D6 Online 3.0
JPQuinn

Dolmen Creative - Announcing "Destiny6 Roleplaying Game"

Hello everyone!

Now that the announcement dust has settled in the wake of the official release of OpenD6, we here at Dolmen Creative would like to let you know what's going to be coming from us in the next year.

Destiny6 Roleplaying Game

Core Rulebook

Available: Q4 2010 (PDF), Q2 2011 (print)

The first book in the Destiny6 lineup. Every rule, every mechanic needed to not only create characters, but run a full-fledged OpenD6 campaign in the multiverse that is Destiny. Destiny6 uses OpenD6 as a base and expands on it. A revitalized magic system, simplified combat, and intense action come together to not only enhance, but to highlight the story the Gamemaster has labored to create.

Destiny6 Roleplaying Game: Fantasy Grounds II version

Available: Q4 2010

For those that play their tabletop RPGs online by using a virtual tabletop, Destiny6 will be available as module for use with Fantasy Grounds II. Future book releases (namely the Gamemaster's Guide and the Bestiary) will also be available as FGII modules.

Gamemaster's Guide

Available: Q1 2011 (PDF + FGII), Q2 2011 (pint)

Being the Gamemaster can (at times) be a chore. But, we do it for the love of the game. CHORE NO LONGER! With the Gamemaster's Guide, whether you are a novice Gamemaster or a veteran of 3 decades, creating Destiny6 adventures will take only as much time as the thought going from your imagination to the paper (or screen, as the case may be). Whether you like tables, charts, and outlines or you run your games from the seat of your pants, this guide gives you expert tips, tricks, and tactics to make your games smooth, simple, and entertaining. As the Gamemaster, you should be spending time telling your story and guiding the players, not pouring through rulebooks for obscure references. Let the Gamemaster's Guide be your guide to being the best Gamemaster you can be.

Bestiary

Available: Q1 2011 (PDF + FGII), Q2 2011 (print)

From the mundane to the magically malign, this book contains over 300 creatures found in the multiverse of Destiny6. Each creature is given special treatment to bring it to life in a simple and easy-to-use format. In addition to a plethora of creatures, the Bestiary also contains a large number of traits and abilities.

Campaign Guide

Available: Q2 2011 (PDF), Q3 2011 - GenCon '11 (print)

Who is on the Guild Council of Cliffride? How many airships do the pirates of the Satellite Isles have? What's beneath the red Cloud-Sea of the Rift? All these questions (and many more yet to be discovered) are answered in this tome of world knowledge. Meet the dji, a nomadic race of humanoid insects that roam the Cloud-Sea and live on their village-sized airship junks. Visit the mysterious floating mountains of the imperial Shattered Lands, and live to tell the tale. Visit the streets of Ravenna and Cliffride. Tour the underwater ruins of Rappa'hannuk. Sit in an elven council. Stand at the Bellows of Iron. Journey to Hellsbridge. Become a hero. This HUGE book details the core world of Destiny6, and gives you a glimpse of what's beyond.

Sorcerer's Uprising Saga

Available: #1 - Q4 2010 (PDF), each adventure scenario individual (TBA)

The Sorcerer's Uprising Saga is a 12 part series of related adventures designed to show new players and Gamemasters the often terrifying, but always magical world of Destiny6. In Vault of the Necromancer (the first episode of the Sorcerer's Uprising Saga), the heroes are introduced to a secret cabal of spellcasters that are bent on conquering the city-state of Ravenna... from beyond the grave!!! Designed to use the Destiny6 Roleplaying Game. In Sinister Minds, the character's follow the evidence to Cliffride and become the targets of a ruthless merchant and his hired goons. But, is there something here that is far worse than an angry nobleman to contend with? Parts 3 to 12 will be announced, as available.

Feel free to contact Dolmen Creative any time. More information (including places to buy) will be made available closer to each product's final release date.

it really does sound interesting, iv figured out my next buy with table top rpgs would be d6 powers the we will see just how broke the nintendo 3ds will make me once its released hopeful around this christmas. otherwise id so get in the line for bestiary even tho il most likely get it at some point, cant get enough of pre stated d6 monsters after all xD

it really does sound interesting, iv figured out my next buy with table top rpgs would be d6 powers the we will see just how broke the nintendo 3ds will make me once its released hopeful around this christmas. otherwise id so get in the line for bestiary even tho il most likely get it at some point, cant get enough of pre stated d6 monsters after all xD

Cool! Then you'll have to get in on the ground floor. Bestiary 2: Creatures of the Multiverse is slated for late in 2011 (another few hundred critters with artwork and stats). We love monsters here at Dolmen Creative. And not just purple, one-horned, flesh-eating antelopes. No way! We love everything from the smallest creepy-crawly to the largest boogey-woogey! We'll keep everyone updated with progress reports, and a "special announcement" after this year's GenCon Indy.

good par to get me even more interested in buying it xD buying it is pretty much clear, it wont be before this fall tho, hope fully it will be done by then.

