a Man and woman approaching the temple area. One looks familiar, a woman he has met in the past and admired the work of immensely, her name was "Os... Osure..." He thinks. "Yes that's it. I wonder why she has traveled all the way here to Jakalla?". As he ends his thought, Lady Aletheya re-enters the study. Rather abruptly she begs.. "Urutlen, I believe that your time for shining may have come sooner then expected. We have been asked to provide as many adepts as possible for an expedition to new lands in the east. I wish I could be more specific, but the two followers of Ksarul you will escort have actually just arrived.

 

@Osure & Kamar:

 

The journey has been long and arduous. [GM Note: I will give you a chance to role-play the journey and the sub-adventures there-of in a flashback thread whenever you wish to partake (and if).] Blessed be the Lord Ksarul for watching over you from the Blue Room above. Like a clan-father watching his family with pride, he surely must be proud that his flock will be at the fore-front on the battle lines for Tekumel. Osure and Kamar are quickly shown to the study of Lady Aletheya, who introduces a man in a clean but forgettable black robe. His look is one of scholarly toil, and not ritual embrace. Osure recognizes the man as Urutlen, a scholar she met in Bey Su a year or more ago.

 

@Hanumal:

 

Kasi Hanumal gathers his growing marine contingent and they make their way to the trireme Nosalas. As Hanumal approaches the ship, a man flanked by 4 azure laden warriors slowly approaches him. Saluting, the man pipes up... "You must be Kasi Hanumal. You come highly recommended by Hrúgash Thayéng. I assume he spoke of the somewhat clandestine nature of the endeavor. What I can speak freely of is that we are to ensure the glory of the Empire throughout the eastern reaches. And I am sure for that and that alone you are ready to proceed. Who have you brought with you? We could use all the aid we can muster."

 

[GM Note: Proceed per instructions in OOC thread.]

Edited by Lubidius
typos...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kasi Hanumal gathers his growing marine contingent and they make their way to the trireme Nosalas. As Hanumal approaches the ship, a man flanked by 4 azure laden warriors slowly approaches him. Saluting, the man pipes up... "You must be Kasi Hanumal. You come highly recommended by Hrúgash Thayéng. I assume he spoke of the somewhat clandestine nature of the endeavor. What I can speak freely of is that we are to ensure the glory of the Empire throughout the eastern reaches. And I am sure for that and that alone you are ready to proceed. Who have you brought with you? We could use all the aid we can muster."

 

Hanúmal looked over the ship, the Nosalas, as it gently rose and fell with the water. He knew little about ships. It seemed sturdy enough to him. He’d have his men assess it once they were aboard.

 

Heréksa Komulis hiNáshomai of the Golden Sunburst Clan brushed his hair from his eyes as he sneered at the stranger’s rudeness. Under his breath he spoke to Heréksa Jgrukekku hiChanu’urunr, standing to his left and to Kási Hanúmal hiKharsáma, before him. “No manners to this one. He must be used to dealing with common Marines, and not those serving the Resplendent Flame upon the Petal Throne in the Legion of the Mighty Prince. Shall I correct his error, Kási?”

 

Kási Hanúmal turned his head slightly. “Our mission is known to but a few. If he has mistaken us for lowly Marines in spite of the heavy armor we bear and our weapons, which is unlikely, it offends neither man nor duty. Especially with foreign observers all about us.” He turned back to the man that had addressed him, returning the salute. “Tùsmiketlán, I am Kási Hanúmal hiKharsáma, of the Iron Fist Clan. You are Jathali?”

Edited by Lee Torres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[I am assuming this takes place within a room at the Temple of Ksarul?]] [GM: Yes]

 

Osúre gives a deep bow to the black-robed scholar. Despite his plain dress, she remembers that he is of Clan Sea Blue. Careful formality is called for here.

 

"It is a pleasure to see you again Urutlen hiSsanmiren. May I hope that you will be accompanying us upon our noble task? Please allow me to introduce Kamár hiMeshkutáne of Black Stone, my assigned Temple Guard."

Edited by Lubidius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamár simply saluted, fist to chest, and then genuflected, going down on his right knee, as he was unsure exactly what etiquette to use with this mysterious superior. He then resumed his position just behind and to the left of his principal, regularly turning his head to sweep the room from behind his swelteringly hot mask. Any curiosity as to the nature of their mission was overriden by his anxiety over the unknown length, importance and danger of this mission, and his desire to appear keen and competent in the eyes of these shadowy hierarchs who moved at heights of power previously undreamt of by the young guardsman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urutlen bows back, "Nganmuru, Lady Osure. It is good to see someone from my previous posting. How is Lord Kerektu?" He spreads his hands. "I was summoned here quite abruptly, and have no knowledge of the reason my services are in need."

 

Uretlen inclines his head to the soldier. "Ohe, Kamar hiMeshkutane, so we are to be comrades on this quest, whatever it might be."

 

He turns back to Osrue. "Perhaps Lady, if circumstances allow, you and Kamar could join me for the evening meal. We have much to catch up on. I have not heard from anyone from Bey Sy since Lord Kerektu's last correspondence to me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(My wife Danielle, who plays Osure, is in Italy until the 15th, and has spotty Internet access. I will ask her what she wants to do with her character and try to post something; I think we can safely assume that both Osure and Kamar are honored by an invitation to dine with their superior and will meekly submit to the appropriate daises. Kamar eats with gusto; Osure is probably much more ladylike).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[GM Note: I will bring Urrutlen, Osure and Kamar up to the Nosalas departure within my intro that I am working on. I hope to have it up by very late tomorrow night]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...