Update.

We have a final cover image to share for the Destiny6 RPG: Core Rulebook. There is a larger version of this available for viewing at our website.

Core-Rulebook-Cover-1-thumb.jpg

Cover Design: JP Quinn

Logo Design: Santiago Iborra

Cover Illustration: Jon Hodgson

Edited by JPQuinn

Lookin' good, JPQuinn! So, does this mean there's a release time when people can buy this in hard copy format? Or are you still waiting and this is just a preview of the cover?

Also, are you going to put out any teasers for it, or preview pages so we can see what this product will have to offer?

Lookin' good, JPQuinn! So, does this mean there's a release time when people can buy this in hard copy format? Or are you still waiting and this is just a preview of the cover?

The "hard launch" for the Core Rulebook PDF is December 1, 2010. The "hard launch" for the print version of the Core Rulebook is February 1, 2011. We have contracted some of the industry's great artists and an award-winning cartographer to bring Destiny6 up a few notches. This causes a little delay in our overall time table for all of our products, but I feel it's worth it to give our players and GMs the most we can give and leave nothing "on the table" for later books.

Also, are you going to put out any teasers for it, or preview pages so we can see what this product will have to offer?

I'm glad you asked. We have 3 "teaser" content downloads to be released, other than art previews. And we wanted to know what the community wants these to be. What will make your mouth water and have you banging your heads against hard objects until they bleed, unless you get what you ask for? Shoot us an email, send us a PM, post in this forum, or even send us a carrier pigeon for what YOU want to see as a preview. Do you want to see:

• the character sheet
  • a creature
  • a selection of spells
  • the master attribute and skill lists
  • pictures of my wife walking the dog
  • the statistics of an airship caravel
  • a "choose your own adventure" style scenario, complete with a premade character

It's all up to you, so please let us know what you'd like to see. ;)

Thank you. :-)

Jon and Santiago are amazing artists and they have worked very hard to bring the best art to the project. The title of the Jon's piece is "Snakeskin Pass," which is an interesting location in Destiny6's core world.

Do you want to see:

• the character sheet
  • a creature
  • a selection of spells
  • the master attribute and skill lists
  • pictures of my wife walking the dog
  • the statistics of an airship caravel
  • a "choose your own adventure" style scenario, complete with a premade character

It's all up to you, so please let us know what you'd like to see. ;)

I'd like to see the master attribute and skill lists as a teaser, choosing from that list. Maybe a peek at character creation overall, if that's not too much information...

I'd like to see the master attribute and skill lists as a teaser, choosing from that list. Maybe a peek at character creation overall, if that's not too much information...

The character creation process may be a little long, but when the layout is done on the attributes and skills chapters, I will fire off a quick pdf with some information on it.

But, for quick reference, here are the stats and skills lists:

Physical Attributes

• Reflexes: acrobatics, dodge, fighting, melee combat, riding, stealth
  • Coordination: marksmanship, piloting, sleight of hand, throwing
  • Strength: athletics, lifting, stamina, swimming

Mental Attributes

• Intellect: arcane lore, craft, devices, healing, navigation, scholar, willpower
  • Perception: investigation, search, streetwise, survival, tactics
  • Charisma: animal handling, bluff, mettle, persuasion

Extranormal Attributes

• Magic: alteration, apportation, conjuration, divination
  • Miracles: divination, favor, strife
  • Psychic: alteration, channel, sense

Edited by JPQuinn

Okay,

I'm impatiently waiting for this one, so since the "Hard Launch" date of December 1, 2010 has passed, should we expect the PDF at this point?

I did see that the kickstarter didn't meet funding for the project, one I wish I'd contributed to, but the move from the US to Australia ate up any reserve we had. If that's delaying the projected PDF, fair enough, just looking for some news.

Hi Angel,

I just noticed this post, sorry about the late response. True, the Kickstarter project did indeed go down in flames, but we aren't out yet. At the moment, we are waiting for some more artwork and a final revision of some new content to go into the book. I agree, the release date is coming and going, but I feel that waiting a little while longer will be better overall. After all, I would rather put our best foot forward with the best art, writing, and design than to do a quick publish to PDF of what we have just to make the deadline. If we did that, we may as well design books for d20!

I also see that you're in Australia, well... you're in luck. With our printer partner we will be offering worldwide distribution.

I hope this answers all of your questions. Please feel free to e-mail us at info [at] dolmen-studios.com, post in our new company forums located on this website, or drop me a PM if you (or anyone else) has any other questions.

Hi Angel,

After all, I would rather put our best foot forward with the best art, writing, and design than to do a quick publish to PDF of what we have just to make the deadline. If we did that, we may as well design books for d20!

I also see that you're in Australia, well... you're in luck. With our printer partner we will be offering worldwide distribution.

Ouch! Though yes, one of the things I'm hoping to avoid with the D6 ogl is a similar number of the vastly useless and bloated projects that appeared for D20.

Yep in OZ for the next three years. Good to know I'll be able to get a hard copy of the book.

Hey JP, I have a quick question regarding errata and the pdf versions of your books. Are you planning to occasionally make updated pdf versions available to people who already bought the original electronic version to account for errata and addendums?

Hey JP, I have a quick question regarding errata and the pdf versions of your books. Are you planning to occasionally make updated pdf versions available to people who already bought the original electronic version to account for errata and addendums?

Yes, we will always keep our PDFs up to date with the latest information and errata corrections. As a side note (especially for print purchasers), anyone purchasing a print copy of any of our products will receive a PDF copy of that product for FREE. This is not a special deal. This is our promise and solemn guarantee to our fans.

That is spectacularly awesome! Personally, I love the concept of having both versions but I have a hard time justifying paying for the same content twice.

So how exactly will people who buy Destiny6 get the updated pdf versions as you release them? Also, how do you keep your material from showing up on torrent sites where people can get it for free?

That is spectacularly awesome! Personally, I love the concept of having both versions but I have a hard time justifying paying for the same content twice.

So how exactly will people who buy Destiny6 get the updated pdf versions as you release them? Also, how do you keep your material from showing up on torrent sites where people can get it for free?

We use DriveThruRPG.com as our exclusive PDF distributing partner. Through their system, we can update every person who has ever purchased a specific product to new versions.

As to the idea behind torrent sites, this is a difficult one. On one hand I find it flattering to find any project I've worked on in a torrent (and there are quite a few torrents out there with my stuff in it). On the other hand, I dislike it because those uploading and downloading are literally burying the RPG industry. RPG pirates don't realize that they are the #1 reason why RPG books are so expensive to begin with. Anyone who has gamed longer than 2 decades can look back and remember when hardcover books were $20 or less each. When new, small-print, vanity companies popped up with pretty interesting stuff, and there were even a few companies that started out with a typewriter and hand-made booklets out of their basements (example-White Wolf magazine). Some of the experts say that RPG pirates upload/download 25 copies for every 1 copy purchased legally of any single RPG book. We find this to be disturbing, to say the least. Honestly, Dolmen Creative would not survive to launch more than 1 book if this were to be true. To help combat RPG piracy, we watermark our PDFs with the purchaser's name and unique DriveThruRPG customer number so we can track offenders. Also, we watch the sales of our PDFs very closely to help make future product decisions.

Besides, who would want to be a pirate anyway? Pirates won't get the cool bonus material and rewards from playing a clean game. Silly pirates, perks are for customers!!

It's hard enough for a small developer to pay the bills as it is, without rampant piracy.

I will admit that most of the SW pdfs I have came through the five fingered discount, but these are all books that I bought at the store when they were new, and aren't available. I would never download a pirated copy of any extant work, and I would feel guilty even about downloading those classic books if I hadn't already purchased the real thing. I spent a ton of money on those books back in the day - I had pretty much every WEG SW book at one point - and prices today from small publishers are well worth the investment. Even if I only mine the book for ideas, or use 1% of the content, it's worth the investment to me.

I'll admit I won't buy anything thats watermarked or such, I find it highly insulting, its like saying 'you are a rabid criminal who dares buy this and must be kept leashed by threat of law by our handy watermark upon you!'

Admittedly I hate that I need a license plate for my car for much the same reason, but the government has guns and a monopoly so nothing I can do

I'll admit I won't buy anything thats watermarked or such, I find it highly insulting, its like saying 'you are a rabid criminal who dares buy this and must be kept leashed by threat of law by our handy watermark upon you!'

Admittedly I hate that I need a license plate for my car for much the same reason, but the government has guns and a monopoly so nothing I can do

That's too bad. :-( Your patronage will be sorely missed.

(On a personal note: I find it just as moronic to have license plates and car insurance.)

I too have a beef with government tracking but it's because the more "safe" a government tries to make it's country through rules and regulations (which require monitoring/tracking) the more freedom the citizens loose.

This obviously does not apply to an RPG publisher watermarking it's products to protect against piracy since Doleman Creative has no authority or practical methods to track/restrict my actions.

Now, back on topic: The Destiny6 website mentions "tiered character advancement." this makes me think of DnD's class system ("I'm a level 6 wizard") instead of the usual D6 method of raising individual skills between games. Can you tell us anything about this aspect of your game?